PDA

View Full Version : Was it a memorial or a pep rally?

Matt Collins
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Mike Church asks the question:
http://www.mikechurch.com/Public-Transcripts/a-memorial-or-a-pep-rally.html

Bruno
01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
The page cannot be displayed

mczerone
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM

Worked for me...

Anyway to the OP/Church's piece - why do you expect the leading mouthpiece for the State to do anything but suggest (1) that the State should do something about this action that the (vast) majority find reprehensible, (2) that the losses suffered are felt not only by the victims, but by the State itself, (3) that the losses were even more severe because the dead could have been active in further glorifying the State, and (4) that the only reason any of us have to live, and therefore must restrain from violence, is to further the interests of the State.

The Official Position isn't "we'll allow victims to seek justice", which would place importance on individuals, but instead "the State will ensure justice is done", usurping any power or volition from acting individuals and placing it in the institution of government.

Bruno
01-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Worked for me...

Anyway to the OP/Church's piece - why do you expect the leading mouthpiece for the State to do anything but suggest (1) that the State should do something about this action that the (vast) majority find reprehensible, (2) that the losses suffered are felt not only by the victims, but by the State itself, (3) that the losses were even more severe because the dead could have been active in further glorifying the State, and (4) that the only reason any of us have to live, and therefore must restrain from violence, is to further the interests of the State.

The Official Position isn't "we'll allow victims to seek justice", which would place importance on individuals, but instead "the State will ensure justice is done", usurping any power or volition from acting individuals and placing it in the institution of government.

Strange, still doesn't work for me. Thanks, though.

pcosmar
01-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Link works fine for me. your net neutrality may be interfering.

angelatc
01-13-2011, 11:50 AM

Obviously Matt Collins needed his own thread for this? He can't be bothered to join in the conversation with the commoners here? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275493-What-a-cheesy-memorial-ceremony

Bruno
01-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Link works fine for me. your net neutrality may be interfering.

Thanks for the laugh! :)