PDA

View Full Version : US Teen Arrested, Tortured then put on no fly list...

coastie
01-07-2011, 10:13 AM
...,barred from re-entry into the US. Oh yeah, I forgot too mention that HE HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH ANY CRIME!!!

All emphasis mine:

Indeed, although Mazzetti writes that he was detained and beaten by Kuwait captors, Mohamed actually has no idea who was responsible, and told me that at least some of the people interrogating him spoke English. He has been told that he will be deported back to the U.S., but is now on a no-fly list and has no idea when he will be released. American officials told Mazzetti that "Mr. Mohamed is on a no-fly list and, for now at least, cannot return to the United States." He's been charged with no crime and presented with no evidence of any wrongdoing.

...the idea that they(Kuwait)would do this to an American citizen without the American government's knowledge, if not its assent and participation, is implausible in the extreme. That much of the information they sought from Mohamed is of particular interest to the U.S. Government only bolsters that likelihood.

Continued http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/01/06/kuwait/index.html

Listening to the podcast of the interview really brings it to light-this kid sounds like your "normal" 19 yr old neighbor.

By normal I mean of course not having a Middle eastern accent, and growing up 9/10's of his life in the US, and schooled here. As a test just several minutes ago, a neocon acquaintance dropped by. He agreed to listen to the podcast without reading the background or knowing this kids name. I only told him the basics: 19 yr old US teenager, never been out of US, went to Yemen and Kuwait to study Arabic and Islam. This, of course raised his eyebrows a little(go figure), but he listened and seemed genuinely disturbed that his beloved .gov would do such a thing to a "normal" teenager in the US...until I revealed his name and showed him his picture, and then your typical neocon drivel ensued all the way out of the house and down the driveway to his truck:p.

This is what Amerikka is now. The parallels with the beginnings of neo-Nazi Germany are stunning. I even briefly brought that up to him, and he recanted with the typical "shock" at my "unpatriotic" comment, how dare I compare us to them!!!!!:rolleyes:

Me asking him if he thought that Hitler sprung his gun control, freedom restrictions and extermination camps over night in Germany resulted in his intellect hitting a brick wall at Mach 5, and it showed on his face.:o K /rant

Now i wonder...Would people "be in the streets" if this was your "normal", white pimply faced high school footbal kid named Mike, or Mohamed for that matter??? What about the just graduated star cheerleader named Christina? What if her name was Nasira?:mad:

Podcast is at bottom of article.
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/01/06/kuwait/index.html

coastie
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
//

Bern
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
They aren't hassling me. I don't care. <buries head in sand> /America

Reason
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
They aren't hassling me. I don't care. <buries head in sand> /America

Indeed.

Philhelm
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
What the fuck is wrong with these people? Seriously, they detain someone for a damned No Fly List, and feel the need to start beating him for the hell of it? Make no mistake, these people are evil. Those that are our masters are evil. Our fight for liberty isn't just some political cause, but literally a war between good and evil.

CUnknown
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
What the fuck is wrong with these people? Seriously, they detain someone for a damned No Fly List, and feel the need to start beating him for the hell of it? Make no mistake, these people are evil. Those that are our masters are evil. Our fight for liberty isn't just some political cause, but literally a war between good and evil.

Normally, I would try to refrain from demonizing the other side and say something conciliatory. But fuck that, you're right, these people are evil. I can't see any other way to view this. The liberty movement is a fight for the soul of America, reclaiming it from a sinister and brutal evil.

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Now i wonder...Would people "be in the streets" if this was your "normal", white pimply faced high school footbal kid named Mike, or Mohamed for that matter??? What about the just graduated star cheerleader named Christina? What if her name was Nasira

Nope.

Men have been chemically castrated, women support such things, and even a whole trainload of people witnessing Oscar Grant being executed on a subway platform barely elicited a yawn from the Americunts.

The only thing that will bring them out in the streets will be when the government cheese runs out.

And that's why the regime has the control grid in place, for when that day happens.

They'll crack down with an iron fist, and what little resistance you'll see will dry up and blow away like a summer rain shower.

amy31416
01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Nope.

Men have been chemically castrated, women support such things, and even a whole trainload of people witnessing Oscar Grant being executed on a subway platform barely elicited a yawn from the Americunts.

The only thing that will bring them out in the streets will be when the government cheese runs out.

And that's why the regime has the control grid in place, for when that day happens.

They'll crack down with an iron fist, and what little resistance you'll see will dry up and blow away like a summer rain shower.

Kind of crazy when you think about how much things have changed since Rodney King's time--didn't a huge number of blacks riot, and he wasn't even the most innocent of fellows, merely (relative term) in response to cops using excessive force? They didn't even murder him, like Oscar Grant, or the little girl shot in the neck in Detroit.

Is it something in the water? The food? The conditioning? I can't figure it out....

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Kind of crazy when you think about how much things have changed since Rodney King's time--didn't a huge number of blacks riot, and he wasn't even the most innocent of fellows, merely (relative term) in response to cops using excessive force? They didn't even murder him, like Oscar Grant, or the little girl shot in the neck in Detroit.

Is it something in the water? The food? The conditioning? I can't figure it out....

EXACTLY!!

Right or wrong, half of LA was shut down because of rioting over the Rodney King incident. At least there was some kind of response.

Maybe it's because people realize that it doesn't do any good?

I was in NYC in 2004, during the GOP convention, a half a million people took to the streets in protest over the wars and conditions in general.

Outside of local media, barely a word of it was mentioned. Google it today, and there's not a whole lot of MSM articles about it.

And what is causing the chemical castration of men?

By that I mean the clinical observations of reduced sperm counts and testosterone levels in men, worldwide.

Philhelm
01-07-2011, 06:33 PM
EXACTLY!!

Right or wrong, half of LA was shut down because of rioting over the Rodney King incident. At least there was some kind of response.

Maybe it's because people realize that it doesn't do any good?

I was in NYC in 2004, during the GOP convention, a half a million people took to the streets in protest over the wars and conditions in general.

Outside of local media, barely a word of it was mentioned. Google it today, and there's not a whole lot of MSM articles about it.

And what is causing the chemical castration of men?

By that I mean the clinical observations of reduced sperm counts and testosterone levels in men, worldwide.

Maybe there should be a study on the longterm effects of swallowing gallons of semen?

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Maybe there should be a study on the longterm effects of swallowing gallons of semen?

Uh, wut?

Philhelm
01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Uh, wut?

Nevermind, bad joke.

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Nevermind, bad joke.

Oh?

Ohhhhhh...

OH!

LoLZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF84k1be-Uk

AxisMundi
01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
...This is what Amerikka is now. The parallels with the beginnings of neo-Nazi Germany are stunning. ...

You're not old enough to remember the Cold War, I take it? McCarthyism? Thousands of American citizens "deported" for being suspected of being Commies? American Atheists bullied at every turn by our g'ment and citizens? Neither of us remember WWII, of course, but are you aware of the history of Civil Right at that time?

Look, this is absolutely reprehensible. An American citizen should be able to freely travel across our own borders. This is a hysterical over-reaction first put in place by the Bush43 Regime and kept in place by BHO's administration. A perfect case of terrorists winning their fight.

But let's keep these important concerns grounded in rational reality, shall we?

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 08:02 PM
"Rational realists" are the ones telling us all of this nonsense is for our own good.

Even at the apex of cold war nonsense, government was not claiming the right to stick it's hand down the pants of children at airports, just as an example.

The last thing people should be right now is "calmly rational" since the system has couched the terms of the debate in such a way as to make the system's insanity appear "rational".

People should be pissed off.

You're not old enough to remember the Cold War, I take it? McCarthyism? Thousands of American citizens "deported" for being suspected of being Commies? American Atheists bullied at every turn by our g'ment and citizens? Neither of us remember WWII, of course, but are you aware of the history of Civil Right at that time?

Look, this is absolutely reprehensible. An American citizen should be able to freely travel across our own borders. This is a hysterical over-reaction first put in place by the Bush43 Regime and kept in place by BHO's administration. A perfect case of terrorists winning their fight.

AxisMundi
01-07-2011, 08:27 PM
"Rational realists" are the ones telling us all of this nonsense is for our own good.

Even at the apex of cold war nonsense, government was not claiming the right to stick it's hand down the pants of children at airports, just as an example.

The last thing people should be right now is "calmly rational" since the system has couched the terms of the debate in such a way as to make the system's insanity appear "rational".

People should be pissed off.

Never said people shouldn't be pissed. That is something you invented in your usual "debate" style of distraction, ad hominem, non sepuitur, and straw men.

However, indulging in simple hysteria (like claiming this is some beginning of Nazi-like fascism) not only shows an unwillingness to address simple history, but detracts from the fight for rational laws when the sheeple stop to gather their pitchforks and torches for an ineffectual and counter-productive demonstration of political hackery.

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 08:57 PM
non sepuitur

LoL, actually had to look that up, thought I missed one along the way...

QueenB4Liberty
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Exactly. Man this is a depressing night.

agitator
01-07-2011, 09:21 PM
That is something you invented in your usual "debate" style of distraction, ad hominem, non sepuitur, and straw men.

Are you serious?

oyarde
01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Exactly. Man this is a depressing night.

Philhelm sometimes has a way with words .

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Are you serious?

Gah, after reading that VVV, I suspect he is.

Originally Posted by AxisMundi
rights are granted, indirectly, by the Constitution...
rights are granted through the government.

coastie
01-07-2011, 10:52 PM

(naively)Listening to the people in power who spout your shit are exactly what got former communist/fascist/Marxist countries -and the US-in the same waters. We're in now at bare minimum tits deep, if not over our heads entirely.

"You're over reacting, everything is fine." "You're not in reality"..."This is for the Security of the Homeland"

I'm not saying they're gonna set up extermination camps and round people up overnight(and I think you really know that)...but we're a hair away from it all becoming reality, in some shape or form. It's already here.

I could go on for hours, but I've got some relaxing to do. You know the "typical" arguments I'd bring up, I mean shit-you're on a freaking Ron Paul site. :p

Yes, I grew up during the cold war(I'm 34), and while I dont remember the particulars of what was going on-I do remember always feeling scared....that we were going to go to World War III with the Soviets. That Red Dawn was true and the Soviets really would/could invade us.( I remember "training" -with real guns-:p in the woods/cotton/soy bean fields of central Louisiana from 10-14 yrs old because of the Rambos and Commando and Red Dawn.:cool:)

Everything we watched, TV, news, movies-all involved Communist Russia the arch enemy, nuclear war was always a very real possibility ( I have no opinion on whether it was or not, and am about to start researching it).

My dad's even got a cool certificate thanking him for his "service" in the Air Force during The Cold War™:rolleyes:

It wasn't until I was a little older that I realized that during that time period, everything I watched or observed-revolved around propaganda.I saw the same thing with Kosovo. Same thing with The Gulf War™, Gulf War II/War on Terror™, Afghanistan,Pakistan,Yemen,et al). I've been keenly aware of what's going on, and we're slowly, but DAMN SURELY moving towards repeating a history you like to pretend can't happen here.:rolleyes:

AxisMundi
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
(naively)Listening to the people in power who spout your shit are exactly what got former communist/fascist/Marxist countries -and the US-in the same waters. We're in now at bare minimum tits deep, if not over our heads entirely.

"You're over reacting, everything is fine." "You're not in reality"..."This is for the Security of the Homeland"

I'm not saying they're gonna set up extermination camps and round people up overnight(and I think you really know that)...but we're a hair away from it all becoming reality, in some shape or form. It's already here.

I could go on for hours, but I've got some relaxing to do. You know the "typical" arguments I'd bring up, I mean shit-you're on a freaking Ron Paul site. :p

Yes, I grew up during the cold war(I'm 34), and while I dont remember the particulars of what was going on-I do remember always feeling scared....that we were going to go to World War III with the Soviets. That Red Dawn was true and the Soviets really would/could invade us.( I remember "training" -with real guns-:p in the woods/cotton/soy bean fields of central Louisiana from 10-14 yrs old because of the Rambos and Commando and Red Dawn.:cool:)

Everything we watched, TV, news, movies-all involved Communist Russia the arch enemy, nuclear war was always a very real possibility ( I have no opinion on whether it was or not, and am about to start researching it).

My dad's even got a cool certificate thanking him for his "service" in the Air Force during The Cold War™:rolleyes:

It wasn't until I was a little older that I realized that during that time period, everything I watched or observed-revolved around propaganda.I saw the same thing with Kosovo. Same thing with The Gulf War™, Gulf War II/War on Terror™, Afghanistan,Pakistan,Yemen,et al). I've been keenly aware of what's going on, and we're slowly, but DAMN SURELY moving towards repeating a history you like to pretend can't happen here.:rolleyes:

I've got earrings older than you. :D

While I missed the height of the Cold War in the mid 1950's, I am old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and participated quite regularly in Duck and Cover exercises (or the Kiss Your Add Goodbye Maneuver, as we called it). The "Cold War" of the 1970's was nothing compared to the earlier decades.

And yes, my whole point concerning much of the Cold War is indeed propaganda, the same fear techniques used by those who spout off hysteria concerning Nazis, Commies, et cetera.

And no, I never claimed that we would not heading towards a country where our Constitutional Rights would be severely impacted. It's happening already.

My POINT here is to note that participating in Cold War style propaganda and O'Rielly/Limbaugh hysterics will solve nothing. We the People must approach this calmly, rationally, examining each and every bit of legislation our Elected Employees and their subordinates make.

Spouting off empty rhetoric makes most people just roll their eyes, turn away, and ignore the message. Hysterics will NOT change this Nation.