PDA

View Full Version : Rand will speak at CPAC!

Matt Collins
01-10-2011, 01:02 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

3:45pm on Thursday.

Ron Paul is 3:30pm on Friday.

JohnEngland
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Hurray!

Sola_Fide
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow.

That's awesome.

Bruno
01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
This is great news, but part of me hopes he will not be on the CPAC ballot, since that will split the vote.

Sola_Fide
01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
I hope Gary Johnson isn't at CPAC either.

jct74
01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Thursday, February 10
3:45pm-4:15pm Rand Paul Formal Speech Marriott Ballroom
Come here Senator Rand Paul's official speech to thousands of attendees of the conference.

Thanks for the update The Collins. I knew Rand wasn't going to turn that down, he isn't exactly the shy type.

speciallyblend
01-10-2011, 01:58 PM
sob now i have to get an earlier flight out so i can arrive early thursday!! sigh

sailingaway
01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
This is great news, but part of me hopes he will not be on the CPAC ballot, since that will split the vote.

If I'm remembering right, there was a first choice, second choice, and they tabulate them separately. If that is so, Ron could be first choice and Rand second....

Bruno
01-10-2011, 03:41 PM
If I'm remembering right, there was a first choice, second choice, and they tabulate them separately. If that is so, Ron could be first choice and Rand second....

That's good to hear, thanks!

Galileo Galilei
01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I hope Gary Johnson isn't at CPAC either.

He is and that's good for on Paul. Johnson will pull in more liberty voters most of whom will end up voting for a Ron Paul. With Johnson, along with Rand, that will make Ron appear more moderate to some voters.

Galileo Galilei
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM

I doubt Rand will be on the ballot. He will certainly ask his name not be included as he has no presidential intentions this election cycle.

sailingaway
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
He is and that's good for on Paul. Johnson will pull in more liberty voters most of whom will end up voting for a Ron Paul. With Johnson, along with Rand, that will make Ron appear more moderate to some voters.

Do you really think Johnson will pull in even one person who wouldn't already have been there for Ron?

torchbearer
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Do you really think Johnson will pull in even one person who wouldn't already have been there for Ron?

good point.
i had thought having several people in the debate making the case for liberty would be good, but when it comes to delegates and votes, it won't be good.

Brett85
01-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Why hasn't this been updated here?

http://www.conservative.org/cpac/

sailingaway
01-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Why hasn't this been updated here?

http://www.conservative.org/cpac/

Probably for the same reason it still says 'Sen. ELECT Rand Paul....' has been invited....

Galileo Galilei
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM

Yes, because the Republican Liberty Caucus is going on at exactly the same time in Arlington Virginia and Johnson is the keynote e speaker. So the people over there need only come over to CPAC to vote.

Also, Johnson has been out basically campaigning for a year now, I'm certain he has some voters lined up. His presence will be great for Ron Paul because Johnson can pick up most of the 2nd place vote, and make all the others look bad.

The presence of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Tom Woods, and Gary Johnson makes CPAC a blockbuster event for anyone who desires American Liberty!

sailingaway
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, because the Republican Liberty Caucus is going on at exactly the same time in Arlington Virginia and Johnson is the keynote e speaker. So the people over there need only come over to CPAC to vote.

Also, Johnson has been out basically campaigning for a year now, I'm certain he has some voters lined up. His presence will be great for Ron Paul because Johnson can pick up most of the 2nd place vote, and make all the others look bad.

The presence of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Tom Woods, and Gary Johnson makes CPAC a blockbuster event for anyone who desires American Liberty!

Last year at the SRLC Johnson was on the ballot. Ron was one vote away from winning, Johnson got 1% of the first ballot and 6% of the second choice ballot. If Rand is on the ballot, I'm pretty sure he'll come in far ahead of Johnson.

speciallyblend
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
warning rand paul now,clarify the medical marijuana issue and if you try to bs on marijuana. I will be the loudest booooo in the crowd!!

just giving a heads up and if anyone has a problem with that they can fuse 14 of their vertebrae and take morphine on a daily basis on top of other pharm drugs and then they can say something about it!!!!

Brett85
01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
warning rand paul now,clarify the medical marijuana issue and if you try to bs on marijuana. I will be the loudest booooo in the crowd!!

just giving a heads up and if anyone has a problem with that they can fuse 14 of their vertebrae and take morphine on a daily basis on top of other pharm drugs and then they can say something about it!!!!

He'll vote against federal marijuana laws. That's all that matters.

speciallyblend
01-12-2011, 08:59 PM
He'll vote against federal marijuana laws. That's all that matters.

I hear ya but not for me! He might be a us senator but to me common sense is common sense especially for a pharm doctor!! If he is against the fed marijuana. Then he should be against 75 yrs of fed/state lies as well as fed. I do not buy the fed state argument. That is just away for politicians with no balls to hide behond 75 yrs of lies.!!

this all bites close to home when my wife has to take the long list of drugs to just feel kinda like us but never normal!!

HazyHusky420
01-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Can't wait for more insane articles like this!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kincaid/cliff438.htm

Brett85
01-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Can't wait for more insane articles like this!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kincaid/cliff438.htm

What a ridiculous article. This guy probably believes that big spending George W. Bush was a great President as well. What a joke.

Galileo Galilei
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Last year at the SRLC Johnson was on the ballot. Ron was one vote away from winning, Johnson got 1% of the first ballot and 6% of the second choice ballot. If Rand is on the ballot, I'm pretty sure he'll come in far ahead of Johnson.

I agree that Rand would blow Johnson out of the water, but I doubt he would want to be on the ballot. A friend of mine was at the SRLC with twp other friends, and they missed the voting. They were in a different room when the voting got cut off early.