PDA

View Full Version : What is stopping YOU from CPAC 2011??

speciallyblend
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Hello Internet Tubes, If your a RPF member and you want to go to CPAC 2011 i think you need to start a chipin TOADY!! We will all help if you need assistance on getting there!

We NEED YOU THERE!!!!! so please consider going to CPAC 2011 and if you need assistance i am sure rpf members will find away to help!!!

ps if your thinking about it? Then you should be going!!!!!

hazek
01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
What's stopping me? Being an American. So sorry. :P

TheTyke
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
What's stopping me? Being an American. So sorry. :P

I think you just need a ticket to vote, don't you? Not a particular citizenship? :P

speciallyblend
01-07-2011, 02:19 PM
we shouldn't be encouraging non-americans to vote at cpac. i am sure hazek has an american friend that should go:) who knows?

TheTyke
01-07-2011, 02:20 PM
we shouldn't be encouraging non-americans to vote at cpac. i am sure hazek has an american friend that should go:) who knows?

Haha, good point... the old media would probably love to use that as another excuse to explain away their loss...

TheeJoeGlass
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I say let whoever wants to go, go. Would you stop a foreigner from donating money to the campaign? I would'nt.

Matt Collins
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I say let whoever wants to go, go. Would you stop a foreigner from donating money to the campaign? I would'nt.
Yes, because it causes problems with the FEC.

muzzled dogg
01-08-2011, 06:09 PM
i think what hazek was saying he's an american and that's stopping him from going to this congregation of vile authoritarian neocon filth

Son of Detroit
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Not 18, etc.

Suzu
01-09-2011, 08:47 AM
The money. I have $0.00 to spare.

Zack
01-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I would friggen love to go, but airfare+half a hotel room would be over $500 from WA state, which seems like a bit much to be asking for in a chip-in. Especially since there are a lot of RP supporters out there that are actually in driving/Greyhound range, that probably won't attend. If you're in that group, I really beg that you consider trying to get a ticket and a (week)day off so you can at least stop by and drop your vote in the straw poll, if nothing else. If you're worried about money, you probably can get the extra $100-200 or so you might need through a chip-in or something. And if there are any millionaires out there that are trying to get west coasters to fly in by throwing them $500 a pop, by all means add me to your list :-)

jth_ttu
01-09-2011, 12:34 PM
The Fact that it is 15 hours away is a pretty good deterent for me

MelissaWV
01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Health concerns, both mine and those of the people I take care of.

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2011, 12:40 PM
The Fact that it is 15 hours away is a pretty good deterent for me

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/wile%20e%20coyote%20rocket.jpg

:D

Or you could just grab your skate board and hold on real tight to The Collins bumper.... :D

-t

Kregisen
01-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Money is an issue but the biggest one is school.

brandon
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Lack of vacation time.

I only get 10 paid days of vacation per year, and there are a lot of more fun ways to use them than going to a political convention. Though I do really wish I could go.

speciallyblend
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I would friggen love to go, but airfare+half a hotel room would be over $500 from WA state, which seems like a bit much to be asking for in a chip-in. Especially since there are a lot of RP supporters out there that are actually in driving/Greyhound range, that probably won't attend. If you're in that group, I really beg that you consider trying to get a ticket and a (week)day off so you can at least stop by and drop your vote in the straw poll, if nothing else. If you're worried about money, you probably can get the extra $100-200 or so you might need through a chip-in or something. And if there are any millionaires out there that are trying to get west coasters to fly in by throwing them $500 a pop, by all means add me to your list :-)

well i am coming from colorado, you should really think about going ok;) just add your costs up and see how youre chipin goes. if for some reason you do not make your goal .Then donate to someone else!! I made a 550 goal within 1 week! We will all figure out away for you to go. I might also have an rpf member who might be able to help you out with a place to stay!! The smaller chipins will be filled even if i have to figure out away to donate money myself to them. so consider going;)

tekkierich
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
new born baby in the house! Although I will be at the RLC convention on the weekend for one day.

speciallyblend
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
new born baby in the house! Although I will be at the RLC convention on the weekend for one day.

you going to the sat dinner? i was thinking about attending some of the rlc.

jth_ttu
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/wile%20e%20coyote%20rocket.jpg

:D

Or you could just grab your skate board and hold on real tight to The Collins bumper.... :D

-t

Does a Rocket Ride require TSA screening?

Legend1104
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Family obligations, money, distance, and work. I wish I could but I cannot, but if you are thinking about going and can please do.

Promontorium
01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
2,775.5 miles and 13 states. And anyway, nobody likes me :(

lolololollolololololol

Corydoras
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Major surgery at the end of January!

bobbygrant
01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
No ride, and ill be in school inAlbany. NY. now if i get a ride, ill go =).

speciallyblend
01-09-2011, 06:22 PM

i would make a thread in general politics and explain what you need. I would bet someone from the area might be going and willing to pick you up, try making a thread in gp!!!!

tekkierich
01-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I should be there for the whole Saturday program.

guitarlifter
01-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Definitely money for me. All feel free to donate money to cynthiamessner@yahoo.com on paypal, and I will go if I get enough money. If not, I will donate it to someone who can.

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Does a Rocket Ride require TSA screening?

Probably not, but don't let the F-16's bite! :D

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Why not set up a ride board thread?

Probably best to do it by highway. Main ones are 5 across, 7 vertical. Could also do it by region or time zone.

-t

speciallyblend
01-10-2011, 01:46 AM
I should be there for the whole Saturday program.

if you dont register thursday(all day) or friday (morning window) at certain times. then you cannot vote!:(

JVParkour
01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I can't find a place to stay. Adams Inn is sold out, and I don't have the money for anything more expensive...

Chester Copperpot
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I dont have a car right now. Im only 4 hours or so away from DC.

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2011, 10:03 AM

We might be able to help with that. Send me a PM

I dont have a car right now. Im only 4 hours or so away from DC.

and that as well

Chester Copperpot
01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
We might be able to help with that. Send me a PM

and that as well

yeah? well let me know. i live in NJ.

Jeremy
01-10-2011, 10:12 AM
I can't find a place to stay. Adams Inn is sold out, and I don't have the money for anything more expensive...

you can maybe stay with us again (omni). shouldnt be more expensive than adams inn, but i cant remember how much that was

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2011, 10:13 AM
yeah? well let me know. i live in NJ.

Northern, or Southern?

Chester Copperpot
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Northern, or Southern?

central lol

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
central lol

lulz... I just sent a msg to a well connected friend NJ to start the ball rolling, will let you know. I think we need to get serious about organizing "ronvoys"

Update:
Have the person that needs a ride email me, I can probably find them a ride
down, I'm the mayor of liberty here in the Garden state.

PM me an email and I'll get you two in touch

speciallyblend
01-10-2011, 12:33 PM

hmmm let me check on a place to stay for you ok;) we will figure this out!

speciallyblend
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
you can maybe stay with us again (omni). shouldnt be more expensive than adams inn, but i cant remember how much that was

3 days at omni and a cpac ticket for 214, might have a house for some rpf members still waiting on news for that!!

speciallyblend
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
bottom line it is 214 for 3 days w cpac ticket at the omni to room with others! This is your best option if money is the issue . Then please start a chipin and rpf will do our best to fill it!!

J.K. Baltzersen
01-12-2011, 12:33 AM
What's stopping me is:

conflicting event on my calendar
limited vacation time
new TSA procedures
a trans-Atlantic flight
(probably) soaring hotel prices less than a month before the conference commences

That being said, I would like to go to CPAC, but unfortunately it won't be CPAC 2011.

I would also like to vote for Ron Paul at the straw poll, but I am a subject of a foreign Prince, so I

shouldn't vote
probably am not allowed to vote

ronpaulhawaii
01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
What's stopping me is:

conflicting event on my calendar
limited vacation time
new TSA procedures
a trans-Atlantic flight
(probably) soaring hotel prices less than a month before the conference commences

That being said, I would like to go to CPAC, but unfortunately it won't be CPAC 2011.

I would also like to vote for Ron Paul at the straw poll, but I am a subject of a foreign Prince, so I

shouldn't vote
probably am not allowed to vote

Too bad you cannot go this year. You'd most certainly be welcome. I'm not sure the ethics of voting in the straw poll, American presidents do affect the world at large...

That said though, we could certainly use your help. I have a set up a way to sponsor RP people that would otherwise not be able to go, You can read about by clicking the banner in my sig. Any help will be much appreciated

WorldonaString
01-12-2011, 01:14 AM
CPAC will be amazing! Anyone wanna fly me in from China? ;)

J.K. Baltzersen
01-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Too bad you cannot go this year. You'd most certainly be welcome.

Thank you.

I'm not sure the ethics of voting in the straw poll, American presidents do affect the world at large...

I see your point. On the other hand, we might start with ourselves, not meddling in the affairs of other nations.

That being said, the main issue is perhaps not ethical. If we assume there is no strict control with citizenship at the straw poll, it probably isn't worth the trouble caused by someone getting hold of the fact that foreigners are voting.