PDA

View Full Version : Assange: WikiLeaks Has Dirt On Murdoch & Fox News Corp. Owner

bobbyw24
01-13-2011, 06:07 AM
WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange revealed that he has damaging "insurance files" on Rupert Murdoch and his News Corp media empire that he will release if something happens to him or to WikiLeaks.

Assange made the revelation in a conversation with journalist John Pilger that appeared on the website of the New Statesman magazine on Wednesday.

"If something happens to me or to WikiLeaks, 'insurance' files will be released," Assange told Pilger. He said that the contents of the files "speak more of the same truth to power...there are 504 US embassy cables on one broadcasting organisation and there are cables on Murdoch and News Corp."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/12/assange-wikileaks-murdoch-files_n_808086.html

Bern
01-13-2011, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFFJhO90VN8

specsaregood
01-13-2011, 07:42 AM
this whole insurance file sucks. Insurance is supposed to be something you never want to have to use. Which implies that he never intends on releasing the information. That sucks for the people that risked their lives/reputation/etc. to leak information.

Bruno
01-13-2011, 08:19 AM
this whole insurance file sucks. Insurance is supposed to be something you never want to have to use. Which implies that he never intends on releasing the information. That sucks for the people that risked their lives/reputation/etc. to leak information.

That's a big assumption based on one word choice.

He also could have used that word because he wanted to release it on his own terms, and in his own timeframe, but wanted to have an alternative option just in case.

specsaregood
01-13-2011, 08:24 AM
That's a big assumption based on one word choice.

He also could have used that word because he wanted to release it on his own terms, and in his own timeframe, but wanted to have an alternative option just in case.

I don't believe I assumed anything. I said that the word choice implies that he doesn't intend on releasing it. I stand by that statement.

Bern
01-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Wikileaks released the encrypted, but uncensored cables as an insurance file before they started releasing the censored (names redacted) version to the press. I imagine he'll do the same thing any time he has something hot that will upset a rich and powerful entity (who has the ability to hurt him/them).

SamuraisWisdom
01-13-2011, 09:22 AM
If he's not going to release any information then why bother getting it in the first place?

ItsTime
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Now the liberals just put a target on his head.

vita3
01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
It would be cool if a legit conservative media form overtook Murdoch's control.

pcosmar
01-13-2011, 10:09 AM
It would be cool if a legit conservative media form overtook Murdoch's control.

It would be nice to have legitimate Investigative and unbiased media.
It would be nice if journalists had integrity. And that integrity was respected.

It would be nice if men like Ron Paul were not rare.

Bruno
01-13-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't believe I assumed anything. I said that the word choice implies that he doesn't intend on releasing it. I stand by that statement.

Fair enough. I back off mine. :)