PDA

View Full Version : Clyburn: Reading Constitution provoked murder in Tucson, or something

Matt Collins
01-11-2011, 08:38 AM
The first sentence of this article is golden

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/10/clyburn-reading-the-constitution-provoked-murder-spree-in-tucson-or-something/

Noob
01-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Now they are putting more gun control bills forward, to ban the type of clips he was using

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/dems-ready-gun-control-bill/

Matt Collins
01-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Now they are putting more gun control bills forward, to ban the type of clips he was using

Good. We can use it to test the Republicans.

oyarde
01-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Clyburn is a mad man .

RideTheDirt
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM

He could have just carried multiple magazines... Is a madman going to abide by that law for some reason??

coastie
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
He could have just carried multiple magazines... Is a madman going to abide by that law for some reason??

"Wait a minute. Are you saying there are people that wouldn't follow this law? Preposterous! It's bipartisan, damn it! Look at what all the other laws we passed have done.........errr.......,<mumbles something about not raising taxes> Well, we got to do something."

Signed
-Insert random congress critter here

/s

amy31416
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
One of the most ridiculous articles I've read is one where AZ is criticized for not having a CCW law...as if this fellow would have followed such a law.

Bruno
01-11-2011, 02:48 PM
One of the most ridiculous articles I've read is one where AZ is criticized for not having a CCW law...as if this fellow would have followed such a law.

I can see it now...

Crazed maniac - "This morning, on my way to murder some innocent people for no apparent reason, I realized it was against the law to carry the weapon I had, I had no license for it, and the clip I had planned to use had recently been banned. Not wanted to break the law, of course, I went home."

oyarde
01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I can see it now...

Crazed maniac - "This morning, on my way to murder some innocent people for no apparent reason, I realized it was against the law to carry the weapon I had, I had no license for it, and the clip I had planned to use had recently been banned. Not wanted to break the law, of course, I went home."

Yes , you have it , you are now disqualified to serve in Congress .

hazek
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
lol I love ronpaulforums :)

youngbuck
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
"The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly," Lautenberg said in a statement. "These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market. Before 2004, these ammunition clips were banned, and they must be banned again."You would think that somebody so adamant about banning something would at least get their terminology right. As expected, these idiots don't know what they're talking about. There is a distinct difference between a clip and a magazine. I know they're often used interchangeably, but if you're going to ascend to point of outright banning something, you'd think they would know the specifics.

And no, there are many reasons to have a 33-round mag in handgun. Being attacked by multiple aggressors at once, facing opponents with body armor, covering fire so you can retreat, etc.

Noob
01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
They want to make it were your not able to carry a gun with in 1,000 feet of them, even if they just happen to walk near you while your trying to move away from them.

Congressman Pete King to Introduce Gun Safety Bill After Arizona Shooting

Rep. Peter King said Tuesday he plans to introduce a new gun safety bill in Congress in the wake of the mass shooting in Arizona that killed six people and wounded 14 others, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz.

King said his bill would make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within a thousand feet of "certain high-profile" government officials.

"It is imperative that we do all that we can to give law enforcement the tools they need to ensure the safety of New Yorkers and prevent an attack before it happens," King said during an appearance at a Manhattan event with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other officials from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania who discussed ways to prevent another shooting tragedy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/11/congressman-pete-king-introduce-gun-safety-arizona-shooting/#ixzz1Alm6NO4m

oyarde
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
You would think that somebody so adamant about banning something would at least get their terminology right. As expected, these idiots don't know what they're talking about. There is a distinct difference between a clip and a magazine. I know they're often used interchangeably, but if you're going to ascend to point of outright banning something, you'd think they would know the specifics.

And no, there are many reasons to have a 33-round mag in handgun. Being attacked by multiple aggressors at once, facing opponents with body armor, covering fire so you can retreat, etc.

Somebody would just get rich if they were banned. Anyone that wanted one could still purchase it at a very inflated price .

Tinnuhana
01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Distraught, drunk teen, angered by break-up with GF, careens car into crowd of cheerleaders. Let's make a law not allowing a car within 1000ft of pedestrians...no, too general...cheerleaders. Cars are dangerous, esp. cars with more than 1 cylinder.

aGameOfThrones
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Breaking news: U.K blames the writing of Declaration of Independence for the violence between the Colonies and the Crown. LOL.

HealthWyze
01-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I can see it now...

Truly hilarious. Thank you for bringing humor to such an otherwise gloomy topic.

devil21
01-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Just had to point out that the Sen. was talking about the Birther stuff brought up during the reading of the Constitution, not the reading of the Constitution itself.