PDA

View Full Version : PPP: Ron Paul at 6% in Iowa

RonPaulFanInGA
01-11-2011, 10:10 AM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/01/huckabee-strong-in-iowa.html

If Mike Huckabee decides to run for President again in 2012 he'll start out the same place in Iowa where he finished in 2008- first place. Huckabee leads there with 30% to 18% for Mitt Romney, 15% for Sarah Palin, 13% for Newt Gingrich, 6% for Ron Paul, 4% for Tim Pawlenty, 3% for John Thune, and 1% for Mitch Daniels.

rp08orbust
01-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Hmmm, 3 points lower than his 2008 caucus results. A recent NH poll showed no progress from the 2008 primary as well.

Comparing these poll results to those from the same point in 2007 isn't valid unless you do the same for the other candidates.

TheTyke
01-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Edit: Already been done... lol

trey4sports
01-11-2011, 10:29 AM
guys, its a year out.

What do you think the polls will look like after an injection of $20,000,000 and thousands upon thousands of volunteers canvassing in Iowa?

TheTyke
01-11-2011, 10:33 AM
What a great starting point! The campaign has yet to begin, and our efforts will cut into image the media is trying to paint.

I'm looking forward to the next few years. :)

rp08orbust
01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
guys, its a year out.

What do you think the polls will look like after an injection of $20,000,000 and thousands upon thousands of volunteers canvassing in Iowa?

It's only 7 months out (if Ron can't win the Ames straw poll, I don't think he has much chance in the caucus). Other candidates will be pouring millions into the straw poll as well. Ron Paul has to quadruple or quintuple the number of Iowans who share his worldview in that time, while Mike Huckabee merely needs to retain the supporters he already has.

TonySutton
01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I am just happy they are including him in the polls. This alone puts us light years ahead of 2007.

sailingaway
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
If independents won't register Republican, I don't see how Ron can win. If they WILL register Republican, it is a whole different ball game. We really have to focus on getting independents into the party.

jmdrake
01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
If independents won't register Republican, I don't see how Ron can win. If they WILL register Republican, it is a whole different ball game. We really have to focus on getting independents into the party.

Well consider this line of reasoning. There's no reason to consider participating in the Democratic primaries/caucuses/whatever since Obama will (likely) run unopposed. So why not consider voting for Ron Paul instead? I'm already using that line with democrats with some moderate success. (Of course I live in a state with an open primary.) We also need an effective strategy for going after old voters.

TheTyke
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM

They won't... we tried getting people to switch in KY, and only handfuls will go through the trouble. This was a primary strategy in Kokesh's campaign and we see how that worked out. It might get us a % here and there, but we have to be careful not to alienate Republicans while doing it.

What we need to do is work on building a image of momentum and winnability and selling Ron to REPUBLICANS. This is what we did for Rand in the early days.

Romulus
01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/01/huckabee-strong-in-iowa.html

Why do you keep posting results from PPP polls?

They've already been proven to be BS from Rands race, have they not?

Fredom101
01-11-2011, 01:08 PM
This is problematic. People are republicans because they actually WANT wars and the war on drugs, etc. Logic will not persuade them. RP is a very tough sell to actual, Faux News-watching GOP-types because it is in many ways the opposite of what they are for! It is also a tough sell to democrats because they see the R by his name and immediately associate it with war mongering, "for the rich", and pro-corporatism. Switching to Ron Paul is a much tougher sell then say going from Romney to Palin, because it involves a mindset shift which most people are terrified of unfortunately.