PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Tea Partiers Approve of President Bush?

libertyfan101
01-11-2011, 05:47 PM
The Tea Party movement is challenging politicians and political establishments in many parts of this country. Many Tea Party supporters define themselves by their opposition to big government. However, according to an April CBS-New York Times poll, 57 percent of Tea Party supporters approve of George W. Bush.

It is not surprising that Obama's abuses would cause some people to wish for his predecessor. However, prudent Americans will not forget George W. Bush's damage to the Constitution, freedom, the economy, and the political system.................
Bush and many of his supporters forgot that the Constitution was created by a generation of men who had fought a war against the most powerful government in the world. The Constitution was not made for sunny days and smooth sailing. Instead, it was crafted for hard times, with many provisions for dealing with deadly threats to the nation's survival. For a president such as Bush to act as if he could no longer be bound by the Constitution is an insult to the Founding Fathers, who survived far harsher tests in their time than America did on and after 9/11.

If Tea Party activists are truly devoted to freedom, they must recognize the crimes and abuses of both Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives. A little history could do wonders to enlighten the partisanship.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=1278

QueenB4Liberty
01-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Because the Tea Party was co-opted by Neo-Cons? Isn't this old news?

libertyfan101
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
It is. But it must be refreshed from time to time.

oyarde
01-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I would view avg tea party person as older , fiscal conservative . The percentage in the poll would reflect about the correct amount of them that do not know that the previous President spent too much .

sailingaway
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe they just mean as compared to Obama. No idea. I don't approve of either of them, and if I were polled would consider myself a tea partier for the purposes of the poll - or at least a tea party leaning type.

But if you look at it, these are 'supporters' not necessarily 'in' the tea party. Many who SUPPORT the tea party might be garden variety Republicans.

Heimdallr
01-11-2011, 06:06 PM
57% seems an accurate number in terms of the Tea-O-Con vs. Paleocon percentage within the tea party.

WELL... IT'S BETTER THAN I THOUGHT AT LEAST!

Flash
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
They're afraid of the Democratic Party's agenda so they run back to Bush.

noxagol
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Because 57% of the tea party exists because they are mad that the president has a D after his name instead of an R?

kah13176
01-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Tea Party In Name Only. Palin railed against the Tea Party platform when RP was running in 2008. Now, she calls herself the "face of the Tea Party". This is the TEA Party, not the damn Republican Party. Then that crap attracts flak and people criticizing the Tea Party for crap it doesn't even stand for.

Paul, Schiff, etc. supporters need to seperate themselves from what the Tea Party has morphed into and call themselves the Freedom Movement or something else.

oyarde
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Tea Party In Name Only. Palin railed against the Tea Party platform when RP was running in 2008. Now, she calls herself the "face of the Tea Party". This is the TEA Party, not the damn Republican Party. Then that crap attracts flak and people criticizing the Tea Party for crap it doesn't even stand for.

Paul, Schiff, etc. supporters need to seperate themselves from what the Tea Party has morphed into and call themselves the Freedom Movement or something else.

Liberty movement

Brooklyn Red Leg
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM

I disagree. I think we should take back the Tea Party and throw the NeoCons out. If we migrate to a new 'party', those same assholes will follow us and attempt to hijack it again. Its time to start putting out feelers and dragging in the progressives that we agree on with civil rights et al. Its time to make Gerald Celente's prediction of the fusion of Libertarian-Progressives.

PreDeadMan
01-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Because ..... they are goddamn puppets nothing but REPUBLICAN PUPPETS....

bill1971
01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Because they are racists. Just kidding, because this new Tea Party, not the Ron Paul Tea Party is mainly republicans, who now say I didnt like Bush either yet supported him all the way with Iraq and his bailouts. The same people who say they want limited govt, unless it deals with who should marry who or what drugs can be put into your own body or what countries to invade. Believe me if a republican wins in 2012 and gets involved in growing the govt, this "new" tea party will sit quietly by as the Ron Paul tea party members are pushed aside again and called extremists.

anaconda
01-12-2011, 01:39 AM
I think that people believe that "family values" talk translates into a righteous and patriotic government. Nothing could be further from the truth.