PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Christians...

rodent
10-21-2007, 09:31 PM
//

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Well said

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
I agree.

max
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Pastor Hucksterbee is a fraud

thehittgirl
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I have tried to get through to many Christians. They just won't listen. :(

SpicyItalian739
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
The state is trying to hijack Christianity in the same way that Islam was hijacked in the Middle East. These men are distorting the words of Jesus on camera! No good Christian should fall for this.

crhoades
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
FWIW, had people from my church attend the Nashville Rally the other weekend. I have someone from there with a sign in the yard. Pastor will be voting for Paul in the primaries. Overall, I would say that my church leans RP. Got a few Fred supporters but I'm working on them. :)

I was able to teach a series of Sunday School lectures on Abraham Kuyper's Lectures on Calvinism. One of the lectures is on politics and I was able to teach on Just War Theory.

Christians should wholesale move quickly away from neoconservativism but I regret that dispensational views of Israel will not afford them the opportunity.

I was also at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago for a class and handed out slim jims to other students who asked me about Ron Paul because I was wearing an Iowa Straw Poll shirt and a liberty bracelet.

MO4RonPaul
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi, (first post) I am a Christian and I am voting for Ron Paul. OP that was very well stated!

jb4ronpaul
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm doing pretty well with Catholics. got 2 families at my church interested in rp. Pope is against the war but we need to communicate how freedom = true social justice.

rodent
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I have tried to get through to many Christians. They just won't listen. :(

Maybe we can work on a better flier for Christians.

Frankly, if I were Christian, I would be downright offended that I'd need the government to validate my religion. It's as if God's word isn't enough. IMO, if you accept Christ, you accept that his word and his teachings stand alone, untouched.

I don't believe Islamo-fascism will undermine the church. I believe big-government will undermine the church. The church is important in our society because it gives people a connecting point on which to build strong communities. At what point do Christians stop and draw a line and disconnect themselves from the government?

For example, churches have "tax exempt" status. So the government has a right to control what you say and how you should organize politically, even if you're acting in the interests of Christ's message? That makes no sense. This has to stop and this is insanity.

I repeat: Big government is more of a threat to Christ's message than a worshiper of Allah. The Christian way of life will die within the century unless we prevent big government from forcing itself through the walls of the church NOW.

M.Bellmore
10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
What we need is a strong candidate comparison chart we can leave in the church atriums. I talked to a leader at my church (I am new) and he seemed afraid on leaving one candidates literature, but if we could build a candidate comparison chart on one side, and explain a few of the key issues on the other (Just War theory, etc) it could go a long way.

Wyurm
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
It would be nice if more christians posted Ron Paul videos on www.godtube.com. Just a thought.

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
but I regret that dispensational views of Israel will not afford them the opportunity

Herein lies the problem with most modern-day Christians. They have been taught over and over that the U.S. MUST support Israel or face God's wrath for not doing so. Sadly, a great many do not actually know what's in their Bibles, only what they have been told from the pulpit and, frankly, too many ministers are afraid to actually preach the gospel anymore for fear of losing their 501(c) tax-exempt status. Once again, government control and taxation win out over what's best for the Nation.

crhoades
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM

Frankly, if I were Christian, I would be downright offended that I'd need the government to validate my religion. It's as if God's word isn't enough. IMO, if you accept Christ, you accept that his word and his teachings stand alone, untouched.

I don't believe Islamo-fascism will undermine the church. I believe big-government will undermine the church. The church is important in our society because it gives people a connecting point on which to build strong communities. At what point do Christians stop and draw a line and disconnect themselves from the government?

For example, churches have "tax exempt" status. So the government has a right to control what you say and how you should organize politically, even if you're acting in the interests of Christ's message? That makes no sense. This has to stop and this is insanity.

I repeat: Big government is more of a threat to Christ's message than a worshiper of Allah. The Christian way of life will die within the century unless we prevent big government from forcing itself through the walls of the church NOW.

The early Christians were fed to the lions not because they worshipped Jesus because the Romans were polytheists. They were killed because they wouldn't claim Caesar as Lord. They would only claim Jesus as Lord. IOW, they wouldn't go along with state worship. And now, we go happily along with saying that Bush is Lord and all is well...

:(

ckhagen
10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I totally agree (evangelical Christian, btw). As soon as I get some cash for slim-jims, some friends and myself will be plastering all the car windows in the lot on a Sunday morning.

I find it a shame that, as Christians, we seem to get it in our head that the country should be governed as such, since we're a majority... we seem to forget that majorities shift and the tables can one day be turned on us.

scbissler
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Overall, I would say that my church leans RP.

What church do you belong to? That's pretty amazing.

rodent
10-21-2007, 09:48 PM
//

crhoades
10-21-2007, 09:49 PM
What church do you belong to? That's pretty amazing.

Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) denomination
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church in Nashville

ckhagen
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
btw, most of the smartest Christians I know are hardcore RP fans. It's the flippant Christians who have to be told what to think, that I worry about.

crhoades
10-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Plus, if you think about it, it was those Christians who withstood the tyranny of the state that enabled Europe to pass down the Christian tradition to Americans today. Sure, there were times when Christianity was perverted for the state; however, Christianity has a long history of heretics and people like Martin Luther who worked to spread the message of Christ in the face of totalitarian control.

Christians today are not willing to take the stand to defend their beliefs against the state, and instead fear the IRS. The whole thing makes even an atheist cringe and feel disgust on the inside.

Dude...I'm right with you on all your posts...sounds like you've been reading books from my library. If you're ever in Nashville, stop by for a beer and let's talk!

tarsus
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
As a Christian, I believe the greatest gift God gave man was not His son, but first, the freedom to chose to follow Him or not. God doesn't force everyone to believe in Him or his teachings and neither should we. Sure, He issued commandments and gave us laws but we still have the choice to follow it or not.

If Jesus is to be the model of how a Christian ought to act, then we should look towards His walk. Did he ever try to change the Roman government? No. Did he ever try to force his beliefs on others? No. We need to keep our beliefs apart from legislation that effects everyone else. We need to be in this world, but not of it.

reduen
10-21-2007, 09:52 PM
What we need is a strong candidate comparison chart we can leave in the church atriums. I talked to a leader at my church (I am new) and he seemed afraid on leaving one candidates literature, but if we could build a candidate comparison chart on one side, and explain a few of the key issues on the other (Just War theory, etc) it could go a long way.

What we need is a flyer comparing Ron Paul's position on important issues to Jesus's position on important issues (Including chapter and verse reference) and then asking who would Jesus vote for!

We also need bumper stickers asking "Who would Jesus vote for?" and saying Ron Paul for president afterward...:cool:

adpierce
10-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm in absolute agreement. Before I heard the good news of Ron Paul, I would probably not have agreed with your sentiments, but now I think that's about the most concise critique of American Christianity that I've heard... at least in a while. Honestly, I don't even think Christians realize that slowly their agenda is subtly aiming at a militant theocracy. It's extremely subtle rhetoric in the States, but you can tell a person's agenda better by their actions than by their talk... and people in the Middle East and around the world see our actions as being a rejuvenation of the Crusades. Read Bin Laden's fatwa... he thinks that we're waging a Christian crusade on his holy land, and that sentiment reigns supreme in the Muslim world, and primarily because we're the aggressors. (Popular media doesn't put it quite that way but we certainly are)

adpierce
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
What we need is a flyer comparing Ron Paul's position on important issues to Jesus's position on important issues (Including chapter and verse reference) and then asking who would Jesus vote for!

We also need bumper stickers asking "Who would Jesus vote for?" and saying Ron Paul for president afterward...:cool:

No

scbissler
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) denomination
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church in Nashville

I have a Presbyterian church right around the corner - I'll have to hit the lot next Sunday.

Do you find the receptivity to the RP message throughout the denomination or just in your particular church? I myself am a UU, which tend to be left leaning, although at least once a week during service my wife will whisper to me, "Sounds like RP!"

crhoades
10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
As a Christian, I believe the greatest gift God gave man was not His son, but first, the freedom to chose to follow Him or not. God doesn't force everyone to believe in Him or his teachings and neither should we. Sure, He issued commandments and gave us laws but we still have the choice to follow it or not.

If Jesus is to be the model of how a Christian ought to act, then we should look towards His walk. Did he ever try to change the Roman government? No. Did he ever try to force his beliefs on others? No. We need to keep our beliefs apart from legislation that effects everyone else. We need to be in this world, but not of it.

As a Christian I would humbly disagree with you. Nero was a tyrant. Christ was the greatest gift. If you want to elevate free will over Jesus then...

ForTheRepublic
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM

You are completely right. Fellow Christians you need to watch this.

Government Takeover of the Church :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4096944125079342774

rodent
10-21-2007, 09:57 PM

ladycat
10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm a Christian (I'm even administrator of a busy Christian forum), and I'm impressed with the atheist op of this thread. And I agree with what he's saying. :)

reduen
10-21-2007, 09:59 PM
No

Ummm? Yes!! :confused:

tarsus
10-21-2007, 09:59 PM
As a Christian I would humbly disagree with you. Nero was a tyrant. Christ was the greatest gift. If you want to elevate free will over Jesus then...

You cannot love without free will. Christ is nothing if you cannot love, but I don't want to get into a theological debate, heh. You can have the last word but this will be my last post on the subject.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 10:00 PM
im a christin nd I am with teh OP - its not pretty and you are so right! Its sad a non christain hs to point thsi out!!!

I will reach out to church memebers - my church is so against any political disusiion but there is always that pkng lot! :o) I will move like a bandit...hahahaha
I have tried to post at Christain forums and I get kicked off b/c I sipport Paul who they say hates Isreal hahah
Im working on it though.....

crhoades
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
I have a Presbyterian church right around the corner - I'll have to hit the lot next Sunday.

Do you find the receptivity to the RP message throughout the denomination or just in your particular church? I myself am a UU, which tend to be left leaning, although at least once a week during service my wife will whisper to me, "Sounds like RP!"

Unitarian Universalist? My sister attends one. I would agree on the left leaning from what I've seen.

The PCA is one of the conservative strands of Presbyterianism that goes back to Knox and Calvin. It is also from the Southern Presbyterian side of things back during the Civil War, War of Northern Agression, War Between the States (you decide). So naturally the denom is less about a strong central govt. than the former northern presbyterians go.

As far as RP support goes...Augustine takes a nice role in our past. I've been able to show clips of Paul alluding to by name Augustine's City of God re: Just War Theory as well as his views of abortion to great affect.

The big thing going for the PCA is that we are not dispensational but hold to covenant theology. Israel doesn't play a factor for us. Paul in Romans said that we are true Israel who believe in Christ. Now that is a fun topic to debate!

But back to RP...Let's donate!

inibo
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi, (first post) I am a Christian and I am voting for Ron Paul. OP that was very well stated!

Welcome. I'm glad you came.

reduen
10-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I am a Christian and I can find chapter and verse to support all of Dr.Paul's positions! I believe I will do this...

quickmike
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Im a recovered Catholic(currently agnostic) and I can give a little insight as to why many people of religious beliefs are afraid to oppose the war, and how you might be able to work on them.

First of all let me say that im an armchair psychologist, which basically mean nothing I say has any hard evidence to back it up other than my observations of human nature. In other words, bullshit. LOL

Ive found that many people of religious faith(not all, so dont jump on me) come to this belief out of fear of death. They fear the unknown and religion is part of their coping mechanism to deal with answering the question concerning what happens to you when you die.

This same fear is the same thing that makes these people scared s--tless when politicians tell them "Islam will not rest until every one of us is dead" They cling onto what makes them feel comfortable, which is understandable when you consider the mindset they occupy.

Now, the question is, how do you get rid of those fears?

I would start by telling them that Ron isnt weak on defense, and he wants to protect us from the inside out..... not from the outside in, which makes no sense if you really think about it. Imagine the massive missile defense system we could afford if we cut just 30% of our current military budget overseas. We could protect ourselves from outside threats of nuclear weapons, and at the same time save money and spare lives. Get them to understand that these 3rd world countries pose no serious threat to us. Thrown in some 2nd ammendment stuff that Ron talks about in relation to pilots having weapons could have easily taken out a few radicals with box cutters. Things of that nature.

Any other ideas you can think of?

Hope I didnt offend any religious people with this post, but honestly, I think this is the main thing with many of them not supporting Ron Paul and it needs to be addressed.

Seth M.
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM

Welcome to Ron Paul Forums

Nice to see you here. :)

crhoades
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
You cannot love without free will. Christ is nothing if you cannot love, but I don't want to get into a theological debate, heh. You can have the last word but this will be my last post on the subject.

1Jn 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

How in the world did I get into a debate on predestination and free will on a RP forum? Father forgive me for I do not know what i do! LOL!

Feel free to PM me for further dialog so we don't clog up the bandwidth :)

scbissler
10-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Unitarian Universalist? My sister attends one. I would agree on the left leaning from what I've seen.

The PCA is one of the conservative strands of Presbyterianism that goes back to Knox and Calvin. It is also from the Southern Presbyterian side of things back during the Civil War, War of Northern Agression, War Between the States (you decide). So naturally the denom is less about a strong central govt. than the former northern presbyterians go.

As far as RP support goes...Augustine takes a nice role in our past. I've been able to show clips of Paul alluding to by name Augustine's City of God re: Just War Theory as well as his views of abortion to great affect.

The big thing going for the PCA is that we are not dispensational but hold to covenant theology. Israel doesn't play a factor for us. Paul in Romans said that we are true Israel who believe in Christ. Now that is a fun topic to debate!

But back to RP...Let's donate!
Yes, Unitarian Universalist. It works for me. And thanks for the info on Presbyterians.

I've also thought that RP's allusion to Just War Theory could be used with Christians. Also, and I don't recall if it was posted on this forum or if I saw it somewhere else, but there was a great story about RP visiting a church in NH a few weeks ago that gets a lot of candidates visiting in election years. Some members were impressed with him - stayed for bible class, etc., not just an appearance.

ladycat
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I have tried to post at Christain forums and I get kicked off b/c I sipport Paul who they say hates Isreal hahah Im working on it though..... Good grief. That's not nice. I wish people would post more politics (including about Ron Paul) at my forum. I don't kick anyone out for posting opinions.

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
This site is a great resource. Pastor Chuck Baldwin. He is very pro-Paul.
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm a Christian (I'm even administrator of a busy Christian forum), and I'm impressed with the atheist op of this thread. And I agree with what he's saying. :)

i hues it wasnt you who kickedme off....haha whats yoru forum?

LibertyEagle
10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
I think the whole thing about Israel is the biggest sticking point.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Good grief. That's not nice. I wish people would post more politics (including about Ron Paul) at my forum. I don't kick anyone out for posting opinions.

i was told I could not post anything on Paul but everyone else coudl post about Huckabee Gulinai or any one else - they accused me of being a non believer and a liberal...I hd to laf

TVMH
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM

This is a very interesting perspective, Tarsus, and one in which I do not entirely disagree (btw, you sound very much like the late Tupper Saussy :) ).

My questions are:

1) What does it mean to be "of the world" (I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear yours);

2) Assuming someone believes something strongly about a certain issue (take for instance, the military intervention in Iraq), how is that person supposed to act on those beliefs?

I believe that "of the world" means subscribing to mores of the day just because that is what everyone else is doing. Personally, I believe that abiding by a code of ethics (as opposed to morals, or even situational-ethics) is paramount; one could make the argument that the very concept of ethics is divinely inspired.

I also believe that I, as an ethically-minded human being, have a duty to speak up against the abuses of government...not only the abuses of this country's citizenry, but abuses of citizens of other countries.

This is why I am so attracted to Dr. Paul's campaign. It strikes a chord in every fiber of my "soul".

And if you believe that God has a plan (i.e., everything happens for a reason), you must necessarily believe that Dr. Paul is doing what he is doing for a reason.

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
if we do a flier we need to stress RP is for a strong Isreal and wants her to ne permiite dto defende herself.... we need to explain what how his views are more beneficial to her and us than our policy now.

ConstitutionGal
10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
This site is a great resource. Pastor Chuck Baldwin. He is very pro-Paul.
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/

Pastor Baldwin as well as Michael Peroutka (candidates in '04 on the Constitution Party ticket) have both formaally endoresed Dr. Paul. Coming from these two men, that's quite impressive! Mr. Peroutka publishes a series called "institute on the Constitution' that is FANTASTIC and should be required viewing/reading for everyone!

ladycat
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
i hues it wasnt you who kickedme off....haha whats yoru forum? I don't know if we're allowed to post links to our own sites here, so I will pm you, or you can find the link in my profile.

zbus12
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I am a reformed christian and I know why the evangelical "christians" don' t listen to Ron Paul. It's because 80-90 percent of them are NOT truly christian at ALL!! They all believe in HERETICS like joel olsteen and jerry falwell and prayer handkerchiefs. THEY ARE USED TO HEARING LIES! So why not believe some more lies and propaganda. They are NOT TRUE CHRISTIANS! And if they were they would pick up their bible and read things like this...

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

TRUE Christians support Ron Paul. MANY in my Church support him.

rodent
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM

RP4ME
10-21-2007, 10:50 PM
This is a very interesting perspective, Tarsus, and one in which I do not entirely disagree (btw, you sound very much like the late Tupper Saussy :) ).

My questions are:

1) What does it mean to be "of the world" (I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear yours);

2) Assuming someone believes something strongly about a certain issue (take for instance, the military intervention in Iraq), how is that person supposed to act on those beliefs?

I believe that "of the world" means subscribing to mores of the day just because that is what everyone else is doing. Personally, I believe that abiding by a code of ethics (as opposed to morals, or even situational-ethics) is paramount; one could make the argument that the very concept of ethics is divinely inspired.

I also believe that I, as an ethically-minded human being, have a duty to speak up against the abuses of government...not only the abuses of this country's citizenry, but abuses of citizens of other countries.

This is why I am so attracted to Dr. Paul's campaign. It strikes a chord in every fiber of my "soul".

And if you believe that God has a plan (i.e., everything happens for a reason), you must necessarily believe that Dr. Paul is doing what he is doing for a reason.

When I have sid the sme to christains about standing up to govt abuses they cite Romans and how we should submit to govt.....mind you its a smll group - more fundies than thinkers.....thts what Hitler used to subdue teh Christain as he rose to power in a constitutional republic..hmmmmm

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=26220

jb4ronpaul
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
When I have sid the sme to christains about standing up to govt abuses they cite Romans and how we should submit to govt.....mind you its a smll group - more fundies than thinkers.....thts what Hitler used to subdue teh Christain as he rose to power in a constitutional republic..hmmmmm

It was in the news recently Mugabe was running around saying Romans 13. God's law comes first, then mans'

jb4ronpaul
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I am a reformed christian and I know why the evangelical "christians" don' t listen to Ron Paul. It's because 80-90 percent of them are NOT truly christian at ALL!! They all believe in HERETICS like joel olsteen and jerry falwell and prayer handkerchiefs. THEY ARE USED TO HEARING LIES! So why not believe some more lies and propaganda. They are NOT TRUE CHRISTIANS! And if they were they would pick up their bible and read things like this...

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

TRUE Christians support Ron Paul. MANY in my Church support him.

Have to agree for a lot of people it is just and identity, something to go along with and a way to feel part of a comfortable group. They have "hardened their hearts". But faith needs to come from the heart. those with an open heart and a true love of truth and life are dying to hear the RP message.

zbus12
10-21-2007, 11:38 PM
If they really read the bible when in James it says

James 3:18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

zbus12
10-21-2007, 11:42 PM
The bible warns us of these "so called" "christians" and the modern day "churchianity"....

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers (self-ordained ministers like Joel Olsteen and mega church preachers); 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.(prayer handkerchiefs, visions, speaking in "tongues", ect.)

ionlyknowy
10-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Here are a couple of things that I have used to convert my fellow christian to support Ron Paul.

I call it the Christian Ron Paul starter kit:

Please watch these videos.. And when you do, please be willing to just listen to what it has to say.. it's ok if ya'll dont agree with everything in them.. I just want you to see this.

Watch this 1st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5CZvD3-QM&mode=related&search =

Watch this 2nd - While this video alludes to some things that are speculation, it does contain some plausible arguments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo&mode=related&search=Alex%20Jones%20Infowars%20North%20American% 20Union%209/11%20911%20Dobbs%20Lou%20Mexico%20United%20States% 20Canada%20SPP%20Security%20Prosperity%20Economy

Many people know about the CFR and NAU already, and have rallied around one person.

Watch this 3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

Watch this 4th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

----------------------------------------------------------------

South Korea - Ron Paul Truly Hope for America
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2007/10/137_11660.html

Blossoming Jewish Support for Ron Paul in Israel
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=50077

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIzP8ONtkv8

Ron Paul earns the world’s attention
http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/2007/08/20/ron-paul-earns-the-worlds-attention/

Wikipedia Interest Shows Support for Ron Paul. Why?
"According to an analysis on Wikipedia by Compete’s Matt Pace, Ron Paul is the candidate most likely to win the presidential race for 2008."
http://mashable.com/2007/09/04/wikipedia-ron-paul/

Graphic Example of Media Blackout of Ron Paul
"How can they leave out Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul? They showed 1-3, and 6-8. This is just irresponsible news reporting. America might as well give up on getting a real candidate elected. The only ones that will be covered by the media are those who have sold out. Actually, don’t give up. Get angry. Get angry and tell all your friends to vote for Ron Paul."
http://majorityrights.com/index.php/weblog/comments/graphic_example_of_media_blackout_of_ron_paul/

Media Blackout of Ron Paul
"Before MSNBC deletes these reader comments, I'm posting them here (MSNBC doesn't have copyright over other's comments). The following is an exhaustive listing of all of the comments up to the point of this posting. Despite winning MSNBC's own polls, and winning Fox News' listener polls, Ron Paul has been blacked out. It seems pretty clear that the way the nomination system works, and the way the mainstream media works, is to make it impossible for anyone but the "favored candidates" to have a chance."
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/013037.html

WHO IS RON PAUL?
PEOPLE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD KNOW WHO RON PAUL IS, WHY DON'T YOU?

BE A PART OF IT

SouthernGuy15
10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I totally agree. I am a Christian, but I'm very sad that so many of my fellow Christians have been brainwashed. They have turned into big government warmongers!

How dare someone call themselves a Christian and support wars of aggression!

L.A.mama
11-16-2007, 04:38 AM
...who is the Prince of Peace!

After reading through this entire thread this evening, I wanted to post to thank Rodent for starting such a timely, vital discussion. This is my first post at RonPaulForums.com So, thank you to those who are hosting this forum and allowing this discussion as well.

I was pleasantly surprised to find at least 4 threads that mention "Tupper Saussy" here, which is how I searched and found "Calling all Christians..."

I have so many thoughts that I don't know where to begin. So, I might just end.

Let me just say that there is a complete exodus now, not only from government schools, but government churches. The house church movement is now where it's at with Christianity in the U.S.A., though it's in it's early, burgeoning stages.

However, though I knew the "revolution" was brewing in America, I would've never thought it would "happen" this soon -the way it's happening(in the true sense of the word) with Ron Paul! So, don't give up hope just yet on Christians. Instead, obey the Lord and PRAY that He would "send forth laborers into His harvest. The fields are white ready to harvest but the laborers are few." And before you know it, you just might see a very STRONG, Biblically sound representation of the body of Christ in a town or village or hamlet near you!:)

Thank you again for starting this vital discussion and thanks again to those hosting it.

Sincerely I pray,
Lori Ann in L.A.
http://americanawakening.blogspot.com/

Benaiah
11-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Guys, everyone should open the phone book in your town and call every church that is in it. If nobody leaves answers, leave a message. Call all the churches in your town and tell them that you are a citizen who is concerned with our country, and that you urge them to check out Ron Paul.

wildflower
11-16-2007, 05:17 AM
I'm a Christian but I haven't been going to church recently (because I'm temporarily out of the country, and there isn't a good English speaking church nearby)... but when I move back to California, I will definitely be talking to any Christians who still support the war or the neocon candidates.

I do know that not all Christians think that way... It's probably more of the 'cultural christians', which there are many of.

L.A.mama
11-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Thought this might be a starting place for some trying to help Christians see why Ron Paul is in everyone's best interest -seemingly thorough amount of research, outlined in 25 points:

http://tdgwolfwatch.blogspot.com/2007/11/why-christians-should-not-support-rev.html

hard@work
11-17-2007, 12:31 AM

I've heard that excuse before. But it is a cop out. They are saying that you should obey man above Christ because God demands that you be faithful to law. Fortunately for us our government is based on restricting government, so it is our loyal duty to disobey our government and question it. And if we do not like what we see to petition it for change. Since the government is first and foremost the people, that would be each other. Never to a single man or group of men, even the pulpit.

It is unfortunate that the teachings of the founders have been lost over these last few hundred years. If Christians were aware of what the founders religious beliefs were in reference to the documents that established our nation things would be much different. And there would be a lot less animosity towards Christian's in this country.

ionlyknowy
11-17-2007, 12:35 AM
I have a grassroots effort that will greatly impact the Christian population underway at this very moment. We are on the verge of launching it.. to find out more visit this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28292

If you want to chipin for the effort then go here.

http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/58b8b40dea819a4d

Or look for the listing at the following website under "christains for Ron Paul meetup group"

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

tremendoustie
11-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm a Christian, but I would never hand out fliers in church, or presume to tell others who Christ would vote for, were such a thing possible. People are there to worship God, not politicians -- this would be to take a step down that path that you rightfully denigrate -- the perverting of religion into politics. I do definitely discuss politics with friends, and try to convince them that freedom is the only moral system, as I would with anyone.

I think that the way the MSM portrays many Christians is unfair, and inaccurate. We are not part of some warmongering voting block, nor do we have some negative attitude about immigrants (quite the opposite, I've found), nor do we always agree on other issues. Yes, there are those who think politics is the way to save the country, that think the GOP is somehow God's party, but they are few and far between. The most visible "Christians" are usually the nuttiest, and I'm not sure why, but it certainly fits into the MSM media's action line. Perhaps it is because Christianity is primarily a relationship, and secondarily the act of humbly following "the core message of Christ, defined by Christ's actions" as you said. Most people living this kind of life don't jump at the chance to become a talk show loudmouth, and none should ever spew hatred, which I cringe to hear from some quarters, attributed to Christians.

I summary, I absolutely agree that a free society is the only moral one (that's why I believe in it!), and no one has the right to initiate force on another. Only about 5% of the Christians I know are Bush fans, though, and in fact many don't think Christians should be involved in politics at all. I don't think the situation is as dire as you indicate, or is as the MSM presents it. You're right that "The word of God shouldn't need validation by the state" and that that idea is extremely perverse. I think the good news is, at least from my experience, most of us agree :).

One more thing to all: please, please don't make the assumption that a Christian you are talking to fits some MSM stereotype. I say this because I want you to succeed in convincing them!

Mark
11-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I have a grassroots effort that will greatly impact the Christian population underway at this very moment. We are on the verge of launching it.. to find out more visit this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28292

If you want to chipin for the effort then go here.

http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/58b8b40dea819a4d

Or look for the listing at the following website under "christains for Ron Paul meetup group"

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

And.. please don't forget to pray..

“The prayer of a righteous person availeth much.” (James 5:16)

"Feel The Power"...

http://paulprayer.com/

traitorist
11-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Churches and War

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/tulk5.html

L.A.mama
11-21-2007, 12:15 AM
This following is an example of some of the arguments you may be in for in getting "Christians" on board:(My husband said I should e-mail the author and just ask him what his stance on guns is and that he's probably pro gun control.)

http://www.apostasywatch.com/teaching2/page8.html

Let not your heart be troubled.

Many Christians in America today are troubled in spirit because they’ve been convinced that it is up to them to “take back” America .

We’re told constantly by the leaders of the apostate church that God’s judgment will come upon this nation unless we vote for the right candidates.

Jerry Falwell said in a recent column;
…..a host of evangelical leaders – including me – have been steering a massive drive to enlist churchgoing voters who will go to the polls to "vote Christian" on Nov. 2. We have a significant stake in this election, and we have worked diligently and lawfully to propel pro-life, pro-traditional family lawmakers into office.

James Dobson has said;
”Your involvement in our nation's political process this year is critical, and I beg you to register and vote," Not in my lifetime has there been a presidential or a congressional election on which so much depended. At stake here is the next generation.”

Dr. Gary Cass, represents the Center for Reclaiming America, an organization affiliated with James Kennedy’s Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church. He recently stated;
”if Christians do not get involved in this election, we can see the pro-family movement set back ten to twenty years due to the [anticipated] appointments to the Supreme Court."

All of these religious leaders have one thing in common. They have great confidence in the flesh and no confidence at all in God.

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jer 17:5

The apostate leaders of today’s religious establishment have placed their trust in man and in the political process. They claim that if only we elect righteous leaders, if only those righteous leaders will appoint righteous judges, if only those righteous judges will rule righteously, all will be well with America again.

The first thing you should ask yourself is this;

Has the spiritual and moral condition of this nation improved since these leaders first began their quest to “take back America ”?

<snip>

The church in America thinks it can harness the power of government for the betterment of society. The harlot church will ride the government beast straight into tribulation. Ultimately the beast will turn on the harlot and destroy her. But for now the leaders of the apostasy are riding high.

Don’t be deceived by these people and their promises of a grand Christian society. It will never happen. This world will wax worse and worse until Christ physically returns to establish his 1,000 year reign.

Before you go to the voting booth next week, humble yourself and pray. Seek God’s face. Repent of your pride and arrogance. Ask God who you should vote for. Ask God if you should even vote. Then obey God.
Printer Friendly Version

originally published 10-25-04
Steve Lumbley 2004 www.apostasywatch. com
This article may be reproduced and distributed free of charge as long as it remains in its original