PDA

View Full Version : Good Mick Mulvaney Interview

Imperial
01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
He is a newly elected Representative from SC-05, Spratt's old district. During the campaign he opposed the Patriot Act and declared he was a libertarian. Be warned, the ThinkProgress article (http://thinkprogress.org/2011/01/05/mulvaney-debt-ceiling-doesnt/) is loaded with innuendo if you want to read it, but it has a link to the video. I will post an excerpt from the interview.

FOX BUSINESS HOST: You’re saying you just want to bring up the issue of spending, which a lot of people agree is the key issue of our time, or are you saying you’d vote to not raise the amount of money our government can borrow and risk the possibility of a default on our debt?

MULVANEY: It depends, if we don’t make structural changes, if we don’t actually send the message to the markets, to the people to businesses that we’re going to be fiscally responsible then yeah I won’t vote to raise the debt ceiling I have no difficulty in doing that. I think it’s important that that message does get out and if that’s the opportunity we have to force a discussion on that issue then I say we do that.

HOST: That goes back to my original question, what do you think would happen if the debt ceiling wasn’t raised?

MULVANEY: Well, I don’t know. I’ve asked that question, I’ve asked that question a lot. I’ve heard Goolsbee on Sunday say it’d be catastrophic, I’ve heard others say that. I’ve asked the question what does that mean? What does catastrophic mean? No one seems to have the answer to that. I did some research last night from CRS, they don’t even know what that means. I think they’re guessing.

malkusm
01-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I expect Mulvaney to be a DeMint-type conservative.