PDA

View Full Version : Congresswoman shot at Ariz. appearance

Ekrub
01-08-2011, 01:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110108/ts_yblog_theticket/report-congresswoman-giffords-shot

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already

pcosmar
01-08-2011, 02:00 PM
It has
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275064-Congresswoman-Gabrielle-Giffords-Shot-In-Arizona

silverhandorder
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
It should be moved back from hot topics and anyone with inflammatory speech should have their posts deleted. You can't stop people from discussing it in general discussion and you will get a ton of threads.

tangent4ronpaul
01-08-2011, 02:11 PM
It looks like she might be OK

http://www.ajc.com/news/report-arizona-congresswoman-shot-798542.html

Early reports indicated Giffords and other died, but it was later reported she was in surgery in critical condition. A press conference is scheduled for 3:15 EST at the hospital.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-gabrielle-giffords-shot-grocery-store-event/story?id=12571452

She was taken to University Medical Center, where a hospital spokesman confirmed she was alive. But the extent and seriousness of her injuries were not being released.

btw: She's a Democrat and her husband is supposed to command the last shuttle mission in April.

-t

SneakyFrenchSpy
01-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Looks like an angry gay Kossack who fundraised for her could have done it...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me! (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi%21-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me%21)

Zippyjuan
01-08-2011, 02:17 PM
The hospital press conference hasn't started yet, but reports were she was shot in the head at close range- "might be OK" could be optimistic at this point.

ItsTime
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me! (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi%21-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me%21)

Ouch!

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is dead to me now.

Brett85
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
It should be moved back from hot topics and anyone with inflammatory speech should have their posts deleted. You can't stop people from discussing it in general discussion and you will get a ton of threads.

Yes. Anybody who condones this should get their posts deleted and be banned from this forum.

amy31416
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM

Thread was deleted....

Cached version:

My CongressWOMAN voted against Nancy Pelosi! And is now DEAD to me!

by BoyBlue

Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:07:17 AM PST

I am from the Tucson area and live in Congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords' district. I worked like a dog for her elections when she was in the Arizona House, surrounded by rightwing nutcases. When Arizona re-districted in 2002, a seat opened up and she was right smack in the middle of it. So was I because I live in Oro Valley, Arizona, which is at the heart of that - then - new CD. I was one of several people to talk her into running and pledging complete loyalty and pledging to raise as much money as possible for her.

She ended up running for the first time against a fellow AZ House member, Randy Graf who was a rightwing whacko who advocated guns in bars and was the "Russell Pearce before Russell Pearce" vis-a-vis border issues. With a LOT of hard work and plenty of money, Gabby won. Easier than thought, too. I never like to throw money in people's faces, but i have given Gabrielle Giffords THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars in both good times and bad times for me financially.

BoyBlue's diary :: ::
Fast forward to this election season. A weirdo asshole named Jesse Kelly who advocated ELIMINATING Social Security and was a tea bagger favorite got the GOP nom to run against her. I am gay and had been married and my spouse left me January 15, 2010. I shot myself in the mouth in a serious suicide attempt, because of that. Barely surviving, I spent two months in the hospital and still have some paralysis. I did receive a severance from my employer, as i had been laid off in December, 2009. That may have been part of the reason my spouse left me.

Anyway, after months of physical and mental rehab, I got back into the political scene and started working for Gabby once again. I raised over $100,000 for her and maxed her out myself out of my severance, even though i still don't have work and could not qualify for state aid because of my severance.

She wins her re-election and told me she was still a supporter of Speaker Pelosi at her victory party. We talked about how Nancy Pelosi was a successful woman and accomplished oh so much in just four years as Speaker.

Today, just a little while ago, I saw on Andrea Mitchell Reports (out of the one eye in can still see out of) that Giffords voted AGAINST Nancy Pelosi as our Minority Leader. Rhetorical question: I fought back from my condition and jumped in with both feet to help Gabrielle Giffords for THIS shit???

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is dead to me now. I won't lift a finger, make one phone call, nor will i EVER vote for her in the future. And why did she do this? Giffords never told me she was conservative Democrat. And her voting record is okay. Damn.

Tags: leadership elections, 2010, Gabrielle, Giffords (all tags) :: Previous Tag Versions

Permalink | 51 comments
Comments: Expand Shrink Hide (Always) | Indented Flat (Always)
Tip Jar (10+ / 0-)
Not a single issue voter, but if I was, gay rights would be it. I just want Democrats to be tough. And I wish Obama were tougher. That's all. I'm a proud gay!

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:07:18 AM PST
Look, it DOESN'T matter WHY (3+ / 0-)
she did this or whom she voted for. It could have been Elvis or Jesus Christ...it accomplishes NOTHING but plays into the MEDIA NARRATIVE of Democrats against Pelosi. Just watch.

Not a single issue voter, but if I was, gay rights would be it. I just want Democrats to be tough. And I wish Obama were tougher. That's all. I'm a proud gay!

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:53:00 AM PST
[ Parent ]
BoyBlue, you stated (2+ / 0-)
her voting record is okay.

If you are satisfied with the way she votes; why not vote for her again?

by Kitty on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:56:38 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Why are you telling us this? (6+ / 0-)
Call their office and let them know... handwrite this diary on stationary, sign, and hand deliver it to her field office. Those kind of letters get attention.

DARTH SPECTER: I am altering the deal! Pray I don't alter it any further!
LANDO REID: This deal keeps getting worse all the time!

by LordMike on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:09:05 AM PST
because this is a blog. (8+ / 0-)
"I drank what?!" -Socrates

by bagman on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:11:09 AM PST
[ Parent ]
already done. but people need to know (8+ / 0-)
about our turncoats. i have even left a message on HER cell. which she won't return.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:11:50 AM PST
[ Parent ]
She voted for Rep. John Lewis (27+ / 0-)
Not Shuler. Statement:

Congresswoman Giffords today cast a ceremonial vote in the process of confirming Rep. John Boehner as the next Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The congresswoman’s vote for Rep. John Lewis signaled her desire for courageous leadership and high moral standards at a critical time in our nation’s history. He is one of our nation’s most prominent civil rights leaders and a hero to all Americans.

John Lewis spent a lifetime standing up for the enduring values that sets our nation apart from all others. He is widely admired by his colleagues on both sides of the aisle and in both houses of Congress. Sen. John McCain, put it well in his 2004 book, “Why Courage Matters: the Way to a Braver Life.” Sen. McCain wrote that “John Lewis was as courageous as anyone could ever hope to be.”

In words and deeds, John Lewis should be a clear and bright guiding light for every member of Congress and every American. His integrity and civility is an example for us all.

by Adam B on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:13:49 AM PST
I thought you meant against Pelosi as Min. Leader (3+ / 0-)
For THAT I could see your vitriol, but on this?

What was essentially a coronation for Boehner? Not so much. Heck, she could have voted for Donkey Kong, and I wouldn't care much. [But I agree that Shuler would be a terrible choice.]

We don't want our country back, we want our country FORWARD. --Eclectablog

by Samer on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:19:42 AM PST
[ Parent ]
She Might Have (1+ / 0-)
If memory serves, Giffords kept her Minority Leader vote on the DL.

Too Folk For You

by TooFolkGR on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:27:02 AM PST
[ Parent ]
well thanks for this but it is silly. (2+ / 0-)
why? because she is helping the media narrative that NINETEEN Democrats voted against Nancy Pelosi. I always knew Gabby wasn't the brightest bulb (but always voted correctly), but i must say, that vote and that statement, in lieu of how the media spins things like this is just....STUPID. And Pelosi has a LOOOONG memory and our CD is now at the bottom of the barrel because of this. She embarrassed the former Speaker, she embarrassed herself, and she embarrassed ME as a former supporter.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:19:48 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Um... (4+ / 0-)
You always knew she wasn't the brighest bulb? Why would you give thousands of your own dollars away to someone you thought was stupid? Sounds like you may be the one who isn't the brightest bulb.

by MRobDC on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:22:41 AM PST
[ Parent ]
perhaps, but i wanted a more left congressperson. (1+ / 0-)

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:30:37 AM PST
[ Parent ]
A Couple Points (14+ / 0-)
First: Giffords is an actual Blue Dog (not like the way Kossacks use it) so if you've worked so hard for her I don't know how you wouldn't know that.

Second: She didn't vote for Shuler. She voted for John Lewis; as did fellow Blue Dog John Barrow.

Too Folk For You

by TooFolkGR on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:19:06 AM PST
not so shocking (2+ / 0-)
that a blue dog is against Pelosi.

by House of Gin on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:20:35 AM PST
[ Parent ]
No, And It Will Play Well In Her District (2+ / 0-)
Same for Barrow when the time comes.

Too Folk For You

by TooFolkGR on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:22:17 AM PST
[ Parent ]
do YOU live here? Pelosi was NOT an issue (0+ / 0-)
in this election. keep buying into the media BULLSHIT, bro!!!

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:27:56 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Your District is R+4 "Bro" (3+ / 0-)
I didn't say Pelosi was a big factor in the district, but she's even less of a factor now that whoever runs against her next time won't be able to say, "And she voted to continue San Francisco Liberal Nancy Pelosi's tenure as speaker!"

Too Folk For You

by TooFolkGR on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:31:23 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Tucson "Rs" are usually moderate to even liberal (1+ / 0-)

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:54:37 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Yup - the kind that might vote for a Blue Dog (0+ / 0-)
but not for a real progressive. So, advantage Gabby.

You might consider moving to Raul's district if it means that much to you...

by furi kuri on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:43:20 PM PST
[ Parent ]
read my comment to Adam B below please (0+ / 0-)
thanks.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:28:25 AM PST
[ Parent ]
yeah but fact remains (0+ / 0-)
she's a freakin blue dog. The shocking thing is you believed her lies and worked for her. Lesson learned.

by House of Gin on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:24:38 PM PST
[ Parent ]
she has told me personally that she is a (2+ / 0-)
BDINO = Blue Dog In Name Only

So, yeah, i did know that. And she comes from a rich family so let her finance her own goddam elections from now on. But i hope she loses. Rumor has it Arizona's "Independent" Re-Districting Commission (but in reality, is a GOP shill group) is planning on tossing her and Grijalva into the same CD for next time. Well, hmmm, since i helped them BOTH in 2010, and now this backstabbing from Giffords, who do you think i will work for next time??? Hint: i LOVE Raul and he is a friend as well and is sooo strong on my signature issues of gay rights.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:26:47 AM PST
[ Parent ]
She Lied To You (3+ / 0-)
ProgressivePunch rates Giffords almost dead last among Democrats when it comes to voting on the right side in the areas of Aid to the Less Advantaged, Fair Taxation, and Making the Government Work for Everybody, Not Just the Rich and Powerful.

http://progressivepunch.org/...

Too Folk For You

by TooFolkGR on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:29:19 AM PST
[ Parent ]
okay, so she's a liar and i am an idiot. (1+ / 0-)
she's STILL dead to me.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:31:19 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Considering that much of Jesse Kelly's campaign (7+ / 0-)
consisted of painting Gabby as a "Pelosi Democrat", can you conceive that the Lewis vote was for protective cover come 2012 ("I voted against Nancy Pelosi") and may even have been with the new Minority Leader's blessing?
It's not like the vote was critical, or even close. Perhaps you're overreacting here.

Pancho needs your prayers it's true, but save a few for Lefty, too. Townes van Zandt.

by DaNang65 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:20:07 AM PST
wrong. do YOU live here? (0+ / 0-)
That was NOT a central tenet of his whacko campaign. Don't say shit unless you know, k???

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:29:35 AM PST
[ Parent ]
In fact I do live in Tucson, in CD-07, (2+ / 0-)
and heard a never ending stream of tv commercials by or on Kelley's behalf.
Perhaps you think of Oro Valley as representative of CD-08, I think it's much more about Cochise County and the east side of town.

Pancho needs your prayers it's true, but save a few for Lefty, too. Townes van Zandt.

by DaNang65 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:34:12 AM PST
[ Parent ]
I know CD-07 better. I walked, er, limped it. (0+ / 0-)
MANY times. And it is FULL of "Giffords Republicans." full of liberal Republicans in general? Do you know the names Jim Kolbe, Toni Hellon, and Mike Hellon???

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:04:33 PM PST
[ Parent ]
Is this some sort of twenty questions game? (1+ / 0-)
Do I get to ask any?
Of course I know who Jim Kolbe is. Being in LD-27 I'm not as familiar with the Hellon's, but have a vague awareness of their existence.
Now my turn. Why was it necessary to put the word CongressWOMAN in that capitalization? Should I infer something from your sig line?

by DaNang65 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:16:22 PM PST
[ Parent ]
we both had expressed admiration for a WOMAN (2+ / 0-)
Speaker and how things have come a long way. Then she throws Nancy under the bus? Giffords isn't qualified to carry Pelosi's Prada handbag.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:40:45 PM PST
[ Parent ]
That's an acceptable explanation, although (0+ / 0-)
it might have been better spelled out in the text. Obviously any inference I might have drawn would have been inappropriate.
I still disagree with the necessary truth of your assertion that Rep. Giffords threw the former Speaker under the bus, and neither you nor I really know what, if any, transactions occurred privately between them.
Politics ain't beanbag, as Mr. Dooley noted.

by DaNang65 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:58:42 PM PST
[ Parent ]
The inference I made.... (1+ / 0-)
to the capitalization is this: Democratic women might want to support other Democratic women achieve as much power as possible in Congress (since women are underrepresented there).

Should BoyBlue (and the other gays reading this diary's thread) infer something about comments in this thread which ask "Why are you telling us this?" (and thank you bagman for your appropriate reply to that question....I'd tip you 100xs for that if I could), or that make an ad hominmen attack on the diarist by suggesting he's hysterical (you know us gays, how fucking hysterical we can be) and needs to "calm down"?

by BoxerDave on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:43:41 PM PST
[ Parent ]
Oh, and might I add.... (1+ / 0-)
...that five kossacks (I'm naming them in case they delete their tip) tipped the ad hominem comment.

Adam B, homogenius, Annalize5, mcronan, bythesea, you should all be ashamed for tipping such an attack.

by BoxerDave on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:54:33 PM PST
[ Parent ]
It was an attack on the tone of the writing. (0+ / 0-)
However, had I known the author was gay (I take your word for it), I wouldn't have tipped it b/c of the word hysterical -- nor do I like seeing it used against women. For that reason, I'll pick up the rec.

by Adam B on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 05:17:46 PM PST
[ Parent ]
Thank you so much for ur support. (1+ / 0-)
I appreciate it...bigtime. and, if you're gay like i am, even on progressive sites like this, we need to stick together. Giffords voted to repeal DADT and always accepted my being gay. THAT'S kinda why her vote "hurt" so much. I am bringing it up at our next local Democratic precinct meeting. Thanks again, Dave!!!!

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 06:01:48 PM PST
[ Parent ]
Looking at previous diaries (4+ / 0-)
You seem to have a knack for writing alarmist, hysterical diaries. Have a nice cup of tea, watch a little TV, and calm down a little before writing diaries please.

by MRobDC on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:37:47 AM PST
Perhaps I *feel* a little too much. (1+ / 0-)
I am working on that stuff with my shrinks after my suicide attempt. But thanks (sarcasm) for pointing that out. Actually, and THIS is silly, part of what went through my mind before i pulled the trigger - aside from the end of my gay marriage - was Blanche Lincoln killing the public option and the general feeling that HCR wasn't going anywhere. THAT'S how dedicated i am.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:59:33 AM PST
[ Parent ]
That's not dedication (1+ / 0-)
It is something I am glad to hear you are working hard on with your "shrinks".

I know that, but I don't believe it

by Catte Nappe on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:24:23 PM PST
[ Parent ]
Understand that political change is a long-term (4+ / 0-)
job. Please don't bet your life on such things again.

Good luck.

Freedom has two enemies: Those who want to control everyone around them...and those who feel no need to control themselves.

by Sirenus on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:30:00 PM PST
[ Parent ]
This is silly. (2+ / 0-)
This is a district vote and one that is meaningless because she knows Pelosi will get the Leader position anyway. Giffords is a good one in a very red state (I live her too). It's standard fair to allow the purple districts to take some "face-saving" votes.

by BrowniesAreGood on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:52:23 AM PST
it plays into the media narrative of (2+ / 0-)
"Democrats against Pelosi" that only serves to help the repugs.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:56:22 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Until unemployment is under 9% (1+ / 0-)
it won't matter if she voted for Jesus Christ for Speaker. She's in an R+4, she's lucky she squeeked by this time.

by MRobDC on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 11:58:12 AM PST
[ Parent ]
Look at her previous elections. (1+ / 0-)
Her CD is VERY moderate, even liberal...VERY liberal in parts. and pro-gay. +R sometimes means less than people here think.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:02:06 PM PST
[ Parent ]
A very moderate district (2+ / 0-)
doesn't give Jesse Kelly 47.2% of the vote and the libertarian 3.9%. If the Liberterian hadn't been the race, Kelly would be your rep now. keep that in mind.

by MRobDC on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:07:35 PM PST
[ Parent ]
I don't buy that thinking. Sorry. Sell crazy (0+ / 0-)
someplace else, cuz i ain't buyin'.

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:42:22 PM PST
[ Parent ]
It's a meaningless gesture (2+ / 0-)
and doesn't affect her important votes (such as her vote for DADT repeal ).

And next election you will have the choice of her or Jesse Kelly again.

I'm in Gabby's district now, and she has always been a blue dog - but she has always been the politican that saves us from the Jesse Kelly's of Arizona.

John McCain is deeply disappointed that Barack Obama has failed to follow through on John McCain's campaign promises.

by tiponeill on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:03:23 PM PST
Don't write a just diary about it.... (2+ / 0-)
....Write her an email. Easy enough to find the necessary link.

www.house.gov

Then look for her name and go to her website; then check for a Contact link.

Someone who has given her as much support as you should make an impression if you complain.

And....just a suggestion....ease off a bit from now on. You shouldn't beggar yourself supporting any political candidate. Direct more of your money and your energy to your your own concerns and good health.

Freedom has two enemies: Those who want to control everyone around them...and those who feel no need to control themselves.

by Sirenus on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:28:13 PM PST
Oops! That subject line should be (2+ / 0-)
"don't just write a diary."

My bad.

by Sirenus on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 12:32:44 PM PST
[ Parent ]
After reading your diary, and.... (1+ / 0-)
...nearly all of the comments in this thread, you deserve an empathic response from me BoyBlue. I'll do my best; here goes.

That Giffords did not bother to return your call after all the work you did for her, says something about her. If I had worked for her as you did, and if she had, after all my hard work, not returned my telephone call, I'd be furious with her. You'd be crazy not to be angry about that.

Thanks for writing this diary and for putting her name on my radar; I knew little about her before this diary/diary thread.

You certainly don't need to be asked "Why are you telling us this?", or "have a cup of tea" and chill out (not sure if there's some subtext to those comments or not, but the thread, overall, has put me in a surly mood). Some people are cruel motherfuckers; but, you know this.

Stay strong; stay active; stay vocal.

by BoxerDave on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:22:23 PM PST
thank you for the VERY kind words!!!!!!!!! (1+ / 0-)
: )

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 01:44:32 PM PST
[ Parent ]
you are sooo cool and sweet!!! thank you again!!! (1+ / 0-)
my facebook, if ur interested, can be found at my private email:
joeystuart@gmail.com

You keep the faith, too, buddy!!!

by BoyBlue on Thu Jan 06, 2011 at 06:04:15 PM PST
[ Parent ]
Permalink | 51 comments

Acala
01-08-2011, 02:27 PM
This happened about five miles from my house.

I hope she will be okay.

Inkblots
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Oh, wow. It's not appropriate to speculate, but this person apparently was both unstable, and had serious personal problems and a gun:

"I am gay and had been married and my spouse left me January 15, 2010. I shot myself in the mouth in a serious suicide attempt, because of that. Barely surviving, I spent two months in the hospital and still have some paralysis. I did receive a severance from my employer, as i had been laid off in December, 2009. That may have been part of the reason my spouse left me."

It's been taken down now, but the Google cached version is here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:egHLC2hTfZoJ:www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me!+http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me!&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Of course, then again, if he still had some paralysis as he wrote, he probably wouldn't have been capable of shooting so many people, right?

ItsTime
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM

I hope someone got a screen shot.

here is the google cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:egHLC2hTfZoJ:www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me!+http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/6/933828/-My-CongressWOMAN-voted-against-Nancy-Pelosi!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me!&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

SneakyFrenchSpy
01-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Well that's... untimely?

I am from the Tucson area and live in Congresswoman, Gabrielle Giffords' district. I worked like a dog for her elections when she was in the Arizona House, surrounded by rightwing nutcases. When Arizona re-districted in 2002, a seat opened up and she was right smack in the middle of it. So was I because I live in Oro Valley, Arizona, which is at the heart of that - then - new CD. I was one of several people to talk her into running and pledging complete loyalty and pledging to raise as much money as possible for her.

She ended up running for the first time against a fellow AZ House member, Randy Graf who was a rightwing whacko who advocated guns in bars and was the "Russell Pearce before Russell Pearce" vis-a-vis border issues. With a LOT of hard work and plenty of money, Gabby won. Easier than thought, too. I never like to throw money in people's faces, but i have given Gabrielle Giffords THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars in both good times and bad times for me financially.

BoyBlue's diary (http://boyblue.dailykos.com/) :: ::

Fast forward to this election season. A weirdo asshole named Jesse Kelly who advocated ELIMINATING Social Security and was a tea bagger favorite got the GOP nom to run against her. I am gay and had been married and my spouse left me January 15, 2010. I shot myself in the mouth in a serious suicide attempt, because of that. Barely surviving, I spent two months in the hospital and still have some paralysis. I did receive a severance from my employer, as i had been laid off in December, 2009. That may have been part of the reason my spouse left me.

Anyway, after months of physical and mental rehab, I got back into the political scene and started working for Gabby once again. I raised over $100,000 for her and maxed her out myself out of my severance, even though i still don't have work and could not qualify for state aid because of my severance.

She wins her re-election and told me she was still a supporter of Speaker Pelosi at her victory party. We talked about how Nancy Pelosi was a successful woman and accomplished oh so much in just four years as Speaker.

Today, just a little while ago, I saw on Andrea Mitchell Reports (out of the one eye in can still see out of) that Giffords voted AGAINST Nancy Pelosi as our Minority Leader. Rhetorical question: I fought back from my condition and jumped in with both feet to help Gabrielle Giffords for THIS shit???

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is dead to me now. I won't lift a finger, make one phone call, nor will i EVER vote for her in the future. And why did she do this? Giffords never told me she was conservative Democrat. And her voting record is okay. Damn.

Zippyjuan
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Still in surgery. A federal judge among those reported shot (his condition not known at this point). Reportedly "15- 20 rounds were fired".

Inkblots
01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
According to Fox, 19 people were shot and police are looking for a possible second shooter.

Zippyjuan
01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Identity of shooter has not been released so the post above speculating is just that- speculating. No name or motivation yet.

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Yes. Anybody who condones this should get their posts deleted and be banned from this forum.

lol

tangent4ronpaul
01-08-2011, 03:08 PM
She's out of surgery, doctors are optimistic about her recovery.

Press conference said 5 still in surgery and 5 in critical condition. A 9yo died. That's 11 people. They said 10 people were admitted...

-t

Zippyjuan
01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Six people said killed with twelve wounded. All the people at hospitals repoted in either critical or serious condition.

Perhaps ironic that one of the affiliates CNN is using for info is KGUN.

"The Congresswoman is not deceased. She is in critical condition," Rhee said in a press conference. "I am very optimistic about recovery."

Meanwhile, authorities have recovered a handgun at the scene of the shooting spree, a senior federal law enforcement source said.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/08/several-people-shot-at-arizona-store-police-official-says/?iref=NS1

ronpaulhawaii
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Missing from all the drama:

Witnesses say that the gunman was in his "late teens or early twenties." An eyewitness who contacted Gawker says that he was young, mid-to-late 20s, white clean-shaven with short hair and wearing dark clothing." According to their source, he looked like a "fringe character."

clean-shaven with short hair = "fringe character."

?

tangent4ronpaul
01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Here it comes...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/us-politics/8248399/Gabrielle-Giffords-father-The-whole-Tea-Party-were-her-enemies.html

Gabrielle Giffords' father: 'The whole Tea Party were her enemies'

Her father Spencer Giffords, 75, wept when asked if his 40-year-old daughter had any enemies.

"Yeah," he told The New York Post. "The whole tea party."

Miss Giffords had been named in March as a political campaign target for conservatives in November’s elections by former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for her strong support for the health reforms of President Barack Obama.

Brian4Liberty
01-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Tragic...:(

Noob
01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Great, now I can see all the new anti-gun laws they are going to pass..

tangent4ronpaul
01-08-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0821655720110108

The doctor treating U.S. Representative Constance Giffords for a gunshot wound said on Saturday he was very optimistic about her recovery.

"She's in critical condition," Dr. Peter Rhee said. "The neurosurgeons have finished operating on her and I can tell you that in the current time period I am very optimistic about recovery ... she was following commands

Bruno
01-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Reports are five dead, including a 9 year old girl. :(

pcosmar
01-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Here it comes...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/us-politics/8248399/Gabrielle-Giffords-father-The-whole-Tea-Party-were-her-enemies.html

Her father Spencer Giffords, 75, wept when asked if his 40-year-old daughter had any enemies.

Miss Giffords had been named in March as a political campaign target for conservatives in November’s elections by former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for her strong support for the health reforms of President Barack Obama.

At this point it is not even known if Giffords was the primary target. (it could well have been someone else in the crowd)
It is not known that the attack was political, or personal.

It is not known what the mental state of the shooter is. Or if he was influenced by others.

There is a lot of wild speculation going on.

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM
http://kateoplis.tumblr.com/post/2655554409/msnbc-talks-to-rep-gabrielle-gifford-about-the

^here she is on MSNBC a while back talking about being targetted by the tea party.

ItsTime
01-08-2011, 03:46 PM
At this point it is not even known if Giffords was the primary target. (it could well have been someone else in the crowd)
It is not known that the attack was political, or personal.

It is not known what the mental state of the shooter is. Or if he was influenced by others.

There is a lot of wild speculation going on.

Speculation is the fuel of forums.

devil21
01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Here it comes...

Yet it appears likely, to me at least, that the gay supporter poster was the shooter. The odds of it being someone else is so slim. It'll be interesting to watch how the media tries to spin this.

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
devil21- I don't see how you can possibly make that assessment.

Brett85
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Update: Fox News said that since the bullet went all the way through her head instead of lodging there she has a very good chance to survive.

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Update: Fox News said that since the bullet went all the way through her head instead of lodging there she has a very good chance to survive.

yep didn't hit a thing.......

BenIsForRon
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/noRuQkTlZzTXTxt8QUIValHimd91F6jAMfVmP1vRargww6B3wh IkPyDjeYauFwM3mrTCGDaqV45buWAZwFMuxfWneA0dDIAI/trollfeedingwarning.jpg

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
seems like they are only focused on her . i think they should talk about the dead.

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 04:09 PM
a fed judge died right?

klamath
01-08-2011, 04:13 PM
A 9 year old child died.

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
well she was the main target

pcosmar
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Was she?
Or was she standing next to the main target?

Or were any of them the main target?
Perhaps the media consumers were the main target.

Speculation=/= fact

devil21
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
devil21- I don't see how you can possibly make that assessment.

Oh come on. That post, which has since been removed from DK at very interesting timing, screams "Im gonna kill her". Unstable, obviously armed, has a vendetta, local to the congresswoman and the shooting, etc. The odds of that being total coincidence and someone else completely unrelated doing the shooting is slim.

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
devil- bloybue has apparently posted on dkos since the shooting. it isn't him

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
pcosmar-occums' razor

Acala
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Gabby is my Congresswoman.

In November she was challenged by a neocon named Jesse Kelly posing as a Tea Party candidate. It was a very close race.

Gabby voted against No Banker Left Behind on the first go around. I wrote her a letter of encouragement, but she caved in on the second round. She did better than our Republican Senators on that issue.

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
A 9 year old child died.

yes......... These others are cast aside like they don't matter.

devil21
01-08-2011, 04:25 PM
devil- bloybue has apparently posted on dkos since the shooting. it isn't him

Evidence please?

And for the record, "apparently posted" doesn't mean much. Would you really put it past highly partisan operatives such as DK admin to themselves try to spin this around with a fake "boyblue" to try to deflect the real story behind the shooter and instead keep the rabid anti-right winger rhetoric spewing for as long as possible? We see this quite often actually. Once the truth comes out no one is paying attention anymore and the damage is done.

klamath
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
How do you know that she was the main target? A federal district court judge is actually a higher public figure than a congressperson.

Draco33
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
yep didn't hit a thing.......

I'm not sure which is more wrong .. you saying it or me laughing. :(

klamath
01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
yes......... These others are cast aside like they don't matter.
Collateral damage is always brushed off.

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure which is more wrong .. you saying it or me laughing. :(

me saying it......but many were thinking it.I just put it on paper...or pixels

BenIsForRon
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/noRuQkTlZzTXTxt8QUIValHimd91F6jAMfVmP1vRargww6B3wh IkPyDjeYauFwM3mrTCGDaqV45buWAZwFMuxfWneA0dDIAI/trollfeedingwarning.jpg

In case you guys skipped page 4.

Brian4Liberty
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
a fed judge died right?

That's what they are reporting.

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Thread was deleted....

Cached version:

A blog pulled a screenshot of it before it was deleted:

http://potluckbloggers.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/kos-rant.png

Here's the blog: http://potluckbloggers.wordpress.com/

It is a terrible event, but the partisan spin to take advantage of it is sick.

And to others arguing about whether boyblue actually did it, I don't post it for that but to show it is a major rush to judgment to assume everyone who might have hated her was on the right.

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
devil21- the only evidence you have is that website?

Anti Federalist
01-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Was she?
Or was she standing next to the main target?

Or were any of them the main target?
Perhaps the media consumers were the main target.

Speculation=/= fact

Ref: "Shooter"

devil21
01-08-2011, 04:49 PM
devil21- the only evidence you have is that website?

That website and the ability to put 2 and 2 together and usually get 4. Your evidence is what? That same website? Oh wait....it was what someone else told you on the other thread.....

Anti Federalist
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Collateral damage is always brushed off.

That it is, from the President on down.

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 05:00 PM
devil21- you'd be a good FBI agent. A guy saying he is disappointed with his senator and you have him identified as the assassin.

specsaregood
01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
So will there be a special election to fill her seat? Can we recruit a liberty minded person?

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Just because people here might be interested:

Republican Rand Paul, Kentucky's newest senator, said on his Web site, "My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Congresswoman Giffords and others killed or injured in today’s shootings."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/08/1591975/senate-republicans-release-mcconnell.html#ixzz1AUKLWPe4

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/08/1591975/senate-republicans-release-mcconnell.html

klamath
01-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Just because people here might be interested:

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/08/1591975/senate-republicans-release-mcconnell.html
Thank you Rand. It seems like the Paul's at times are too much in the minority in understanding violence from ALL SIDES AND ANGLES and how little it accomplishes.

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
This twitter posted at DP suggests he was a lefty, at least in his past: http://twitter.com/caitieparker

Brett85
01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Thank you Rand. It seems like the Paul's at times are too much in the minority in understanding violence from ALL SIDES AND ANGLES and how little it accomplishes.

Yeah. Imagine the outrage if Rand put a message on his website calling this "blowback."

Brett85
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM
So will there be a special election to fill her seat? Can we recruit a liberty minded person?

They're saying that she might fully recover. So they may not have to fill her seat.

devil21
01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
devil21- you'd be a good FBI agent. A guy saying he is disappointed with his senator and you have him identified as the assassin.

He would definitely be my person of interest, that's for sure.

But if he's smart he'll just exercise his 5th Amendment right and STFU.

They're saying that she might fully recover. So they may not have to fill her seat.

Not a chance. She may recover most of her faculties after years of rehab but she's not going to be going back to the House floor again as a Congresswoman.

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Yeah, this will raise her popularity so she will be harder to replace in 2012, actually, and I think it was doable, previously.

Brett85
01-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah, this will raise her popularity so she will be harder to replace in 2012, actually, and I think it was doable, previously.

Yeah probably so. But I still hope she recovers and comes back to the House. This is beyond politics.

Brett85
01-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Not a chance. She may recover most of her faculties after years of rehab but she's not going to be going back to the House floor again as a Congresswoman.

I haven't seen any recent updates, but earlier Fox News reported that she was responding and answering questions that they asked her.

silverhandorder
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I haven't seen any recent updates, but earlier Fox News reported that she was responding and answering questions that they asked her.

That could be along the lines of "make a movement with your hand" or something simple.

ravedown
01-08-2011, 05:45 PM
breaking news!....the shooters motive has been explained, just like you knew it would.
http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/

MelissaWV
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
That could be along the lines of "make a movement with your hand" or something simple.

That is precisely what it is, and bodes well for someone with a brain injury at this stage in the game. They are basic commands to see if she can process, reason through them, and execute them. It's more like "Hold up three fingers" and "Make a fist with your left hand" and so on. Not only are they testing if she can move, but whether or not she can still rationalize enough to count, figure out which side is which, etc..

Brett85
01-08-2011, 05:51 PM
breaking news!....the shooters motive has been explained, just like you knew it would.
http://maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/

Maddow and the other leftists would seemingly like to abolish the 1st amendment. She talked about "dangerous rhetoric" leading to George Tiller's death as well.

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah probably so. But I still hope she recovers and comes back to the House. This is beyond politics.

Oh, absolutely. But AFTER she is fully recovered, I don't expect to be more in love with her than I was before....

devil21
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
That is precisely what it is, and bodes well for someone with a brain injury at this stage in the game. They are basic commands to see if she can process, reason through them, and execute them. It's more like "Hold up three fingers" and "Make a fist with your left hand" and so on. Not only are they testing if she can move, but whether or not she can still rationalize enough to count, figure out which side is which, etc..

So she's not brain dead and completely comatose I guess. That's certainly good for her overall prognosis......but it doesn't mean I want someone with a traumatic brain injury in such a powerful position anymore. We have enough trouble understanding the motivations of Congress already, much less the decisions of someone that's gone through something like that. I don't see how they could put her back up there again after all this. Would she even want to??

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Maddow and the other leftists would seemingly like to abolish the 1st amendment. She talked about "dangerous rhetoric" leading to George Tiller's death as well.

I take it she hasn't yet found out that he was on the left, not right, politically. As soon as more realize that, this contrived, partisan driven frenzy will quiet considerably.

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
So she's not brain dead and completely comatose I guess. That's certainly good for her overall prognosis......but I doesn't mean I want someone with a traumatic brain injury in such a powerful position anymore. We have enough trouble understanding the motivations of Congress already, much less the decisions of someone that's gone through something like that. I don't see how they could put her back up there again after all this. Would she even want to??

Oh, come on. Given what we have serving in Congress, you'd stick at brain damage?

If she can function, she is the one who was voted in.

puppetmaster
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
So she's not brain dead and completely comatose I guess. That's certainly good for her overall prognosis......but I doesn't mean I want someone with a traumatic brain injury in such a powerful position anymore. We have enough trouble understanding the motivations of Congress already, much less the decisions of someone that's gone through something like that. I don't see how they could put her back up there again after all this. Would she even want to??

why not? most of congress is brain dead

MelissaWV
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM

I'm not a fan of what she did before this, but if she came through competent (which can happen), what's the problem? If you're going to rule out anyone who's undergone some kind of massive trauma, you'd be ruling out a lot of people. There are folks whose bad experiences in life make them stronger and wiser.

I am not sure she'd WANT to return, though; on that we agree.

Brett85
01-08-2011, 05:56 PM
I take it she hasn't yet found out that he was on the left, not right, politically. As soon as more realize that, this contrived, partisan driven frenzy will quiet considerably.

She actually noted on her website that the killer may not have had political motivations at all. But she went on to talk about how we just had a "political season of violent rhetoric" or something like that.

sailingaway
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
She actually noted on her website that the killer may not have had political motivations at all. But she went on to talk about how we just had a "political season of violent rhetoric" or something like that.

So even though it might be completely irrelevant to the topic at hand she is going to use the tragedy at hand to make political points?

Fetching.

Noob
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
If they do end up trying to pass more anti-gun laws I would not be surprise if one of them ending up given the name " The Safeway Act" since this happen at an Safeway Store. I can imagine them putting a part in it were TSA would set up airport style security at super markets and other stores. Laying down the ground work needed for what these Eco-fascists call for.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/eco-fascists-call-for-prison-cities.html

lester1/2jr
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
devil21 - have you heard any confirmation that it is in fact the dkos guy as you stated was most likely the case?

MelissaWV
01-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh and before people get too far in thinking there MUST be a political motivation, stop me if you've heard this one:
(I'm going to change just a few things to make the movie plot fit a little better)

PLOT:

Jason Laughner is a lonely and depressed young man and former Marine living in Arizona. ... He keeps a YouTube... claims to be an honorably discharged Marine, and it is implied that he is a veteran... and has a large scar.

Laughner's thoughts begin to turn violent. ... He buys four guns from an illegal dealer (and) then constructs a sliding action holster on his right arm and practices concealing and drawing his weapons. He develops an interest in Congresswoman's public appearances. ... He attends a public rally where he attempts to assassinate the Congresswoman.

Nah, no one would ever take such a movie plot to heart, would they?

pcosmar
01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh and before people get too far in thinking there MUST be a political motivation, stop me if you've heard this one:
(I'm going to change just a few things to make the movie plot fit a little better)

Nah, no one would ever take such a movie plot to heart, would they?

I remember the movie,,,but that is quite the twist with a reversal of the plot.

Now the Manchurian candidate however,,,

MelissaWV
01-08-2011, 06:49 PM
I remember the movie,,,but that is quite the twist with a reversal of the plot.

Now the Manchurian candidate however,,,

How would it be a reversal of the plot? Maybe there's some campaign-related sweetheart this ex-military nut wanted to impress :p It seems as valid as the rest of these theories bouncing around. It just reminded me of it, is all, and the movie's already been "blamed" for one assassination attempt, of course....

pcosmar
01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
How would it be a reversal of the plot? Maybe there's some campaign-related sweetheart this ex-military nut wanted to impress :p It seems as valid as the rest of these theories bouncing around. It just reminded me of it, is all, and the movie's already been "blamed" for one assassination attempt, of course....

Well the Taxi Driver was trying to save the young prostitute from the pimp. he wasn't really trying to impress anyone.
Not sure who this guy was trying to save.

Peter Dow
01-08-2011, 07:36 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9100/sarahretires.jpg

My sincere condolences are offered to the family of one of our SarahPAC's targeted House Democrats Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of Obamacare in the USA.

On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peaceful early retirements of House and Senate Democrats and of any Republicans who won't toe our Tea Party line.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dumppalin/

Stary Hickory
01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
No comment but really what is to be expected. Congress enacts it' decrees through open threats of violence and death. Perhaps this will focus the nation on the nature of government and why people would feel that violent action is their only recourse. Th fact this happens so rarely is a testament to American passivity, which was not how this nation was founded.

I certainly do not wish to see a bloodbath, but I really doubt this is the end, if things get worse people might snap more often. Kinda scary.

cindy25
01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
was she even the target? maybe it was the Federal judge

this means once and for all the USA has reached 3rd world status

and if she dies she would be the 3rd congressman assassinated, and the first on US soil

the others were Leo Ryan, killed in Guyana; and Larry McDonald, killed by the USSR while on a Korean air flight

CaseyJones
01-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Giffords had just started the congressional session. She tweeted welcomes to new Republican congressman David Schweikert and had just sponsored legislation, with Republican Congressman Ron Paul, to cut congressional salaries.

http://www.azdailysun.com/news/national/article_7eb9c07e-1b59-11e0-b9b0-001cc4c002e0.html

klamath
01-08-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.azdailysun.com/news/national/article_7eb9c07e-1b59-11e0-b9b0-001cc4c002e0.html
Sad.

Stary Hickory
01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah this is bad, but really this sort of thing become the norm once oppression is so centralized. I really hope this country wakes up soon and realized it's best just to leave other people the eff alone....personally and through government just live and let live. Certainly a tragedy, let us see how it unfolds

cindy25
01-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I just hope she doesn't end up as some sort of Terry Schiavo symbol for the left.

QueenB4Liberty
01-08-2011, 09:08 PM
No comment but really what is to be expected. Congress enacts it' decrees through open threats of violence and death. Perhaps this will focus the nation on the nature of government and why people would feel that violent action is their only recourse. Th fact this happens so rarely is a testament to American passivity, which was not how this nation was founded.

I certainly do not wish to see a bloodbath, but I really doubt this is the end, if things get worse people might snap more often. Kinda scary.

I agree with you. I hope things don't escalate though.

klamath
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I actually getting really tired of the 2nd being undermined by these statements. "The government needs to know they can't push too far or this is what happens, or the tree of liberty needs to be watered".
the government is very aware that there are 70 to 100 million guns in America and in the hands of well trained citizen veterans that the government spent billions themselves to train. The government is exactly what the American people vote for and the quickest way to see the second admendment repealed by the very people themselves is to have wack jobs actually killing people and having other people condoning it as the great and patriotic thing to do, to flex the second admendment and show the government they better be scared. The people voted for the very government we have. And it will be the very people that vote to take guns wway because of loose canons and people that support them.

Brian4Liberty
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
If you're going to rule out anyone who's undergone some kind of massive trauma, you'd be ruling out a lot of people. There are folks whose bad experiences in life make them stronger and wiser.

Thumbs up! ;)

http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/gary-busey-evicted.jpg

jct74
01-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Giffords awake, recognizes husband

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is awake in her hospital room and has recognized her husband, astronaut and Navy Capt. Mark Kelly, a source close to the family told POLITICO Saturday night.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0111/Reports_Giffords_recognizes_husband.html?showall

amy31416
01-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Giffords awake, recognizes husband

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0111/Reports_Giffords_recognizes_husband.html?showall

Wow. That's amazing...

devil21
01-09-2011, 12:28 AM
devil21 - have you heard any confirmation that it is in fact the dkos guy as you stated was most likely the case?

Nope. Haven't given the issue any thought since my earlier posts until now. Has it been confirmed, thru any reliable sources, to not be that same person "boyblue"? If it's not him then I hope the rectal probes and waterboarding isn't too painful.

dannno
01-09-2011, 01:39 AM
According to Fox, 19 people were shot and police are looking for a possible second shooter.

19?

You don't say.

devil21
01-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Jeez...another "second person"? How many times do we hear about a second person (see: Ft Hood, Times Square, Underwear bomber, etc) the first day or so then the second person is forgotten? Watch and see if the second shooter story disappears suddenly.

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 07:57 AM
The shooter. More recent pics:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/235474/JARED-LEE-LOUGHNER.jpg
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/235476/JARED-LEE-LOUGHNER.jpg

Photo of possible second suspect - seen running from scene:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/235479/GIFFORDS-SHOOTING-SECOND-SUSPECT.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/09/jared-lee-loughner-troubled-past

Jared Lee Loughner, the alleged gunman in the Tucson shooting of the US congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, had been behaving increasingly erratically in recent months.

The 22-year-old army reject had posted rambling videos online in which he made statements about mind control, Swat teams and the gold standard. On his MySpace page he posted a photograph of a handgun resting on top of a United States history textbook.

The motivations for the shootings remained unclear. The Pima County sheriff, Clarence Dupnik, described Loughner as mentally unstable and said he may have had an accomplice.

In October 2007 Loughner was cited in Pima County for possession of drug paraphernalia, a charge that was dismissed after he completed a diversion program, according to online records. "He has kind of a troubled past, I can tell you that," Dupnik said.

Former schoolmates said Loughner, who remains in police custody, smoked marijuana and was prone to outbursts in class.

In one YouTube video he described himself as a US military recruit, but the US army confirmed he had been rejected for military service in 2008 for reasons it could not disclose.

Loughner had been a student at Pima Community College, but one of the videos he posted online was considered so disturbing by campus administrators that they suspended him in September.

Loughner and his parents attended a meeting with college officials who said he would require mental health clearance if he wanted to return, the New York Times reported.

Investigators have been scouring Loughner's MySpace page, which was removed within minutes of him being identified as the suspect. At about 5am on Saturday, he had written: "Goodbye [...] Dear friends ... Please don't be mad at me."
Lynda Sorenson said she took a class with Loughner last summer at Pima community college. He was "obviously very disturbed", she told the Arizona Daily Star. "He disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts."
"I know that he caused a lot of trouble in his classes other than band," she said. "If he tried, he would probably be at the top of our class. But he kind of just wasted his life.

=========
Another article said he'd had outbursts in classes or the library on 5 occasions, all requiring campus police to respond.

-t

brandon
01-09-2011, 08:11 AM
in before it was a false flag attack

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/09/jared-lee-loughner-troubled-past

In October 2007 Loughner was cited in Pima County for possession of drug paraphernalia, a charge that was dismissed after he completed a diversion program, according to online records. "He has kind of a troubled past, I can tell you that," Dupnik said.

Former schoolmates said Loughner, who remains in police custody, smoked marijuana and was prone to outbursts in class.

-t

They forgot to mention he was radical lefty.

A 22-year-old woman in Arizona, Caitie Parker, claimed on her Twitter feed that she went to high school and college with the gunman, and was in a band with him. She described his politics in the past as "left wing, quite liberal, & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy." She also described him as having a lot of friends "until he got alcohol poisoning in '06" and dropped out of school. "Mainly loner very philosophical."

Parker described the gunman meeting Rep. Gabrielle Giffords previously: "He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in '07, asked her a question & he told me she was 'stupid & unintelligent.'"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40980334/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I wonder why this Twitter lady has not reflected on the fact that she spent so much time with a lone, nutty radical. What's that make her, and shouldn't she be arrested before she inevitably goes on a shooting rampage?

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I wonder why this Twitter lady has not reflected on the fact that she spent so much time with a lone, nutty radical. What's that make her, and shouldn't she be arrested before she inevitably goes on a shooting rampage?

You can't be serious.

awake
01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Vitriol seems to be the pop buzz word in this incident. Seems both left and right are experts at employing it and claiming that only the other side is doing it.

squarepusher
01-09-2011, 09:04 AM

nice find Casey, linking Giffords to Ron Paul (positively)

Bruno
01-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Vitriol seems to be the pop buzz word in this indecent. Seems both left and right are experts at employing it and claiming that only the other side is doing it.

Agreed.

I also was particularly upset to see the shooter described on the front page of the Des Moines Register as "Suspect Jared Loughner is described as a pot-smoking loner."

ONE classmate said that, later you read in the article, and said, he didn't know how regularly he smoked. This was of course an AP story.

There are many other ways the could have chosen to describe him, but they intentionally wanted to paint him as a pot smoker. Perhaps because right-wing lunatic has been mostly ruled out.

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
You can't be serious.

It would be akin to me going on record as saying that ItsTime was a kook. He hung out a lot on this "Liberty Forest" site that talked about all this crazy shit. Before he went batshit insane, he was on there all the time, and he posted links that were anti-TPTB.

Wouldn't someone, at some point, wonder how I knew about it?

The implication of all this "lone radical" talk from her is that he was unstable, etc.. He wasn't unstable enough to keep her from socializing with him, nor lone enough to prevent him from joining a band and walking up to political figures to speak with them. The characterizations being put out there are strange and conflicting, and hers is most puzzling of all.

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 09:10 AM
in before it was a false flag attack

You posted that at 0911.

lester1/2jr
01-09-2011, 09:14 AM
devil21- you were absolutely adamant that it was that guy and no one besides you at this point is claiming it in fact was. So if it turns out to be him you will be the man. if not, maybe you should not jump to conclusions so quickly. or advocate waterboarding.

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Agreed.

I also was particularly upset to see the shooter described on the front page of the Des Moines Register as "Suspect Jared Loughner is described as a pot-smoking loner."

ONE classmate said that, later you read in the article, and said, he didn't know how regularly he smoked. This was of course an AP story.

There are many other ways the could have chosen to describe him, but they intentionally wanted to paint him as a pot smoker. Perhaps because right-wing lunatic has been mostly ruled out.

They want to get that out before any mention of the Pharmaceutical drugs he was given by his handlers.

a charge that was dismissed after he completed a diversion program,

diversion program= programing

Bruno
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
You posted that at 0911.

http://i51.tinypic.com/21et91k.jpg

:)

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 09:20 AM
You posted that at 0911.

And the kid that was killed was born on 09/11/01
And a Federal Judge that struck down Brady had just walked up
And she's pro-gun and co-sponsoring one of RP's bills
And the second suspect that got away was close - guess those RC brain electrodes don't have that great of a range.

Kind of reminds me of when Danno noticed my 6969th post. It was in a "sex thread"

:D

-t

squarepusher
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM
0911 A.D.E or ... ?

Bruno
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM
0911 A.D.E or ... ?

yeah, what was that all about?

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 09:30 AM
yeah, what was that all about?

The Mayan calender and the end of the world.

-t

Bruno
01-09-2011, 09:32 AM
The Mayan calender and the end of the world.

-t

Ah, thank you

austin944
01-09-2011, 10:07 AM
How did he manage to get off 19 rounds (at least), with one shot apparently taken at close range to the Congresswoman, before someone stopped him? I don't know much about guns, but wouldn't he have had to reload at least once, or had multiple weapons at hand? I thought hand-guns were generally limited to much less than 19 rounds.

down-under
01-09-2011, 10:10 AM
How did he manage to get off 19 rounds (at least), with one shot apparently taken at close range to the Congresswoman, before someone stopped him? I don't know much about guns, but wouldn't he have had to reload at least once, or had multiple weapons at hand? I thought hand-guns were generally limited to much less than 19 rounds.

He bought the gun illegally with an extended clip...

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Not necessarily. There are high capacity magazines. Legally available in most states.
I do however question whether he was the only shooter. Perhaps the designated diversion.

But then, I have many questions that are not being answered.
The focus seems to be on character assassination and connecting him to political enemies, and promoting other anti-Liberty agendas.

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
He bought the gun illegally with an extended clip...

Proof?
I have not heard any think about the pedigree of the gun involved. Or how or when he purchased it.

I also question whether the web sites (breadcrumbs) were his, or planted by someone else.

austin944
01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Not necessarily. There are high capacity magazines.
I do however question whether he was the only shooter. Perhaps the designated diversion.

If he was the only shooter, could he really get off at least 19 rounds that fast, before somebody could jump him? According to some news reports I've read he was 3-4 ft. away from the Congresswoman when he started firing.

The list of the dead includes a number of older people; I wonder if it was mostly elderly people at the event, who couldn't really be expected to move fast enough to either get out of the way or jump him.

Bruno
01-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Fox news interview: suspect was described as very calm by the Dr. Who held him down, strangely so. He didn't talk and he didn't really struggle at all.

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Not necessarily. There are high capacity magazines.

But then, I have many questions that are not being answered.
The focus seems to be on character assassination and connecting him to political enemies, and promoting other anti-Liberty agendas.

There is also allegedly a secondary gunman now.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords remained heavily sedated and in critical condition Sunday as investigators sought to understand what motivated a gunman to carry out an assassination attempt on the Democratic lawmaker in a rampage that killed six people.

(Paused to point out that even though they don't know his motivation, they have decided the shooting was an assassination attempt rather than a shooting at a densely populated location for other purposes.)

Police say the shooter was in custody, and was identified by people familiar with the investigation as Jared Loughner, 22. U.S. officials who provided his name to the AP spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release it publicly.

His motivation was not immediately known, but Dupnik described him as mentally unstable and possibly acting with an accomplice.

His office said a man possibly associated with the suspect who was near the scene was being sought. The man, who was photographed by a security camera, was described as white with dark hair and 40-45 years old.

So much for the lone pothead wearing black, eh?

Bruno
01-09-2011, 10:24 AM
You posted that at 0911.

The 9 year old girl who died was born on 9/11.

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 10:25 AM
If he was the only shooter, could he really get off at least 19 rounds that fast, before somebody could jump him? According to some news reports I've read he was 3-4 ft. away from the Congresswoman when he started firing.

The list of the dead includes a number of older people; I wonder if it was mostly elderly people at the event, who couldn't really be expected to move fast enough to either get out of the way or jump him.

Firing that many rounds quickly is one thing. Firing them accurately is another.
There is no doubt that the folks there were caught off guard, and he was tackled by folks.

I suspect a second shooter. aiming from a distance while the confusion and attention was on this guy.

Ballistics would show that, if true.

down-under
01-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Proof?
I have not heard any think about the pedigree of the gun involved. Or how or when he purchased it.

I also question whether the web sites (breadcrumbs) were his, or planted by someone else.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/01/robert-farago/giffords-shooter-jared-loughner-used-a-glock-with-extended-clip/

Not definite proof but there is definetely extended clips available (on the black market) for the gun used...

The Washington Post is reporting that TTAG’s Brad Kozak was right to say the media was wrong when they rushed to report that Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shooter Jared Loughner used an “automatic rifle” to carry-out his heinous crime. As Brad and I discussed, mortality is limited when you spray a large group of people with a full-auto rifle. Accuracy is difficult as people tend to hit the deck pretty damn quick. Look at the often amazing lack of lethality of drive-by shootings. Loughner had to have aimed pretty carefully to have shot 16 people (five murdered and 11 injured). That said, almost all the reports from the scene claim Loughner was “firing indiscriminately” . . .

The Post reports that Loughner used a Glock 19, originally claiming that the weapon had “an extended clip.” [The above image is from Loughner's Facebook page, deleted within minutes of the attack.]

The Glock 19 has a standard 15-round magazine. CNN reports that 18 people were shot. Either every one of Loughner’s bullets found a target (some more than one), the perp reloaded or he did indeed have a large capacity magazine. Glock sells magazines that hold 19 or 33 rounds, which are banned in some states (as is the gun).

In any case, it’s clear that Loughner was no stranger to guns.

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Not definite proof but there is definetely extended clips available (on the black market) for the gun used...

No proof at all.
Glocks are as common a gun as you will find. ( I personally don't like them) And are often recommended as a choice handgun.
They would be commonly available in any gun store.
High capacity magazines don't have to come from the "black market" as there are for sale legally and can be mail ordered.
Also common.
http://www.topglock.com/category/1676-Glock_High_Cap_Magazines.aspx
http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/336_Featured+Items/7275_Super+Hi-Capacity+Magazines/?return=%3f
Legal in Az. and that was a quick search, first references.

TheDriver
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Remember one bullet can hit multiple people @

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSXkfV_mhA

Endgame
01-09-2011, 10:47 AM
He probably just walked into a gun store and bought the Glock and whatever mags he used certainly wouldn't be hard to come by. But why is this relevant? Of all the causes of mortality out there to be worried about, getting killed in a sensational spree shooting isn't one of them. Unfortunately the human mind isn't that rational:

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2007/05/securitymatters_0517

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Remember one bullet can hit multiple people @
]

Ah yes, The Lone Gunman and the Magic Bullet.

An interesting fairy tale.

Reason
01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5V8xJdYHA

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Ah yes, The Lone Gunman and the Magic Bullet.

An interesting fairy tale.

Not any more...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1334114/New-US-Army-rifles-use-radio-controlled-smart-bullets-used-Afghanistan.html

No hiding place from new U.S. Army rifles that use radio-controlled smart bullets

* Weapon hailed as a game-changer that can fire up and over barriers and down into trenches
* Soldiers will start using them in Afghanistan later this month

The U.S. army is to begin using a futuristic rifle that fires radio-controlled 'smart' bullets in Afghanistan for the first time, it has emerged.

The XM25 rifle uses bullets that are programmed to explode when they have travelled a set distance, allowing enemies to be targeted no matter where they are hiding.

The rifle also has a range of 2,300 feet making it possible to hit targets which are well out of the reach of conventional rifles.

The XM25 is being developed specially for the U.S. army and will be deployed with troops from later this month, it was revealed today.

The rifle's gunsight uses a laser rangefinder to determine the exact distance to the obstruction, after which the soldier can add or subtract up to 3 metres from that distance to enable the bullets to clear the barrier and explode above or beside the target.

Soldiers will be able to use them to target snipers hidden in trenches rather than calling in air strikes.

The 25-millimetre round contains a chip that receives a radio signal from the gunsight as to the precise distance to the target.

Lt. Col. Christopher Lehner, project manager for the system, described the weapon as a ‘game-changer’ that other nations will try and copy.

He expects the Army to buy 12,500 of the XM25 rifles this year, enough for every member of the infantry and special forces.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/29/article-0-0C4787DA000005DC-786_634x354.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/29/article-0-0C4785AE000005DC-391_634x286.jpg

Hay, why pay 50 cents a round when you could pay $24.09 a round? The arms manufacturers will be very pleased!

There is a variant that can change course in route.

Your tax dollars at work!

:rolleyes:

This war is about to get a lot more expensive...

OH - and coming to a SWAT team near you - RSN!

-t

Endgame
01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
snip...

That's actually a grenade launcher. It's ridiculous to call a rifle grenade a "bullet". Stupid Brit media. This project was pretty much a boondoggle with the whole "OICW" thing in the early 00's, but it seems to be finally bearing some fruit. Not that I support using $80,000 heat-seeking anti-tank missiles to blow up mud huts in Afghanistan in support of a fruitless occupation, but this is simply something modern infantry should have.

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet but check out Giffords' official youtube channel subscriptions. WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/user/giffords2

http://i54.tinypic.com/sfe887.png

Bruno
01-09-2011, 11:17 AM
What is that? ^^^

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
What is that? ^^^

Classitup10 is Jared Loughner.

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 11:19 AM
That is some crazy shit right there. Whats going on, hacker?

Bruno
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Classitup10 is Jared Loughner.

That is very interesting, thanks.

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
What is that? ^^^

A link to a breadcrumb, The shooters alleged page.
one of her (2) subscriptions.

Bruno
01-09-2011, 11:24 AM
A link to a breadcrumb, The shooters alleged page.

Thanks. And odd it was only one of two she subscribed to.

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 11:25 AM
This screen shot was taken BEFORE the shooting! It would be different if she had 100s or 1000s of subscriptions on youtube, but she had 2, her shooter being one of them! WTF!?

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7531/2d6af69edcf4.jpg

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Clearly she was having a relationship with him and broke it off. (fuel for the fire)

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 11:30 AM
WTF! On December 2nd Griffords' youtube page WAS NOT subscribed to Jared Loughner's. So sometime between December 3rd and the beginning of Janaury she decided to subscribe to him.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LpBmYniaOpcJ:www.youtube.com/user/giffords2+http://www.youtube.com/user/giffords2&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Medical update:

She's in pretty good shape. Bullet only effected the left hemisphere and the neurosurgeons had to remove very little gray matter.

-t

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Clearly she was having a relationship with him and broke it off. (fuel for the fire)

Clearly that link was meant to be found (breadcrumb).
The real question is whether he created that page or someone else.

Bruno
01-09-2011, 11:32 AM
WTF! On December 2nd Griffords' youtube page WAS NOT subscribed to Jared Loughner's. So sometime between December 3rd and the beginning of Janaury she decided to subscribe to him.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LpBmYniaOpcJ:www.youtube.com/user/giffords2+http://www.youtube.com/user/giffords2&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Weird got weirder.

cavalier973
01-09-2011, 11:40 AM
So, how do we know this isn't photoshopped, or something?

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
So, how do we know this isn't photoshopped, or something?

Visit the link http://www.youtube.com/user/giffords2

If that is her real youtube page.

puppetmaster
01-09-2011, 11:42 AM
all this confusing info ....we must have control over the web so we can stop this kind of horrible misinformation....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?275029-Obama-is-locking-down-the-net-for-YOUR-safety!

TheDriver
01-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Her congressional website (http://www.giffords.house.gov/) links to the page, so it's her page!

Bruno
01-09-2011, 11:45 AM

I will try again later. I get a server error.

GoatsGoneWild
01-09-2011, 11:48 AM
What proof is there that the screenshot was taken before the shooting?

Maybe someone logged into her account after the fact.

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Her congressional website (http://www.giffords.house.gov/) links to the page, so it's her page!

Thanks I was looking and missed the link to the right! Damn!

MRoCkEd
01-09-2011, 11:51 AM
How do you know that screenshot was taken before the shooting?

Seems more likely the staffer running her youtube subscribed to the killer after the incident, to try and find more about his motivations, etc.

cavalier973
01-09-2011, 11:58 AM

Seems more likely the staffer running her youtube subscribed to the killer after the incident, to try and find more about his motivations, etc.

that makes sense. Now, my conspiracy theory:
1. The shooter dabbled in narcotics
2. The Congresswoman was a "Drug Warrior" who wanted to do some sort of regulation of ultralight planes, used by drug smugglers (I only half-listened to her speech)
3. The shooter did not arrive at the event alone....

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 12:01 PM
WTF! Now the google cache from December 2nd was just updated minutes ago to the present time. Good thing I screenshotted it.

http://i53.tinypic.com/t6floj.png

cavalier973
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Is there a way to verify the date of your screenshot?

squarepusher
01-09-2011, 12:08 PM

a staffer subscribed to the YouTube channel of would be assassin of said channel? that seems far off but not impossible

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Is there a way to verify the date of your screenshot?

The screenshot I just posted was taken from the December 2nd google cache, which I now can't access because the cache was updated to January 9th minutes ago.

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 12:11 PM
a staffer subscribed to the YouTube channel of would be assassin of said channel? that seems far off but not impossible

A member from the Above Top Secret forums had this screenshot which he claims was taken 2 days BEFORE the incident - http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread648427/pg54#pid10285537

Bruno
01-09-2011, 12:13 PM
The screenshot I just posted was taken from the December 2nd google cache, which I now can't access because the cache was updated to January 9th minutes ago.

Someone is reading RPF. Glad you caught it. I saw the date, too. Did you get a screenshot of that?

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
No proof at all.
Glocks are as common a gun as you will find. ( I personally don't like them) And are often recommended as a choice handgun.
They would be commonly available in any gun store.
High capacity magazines don't have to come from the "black market" as there are for sale legally and can be mail ordered.
Also common.
http://www.topglock.com/category/1676-Glock_High_Cap_Magazines.aspx
http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/336_Featured+Items/7275_Super+Hi-Capacity+Magazines/?return=%3f
Legal in Az. and that was a quick search, first references.

Eric Holder just confirmed it was a Glock 19 in a news conference. No word about an extended mag.

-t

ericsnow
01-09-2011, 12:19 PM
I did not get a screenshot of the date but I'm sure someone on the internet did. It will surface.

Bruno
01-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I did not get a screenshot of the date but I'm sure someone on the internet did. It will surface.

Odd timing, huh?

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Eric Holder just confirmed it was a Glock 19 in a news conference. No word about an extended mag.

-t

But was it his gun? did someone give it to him.? Did he buy it legally?
I had responded to someone that said it was an illegal weapon, But I had seen nothing to that effect.

I am more interested in ballistics. Did all the bullets come from that gun?

squarepusher
01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
check out some of the shooters internet posts

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/eyqt8/looks_like_jared_laughner_giffords_shooter_was_no/

wow, just wow

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 12:28 PM

-t

[UPDATE] He had 2 - 31 round mags, the spring in the second one failed to function and the gun was wrestled away from him. He was planning on a much higher body count.

They are now saying 20 total victims. Presumably the 2 new victims wounds were superficial.

-t

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 12:32 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/eyqt8/looks_like_jared_laughner_giffords_shooter_was_no/

wow, just wow
And just what evidence is there that any of that was this guy's writing?
or that his alleged web page was created by him?

aravoth
01-09-2011, 12:33 PM
A member from the Above Top Secret forums had this screenshot which he claims was taken 2 days BEFORE the incident - http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread648427/pg54#pid10285537

what the fuck? Why would the congresswoman's youtube page be a subscriber to the person that shot her in the face?

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
what the fuck? Why would the congresswoman's youtube page be a subscriber to the person that shot her in the face?

Shot her in the brain. The docs think the bullet entered the back of her head and exited the front, causing damage to her left orbit.

-t

squarepusher
01-09-2011, 12:41 PM
And just what evidence is there that any of that was this guy's writing?
or that his alleged web page was created by him?

its him, look at the writing and its his exact same stlye (and this is several years ago)

.. such as

What is wrong or right with the current date?

How is the current date right or wrong?

Why is or isn't this the date?

When is or isn't the date ending or beginning?

Today is July 7th 2010.

Why is the year infinite in the date?

Example:
Today is July 7th 20106201065484357846578415101595432484189549820106 54843578465784151015954324841895498201065484357846 57841510159543248418954982010654843578465784151015 95432484189549820106548435784657841510159543248418 95498201065484357846578415101595432484189549820106 54843578465784151015954324841895498201065484357846 57841510159543248418954982010654843578465784151015 95432484189549820106548435784657841510159543248418 95498201065484357846578415101595432484189549820106 54843578465784151015954324841895498201065484357846 57841510159543248418954982010654843578465784151015 95432484189549820106548435784657841510159543248418 95498201065484357846578415101595432484189549820106 54843578465784151015954324841895498201065484357846 57841510159543248418954982010654843578465784151015 95432484189549820106548435784657841510159543248418 95498201065484357846578415101595432484189549820106 54843578465784151015954324841895498548435784657841 51015954324841895498

This will or will not continue in year for how long?

What are the viewers thoughts of a infinite year?

and his name was Triple Dare on the internet, and on ATS used Erad3 (triple dare backwards kind of)

aravoth
01-09-2011, 12:41 PM
This Jared guy may have had a profile over at ATS. Link to it here... Sure as hell sounds like him.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/Erad3

Brian4Liberty
01-09-2011, 12:48 PM

wow, just wow

Interesting stuff. You won't see this in the MSM...

- When this guy went on their forum, people identified him as schizophrenic and urged him to get help.
- He had an obsession with NASA? Was this more about her husband (in his deranged mind)?

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 12:52 PM
its him, look at the writing and its his exact same stlye (and this is several years ago)

So folks are pulling some random nuts ramblings off of odd web sites and claiming it is him.
Where is the proof that it is from the same guy.

some anonymous guy on a (questionable) web site said so?

There is still NO Proof that the YouTube page was even created by him Or that he ever posted anything.
Speculation used as evidence.
wtf

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 12:53 PM
This Jared guy may have had a profile over at ATS. Link to it here... Sure as hell sounds like him.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/Erad3

link goes nowhere.
Blank page

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
So folks are pulling some random nuts ramblings off of odd web sites and claiming it is him.

The styles are similar. It could be, as Brian mentioned, more about the husband than the wife. In other words, it could be a non-political shooting by a deranged individual. I think this theory will be shot down promptly, as it would deflate a lot of the blustering going on about gun rights, inflammatory speech, and so on.

squarepusher
01-09-2011, 12:56 PM

his username is his normal handle backwards on ATS. I'm fairly sure its him and he keeps talking about this "ADE" and infinite years, etc..

The styles are similar. It could be, as Brian mentioned, more about the husband than the wife. In other words, it could be a non-political shooting by a deranged individual. I think this theory will be shot down promptly, as it would deflate a lot of the blustering going on about gun rights, inflammatory speech, and so on.

actually, this kind of seems to maybe be an unconscious thing. He worked as her staffer or invited to her meeting in 2007. Maybe he became obsessed with her kind of, and her husband being an austronaut. He doesn't seem political so these motives (like immigration or foreign policy) seem off. Maybe it was just him obsessed with this person in a romantic way

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
his username is his normal handle backwards on ATS.

Normal handle? Bacwards?
He has a normal "handle". The YouTube account was created recently. (October), And could have very well been created without his knowledge.

On the Reddit page

submitted 13 hours ago by [deleted]

ATS is filled with some wild ass bullshit and anonymous posters.
Show me something that definitively links this guy to that name. Otherwise it is just empty conjecture.

ApathyCuredRP
01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know a Democrat in history that caused violence and insanity in support of extreme Democrat ideas. We need to be able to deflect MSM backlash saying that people who are far smaller governement are violent and kill people (basically bringing Ron Paul in association with this crazy dude). If Ron can say "This is no different than person XX doing YY. Some people in this world are just uncontrollable. To assume and blame the movement on one crazy nutjob who happens to support smaller governemnt is immoral."

pcosmar
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know a Democrat in history that caused violence and insanity in support of extreme Democrat ideas. We need to be able to deflect MSM backlash saying that people who are far smaller governement are violent and kill people (basically bringing Ron Paul in association with this crazy dude). If Ron can say "This is no different than person XX doing YY. Some people in this world are just uncontrollable. To assume and blame the movement on one crazy nutjob who happens to support smaller governemnt is immoral."

Clinton comes to mind,.and there was that guy elected in Germany.
And this guy was a "D" that had worked in the democratic campaigns. ( and may not have done this alone)

The rest is propaganda.

ApathyCuredRP
01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Clinton comes to mind,.and there was that guy elected in Germany.
And this guy was a "D" that had worked in the democratic campaigns. ( and may not have done this alone)

The rest is propaganda.

Ok, I am sure Rand and Ron have canned responses ready to shoot down the propaganda in interviews

cavalier973
01-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Congresswoman Giffords voted to audit the Federal Reserve:
http://giffords.house.gov/fiscal-responsibility.shtml

ronpaulhawaii
01-09-2011, 02:29 PM
My GF was the victim of such violence...

http://biggovernment.com/capitolconfidential/2009/11/11/a-second-assault-in-st-louis-the-kelly-owens-story/

Here is the full video, all of those arrested were volunteers for Russ Carnahan (D-MO)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzEPcp3r7U

Kelly ended up having threats left on her doorstep, having to get restraining orders, and I finally got her out of there...

ItsTime
01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
My GF was the victim of such violence...

http://biggovernment.com/capitolconfidential/2009/11/11/a-second-assault-in-st-louis-the-kelly-owens-story/

Here is the full video, all of those arrested were volunteers for Russ Carnahan (D-MO)...

Kelly ended up having threats left on her doorstep, having to get restraining orders, and I finally got her out of there...

This should have been all over the news.

ronpaulhawaii
01-09-2011, 02:50 PM
This should have been all over the news.

Lots of stories like this have been swept away... and this happened soon after Obama said, "“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” ...

1000-points-of-fright
01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/giffords2

Watch her fox interview on this page from 3:25 - 3:50. We need to maintain our superiority over other countries? And people wonder why other countries hate us.

dannno
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
this happened soon after Obama said, "“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” ...

One of the greatest metal songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ScWiFX9ew

dannno
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
^finally got the right one up..

paulitics
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Lots of stories like this have been swept away... and this happened soon after Obama said, "“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” ...
Holy shit, I forgot about that quote. :p Jeezus, the double standard is off the charts. If Palin said that, we would never hear the end of it. Incredible.

paulitics
01-09-2011, 04:29 PM
The youtube guy who went ballistic at a government meeting and tried to shoot everyone but missed was a liberal. He was also obviously a V for Vendetta fan.

lester1/2jr
01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
why do people care so much who is blamed or what the mainstream media says? let em talk

Brian4Liberty
01-09-2011, 07:31 PM
why do people care so much who is blamed or what the mainstream media says? let em talk

Because "media talk" results in real legislative, judicial and executive action?

DadaOrwell
01-09-2011, 07:43 PM
FTL: Shot congresswoman was violent too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFwcUjjyJCQ

Free Talk Live's politically incorrect discussion, now illustrated. What crackdowns on innocents will occur as part of the backlash against this shooter? And was the gunman's congressional target aggressively violent in her own, "acceptable" way?

Vessol
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq3e3wT0PGU

Rothbardian Girl
01-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Have we figured out why her official YT page (I am assuming it is official) has only two subscribers, one of which could be her would-be assassin?
I also looked at this guy's alleged YT vids. The rambling English and nonsensical sentence structures makes me think that there was in fact something not quite right up there.

Anyway, what happened to the congresswoman is deplorable, despite the fact that she had some views with which I do not agree (but this is for another time, and I will not go too far into detail). It is not like she is some bastion of governmental corruption, either. She seemed to be genuinely interested in representing the views of her constituents... I sincerely hope that she, and all the other wounded, make a speedy recovery and that all goes well for them in the future. However, I cannot help worrying that this will only give congresspeople the excuse to hide from accountability even more, and I worry that the shooter will be painted as the typical Ron Paul, anti-government type. (I believe this is happening already.)

Finally, R.I.P to all that were killed.

angelatc
01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
ATS is filled with some wild ass bullshit and anonymous posters.
Show me something that definitively links this guy to that name. Otherwise it is just empty conjecture.

He used the same chart at ATS that he used in one of the videos. He's also going on about being the treasury of his own currency. I was skeptical until I read it, but I'm convinced it's him. Unless the ATS people backdated a bunch of posts, this stuff predates his current work.

Did I win? Did I win?

dannno
01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq3e3wT0PGU

That was awesome!

pcosmar
01-10-2011, 09:07 AM
He used the same chart at ATS that he used in one of the videos.

And you have some proof that the shooter produced those videos and was that anonymous poster on ATS.
You have WHAT proof that the shooter created that YouTube account?

My point is that those accounts could have been created by anyone. And if this guy is another one being "handled" that is even more likely.

There were 2 cases just recently where the FBI created a terrorist for Media purposes. And there are more nefarious agencies than the FBI.

klamath
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
WND has picked up this youtube channel angle. http://www.wnd.com/

heavenlyboy34
01-10-2011, 11:02 AM
That was awesome!

Indeed! The sociopathy of the regime and institutions that collude with it need to be discussed like this more often so they can eventually be dismantled.

Noob
01-11-2011, 04:34 AM
Shot Congresswoman will lead to naked body scans at public events?

http://uswgo.com/shot-congresswoman-will-lead-to-naked-body-scans-at-public-events.htm

Noob
01-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Democrats using this for more anti-gun laws...

Democrats in the House and Senate are preparing to introduce gun control legislation that would restrict high-capacity ammunition clips like the one used Saturday in the tragic shootings of 20 people in Arizona. Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), two of the most outspoken gun control advocates in Congress, are sponsoring the legislation in their respective chambers. "The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly," Lautenberg said in a statement. "These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market. Before 2004, these ammunition clips were banned, and they must be banned again." McCarthy, whose husband was killed and her son wounded in a 1993 shooting, told Politico that her "staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/dems-ready-gun-control-bill/