PDA

View Full Version : Got a push poll from Chris Christie

jmdrake
01-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Question 1: If it were between Obama and Christie would you vote for Christie? (No)
Question 2: Would you vote for Obama? (No)
Question 3: Do you consider yourself a supporter of the tea party? (Yes)
Question 4: Do you consider yourself a republican? (No)
Question 5: Do you consider yourself a democrat? (No)

There were various other questions about abortion, taxes, Obamacare etc. No questions were asked about any other candidates. If there were any doubts about whether or not he's running....

college4life
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM
I think some of the big boys might be seeing how he might be as a potential VP.

cindy25
01-10-2011, 04:40 AM
trial balloon for presidential run.

MRoCkEd
01-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Did it say paid for by Christie, or are you assuming he did it because it had his name?

Slutter McGee
01-10-2011, 09:25 AM
most likely another group trying to judge support, to see if they could encourage him to run. Doubt this is actually his poll.

Slutter McGee

Brett85
01-10-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't think that Christie is quite as conservative as people think he is. He's a gun grabber from what I've heard.

Matt Collins
01-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Him or Rubio as VP is what TPTB are looking for is my guess.

sailingaway
01-10-2011, 10:25 AM
How is that a push poll? I thought that was where they say things like 'don't you agree what Rand Paul said about [this] is a terrible horrible thing?" Then ask 'would you vote for Rand Paul?", at least that is how they seemed to be framed over the recent election.....

Slutter McGee
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't think that Christie is quite as conservative as people think he is. He's a gun grabber from what I've heard.

I think what people like about him is that he is the only Gov. that is actually trying to take a fiscal coservative stance, and telling the unions to screw off.

I don't think he should get our support because of stances on other issues, but he deserves my respect for actually trying hard to walk the walk after so much talk before his election.

Slutter McGee

jmdrake
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
How is that a push poll? I thought that was where they say things like 'don't you agree what Rand Paul said about [this] is a terrible horrible thing?" Then ask 'would you vote for Rand Paul?", at least that is how they seemed to be framed over the recent election.....

While Wikipedia isn't a perfect reference, I agree with this definition posted there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll
A push poll is a political campaign technique in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll.

A push poll doesn't have to be a smear. In this case the poll was slanted to pose Christie as being the candidate to oppose Obama on Obamacare, abortion ect.

jmdrake
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Did it say paid for by Christie, or are you assuming he did it because it had his name?

It didn't say who paid for it. Maybe he didn't request it directly, but it was clearly done on his behalf by someone supporting him.

runningdiz
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
It didn't say who paid for it. Maybe he didn't request it directly, but it was clearly done on his behalf by someone supporting him.

That is an assumption as well. Some media outlet could have requested it to see how chris christie would stack up against obama in the general election. They did that with Ron Paul. Just gives them something to talk about.

itshappening
01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Doing it as Gov and doing it as president are completely different but the people will fall for it again

Bush looked good as a governor didn't he? But when the bought off go higher up they become worse using their lower level achievements to get them there as they lust for power