PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul look younger->more powerful with his new hair cut?

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm sure some of you have noticed that he had a much shorter, almost Roman-style haircut at the debate. Does this make him look younger->more powerful?

koob
10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
ummm...pic?

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
ummm...pic?

Link to video of debate if ya missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46hDZvME7Oc

me3
10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
RP is not a celebrity, please stop treating him like Giualiani.

We're trying to win a presidential race, not nominate the world's 50 most beautiful people.

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 11:34 PM

We're trying to win a presidential race, not nominate the world's 50 most beautiful people.

It's a simple observation

tekkierich
10-21-2007, 11:37 PM
appearance is VERY important, do not discount it.

My wife always tells me that Dr. Paul needs to do something about his eyebrows. To her they scream crazy old uncle. That is not a image or thought that we need going through anyone's mind.

I honestly have a partial poor opinion of Romney because he looks too slick. That may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Image is a very subjective, subconscious thing. Every candidate should do all they can to look their best.

AdamT
10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Today we are a media-driven society. While the message RP is giving is very important, looks are important as well. If his look is polished it can go along way on it's own. Just look at Mitt! LOL.

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 11:42 PM

My wife always tells me that Dr. Paul needs to do something about his eyebrows. To her they scream crazy old uncle. That is not a image or thought that we need going through anyone's mind.

I honestly have a partial poor opinion of Romney because he looks too slick. That may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Image is a very subjective, subconscious thing. Every candidate should do all they can to look their best.

This is true, people judge incorrectly on image and first impressions. It may be wrong but, it is what it is - and to think otherwise would be foolhardy. I think Ron Paul's "new do" is proof that he is mindful of what he needs to do to win. Us free thinkers already love him, now its time to rope in the apathetic, the downtrodden, and even the superficial dumbasses.

Cindy
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
I knew something was different and couldn't put my finger on it. I thought he was just to busy to get his hair cut and needs one.

The new style, if that is what it is, looks goofy to me. That wavy mop top look is in with the younger generation though. :)

LizF
10-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I noticed the look too. It looked to me like it had simply been brushed differently (perhaps to cover any thinning spots).

It's all good, as long as he doesn't look too slick.

JenHarris
10-22-2007, 12:44 AM
My wife always tells me that Dr. Paul needs to do something about his eyebrows.

LMAO - I keep saying that to my husband as well. It's his right eyebrow that particularly makes me want to grab some tweezers and start plucking!

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
We're trying to win a presidential race, not nominate the world's 50 most beautiful people.Correct, but looks are important to the majority of voters unfortunately.

Malakai0
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Ron's got the biggest, balls of them all!

parke
10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
had to go with the first one.. still laughing.

me3
10-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Correct, but looks are important to the majority of voters unfortunately.
This is just more bread and circuses. How shallow are we anyway?

The time people waste talking about Ron's hair could be spent campaigning.

JMann
10-22-2007, 10:06 AM

The reason women shouldn't be permitted to vote.

The future of the country dictated by looks. This gave us Clinton and it is the only reason Obama has more than * support in the polls.

richard1984
10-22-2007, 10:09 AM

Of course, Guiliani doesn't have any hair to speak of.... And even if he did, he'd still look like a dirty snake. :p

richard1984
10-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Correct, but looks are important to the majority of voters unfortunately.

Since that are shallow!
Makes me wonder if they realize that they are voting for president....:rolleyes:

kylejack
10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
The crowd loved his ideas booed his haircut.

wgadget
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't know about his haircut, but as I watched the youtube of the debate, I realized I REALLY don't want a bald president.

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
How shallow are we anyway?I'm not shallow at all, if I were I probably wouldn't be working for Ron.

But the majority of the voters unfortunately ARE shallow and the person who panders to them the most, will win. Therefore things like his hair and his looks etc are important for getting votes. To think that looks and personality doesn't matter in an election is naive and ignorant. It's sad but true.