PDA

View Full Version : Chip in for the UCLA Daily Bruin advertisement!

madcat033
10-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey guys, I set up a chip in to collect donations for a full page ad in UCLA's Daily Bruin. You can see the details here:

http://ronpaulucla.chipin.com/ron-paul-ad-in-the-daily-bruin-full-page-color

Basically, I got a really discounted price to put an ad in the Daily Bruin (thanks to someone in the meetup group with connections to the ad department). I'm going to couple this with a campus-wide chalking a couple days before, and then write an editorial a couple days after. All 40,000+ students and staff will be talking about Ron Paul. Let's do this!

I've also submitted it to digg. You can digg it if you want here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Help_contribute_to_get_Ron_Paul_a_full_page_ad_in_ UCLA_s_Daily_Bruin

I'm not expecting it to get to the front page... I just wanted to put it there in case any Diggers will donate.

Thanks guys!

madcat033
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh, and so far I've had over $600 pledged, and a few others who said they would donate but didn't specify an amount. So assuming these people follow through on their pledge, we are already halfway there!

madcat033
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Bump! Let's keep the momentum going on both sides of the country! Help me make Ron Paul popular in Los Angeles! We have a ton of potential supporters!

And we don't need that much more money to reach the full page mark.

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I am willing to donate but I would like to know what you intend to put in the advertisement.

Do you have an example or ?

madcat033
10-22-2007, 12:59 AM
I am willing to donate but I would like to know what you intend to put in the advertisement.

Do you have an example or ?

Well, I actually got an email from a graphic designer willing to design the ad for us! He is part of the los angeles meetup.

What I have in mind is, something that gets his name out there but also lists a few key points that will be able to draw college students interest. I am thinking we should mention his anti-war stance, his protection of civil liberties (no patriot act), his desire to balance the budget, reduce the debt, et cetera. I don't think we should mention lowering taxes or getting rid of the IRS, since college students don't pay very much taxes anyways and they are mostly liberal so clearly they don't care about high taxes.

Basically, college students will like PEACE FREEDOM AND PROSPERITY!

I am also going to chalk the campus before the ad runs, and then write an editorial in the paper after the ad runs. I'll be able to better explain his positions and educate the 40,000+ students and staff about Ron Paul's message.

But anyways, if you have any suggestions for the ad, help would be much appreciated. I think some Ron Paul quotes would be very helpful as well. Any suggestions?

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 01:28 AM
I am with you on this and tossed around he idea of advertising in the UCLA bruin, as I went there years back... but the cost didn't justify it. But since you are getting a deal, its could be good.

I know that people are more motivated to donate to something that is already created. If you have an ad that looks fantastic, people will donate. If you don't have nothing but a good idea, its a harder sell.

Hamadeh put out something really cool the other day as an example of the constitution with the "we the people" crossed out and different thing ON the constitution etc...

there is currently a few ads already available and ready for modification.
1. mosaic
2. founding fathers
3. ames issue ad

see "xar's treasure chest in the materials section - sticky" for some examples...

Of course, if you come up with something new.. that would be great.. but show us.

but my point is.. if you "have" the ad, that will move you much more towards your goal. It shows that you have the product and are serious about what you are doing and the only slowup is the donations... just an fyi.

when you have the ad, let me know. I'd like to see it and I'd be in for a few hundred.