PDA

View Full Version : Important: Please Respect Private Property when Putting up signs!

DeadheadForPaul
10-21-2007, 11:38 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/community_conway_blog/2007/10/ron-paul-the-si.html

Ron Paul: The 'Sign' of a Bad Campaign

posted by Chris Gent on Oct 21, 2007 10:57:56 PM

I drove home from downtown Orlando today and passed 27 Ron Paul for President campaign signs -- 16 in Conway alone. Some were professional signs; most were handmade signs with phrases like "Google Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul Revolution."

The signs were posted illegally in public right-of-ways, nailed on utility poles, taped to utility transformers, erected on private property without the permission of the owners and some even blocked the line of sight for busy intersections. I even saw a Ron Paul campaign volunteer purposely damage a downtown tree in order to erect a campaign sign.

I don't know Ron Paul and I certainly don't have anything against him running for President of the United States. This is America, after all. Anyone can run for president.

But when you run for president your principles should guide your actions and those of your campaign volunteers.

What does it say about a candidate whose volunteers choose to snub local code enforcement laws, trespass on private property, damage beautiful trees and endanger the safety of the driving public?

It speaks volumes.

You may now return to the neighborhood.

ronpaulfan
10-21-2007, 11:46 PM
IMO respect private property, but, never be discouraged at putting up a sign. This blog post could just as easily be someone in Guiliani's campaign trying to discourage us. Not saying it is, only that it would be very easy. The vast majority of people seeing the signs are curious or impressed, not bothered.

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 12:04 AM
This is not Important. Attacking the messenger is the oldest method known to suppress truth.

the rEVOLution will NOT be televised

sure WWRPD but you have to remember WWYD for your children's future?

NewEnd
10-22-2007, 12:10 AM
I call bullshit

Right-of-ways are legal in most areas for campaign signs

nailed on utility poles is legal, and if it isn't... WHO CARES, (its legal in Seattle, and most towns I know of) (yard Sale, this saturday, anyone?)

How does he know it was posted on private property without permission? Does he/she know the owners?

And he claims to have witnessed a paul supporter break a tree... what an utter lie.

Give him the big ignore.

LizF
10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I call bullshit

Right-of-ways are legal in most areas for campaign signs

nailed on utility poles is legal, and if it isn't... WHO CARES, (its legal in Seattle, and most towns I know of) (yard Sale, this saturday, anyone?)

How does he know it was posted on private property without permission? Does he/she know the owners?

And he claims to have witnessed a paul supporter break a tree... what an utter lie.

Give him the big ignore.

"How does he know it was posted on private property without permission? Does he/she know the owners?"

You beat me to the punch--my thoughts exactly.

McDermit
10-22-2007, 12:16 AM
could just mean someone stapled/nailed a sign to a tree..