PDA

View Full Version : Will the Media Demonize the Right w the Gifford Incident & Take us Back to the Stoneages?

dannno
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Or at least put in their best effort?

See Poll.

cindy25
01-09-2011, 01:47 AM
they already are

silverhandorder
01-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Blow over.

Maximus
01-09-2011, 02:00 AM
They will play it up alittle, its not going to explode to defcon5 because he wasn't a raging tea partier but a schizo.

silverhandorder
01-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Besides so much shit that happened like this and nothing came of it that I think the news alone are not able to push such things over the edge. There environment plays a bigger role but is much harder to predict.

Anyways my examples of similar events would be crashing planes in buildings and museum shootings "connected" to the right.

Vessol
01-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Mix of 1&2.

hazek
01-09-2011, 02:22 AM
From what I read he seems to be a left wing nut so I clicked "blow over".

Stary Hickory
01-09-2011, 02:34 AM
They will try...it wont work. Think it will be obvious what they are up to as usual. Trying to smear innocent people with some murder is not good journalism nor is it moral. Of course we know these things don't worry MSM, still people have their number already.

It will pass really.

dannno
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
bump

Brett85
01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
The media will play it up for about a week, and then it will blow over.

eOs
01-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I think congress will attempt stricter gun control laws

TortoiseDream
01-09-2011, 03:13 PM
It's issues like these that really make me see how retarded politics can be. Several people have been killed, and what is the first thing on so many people's minds? "It's Sarah Palin's fault! Your team is evil! Glenn Beck is evil! Fox News sucks!" Now granted, Sarah Palin's diagram with cross-hairs is retarded and disturbing, and Beck and Fox are not allies of peace by any measure. But who gives a shit? All people can do right now is take advantage of a tragedy just to boost their own egos and play "I told you so"?

My team, your team, most retarded thing ever. I'm not good at expressing this, just needed to rant.

HazyHusky420
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Left and right don't exist

You have people who believe in freedom.

People who believe and certain freedoms but oppose others (left & right)

and you have those who believe in no freedoms

Golding
01-09-2011, 04:24 PM
"Will they"?

They did so in the report accompanying the breaking news.

StilesBC
01-09-2011, 04:28 PM
What do you mean by "us"? I certainly don't identify with "the right" anymore than I do with "the left." Libertarians don't advocate the use of force under any circumstance. How could this possibly affect libertarians negatively?

HazyHusky420
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
What do you mean by "us"? I certainly don't identify with "the right" anymore than I do with "the left." Libertarians don't advocate the use of force under any circumstance. How could this possibly affect libertarians negatively?

Because of media brainwashing and certain "small government" rhetoric people think libertarians and conservatives are the same.

As much as I dislike any type of political spectrum I still find this video educational for those who think there is only two sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAiYlaGxyV0

klamath
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
The news and liberals are over pushing the political and it will backfire on them. After that they will back off and it will blow over. There might be some laws or something to try a protect congress people more though.

sailingaway
01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Didn't vote, but from a classmate of the shooter's twitter, it seems like he was leftist, not from the political right: http://twitter.com/caitieparker

This is a circus. Good Morning America just called me.
1:59 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone

@antderosa it's loughner just checked my year book.
1:59 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

@lakarune I haven't seen him since '07. Then, he was left wing.
1:34 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to lakarune

@noboa more left. I haven't seen him since '07 though. He became very reclusive.
1:32 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to noboa

@antderosa he had a lot of friends until he got alcohol poisoning in '06, & dropped out of school. Mainly loner very philosophical.
1:30 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

@antderosa As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy.
1:26 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

@antderosa he was a pot head & into rock like Hendrix,The Doors, Anti-Flag. I haven't seen him in person since '07 in a sign language class
1:24 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

@antderosa He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in '07, asked her a question & he told me she was "stupid & unintelligent"
1:22 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

@antderosa I can. That is him.
1:20 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

@antderosa I went to high school, college, & was in a band with the gunman. This tragedy has just turned to horrific.
1:16 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa

Official I went to high school & college, & was in a band w/ the gunman. I can't even fathom this right now.
1:06 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone

Saying Jared Laughner was the gunman. Really hoping that's not the same guy I went to HS with, really good friend. Freaking out right now!!!
12:55 PM Jan 8th via Twitter for iPhone

Depressed Liberator
01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
He did talk about gold standard stuff though. Not exactly leftist.

specsaregood
01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Libertarians don't advocate the use of force under any circumstance. How could this possibly affect libertarians negatively?
I didn't realize you had to be a pacifist to be a Libertarian. So if you are a Libertarian and I walk up and punch you in the face you'll just smile and say "thank you sir!"?

sailingaway
01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
He did talk about gold standard stuff though. Not exactly leftist.

My understanding is he was saying he shouldn't have to repay a debt since only gold and silver can be legal tender which sounds more to me like trying to dodge creditors with any excuse than being attracted 'to the gold standard'.

Aratus
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
2&3

expect
debate
questions

YumYum
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Watch the video down the page of this article titled "Gabrielle Giffords Talks about Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs Map in a Previous Interview". It is an interview with Giffords with MSNBC. Its kind of prophetic; kind of eerie!

http://www.batangastoday.com/gabrielle-giffords-talks-about-sarah-palins-crosshairs-map-in-a-previous-interview/8549/