PDA

View Full Version : Father Of 9 Year Old Murder Victim In Tucson Does Not Want Restrictions Of Freedoms!

Immortal Technique
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj47lB1a-0Y

Airing Date Jan.09, 2011

Father Of 9 Year Old Murder Victim In Tucson Does Not Want Restrictions Of Freedoms Because Of Incident.

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Good for him to say so. I am guessing, based on her track record, that Giffords would be horrified if gun restrictions somehow arose out of this incident, too.

TastyWheat
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, thank you! Not another law in someone else's name.

ctiger2
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Good to hear. What a tragedy for him...

Anti Federalist
01-09-2011, 06:21 PM
That man is an oak.

Golding
01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
That man is an oak.Agreed. Temptation is plentiful when it comes to personal tragedy, and politicians are eager to bribe immortality of your loved one's name on freedom-limiting legislation that they promise to herald as a "landmark". To stand by your principles when jolted by something like this is a complete strength of character. If only there were more who could do that.

BenIsForRon
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
"If this young man had friends and family around him, then maybe this wouldn't have happened".

He's right, that's the only thing to take away from this. If you see a friend or family member that's struggling, step in and give them some help.

reduen
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
That man is an oak.

+1

reduen
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Anyone know how to get in touch with this man/family? RonPaulForums members need to step up to the plate on this one....

We can't give this man his baby back but we can send him our prayers and best wishes.....! :)

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Anyone know how to get in touch with this man/family? RonPaulForums members need to step up to the plate on this one....

He has enough on his plate to deal with right now.

reduen
01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
He has enough on his plate to deal with right now.

Not sure what you think that I am suggesting but I see nothing but good that can come from us reaching out as a group of liberty lovers and wishing the man well...

BenIsForRon
01-09-2011, 06:56 PM
He said he wants prayers, not letters, emails, or flowers.

hazek
01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
What a man of character. He has my utmost respect.

reduen
01-09-2011, 07:05 PM

My wife and I said that very same thing when we lost our baby years ago but we sure did appreciate those who didn't listen to us... Just an idea.....

Also, I put my money where my mouth is and would not mind one bit to add a little something to help with expenses at a time like this....

angelatc
01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
My wife and I said that very same thing when we lost our baby years ago but we sure did appreciate those who didn't listen to us... Just an idea.....

Also, I put my money where my mouth is and would not mind one bit to add a little something to help with expenses at a time like this....

I think it's really sweet, but you have to be careful. If reaching out on behalf of a group is perceived to be a cheap political stunt, it will not go well. I also think that there is some pro football money in the family.

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Not sure what you think that I am suggesting but I see nothing but good that can come from us reaching out as a group of liberty lovers and wishing the man well...

It can hurt and piss them off.

Because of this.

hazek
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Full interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USnKopva2_E

Heimdallr
01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh my God.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING!

Vessol
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
They are already trying to politicize this incident as another call to ban firearms? I'm not surprised at all..

Oh my God.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING!

I think it's sick that he even has to say this to begin with.

Heimdallr
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
They are already trying to politicize this incident as another call to ban firearms? I'm not surprised at all..

I think it's sick that he even has to say this to begin with.

Absolutely. I'm just saying that I hold people that stick to their principles, even in time of crisis or heightened emotion, in my utmost respect. There is very little that could earn my respect more than what this guy just did. That shows true character.

reduen
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
It can hurt and piss them off.

Because of this.

I suppose that anything is possible but I highly doubt it....

I have put the idea out there and I guess the thing to do now is to wait and see what a majority of people think about it.... Thanks for your input.

amy31416
01-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I suppose that anything is possible but I highly doubt it....

I have put the idea out there and I guess the thing to do now is to wait and see what a majority of people think about it.... Thanks for your input.

As an individual, I think it's a great idea, especially as a donation to some sort of cause--watch for the obituary.

As a group, it could seem contrived, as though we're rewarding him for good behavior--aka, behavior we agree with--and that's the root of the sympathy. It's possible he could be offended by that. Politicizing this in any way would be low, and we are a political group.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
What a man of character. He has my utmost respect.

aye

QueenB4Liberty
01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm glad he's saying this, but I feel his wishes will be disrespected and new laws will come out of this anyhow.

hugolp
01-10-2011, 12:54 AM
My condolences and repect for this man.

Pericles
01-10-2011, 11:39 AM
That man is an oak.
Indeed - the real patriot is committed to freedom especially when it hurts to be a patriot.

RoyalShock
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
I have a friend who has lost two immediate family members (father and sister, separate incidents) to premature death, so I value his opinion on these matters. He said the first couple of weeks they received a lot of support, which was appreciated. After that period, life settled down and the pain really set in. But everyone else moved on and the emotional support waned even though it was still very much needed.

Just a thought when considering the timing of a gesture of kindness.

puppetmaster
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Indeed - the real patriot is committed to freedom especially when it hurts to be a patriot.

this is true...but it is lost in America. We are the land of "sure I can help as long as it doesn't interfere with my TV time."

RideTheDirt
01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
double post

RideTheDirt
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I have a huge amount of respect for this man.
poor girl
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8603/12597961935vrqx5.jpg

klamath
01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Utmost respect for this man and his family. Very moving. RIP young lady.

Tinnuhana
01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
There's a website called something like "Caring Bridge" where people set up pages for very ill children. That might be a good place to set something up where anyone could go and write condolences.
I thought maybe locally people could organize "Hugged my child today" eLetters. Since he talked about support from family and friends, that might mean a lot to him, that people were taking extra time with their kids in his daughter's memory. This might take a little time, which would put it in the framework mentioned of the reality of the loss setting in after a couple of weeks.