PDA

View Full Version : Israeli/Jewish lobby seems to be at war with Palin

cindy25
01-13-2011, 02:11 AM
keep hearing the criticism from Krugman, now this big deal about blood libel.

I thought she was their little puppet.

t0rnado
01-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Well, the majority of the people on Ezra Klein's left-wing JournOList group were Jews, so it makes sense they're going after Palin.

ronaldo23
01-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Glad they are spending all their energy fighting each other. Palin is just as awful as krugman and those guys.

Lord Xar
01-13-2011, 03:30 AM
yeah, I believe so too.

I'd look at Palin's speach writer. That phrase is NOT in the common vernacular, so I image he put it in there on purpose.

erowe1
01-13-2011, 08:05 AM
1) Why do you say "Israeli/Jewish" lobby? There's Israel, and there are Jewish people, and the two aren't the same thing.
2) Krugman's an economist. What does he have to do with any Israeli or Jewish lobbies?

RonPaulFanInGA
01-13-2011, 08:12 AM
And 'Jews for Sarah Palin' just got done declaring her to be an "honorary Jew":

h XXp://jewsforsarah.com/?p=5675

YumYum
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
1) Why do you say "Israeli/Jewish" lobby? There's Israel, and there are Jewish people, and the two aren't the same thing.
2) Krugman's an economist. What does he have to do with any Israeli or Jewish lobbies?

The majority of Jews are "pro-Israel". The difference between Jews is that there is an increasing number of Israeli/American Jews/Zionists who want America out of the picture with regards to Israel; foreign aid and all. That is because those Jews that want America out of the way will then be able to deal with the Palestinians with no interference, while the Jews who want continual U.S. support are more concerned with Iran and want us to go to war.

erowe1
01-13-2011, 09:46 AM
The majority of Jews are "pro-Israel". The difference between Jews is that there is an increasing number of Israeli/American Jews/Zionists who want America out of the picture with regards to Israel; foreign aid and all. That is because those Jews that want America out of the way will then be able to deal with the Palestinians with no interference, while the Jews who want continual U.S. support are more concerned with Iran and want us to go to war.

There are different ways to be pro-Israel, and simply being pro-Israel is not necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't have any problem calling myself a pro-Israel non-interventionist. And the number of American Jews who are against the Israel-first policies of AIPAC, et al, may be a minority (I really don't know), but if it is, it's a sizable minority.

I think major problems come up when you conflate Israel with "the Jews" (for that matter, there are problems any time you put the definite article before the word "Jews"). It's by way of that conflation of terms that people get away with charging anyone who doesn't have a sufficiently pro-Israel interventionist foreign policy of being anti-semitic. Notice how Marlin Stutzman did that in this anti-Hostettler email he send out in the last days of the 2010 Indiana U.S. Senate primary, when he says "Israel and the Jews":
http://oneeteam.bm23.com/public/?q=preview_message&fn=Link&t=1&ssid=9844&id=embzvzyd2hztv3nz9ulzyaf6psa4x&id2=3qzi131abkxflcwrbguvif9jc65ai&subscriber_id=arbewkhwbnfodqwglbiiuktjbideblc&messageversion_id=azygcetxdrkzhzortdhfaaaktayhbef&delivery_id=amfwwlkyafxdhnqtbngmoynlntbcbih

YumYum
01-13-2011, 10:34 AM
There are different ways to be pro-Israel, and simply being pro-Israel is not necessarily a bad thing. I wouldn't have any problem calling myself a pro-Israel non-interventionist. And the number of American Jews who are against the Israel-first policies of AIPAC, et al, may be a minority (I really don't know), but if it is, it's a sizable minority.

I think major problems come up when you conflate Israel with "the Jews" (for that matter, there are problems any time you put the definite article before the word "Jews"). It's by way of that conflation of terms that people get away with charging anyone who doesn't have a sufficiently pro-Israel interventionist foreign policy of being anti-semitic. Notice how Marlin Stutzman did that in this anti-Hostettler email he send out in the last days of the 2010 Indiana U.S. Senate primary, when he says "Israel and the Jews":
http://oneeteam.bm23.com/public/?q=preview_message&fn=Link&t=1&ssid=9844&id=embzvzyd2hztv3nz9ulzyaf6psa4x&id2=3qzi131abkxflcwrbguvif9jc65ai&subscriber_id=arbewkhwbnfodqwglbiiuktjbideblc&messageversion_id=azygcetxdrkzhzortdhfaaaktayhbef&delivery_id=amfwwlkyafxdhnqtbngmoynlntbcbih

There are Jews who are not "pro-Israel", and the number is growing. Right or wrong, The Israeli government's actions is causing many people to become antisemitic; people who before were neutral and didn't dislike Jews, now hate Jews. I read this stuff on the internet and I can't understand why some Jews don't see Israel as a liability to the safety of Jews world-wide. The Jews that I talk to that are "pro-Israel" are very confident and feel that Israel will prevail. "Yes", I ask, "but what about us that aren't in Israel?" They reply, "you must be strong", or "you must deal with it". I don't like that. You can't ignore the world and play "Let's pretend". I believe this is going to backfire on Israel, and the United States. Here is an article that talks about a growing number of American Jews who are not "pro-Israel", and yet are very loyal to their heritage and strong in their faith.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/26/us/26religion.html

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I thought she was their little puppet.

She is the puppet of neo-conservatives. Both Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer have come out in defense of Palin, and condemned the left for their attacks on Palin.

lester1/2jr
01-13-2011, 11:57 AM
yeah krugman going after her based on Israel is a big big stretch. she is hugely pro isael and he is a leftist.

doodle
01-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Lovers quarrel.

robert68
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM

It’s easy for some to claim they want the US to end its "foreign aid and all” to Israel when it’s so far from the reality. Israel has never existed without significant foreign military and financial support.

Cap
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Feeding the left/right paradigm.

robert68
01-13-2011, 12:39 PM
There are different ways to be pro-Israel, and simply being pro-Israel is not necessarily a bad thing.

It is if one considers, among other things, stealing and possessing land rightfully belonging to others, to be always wrong.

erowe1
01-13-2011, 01:00 PM
It is if one considers, among other things, stealing and possessing land rightfully belonging to others, to be wrong.

No, it isn't.

robert68
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
No, it isn't.

“If one considers…stealing and possessing …”

ExPatPaki
01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Why does one have to be pro-Israel anyway? Why not just be pro-America?

erowe1
01-13-2011, 02:52 PM
“If one considers…stealing and possessing …”

No, it isn't.

erowe1
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Why does one have to be pro-America?

HOLLYWOOD
01-13-2011, 02:56 PM
yeah krugman going after her based on Israel is a big big stretch. she is hugely pro Israel and he is a leftist.

As another has stated... left/right paradigm of BS politics/pundits/prostitutes

History reported by the lefties over @ BSDNC
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2008/09/02/4438215-palin-meets-with-aipac

Palin meets with AIPAC

From NBC/NJ's Matthew E. Berger
MINNEAPOLIS -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin today met with the board of directors of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, NBC/NJ has confirmed.
The meeting took place inside Palin's hotel, sources said.
A campaign official would not say who asked for the meeting, but said it was geared towards putting the American Jewish community at ease over her understanding of US-Middle East relations.
"That's obviously going to be an issue," the aide said. "It's not like being the senator from New York, obviously. But these aren't issues that are off her radar."
Palin, joined by Sen. Joe Lieberman, expressed her "heartfelt support for Israel" and spoke of the threats it faces from Iran and others, the campaign official said.
"We had a good productive discussion on the importance of the U.S.-Israel relationship, and we were pleased that Gov. Palin expressed her deep, personal, and lifelong commitment to the safety and well-being of Israel," AIPAC spokesman Josh Block said.

"Like Sen McCain, the Vice Presidential Nominee understands and believes in the special friendship between the two democracies and would work to expand and deepen the strategic partnership in a McCain/Palin Administration."

ExPatPaki
01-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Well hopefully a politician running for office in America, has America's interests in mind, not some foreign country's.

Flash
01-13-2011, 03:02 PM

I'm definitely anti-american.

Why does one have to be either? I think it's childish to have pride of a nation/culture you just happen to be born in.

here are different ways to be pro-Israel, and simply being pro-Israel is not necessarily a bad thing.

If governments like Israel are hostile to freedom, why be pro-Israel at all? Why be pro-any government? I don't see a major problem with Jews living in the Levant for religious reasons, but I still don't understand why there needs to be a state of Israel.

robert68
01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
No, it isn't.

To a christian zionist.

HazyHusky420
01-13-2011, 07:48 PM

I think major problems come up when you conflate Israel with "the Jews" (for that matter, there are problems any time you put the definite article before the word "Jews"). It's by way of that conflation of terms that people get away with charging anyone who doesn't have a sufficiently pro-Israel interventionist foreign policy of being anti-semitic. Notice how Marlin Stutzman did that in this anti-Hostettler email he send out in the last days of the 2010 Indiana U.S. Senate primary, when he says "Israel and the Jews"

You realize that by being "pro-Israel" you think a group of people are entitled to a piece of land, which is collectivist and unlibertarian.

http://www.carolmoore.net/libertarianparty/principlesandisrael.html

HazyHusky420
01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't see a major problem with Jews living in the Levant for religious reasons, but I still don't understand why there needs to be a state of Israel.

Or why they need to violate the property rights of non-Jews. The last time I checked Jews and non-Jews in the region got along much better before the state of Israel.

HOLLYWOOD
01-13-2011, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't have any problem calling myself a pro-Israel non-interventionist. And the number of American Jews who are against the Israel-first policies of AIPAC, et al, may be a minority (I really don't know), but if it is, it's a sizable minority.

It doesn't matter, it's a very well coordinated indoctrination operations at all levels by "THE HAVES" and they are dragging everyone along. If you object, oppose, and/or question, you are attacked and discredited. It should be, No country gets my Tax Dollars, especially ones that conduct; wars, spying/espionage on the US, Bribery, Racketeering, Conspiring, assassinations, bombing, killings, racism, terrorism, and imprisonments.

This too: http://aipac.capwiz.com/bio/id/567

In today's Texas Insider Magazine Front page
http://www.texasinsider.org/

http://www.texasinsider.org/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/adrotate-out.php?trackerid=11http://www.texasinsider.org/wp-content/uploads/wp-banners/texansforisrael.jpghttp://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/AIPAC_RON_PAUL.png

erowe1
01-13-2011, 08:28 PM
You realize that by being "pro-Israel" you think a group of people are entitled to a piece of land, which is collectivist and unlibertarian.

http://www.carolmoore.net/libertarianparty/principlesandisrael.html

Being pro-Israel doesn't entail that any more than being pro-Palestine or pro-America does.

And who cares whether something is labelled "libertarian" or not? If you think that being able to wear the label "libertarian" is important, then you're the collectivist.

HazyHusky420
01-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Being pro-Israel doesn't entail that any more than being pro-Palestine or pro-America does.

Being pro-Israel means you think a piece of land belongs to an ethnic group. That's what Israel is all about! It is literally a racist theocracy. I'm not saying some pro-Palestine people aren't the same way, but being pro-Israel means you think an ethnic group is entitled to a piece of land regardless of how you spin it.

If you think that being able to wear the label "libertarian" is important

Libertarian means pro-freedom. Is freedom not important?

then you're the collectivist.

If you don't want to label yourself then fine, but that makes no sense.

HazyHusky420
01-13-2011, 08:35 PM
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/AIPAC_RON_PAUL.png

???

heavenlyboy34
01-13-2011, 09:49 PM
If you think that being able to wear the label "libertarian" is important, then you're the collectivist.

No it doesn't. It just means that a person who considers himself a libertarian values individual liberty and liberty in general. Collectivism is the polar opposite.

roho76
01-14-2011, 04:45 AM
What I find funny is Isreal is the only country that has a "Pro-them" stand point from the American view point. Why must we be Pro-Isreal? Why can't we just say "shit yeah, Isreals a cool place to visit on vacation, lots of history both good and bad". Where's the Pro-Guam group or the Pro-Nigeria group? This whole argument is a mind fuck and it's been going on now for decades. If you're not Pro-Isreal then you're an anti-Semite and so on. Being Pro-Isreal does not mean you like that country it means you agree with their governmental policies.