PDA

View Full Version : AP EXCLUSIVE: US says too much fluoride in water

ronpaulhawaii
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/ap/us_med_fluoride_levels

In the article they call it a "mineral" with a pop-up link describing a mineral as an "inorganic nutrient"

:rolleyes:

Bruno
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Can I take off my tin foil hat?

TonySutton
01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know the annual cost in the US of fluoridating water?

ronpaulhawaii
01-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Good question!

From WIKI:

Fluoridation costs an estimated $0.95 per person-year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

dannno
01-07-2011, 02:43 PM

2-4 IQ points per person-year

dannno
01-08-2011, 02:16 AM
bump

liberalnurse
01-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Can I take off my tin foil hat?

My son who is now 24, remembers very clearly in Elementary School sitting by himself in the back of the classroom because I was the only parent who refused to allow those in school Floride treatments and he hated me for it. I also allowed the dentist to do only one floride treatment a year. We've had fliters on our water for years. My friends all thought I was just a bit nuts. So yeah, I guess we can take off our tinfoil hats now.

Chester Copperpot
01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
My son who is now 24, remembers very clearly in Elementary School sitting by himself in the back of the classroom because I was the only parent who refused to allow those in school Floride treatments and he hated me for it. I also allowed the dentist to do only one floride treatment a year. We've had fliters on our water for years. My friends all thought I was just a bit nuts. So yeah, I guess we can take off our tinfoil hats now.

good for you! (and your son)

Kelly.
01-11-2011, 02:10 PM

can you tell me what kind of filters you have?
thanks in advance.

Bruno
01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
good for you! (and your son)

+ 1

HealthWyze
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm looking for the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for fluoride. I know its coming. Seriously, though, it's a poison and part of the reason that so many Americans are overweight, because it cripples the thyroid.

jmdrake
01-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Rachel Maddow owes the JBS an apology. (Although I wish the JBS had stuck to the health effects argument as opposed to the "It sets the precedence for other bad stuff" argument. Both arguments are legit, but one is more direct.)

BlackTerrel
01-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm looking for the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for fluoride. I know its coming. Seriously, though, it's a poison and part of the reason that so many Americans are overweight, because it cripples the thyroid.

Or more likely a lot of Americans eat a shit ton of fast food, soda, and candy and do not exercise enough.

People who want to read more into this article will.

HealthWyze
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Or more likely a lot of Americans eat a shit ton of fast food, soda, and candy and do not exercise enough.

People who want to read more into this article will.

Of course, but all of those things are cited regularly. Everybody knows that soda and junk food make you fat, but people don't realize that they're drinking a poison that will cause their thyroid to shut down and lead to obesity, stupidity, passivity, etc.