PDA

View Full Version : Local Burger King handing out US Constitution with Whopper Meal :)

amy31416
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't know if they're doing this anywhere else, but it's pretty nifty.

Video: http://www.wicu12.com/uploads/bkconstitution_P11011_256k.wmv

Whopper with a Side of Constitution, Please
January 10, 2011, 9:19 pm
The United States Constitution is making a comeback. CLICK FOR VIDEO First in the nation's capital last week as the new congress read the document, in full, for the first time ever on the House floor.

Now, you can add a side of constitution to your whopper sandwich.

"We think the whopper is an American staple as a sandwich and so the constitution, of course, is what we were founded on. So we thought it would be a good way to give a favorite sandwich with the Constitution," said Karla Murray, marketing director of PEC Management.

PEC Management, which owns all ten of the Erie County Burger Kings, started the promotion Saturday. They credit the new congress for the idea.

"We were inspired by what they did. We thought it's a great time to go back and reflect on what our founding fathers have really founded this great nation on," said Murray.

You can pick one up, like Sam Leone did Monday, at any of the ten locations in Erie County.

"I'm going to take it home and read it," Leone said. "It's good. You got to make people aware of the Constitution and what's going on and what's happening," he said.

PEC Management says to hurry, because supplies are limited. They ordered more than 500 copies, so each store should have a little more than 50 available.

Vince Slomsky

http://www.wicu12.com/news/index.vnss?newsid=11130

(Oh, there's also a poll there if you'd like to vote in favor of BK's giveaway.)

oyarde
01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Excellent , each store needs a few hundred though , not 50 .

sailingaway
01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Excellent! And voted!! Although, I think the Constitution might have a different market than a cheap toy....

amy31416
01-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Excellent! And voted!! Although, I think the Constitution might have a different market than a cheap toy....

Now if we could get some children's materials for the Happy Meals--Schoolhouse Rock type stuff. That would be pretty cool.

Vessol
01-11-2011, 03:32 PM
It's official.

Fast food restaurants are now more in touch with liberty than our government is.

oyarde
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Now if we could get some children's materials for the Happy Meals--Schoolhouse Rock type stuff. That would be pretty cool.

Fabulous idea .

oyarde
Yes .

Bruno

Great idea

oyarde
01-11-2011, 03:34 PM
It's official.

Fast food restaurants are now more in touch with liberty than our government is.

Yes.

angelatc
01-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Not exactly the same, but I used to tell my younger son he only got the toy if he ordered the apples instead of the french fries. :) Those things work pretty good until they start school.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
+1 to Amy

+1 to Vessol

Awesome idea.

Cue BK corporate legal team killjoys who will shut the give away down as "too controversial" in 3...2...1...

amy31416
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
+1 to Amy

+1 to Vessol

Awesome idea.

Cue BK corporate legal team killjoys who will shut the give away down as "too controversial" in 3...2...1...

I thought of that, and will probably do my little part by actually stopping by a local place and pass along my kudos to the manager. I'll at least call and let them know.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
I thought of that, and will probably do my little part by actually stopping by a local place and pass along my kudos to the manager. I'll at least call and let them know.

You're not going to buy anything???

Oh gawd I could go for a Double Flopper w/cheese right now....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.burgerking.co.uk/files/images/product/dblWhopperCheese.gif

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach/attach,45045/image/Ferrari-458-Italia-Photoshoot-Sydney/drooling-homer-140.gif-7919.0.html.jpg

Vessol
01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I'll take a burger from andy's any day over any of the flavorless crap that BK serves.

amy31416
01-11-2011, 04:11 PM
You're not going to buy anything???

Oh gawd I could go for a Double Flopper w/cheese right now....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.burgerking.co.uk/files/images/product/dblWhopperCheese.gif

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/dlattach/attach,45045/image/Ferrari-458-Italia-Photoshoot-Sydney/drooling-homer-140.gif-7919.0.html.jpg

Well, the snow's getting pretty heavy right now, and my vehicle has had some (I think) fuel delivery issues as of late. Stalling, idling low, etc...and it's too damn cold to get stranded. Otherwise, I'll be all about a whopper w/cheese--their fries are better than McD's anyways (yeah, yeah, I'm a blasphemer!)

Vessol
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Imagine if your average Congressman went to one of these Burger Kings. The poor sap would think that it was the napkin included with the meal.

amy31416
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Imagine if your average Congressman went to one of these Burger Kings. The poor sap would think that it was the napkin included with the meal.

Pfft...napkin? That there's 4-ply toilet paper to them!

Philhelm
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Not exactly the same, but I used to tell my younger son he only got the toy if he ordered the apples instead of the french fries. :) Those things work pretty good until they start school.

Wait...you didn't need the government to tell your son to eat apples instead of french fries? No way, I don't believe you! ;)

Pericles
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Frankly, I'd be totally OK with a BK stacker to go with my 2nd Amendment.

And the poll says 79% love it.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Wait...you didn't need the government to tell your son to eat apples instead of french fries? No way, I don't believe you! ;)

No fries, apples or whoppers for you until the activated charcoal arrives!!

LolZ

Anti Federalist
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, the snow's getting pretty heavy right now, and my vehicle has had some (I think) fuel delivery issues as of late. Stalling, idling low, etc...and it's too damn cold to get stranded. Otherwise, I'll be all about a whopper w/cheese--their fries are better than McD's anyways (yeah, yeah, I'm a blasphemer!)

Uh Oh...I'm on it...what type of vehicle, make model and engine?

amy31416
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
No fries, apples or whoppers for you until the activated charcoal arrives!!

LolZ

Don't those crazy Krauts have a name for the amusement you're feeling right now? Isn't it schaudenfreude? Ya big meanie.

Uh Oh...I'm on it...what type of vehicle, make model and engine?

Honda CR-V, just a plain-old 4cyl (yes, it's underpowered), 4wd. 2000, Special Edition, 118k miles. (Yeah, I know--but it's a good winter beater.)

ETA: It runs fine, for a bit...last time it stalled, I put it in reverse, went about a foot and it quit. Other times it just gave me some crap when I accelerate (almost like the transmission was slipping a bit), then kicked in and was fine, then the idle would drop when I came to a stop at a light, and I could get them back up by shifting into neutral....hmm...maybe it's not a fuel issue, but it also doesn't seem to be the transmission. Gah.

Anti Federalist
01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Don't those crazy Krauts have a name for the amusement you're feeling right now? Isn't it schaudenfreude? Ya big meanie.

That was cruel and unusual. Sorry Phil! LoL

Honda CR-V, just a plain-old 4cyl (yes, it's underpowered), 4wd. 2000, Special Edition, 118k miles. (Yeah, I know--but it's a good winter beater.)

ETA: It runs fine, for a bit...last time it stalled, I put it in reverse, went about a foot and it quit. Other times it just gave me some crap when I accelerate (almost like the transmission was slipping a bit), then kicked in and was fine, then the idle would drop when I came to a stop at a light, and I could get them back up by shifting into neutral....hmm...maybe it's not a fuel issue, but it also doesn't seem to be the transmission. Gah.

Only happen in the cold, did it just start or has it been happening for a while, has the transmission ever been serviced, specifically the filter, does it shift normally through all teh gears when running?

amy31416
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
That was cruel and unusual. Sorry Phil! LoL

Only happen in the cold, did it just start or has it been happening for a while, has the transmission ever been serviced, specifically the filter, does it shift normally through all teh gears when running?

Only happens in the cold so far, and just for a couple of weeks (I don't drive it that often). The tranny was serviced a couple of years ago, and it shifts the same way it always has through the gears when running. No weird hang-ups or slippage.

It takes me about a month to go through a tank of gas in the thing, and it didn't start happening until the last fill-up (it's at about 1/2 tank right now.) Which was one reason that I thought it might be the fuel--the other reason being that when I'd hit the accelerator, it would "protest" by hesitating. The suspicion about the tranny was because it was better when in neutral....

Anti Federalist
01-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Only happens in the cold so far, and just for a couple of weeks (I don't drive it that often). The tranny was serviced a couple of years ago, and it shifts the same way it always has through the gears when running. No weird hang-ups or slippage.

It takes me about a month to go through a tank of gas in the thing, and it didn't start happening until the last fill-up (it's at about 1/2 tank right now.) Which was one reason that I thought it might be the fuel--the other reason being that when I'd hit the accelerator, it would "protest" by hesitating. The suspicion about the tranny was because it was better when in neutral....

OK, so that pretty much rules out any tranny problems at least on the surface. It sounds like just the idle load on the engine is causing it to stall.

Since it just started right after the last fill up, contaminated fuel might be a possibility, especially since it's gotten quite cold.

Hondas also are prone to vacuum leaks, since they like to engineer their engines with myriad vacuum lines.

So, maybe to start, refill the tank with fresh fuel, add some methanol based deicer additive and have a look around under the hood for any loose, cracked or missing vacuum lines.

amy31416
01-11-2011, 06:44 PM
OK, so that pretty much rules out any tranny problems at least on the surface. It sounds like just the idle load on the engine is causing it to stall.

Since it just started right after the last fill up, contaminated fuel might be a possibility, especially since it's gotten quite cold.

Hondas also are prone to vacuum leaks, since they like to engineer their engines with myriad vacuum lines.

So, maybe to start, refill the tank with fresh fuel, add some methanol based deicer additive and have a look around under the hood for any loose, cracked or missing vacuum lines.

Muchos gracias. :) I'll check 'em out tomorrow.