PDA

View Full Version : Our law is unbalanced and unfair.

Vessol
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
((Edit: the thread title was poorly written, I should've changed it after I was done writing))

You really got to realize how fucked up our nations moral compass is when this Loughner guy is portrayed as a monster and a psychopath. The man will either serve the rest of his life in jail if he is lucky, or be executed by the State.

Now before you attack me for this, I think that what Loughner did was incredibly immoral and horrible. He also in my opinion is mentally insane and incompetent, he was not fully aware of the actions he was taking.

On the other hand we have hundreds of politicians and generals who KNOWINGLY commit mass murder and slaughter.
These men and women are not mentally insane and are clearly conscious of their actions.
The congresswoman herself who was shot, Giffords, was part of the Committee on Armed Services. As far as I'm concerned, she has more blood on her hands than her assailant.
Does this justify the attack? Never, violence is never justified unless it is in immediate self-defense.

What I'm saying is that our country has a horribly fucked up moral compass when men like Loughner are locked up and potentially killed for murdering six people.
Yet hundreds of fucking politicians and generals who consciously are involved in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents..they get cushy pensions, a book deal and get to retire at a ranch in Texas.

Pericles
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
One of the defenses at Nürnburg that did not fly was the idea of pre-emptive war. The point is that the state does not have the ability to grant exemption from personal responsibility.