PDA

View Full Version : JPMorgan exec to be White House chief of staff

Marenco
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/obama-chooses-jpmorgan-exec-william-daley-chief-staff/

JPMorgan Chase & Co. executive and former commerce secretary William Daley was chosen Thursday to be President Obama's new White House chief of staff, according to published reports.

Sixty-two year old Daley is brother of outgoing Chicago major Richard Daley and has close ties to former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and outgoing White House senior adviser David Axelrod. He will be replacing interim chief of staff Peter Rouse.

Rouse stepped in when Obama's first chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, decided to run for mayor of Chicago.

"Bill Daley is a man of stature and extraordinary experience in government, business, trade negotiations, and global affairs," Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue said. "He's an accomplished manager and strong leader. We look forward to working with him to accelerate our recovery, grow the economy, create jobs, and tackle America's global challenges."

Daley serves on JPMorgan's Executive Committee in charge of Corporate Responsibility and is a board member of the pharmaceutical company Merck.

Brian4Liberty
01-06-2011, 11:57 PM
What the heck, why not dig up Al Capone and make him Chief of Staff?

Bruno
01-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Inbreeding never has good results.

Liberty_Mike
01-07-2011, 12:32 AM
I guess he didn't pick JP Morgan's CEO Jamie Dimon, because Dimon is content with his spot on the board of directors at the Federal Resreve Bank of New York!
http://www.ny.frb.org/aboutthefed/org_nydirectors.html

Also, not surprising to hear this Daley Sooge's brother is mayor of Chicago. Funny how Obama picks staff that have strong ties to corrupt Chicago based politics.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Daley serves on JPMorgan's Executive Committee in charge of Corporate Responsibility and is a board member of the pharmaceutical company Merck.

Good grief, the Daley machine is in charge of corporate responsibility for JPMorgan???

specsaregood
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
The liberals that hate "wall street" must be so proud.

Sola_Fide
01-07-2011, 09:12 AM
The liberals that hate "wall street" must be so proud.

Ahhhh yes...Obama, the progressive people's champion*

*um, I mean corporatist Wall Street whore

specsaregood
01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Ahhhh yes...Obama, the progressive people's champion*
*um, I mean corporatist Wall Street whore

I have some compassion though. They got played just as badly as the conservatives that bought Bush's "more humble foreign policy" spiel. He just created a whole new segment of liberals just as jaded as many of us.

amy31416
01-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I have some compassion though. They got played just as badly as the conservatives that bought Bush's "more humble foreign policy" spiel. He just created a whole new segment of liberals just as jaded as many of us.

Yes indeed. And how easily people forget when they want to mock the "other" side.

amy31416
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh, just found this article suggesting that Daley strongarmed Gibbs out: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100070830/robert-gibbs-was-forced-out-by-william-daley/

Wonder what Daley's motivations/aspirations could be....(if true.)

Sola_Fide
01-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Yes. You're right. Although I think that progressives are not opposed to corporatism in principle, because to be truly oppose corporatism you must oppose government intervention in the market, and they don't.