PDA

View Full Version : GA - Lawmakers may monitor use of medications

Anti Federalist
01-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Lawmakers may monitor use of medications

http://daltondailycitizen.com/local/x419261208/Lawmakers-may-monitor-use-of-medications

The General Assembly may be taking a look in your medicine chest.

Rep. Tom Weldon, R-Ringgold, said Thursday he will introduce legislation this year to battle “pill mills.”

“We don’t have a searchable database that sheriffs and law enforcement can go in and see who has been buying meth products and who has been buying an excessive amount of pills,” Weldon said at the Dalton-Whitfield Chamber of Commerce’s Good Morning Dalton breakfast.

“We’ve got a problem going up and down I-75, and our kids are being exposed to a lot of pharmaceutical drugs. We need to limit that,” Weldon said.

He said the database would include the names of those who buy over-the-counter medications that can be used to make methamphetamine as well as those who buy prescription drugs.

FSP-Rebel
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM
-kids- I get it now

amy31416
01-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah...this can't possibly harm people who are in constant pain and need narcotics or other drugs to be functional.

Aside from the many, many other issues doctors being forced to make people suffer is near the top of my list of the horrors of the drug war.

QueenB4Liberty
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
I thought they already had a database to monitor who buys those drugs. They already require your ID to buy medicine with certain meth making ingredients.

Anti Federalist
01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Timely bump