PDA

View Full Version : From this chart in WaPo why is Ron seen as second, not first, tier as a candidate for 2012

sailingaway
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/morning-fix/the-two-tiered-gop-presidentia.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/Screen%20shot%202011-01-10%20at%209.22.24%20PM.png

There's more than 30 points between the two groups if you put Ron in the top group, but only about 8 points 'between' Ron and the top group if you DON'T put him into the top group.

Puzzling.......

devil21
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Probably because the media will do what it did during 2008, try to marginalize him. Remember, the media paints it's own narrative of the candidates during elections and hopes the voters follow. They usually do.

It's telling when Gingrich is in the same tier as Huckabee, seeing how Gingrich was basically ran out of the party on a rail back in the 90's. The media WANTS Gingrich to do well since he's just another status quo guy.

satchelmcqueen
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
its 2007-2008 all over again. plain and simple.

Dissident
01-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I view RP's main competition of Palin, Gingrich, Romney, and Huckabee as an advantage.

S.Shorland
01-15-2011, 08:13 AM
'Republicans and Republican Leaning Independents'. I wonder where he'd be if all independents were considered and then add the Democrats.I don't think it's too bad really and by 2012 your country will be considerably further down the slippery slope.They might well decide it's time for another terrorist attack (I just can't accept Building 7 was a fire collapse or that a 'piledriver' destroyed the rest of the tower made of the same material as itself but eight times bigger,I'm sorry) or a war to distract.

pacelli
01-15-2011, 08:34 AM
its 2007-2008 all over again. plain and simple.

Yep. Lets hope Ron plays it differently this time.

outspoken
01-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Yep. Lets hope Ron plays it differently this time.

and how should Ron play it? The guy is 75 and is not going to change how he plays anything. Maybe his supporters can change but Ron has not varied his approach since he got involved in politics. I believe Ron Paul's mission at this point is not to become prez but to revolutionize how average Americans think about government. He annilates all the neo-cons in the debates.

pacelli
01-15-2011, 10:07 AM
and how should Ron play it? The guy is 75 and is not going to change how he plays anything. Maybe his supporters can change but Ron has not varied his approach since he got involved in politics. I believe Ron Paul's mission at this point is not to become prez but to revolutionize how average Americans think about government. He annilates all the neo-cons in the debates.

Notice I used the word "hope"? I "hope" he changes his approach, in the same way I "hope" he becomes president. I agree with you about RP's mission.