PDA

View Full Version : The Long Road to CPAC is Paved With Good Intentions.

tribute_13
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey guys. Mike here. I haven't been on in a LONG while. But I'm looking forward to going to CPAC. I'm kinda struggling right now financially, I am waiting for the state to send me my financial aid. I'm in the process of moving, just registered for class and had to foot some of the registration myself since they lost my FAFSA profile. Anywho, I'm hoping I can get some of that RPF Chipin Magic working so I can go to CPAC and help out. It's been a while since I've been online, I know, but I really need to get back into the good fight and I don't want finances to keep me from doing so.

Right now, I'm looking at around $325. Gas calculator gave me a reading of $58 for gas, I budgeted for $65 so I make sure I don't get stranded on the way back. I'm going to try to get that ticket + lodging combo for $214, the remainder will be food, probably extra gas in case I end up doing a lot of driving around D.C. going to and fro. Just wanna be back in NC safe and sound for classes the following Monday.

If you guy can help or let me know the process of going about this I'd appreciate it. Feel free to shoot me a message or reply to this thread. If the thread needs to be moved, you'll hear no objections from me. Love ya guys and gals, can't wait to see all my old RPF buddies in D.C.

http://mikekellycpac.chipin.com/cpac-trip

[UPDATE: FILLED! (chipin hasn't updated)]

malkusm
01-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Bump. I can vouch for Mike. He went to the Rally for the Republic back in 2008 as a 16 year old, hung out at Ronstock, got to meet Ron, marched in a parade with me carrying a huge canvas copy of the Constitution, and is just generally awesome. Plus, I can tell you that putting up this $325 will probably result in more than one vote for Ron, since he's a good guy who will likely convince several others to vote RP if given the opportunity.

If cash wasn't so tight on my end, I'd chip in myself....hopefully my endorsement will suffice. :)

speciallyblend
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Bump. I can vouch for Mike. He went to the Rally for the Republic back in 2008 as a 16 year old, hung out at Ronstock, got to meet Ron, marched in a parade with me carrying a huge canvas copy of the Constitution, and is just generally awesome. Plus, I can tell you that putting up this $325 will probably result in more than one vote for Ron, since he's a good guy who will likely convince several others to vote RP if given the opportunity.

If cash wasn't so tight on my end, I'd chip in myself....hopefully my endorsement will suffice. :)

ahh Ronstock memories:) anywho i get paid on wed and will make sure i donate enough for us both:) please rpf members work your magic get this chipin filled and the one in my sig for yieu;)

speciallyblend
01-11-2011, 07:49 AM
blimpin folks please help this chipin and the one in my sig for yieu!! WE MUST WIN CPAC 2011!!!!!

Thomas
01-11-2011, 08:01 AM
bump!

tribute_13
01-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Bumpify!

liberalnurse
01-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm in on Firday. Hang in there we all donated to the others last week and I know I have to wait to payday.

ronpaulhawaii
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Matt's endorsement works for me. I just put in $20.12, (cause I hate seeing empty chip-ins and had a bit extra in my account from someone who donated less than the amount needed to enter the raffle...) Click the banner link in my sig before buying your ticket if you want a RP2012 button, and to be entered into the raffle ;) Looking forward to seeing you there.

tribute_13
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Thank you so much Mike. Really appreciate it. I actually think I met you at Ronstock.

ronpaulhawaii
01-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Thank you so much Mike. Really appreciate it. I actually think I met you at Ronstock.

No problem, we all do what we can. I notice the chip-in hasn't updated... but have a reciept so am pretty sure you got it. Do yourself a favor and put both the chip-in link, and a link to this thread in your sig...

Kotin
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I will be donating soon when I get payed.. keep these threads coming guys.. We have already maxed out a couple chip-ins so far..

speciallyblend
01-13-2011, 12:00 PM
blimpin

jt8025
01-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Chip-In doesn't seem to be updating. Can you confirm that you have received any money?

Brown Sapper
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Gotcha for $50.00. Good Luck.

tribute_13
01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm receiving payments. I've gotten confirmation emails, I just don't have a bank account linked to Paypal right now. I've never had a paypal account, but the payments are there, just not in an account. I'm opening one up in the morning to rectify this. It should update as soon as I have the account info to link it to. Thank you for all your donations. I can't wait till the Chip-In starts updating and I can see how close I'm getting.

FSP-Rebel
01-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Personally, I'd like to see the chipin working with the up to speed accumulations. I'm in presuming everything is worked out soon.

tribute_13
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm opening a bank account today, it'll be sorted out soon. I've never done a chip in or had anything to do with Paypal so I'm still learning on the fly how to do all this stuff.

speciallyblend
01-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm opening a bank account today, it'll be sorted out soon. I've never done a chip in or had anything to do with Paypal so I'm still learning on the fly how to do all this stuff.

kewl well let us know when you have i fixed. it is fun watching the bar fill up:) plus rpf members need to encourage others that need help to make chipins asap.

speciallyblend
01-15-2011, 06:00 PM
beckin

tribute_13
01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok, I went by the financial aid office earlier today and they told me it could take a couple of weeks for the remainder of my pell to be available for withdrawal in my student account, so it could take a little while before my chip in starts filling up :( But I'm on it. Just waiting on them to send me my monies so I can open an account up.

tribute_13
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Since the chip in isn't updating, I'll update everyone on the payments received. I've raised $80.12 cents. I encourage anybody who wants to go to CPAC but isn't able to because of finances, to make a chip in of their own. :D I literally cannot wait for February to roll around.

Brown Sapper
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
bump

muzzled dogg
01-20-2011, 11:19 AM

waddup lil homie

MegD4Freedom
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Too gangster for RPF.

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 12:11 PM
What is your total now?

Also, I think you would do better to post your chip in in a new thread in the CPAC 11 subforum of Ron Paul 2012 so people can find it easier (with a heading like 'Chip in to send a vote for Ron Paul to CPAC' or something, this heading doesn't get the point across.)

Also, assuming you haven't gotten it all yet, one thing you could do is take your paypal receipts to a bank and ask if you can open an account to link to those to start your account. Mention you have more money coming from your Pell grant etc. , but you want to get the account opened etc. I don't see why you couldn't open an account with those, assuming once you link them the money will go in. OR have you already tried?

In any event, let me know if you have made your total, yet.

JamesButabi
01-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I wanna support as many people as I can to get there. Give me a week or two break from donation and I can chip in for this.

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I need to know if you've filled this up. I'll look for you to put a thread in the CPAC section of the Ron Paul 2012 forum if you haven't, ok?

speciallyblend
01-22-2011, 03:40 PM
the key is to get others going on their chipins to! If your an rpf member and wanting to go to cpac please get your chipins going ASAP like yesterday so rpf members can help you get to cpac2011 Ron Paul 2012!!!

tangent4ronpaul
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?2873-speciallyblend

Umm - could we bribe you to change your avatar, or something?

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?2873-speciallyblend

Umm - could we bribe you to change your avatar, or something?

Maybe someone could add it to their chip in....

"What I need to be able to go is $200 and for speciallyblend to change his avatar....' or something.

But it is better than the one of Matt with his shirt off.

tribute_13
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Alright guys, $105.24, getting close. I think my financial aid money came in as well. So the chip in should be updating in a few days.

MRoCkEd
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Bump!

CaseyJones
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I have met Mike he is a good man and with the adversity he has had in life the more remarkable for it

tribute_13
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks Casey for your endorsement. Good news. Someone just dropped a benji, we're at 205.24. Thanks for your support guys.

sailingaway
01-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks Casey for your endorsement. Good news. Someone just dropped a benji, we're at 205.24. Thanks for your support guys.

That would be this guy: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276484-Point-me-to-a-Chipin-to-donate-to

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
I went to the Rally For the Republic with Mike, we took a RonVoy from Raleigh, and I'll vouch for him too.

Icymudpuppy
01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
You're almost there. One more $25 and he's there, who can fill the last?

sailingaway
01-24-2011, 10:03 AM
You're almost there. One more $25 and he's there, who can fill the last?

I will!

Have fun!

--
It still isn't updating -- could you please confirm that you now have the entire amount? We want to keep track of unfilled chip ins!

MRoCkEd
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Another one down!

tribute_13
01-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Alright everybody that puts me at the full amount!!!! Wow. I was NOT expecting this to fill so quickly. I'll open an account today at Wachovia I guess just so you guys can enjoy the fruits of your generosity. Wachovia doesn't require a minimum deposit to open an account. Once again the current total for the chipin is $325.24. See you guys there!!!

Bergie Bergeron
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Use Collins as the promo code ;)

tribute_13
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Ok, chip in is updated and rolling. Now view it and stare in amazement as tears of joy well up in your tear ducts. :D

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Bump

speciallyblend
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok, chip in is updated and rolling. Now view it and stare in amazement as tears of joy well up in your tear ducts. :D

nice:) look forward to meeting you again mike. I figured out the club thing? i will just tell them your my kid:) haha

tribute_13
02-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Alright. Update. Car broke down. Had to spend $40 on a new timing belt, and $200 in labor costs, the timing belt busted throwing the cams out of alignment. Also had to buy new spark plugs and oil treatment among various other items I was instructed to buy. I've been waiting on my pell check to come in this week. But I don't have faith in the state to get it to me when they say they are. Because it was supposed to be in last week, and the week before, and the week before. So I don't know what to do. So yeah, I'm boned. If I can't make it to CPAC, I will gladly return the donations on the 17th to everyone who helped me out.

speciallyblend
02-03-2011, 02:03 PM
mike make a new thread with new info ok! then i can add that thread to a emergency link on my chipin thread ok no need ot have this old thread anymore k thanks kenny ps have you spoke to glan bradley yet??? that will help alot:)

tribute_13
02-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Kenny I decided best thing to do right now is pay these people back their money. This is starting to put a strain on my timeline for moving out. It's just not something I'm in the financial situation right now for. I'm sorry guys, I don't mean to do this to you guys, I appreciate your efforts, it just not something I can take on right now. The full $325 will be paid back to each and individual donor on the 17th of February. So two weeks. I don't want to disappoint with this decision I'm just trying to make the responsible choice.