PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Name ID: 73%; 21% view Paul "strongly favorable" and 3% "strongly unfavorable"

RonPaulFanInGA
01-10-2011, 06:20 AM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145508/Within-GOP-Huckabee-Liked-Palin-Best-Known.aspx

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/pob5sthegecvnc8cksusgq.gif

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/kz7rn28-yug-olodl1x2dg.gif

Paul's +18 net favorability (21% to 3%) is middle of the pack at least. I thought the neocons accounted for more than 3%.

jtstellar
01-10-2011, 06:25 AM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/145508/Within-GOP-Huckabee-Liked-Palin-Best-Known.aspx

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/pob5sthegecvnc8cksusgq.gif

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/kz7rn28-yug-olodl1x2dg.gif

Paul's +18 net favorability (21% to 3%) is middle of the pack at least. I thought the neocons accounted for more than 3%.

and REMEMBER, ron paul is likely the one with the least negatives from the left on that list of "conservatives".

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Wonderful news!

-t

MRoCkEd
01-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Not a bad place to start!

TonySutton
01-10-2011, 08:55 AM
How often do you see a US State Representative, who is not Speaker or Minority Leader, with name recognition this high? I am extremely happy with these numbers.

Slutter McGee
01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
At least with 73% name recognition, we dont have to go around asking WHO IS RON PAUL? all the time.

Slutter McGee

jtstellar
01-10-2011, 09:07 AM
he has a good chance with 73% recognition and least negatives compared to other conservatives get from the left.. he just needs to get past the primaries. or perhaps a third party run with 73% recognition.. if getting on the ballot isn't a problem.

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2011, 09:09 AM
At least with 73% name recognition, we dont have to go around asking WHO IS RON PAUL? all the time.

Slutter McGee

As long as they didn't survey a bunch of ESPN fans that got confused...

:D

-t

RonPaulFanInGA
01-10-2011, 09:19 AM
What's going on with Gary Johnson though? Hardly anyone knows him (14%) and yet more people view him strongly unfavorable than Ron Paul or even Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney.

Slutter McGee
01-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I was hoping for info on straight up favorable vs unfavorable minus the strongly.

Slutter McGee

Jeremy
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Wow, Palin has no chance.

Matt Collins
01-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Great numbers.

Guess what?

I heard, that Ron had been on TV more than any member of Congress in the last year. In fact I had heard that he had been interviewed more than the President has. I haven't fact checked it, but I believe it to be true. He is very accessible to the media.

Epic
01-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I gots the super-inside info they just don't release to the public!

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/oyu6gazb8eyk52txrcswyg.gif

Epic
01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Raw data:

Palin: 73/22
Huckabee: 70/9
Gingrich: 63/15
Romney: 64/14
Paul: 50/14

specsaregood
01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I gots the super-inside info they just don't release to the public!
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/oyu6gazb8eyk52txrcswyg.gif

You mean, the public that doesn't bother to read page 2 of the article. :)

So, uhm does this officially make Dr. Paul part of the "Top Tier"?

SamuraisWisdom
01-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Still have a way to go in the name recognition department, but it won't be nearly as difficult as last time. Plus, all of those numbers will change once the first couple of debates are held.

Epic
01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, definitely. His name recognition is there, and his favorables only trail by a little.

It's basically an outrageously good result for RP. I remember PPP just found his favorables at 41/28 among a similar cohort, so this poll is a coup.

Remember that RP will dominate among democrat-leaning independents and democrats that end up voting in republican primaries.

specsaregood
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Remember that RP will dominate among democrat-leaning independents and democrats that end up voting in republican primaries.

If there is not real democrat primary challenger, then we really need to work on outreach to get the liberals of whom civil liberties are their #1 issue to reregister and support Dr. Paul.

driller80545
01-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Looks like ol duhkabee is the man to beat this time around.

sailingaway
01-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I was just going to post this. I note that he has higher favorables with independents than Republicans, from PPP polling and Rasmussen polling -- something none of the others I've seen polled have. How do we let independents know THEIR choice might win -- but only if they register Republican?

This only rates him amongst Republicans.

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Raw data:

Palin: 73/22
Huckabee: 70/9
Gingrich: 63/15
Romney: 64/14
Paul: 50/14

Huckabee: 61
Palin: 51
Romney: 50
Gingritch: 48
Paul: 36

Have no fear, I'm sure they will limit the "Top Tier" to the top 4, or candidates with at least a 60% favorable rating.

-t

AJ Antimony
01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
.. if getting on the ballot isn't a problem.
It's always a problem unless the candidate is a billionaire.

AJ Antimony
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
What's going on with Gary Johnson though? Hardly anyone knows him (14%) and yet more people view him strongly unfavorable than Ron Paul or even Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney.
Of those who know who he is, they probably only know that he's pro-choice and pro-pot... definitely not typical Republican stances

Kotin
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Still can't figure out why Gary Johnson says Ron Paul's percentage doesn't cut it when he is consistently much lower...

AJ Antimony
01-10-2011, 02:16 PM
If there is not real democrat primary challenger, then we really need to work on outreach to get the liberals of whom civil liberties are their #1 issue to reregister and support Dr. Paul.

So you think it's worth our time trying to talk to liberals, who have been Democrats all their lives, who have never voted Republican before, to all of a sudden switch parties and vote in the Republican primary? This is how Ron Paul gets 1% again.

The better, more logical strategy is to focus on, believe it or not, likely Republican primary voters.

Your idea: Talk to liberal, convince him to vote for a conservative, convince him to register Republican, convince him to vote Ron Paul on election day
My idea: Talk to conservative, he's already going to vote conservative, already registered Republican, already going to vote on election day. All that's left to do is convince him to vote Ron Paul.

What sounds easier?

Feeding the Abscess
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
So you think it's worth our time trying to talk to liberals, who have been Democrats all their lives, who have never voted Republican before, to all of a sudden switch parties and vote in the Republican primary? This is how Ron Paul gets 1% again.

The better, more logical strategy is to focus on, believe it or not, likely Republican primary voters.

Your idea: Talk to liberal, convince him to vote for a conservative, convince him to register Republican, convince him to vote Ron Paul on election day
My idea: Talk to conservative, he's already going to vote conservative, already registered Republican, already going to vote on election day. All that's left to do is convince him to vote Ron Paul.

What sounds easier?

My idea: candidate continues doing what he's been doing, official campaign works within the Republican party, the grassroots uses his libertarian positions to grab liberals.

There, contributions from all angles.

trey4sports
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
wow, I'm pleasantly surprised by these numbers. He may not have full name ID but 73% is incredibly good compared to last time around, and he has pretty decent numbers w/conservatives

Vessol
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM

What sounds easier?

The majority of Americans are registered independents. There are liberals and conservatives in this margin, I think it can be easy to bring them both to the table in 2012. Don't just write off converting liberals, I'm an ex-liberal myself.

Ron Paul's anti-war rhetoric is what drew me into the liberty movement and from there on I only expanded into fiscal conservatism, ect. I know a large amount of forum members here went through the same process. Don't just wave off converting liberals.

low preference guy
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM

I watched CNN this morning and they mentioned Ron Paul among the big names. Later they mentioned that Pawlenty and others don't have as much support.

Thomas
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Still can't figure out why Gary Johnson says Ron Paul's percentage doesn't cut it when he is consistently much lower...

probably b/c he's just promoting himself...

TheTyke
01-10-2011, 04:07 PM
I watched CNN this morning and they mentioned Ron Paul among the big names. Later they mentioned that Pawlenty and others don't have as much support.

Wow. :O That's pretty cool! We've made progress indeed. Now let's hear about it on FOX...

Hear hear! The primary is the tough part, let's win!

AJ Antimony
01-10-2011, 04:09 PM
The majority of Americans are registered independents. There are liberals and conservatives in this margin, I think it can be easy to bring them both to the table in 2012. Don't just write off converting liberals, I'm an ex-liberal myself.

Ron Paul's anti-war rhetoric is what drew me into the liberty movement and from there on I only expanded into fiscal conservatism, ect. I know a large amount of forum members here went through the same process. Don't just wave off converting liberals.
Remember, we are talking about a Republican presidential primary here. Many states require that you have to be registered Republican to vote in its presidential primary. So, it really doesn't matter what party the 'majority' of Americans are registered for. All we are concerned about are likely Republican presidential primary voters. And like it or not, the vast majority of them are registered Republicans and they control who wins or loses the primary. Therefore, it's utterly stupid to focus campaign outreach on a bunch of liberals who don't want to vote Republican.

You say "Ron Paul's anti-war rhetoric" is what drew you to the liberty movement. Yeah it was his rhetoric, not campaign volunteers.

If the goal is to win the Republican presidential primary, then the best campaign strategy is to focus on likely Republican presidential primary voters, not the 20 liberals you could actually talk into registering Republican and then voting Ron Paul in the primary election.

Feeding the Abscess
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Remember, we are talking about a Republican presidential primary here. Many states require that you have to be registered Republican to vote in its presidential primary. So, it really doesn't matter what party the 'majority' of Americans are registered for. All we are concerned about are likely Republican presidential primary voters. And like it or not, the vast majority of them are registered Republicans and they control who wins or loses the primary. Therefore, it's utterly stupid to focus campaign outreach on a bunch of liberals who don't want to vote Republican.

You say "Ron Paul's anti-war rhetoric" is what drew you to the liberty movement. Yeah it was his rhetoric, not campaign volunteers.

If the goal is to win the Republican presidential primary, then the best campaign strategy is to focus on likely Republican presidential primary voters, not the 20 liberals you could actually talk into registering Republican and then voting Ron Paul in the primary election.

My idea: candidate continues doing what he's been doing, official campaign works within the Republican party, the grassroots uses his libertarian positions to grab liberals.

There, contributions from all angles.

From my earlier post. In this thread.

GunnyFreedom
01-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Slutter McGee

+Rep :)

Anti Federalist
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Slutter McGee

New banner slogan:

You KNOW who Ron Paul is.

GunnyFreedom
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM

+Rep

Truth. You want to win a primary victory, you focus on likely primary voters. Whatever they may be in your State. You want to win in the General, you focus on likely General Election voters. There will always be some few who refuse to walk on 'trodden ground' and that's OK too. The more of those you have the more of a future your movement has.

But yeah, if you want to actually win an election, you focus on voters who are already likely to vote in that election. You do what works. That works.

Tinnuhana
01-10-2011, 04:41 PM
If you extrapolate Ron's rating to 100% recognition, he'd have 23 Very Favorable, 55 Favorable, 19 Unfavorable and 3 Very Unfavorable. That would give him a 78% favorable rating. Wait till the fed oversite kicks in, with Bernanke having to answer for it in the subcommittee.

jtstellar
01-11-2011, 11:33 AM

hm he said that?