PDA

View Full Version : Sketchy Audience

ronpaulfan
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
At the end of the debate, Fox news reporter Wendell Goler said:
“Congressman Paul…..you have drawn some of the strongest reactions of any person on the stage, both pro and con”

Now I don’t know what Wendell was hearing, but, the audience reaction I heard for Dr. Paul, though positive overall, didn't seem very loud. Therefore, Wendell saying Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions of anyone on stage sounded very strange to me. But when I thought about it, after all of Dr. Paul’s responses I remembered hearing many cheers and whistles in the applause. This was even stranger because, despite heavy cheering and whistling, I couldn’t remember it being loud. In fact, it sounded very muted and no louder than claps following drab responses from other candidates, almost as if the sound was turned down. Fortunately, I have a Tivo and looked back over every response Dr. Paul made. Here is what I found:

1. Ron Paul’s first answer was regarding gay marriage and was very good and logical. The claps sounded strong yet muffled. This doesn’t prove much but keep reading.

2. Ron Paul’s next answer was regarding managed care and was an amazing answer. The clapping was filled with whistles and cheers yet still sounded muffled.

3. Ron Paul’s next response received strong boos when he said 70% of Americans want the troops home. Now who the hell boos someone during a televised debate in the middle of a response? (Rudy gets booed after responses when his face is shown :D)

4. Ron Paul’s next response about social security was again amazing. It was again followed by strong cheers, whistles and applause that sounded muffled. Yet when McCain said something slightly humorous moments later, you can loudly hear chuckles in the audience. Also the polite claps at the end of his boring response were somehow at the same audible level as the whistle & cheer-filled applause for Ron Paul!

5. Ron Paul’s next response about non-interventionism was LOUDLY AND RUDELY BOOED when he said,
“All we have to do is start talking to people & trade with people. We don’t need to assume the world is going to blow up.” Now this I feel is 100% proof the audience was purposefully and maliciously filled with people specifically instructed to boo Dr. Paul. The sentence they chose to boo was not a sentence anyone anywhere at anytime would ever boo!!!

6. Then Wendel made his statement which proved Dr. Paul had some of the strongest “pro” reactions in the audience (which they heard but we viewers didn’t because they were muffled!). Dr. Paul then gave the most ridiculously good response of the evening when he talked about conservatism and how neo-con’s adopted Democrat’s positions. This was again followed by strong claps and cheers! Yet strangely enough, when the camera immediately panned out, not a single person in that part of the audience was clapping!

Okay, now that you read all that. Please answer the following poll question: “Do you think the audience was…..”

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I agree - i noticed thaty as well....i did hear soem big clpping at the begining of a response and then it was suddenly lowered???weird Liars teh lot of em

Danny Molina
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
I Think a mixture of options 2 and 4.

Grandson of Liberty
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
I think maybe he wasn't necessarily talking about the reaction of the audience that evening, just in general throughout the campaign season.

quickmike
10-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes,

It was definitely turned down when he got applause because you could hear it loud for a second and then suddenly muffled. It wasnt like they were applauding, then suddenly stopped. You could tell the volume level from the mics were turned down intenetionally.

As for the audience, I would say that they were mainly Mitt and Rudy supporters given tickets by the campaigns.