PDA

View Full Version : Amash and Iraq?

Agorism
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Has this guy endorsed Ron Paul at all?

Does he oppose Iraq?

amy31416
01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Apparently, he has no definitive position on Iraq...after googling Amash & foreign policy, I'm a bit concerned about where he stands.

erowe1
01-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Has this guy endorsed Ron Paul at all?

Endorsed him for what?

Amash donated quite a bit to RP's 2008 presidential campaign, if that counts. Amash was not in any elected office at that time.

specsaregood
01-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Apparently, he has no definitive position on Iraq...after googling Amash & foreign policy, I'm a bit concerned about where he stands.

That + his support for RP would indicate to me that he was flying under the radar to avoid neocon attacks.

tuco.sargent
01-08-2011, 04:58 PM
That + his support for RP would indicate to me that he was flying under the radar to avoid neocon attacks.

I would assume this as well. I'm sure he'll address it when the subject comes up.

amy31416
01-08-2011, 05:01 PM

That is my optimistic take on it. :)

Brett85
01-10-2011, 10:00 PM

My Congressman who just got elected was the same way. He was endorsed by Ron Paul which makes me think that he may at least be non interventionist leaning, but throughout the entire campaign he wouldn't say a word about foreign policy. I'm hoping that he's simply a closet non interventionist who was just trying to survive a Republican primary. I'll be watching how he votes.

HazyHusky420
01-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Probably a stealth neocon.

Even doctors make mistakes.

Brett85
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Probably a stealth neocon.

Even doctors make mistakes.

Ron Paul doesn't only endorse candidates who have the exact same views as him. If that were the case he wouldn't endorse anybody. But I'm hoping that Amash and my representative Tim Huelskamp will at least be non interventionist leaning.

brenden.b
01-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Ron Paul doesn't only endorse candidates who have the exact same views as him. If that were the case he wouldn't endorse anybody. But I'm hoping that Amash and my representative Tim Huelskamp will at least be non interventionist leaning.

Amash definitely leans heavily in the direction of non-intervention, if not full out, probably even more so than Rand.