PDA

View Full Version : High dividend paying commodity stocks

Lafayette
01-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm looking for some high dividend paying commodity stocks.

I owned a few shares of ERF, but they have announced they are becoming a corporation and cutting back their payments, so im looking for something new.

Any ideas?

cubical
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM
the canadian oil and gas companies are still pretty good. PVX PGH and PWE all have a DRIP that offers a discount for reinvesting. COP, LINE, RDS.b are some others. Personally though I think now is not the time to buy and you will be able to buy for cheaper in the next few months.

cubical
01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I should mention, like ERF, those 3 Canadian energy stocks will be cutting their dividends.

libertybrewcity
01-09-2011, 09:10 PM
gdxj

cubical
01-09-2011, 09:43 PM
gdxj

while they did pay a big dividend, it wasn't from the stocks in their holdings that pay dividends. Gold miners typically don't pay big dividends.

freshjiva
01-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Great thread. I own several high dividend stocks that are involved in commodities:

1) Kinder Morgan Energy: my personal favorite, they are heavily involved in natural gas. They've consistently raised their dividend over the past 15 years, never cutting it even once. Current yield: 6.28

2) Cheniere Energy Partners: ticker CQP, they're a small company that owns the Sabine Pass, a terminal in Louisiana that transports liquefied natural gas. They've been consistent in their dividend payments since inception about 3 years ago. Current yield: 7.69%

3) Ferrelgas Partners: ticker FGP, they're a longtime propane producer. Have been consistently paying dividends since 1997. Current yield: 7.62%.

4) Enterprise Products: ticker EPD, they're a massively diversified natural gas producer, involved in ethane, butane, propane, and others. Current yield: 5.54%

Those are among my favorites. Others I like are CPNO (6.79% yield), PGN (5.55% yield), and PVX (8.85% yield).

Dforkus
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
I've got 100 shares each of KMP and ETP in my lil' online trading account. They've done well as far as price appreciation is concerned, and between the two of them send me a check for 200$ every three months.