PDA

View Full Version : Info on the straw poll voting days, times, and CFL-CPAC tickets

ronpaulhawaii
01-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Voting in the straw poll takes place between 9am-5pm on thursday and a COUPLE of hours on friday morning, typically from 9am-11am. Unless CPAC all of a sudden changes the rules this year for one reason or the other, these are the times the straw poll is open.

The strawpoll(s) are just tables set up throughout the conference. The tables are staffed by CPAC volunteers who oversee the process. You will not be able to miss these. Here is how the procedure works.

1. You go to one of the tables and ask to vote in the straw poll
2. A CPAC volunteer will ask you for your CPAC namebadge.
3. They will then take a hole punch to punch hole through the badge so you are only able to vote once.
4. You will be given the straw poll ballot, which includes questions on your demographic, political philosophy and includes a number of policy questions, including who you want to be the nominee for President in 2012. *Note, on occassion CPAC has instead asked, "Who do you THINK will be the nominee for President." Similar question, but slightly different.
5. You fill out the ballot, hand it to the volunteer and then you are done.

For those of you purchasing your ticket through CfL, the website is

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

If you use the promo code 3VOL you will be entered into my raffle

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?125-Attend-CPAC-with-3VOL-Win-Stuff!

About the CfL tickets:

1. Your CfL CPAC badge is the exact same as the general CPAC badge and gives you all the same access.

2. You will pick up your ticket from the Campaign for Liberty's booth in the CPAC exhibit hall, and not the general CPAC registration

3. All tickets must be picked up between 9am-5pm on Thursday, Feb 10th or between 8am-10am on Friday, Feb 11th.

4. No tickets will be distributed other than during these times. There are no exceptions to this rule.

5. Any ticket not claimed by 10am on Friday, Feb 11th will be forfeited and are not subject to a refund.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there, and representing those who cannot go

Onward!

malkusm
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Good info for first timers, good post.

jt8025
01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I have never been and was thinking about going even if only to vote for Ron Paul and then head back to GA. Not sure how many nights I can stay in expensive hotels. Might could convince my girlfriend to ride up there with me. I think it was about a 9 hour drive for me when I went to the Revolution March.

speciallyblend
01-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I have never been and was thinking about going even if only to vote for Ron Paul and then head back to GA. Not sure how many nights I can stay in expensive hotels. Might could convince my girlfriend to ride up there with me. I think it was about a 9 hour drive for me when I went to the Revolution March.

let me do some checking ok. We might have a place for you to crash in dc area. I have to chat with the other rpf member who offered his place to us but we already have rooms at omni,but he might be willing to help other rpf members who we refer:) i will have to check asap!!! i will send your rpf id to him!!

jt8025
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
let me do some checking ok. We might have a place for you to crash in dc area. I have to chat with the other rpf member who offered his place to us but we already have rooms at omni,but he might be willing to help other rpf members who we refer:) i will have to check asap!!! i will send your rpf id to him!!

Thanks for the thought. I believe I have convinced my girlfriend to go with me on the condition that what I get out of it is an extra vote for Ron Paul and what she gets out of it is mostly a tour of DC with little time spent at CPAC.

I think we are going to look into the Thurs and Fri hotel package CFL is offering. Drive up part way Wed. Stay at cheap hotel Wed night. Leave Sat around lunch.

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the thought. I believe I have convinced my girlfriend to go with me on the condition that what I get out of it is an extra vote for Ron Paul and what she gets out of it is mostly a tour of DC with little time spent at CPAC.

I think we are going to look into the Thurs and Fri hotel package CFL is offering. Drive up part way Wed. Stay at cheap hotel Wed night. Leave Sat around lunch.

:) - The more the merrier.

I imagine you have seen this post listing inexpensive motels along the Metro lines, from another thread, but I'll post it here anyway.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272167-Any-good-hotel-deals-in-the-city&p=3047368&viewfull=1#post3047368

muzzled dogg
01-11-2011, 11:42 AM
bummer @ voting times

speciallyblend
01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
blimpin for ticket info and voting times

Todd
01-27-2011, 09:22 AM
bump