PDA

View Full Version : What was with the Russia bashing tonight?

max
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
So, in addition to the Muslim Boogeyman, now they want to bring back the Russian Bear?

McCain invoked KGB!

These neo-cons are "certifiably insane." All Putin wants is for us to stay out of Iran and meddling in Eastern Europe. I'm not saying he's a great guy...but there's no reason to fuck with Russia and their Chinese strategic ally.

These republicans are stark raving lunatics

partypooper
10-21-2007, 09:25 PM
" All Putin wants is for us to stay out of Iran and meddling in Eastern Europe. I'm not saying he's a great guy...but there's no reason to fuck with Russia and their Chinese strategic ally.

yeah, i was shocked as well. they talked how russia is trying to build empire and provoke us, like, we are the only one with the divine right to build empires or whatever...

Paulitician
10-21-2007, 09:25 PM
It's called propaganda :)

aksmith
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
It's actually kind of ironic. Bush looked into Putin's soul and saw what? A Teddy Bear? Some kind of freedom fighter?

Putin is a thug. And the fact that the neocon in chief misread him so badly, when he has Russian expert Rice at his side, says a lot about why we should be constructively disengaging from world nannyism.

These debates are a joke. But they manage to scare the poop out of me every time I hear these fear mongers.

In fact, if Iran were a real thread, what Putin thinks about it would be irrelevant. But it isn't, so we should just butt out.

Hook
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
The military-industrial complex needs some more cash flow. Russia is the best bet for that.
Probably Putin told the Neocons to shove off, so now we have to go after Russia now.

randolphus maximus
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Here's a link to Gary Kasparov the former Chess champion from Bill Maher this past Friday, he has an interesting insight on the US and Putin from a Russian perspective. The whole interview is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYyPooETcI

It doesn't really answer your question, but I just thought it was a good interview.:p

Kregener
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
The neocons are s-l-o-w-l-y re-stoking the Cold War.

Do you own Defense stocks? If you don't, you should seriously consider divesting yourself of ALL "paper" holdings...yesterday.

Chrispy
The neo-cons understand that terrorism and the fictional "Islamo-fascism" just isn't scaring the shit out of the public enough anymore. They figure restarting the cold war could give them absolute power over their sheep.

kylejack
Putin is a scumbag who seems very interested in bringing back the Cold War and secret police.

max
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Putin has cracked down on the Russian Mafia. The big bosses of the Russian mafia are actually neo-con aligned. Putin chased them out and they settled in UK and Israel.

International Zionism wants him out. Kasparov is their tool.

Again, this is not to say that Putin isnt a thug (what world leader isnt)...But our beef with Russia stems from bucking the NWO gang a bit....not because he's a threat to us.

paulitics
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
We are fighting over oil in Iran. Iran is the battleground, and there is still a cold war going on. Read the neocon books, and you'll understand better.

max
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Putin is a scumbag who seems very interested in bringing back the Cold War and secret police.

not true...it is we who are provoking him

TVMH
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
I would guess that the "neocons" are trying to foment WW3.

I don't want WW3...1 and 2 were enough. :(

Give me liberty
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM

you do know that Putin is the only one been against the Eu union, i dont think other primes of russia would be against eu.

since i bet some and most of the future primes of russia would be paid off by the Eu union.

Chrispy
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM

True, but we're the ones that abandoned the SALT treaties first.

partypooper
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM

he probably is but who cares? let just mind our own business and build strong defense.

freedominnumbers
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Actually a new cold war makes sense. Only this time we set ourselves up to be the country who goes broke. Then the Canadian prime minister steps in and suggests a North American Union to save us. We all love our new neighbors, north and south, for saving us from the despair of economic collapse.

awigo50
10-21-2007, 09:48 PM
you do know that Putin is the only one been against the Eu union, i dont think other primes of russia would be against eu.

since i bet some and most of the future primes of russia would be paid off by the Eu union.

He's a russian! How many times has russia been invaded by european nations??? Of course he's against them all getting into a nice big alliance, right next door.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:49 PM
not true...it is we who are provoking him
We provoke him, therefore he assassinates Alexander Litvinenko and Anna Politkovskaya. You don't make any sense. Putin is a former KGB scumbag.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:51 PM

EU can do what they want.

Man from La Mancha
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
We provoke him, therefore he assassinates Alexander Litvinenko and Anna Politkovskaya. You don't make any sense. Putin is a former KGB scumbag.
Makes us even. Bush is a son of a former CIA scum.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Makes us even. Bush is a son of a former CIA scum.

So fucking what? I'm talking about Putin. Bush is not my boy, so don't expect me to defend him.

aksmith
10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Max - You may have been reading some Zionist conspiracy site. But just so you know, Kasparov is sort of the Kucinich of the race over there. He is nobody's tool. He simply is not a factor. He is taken seriously by people in the media here merely because he is famous and they have no understanding of Russian politics. That all being said, he is a whole lot smarter than our neocon in chief. And his English is better too.

Badger Paul
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
A white, Christian people with a great history and under threat from terrorists and George Soros' NGO goons and they're now the enemy?

Anyone see how foolish this sounds? What are we going to do bomb the Church of Assumption? Blow up like Stalin did?

adpierce
10-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Russia is allying herself with Iran, meetings with Putin and Ahminejad(sp) have been happening. Ahminejad is meeting with leaders of countries all over the world who are sympathetic to the threat his nation is facing from the US. The leaders in Washington are near-sighted... they think the US can maintain global hegemony forever, that's not the case and if we dare to attack Iran we'll learn a very tough lesson. We just cannot win a world war.

Hook
10-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't worry, Bush will have nuked Iran before the general election. Mark my words.
This will of course bring Russia into the fray. It should be interesting.
Make sure to bring some popcorn :)

werdd
10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
they want to tear down this wall.... again.

max
10-21-2007, 10:18 PM

u have zero evidence for that...stop believing MSM...what proof u got?

work2win
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
A simple look at history shows us that the Cold War was created and perpetuated by a ridiculous ammount of saber-rattling on both sides.

It's no surprise, but the other candidates appear to be poor students of history. Once again, they verbally taunt a leader who they perceive to be evil. What happened to "keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything good to say" (what momma used to tell you)?

We need a leader who will build REAL national defense instead of taunting and provoking other nations.

There is one candidate who happens to use this strategy on campaign level. He doesn't badmouth other candidates, and he is building serious national support!

partypooper
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM
u have zero evidence for that...stop believing MSM...what proof u got?

lets not idealize putin and feed the neocon idea of paulites as naive.

putin is no better than bush - probably significantly worse, especially domestically. but that doesn't make our policy towards russia any better. just leave him alone and he will self-destruct.

Hook
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I found it funny that Rudy invoked the "Speak softly and carry a big stick", and then proceeds to talk about how is is going to threaten Russia with war.
Is that cognitive dissonance?

Hook
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
lets not idealize putin and feed the neocon idea of paulites as naive.

putin is no better than bush - probably significantly worse, especially domestically. but that doesn't make our policy towards russia any better. just leave him alone and he will self-destruct.

Putin is no furry teddy bear, but you can understand his positions. If Russia put up a missle defense shield on the border of Mexico, would we object?
Since when is Eastern Europe's border defence our problem?

Proemio
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
What was with the Russia bashing tonight?

Not surprising, and will get worse. Russia is - again - a slight impediment to some grandiose pipe-dreams (Iran, Gaspian See, even India, etc.).

There is another eason:
Ever since the Russians put an end to their little protection-racket Empire a few hundred years ago, the Kazahrs both fear and hate Russia. Kazahrs are the 'philosophers' of neoconnery. Since neoconnery runs the show in the FreeWorldŽ - for now - the Russians know very well that they are the price, and not just because of the abundant resources...

Bringing the Troups home from everywhere and closing down the Centrall Banking scam, together make the prospect of President Paul completely unacceptable to those dreams - to put it mildly.

Hook
10-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Not surprising, and will get worse. Russia is - again - a slight impediment to some grandiose pipe-dreams (Iran, Gaspian See, even India, etc.).

There is another eason:
Ever since the Russians put an end to their little protection-racket Empire a few hundred years ago, the Kazahrs both fear and hate Russia. Kazahrs are the 'philosophers' of neoconnery. Since neoconnery runs the show in the FreeWorldŽ - for now - the Russians know very well that they are the price, and not just because of the abundant resources...

Bringing the Troups home from everywhere and closing down the Centrall Banking scam, together make the prospect of President Paul completely unacceptable to those dreams - to put it mildly.

Could you define the following? :
Gaspian See
Kazahrs

Thanks

Proemio
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Could you define the following? :
Gaspian See
Kazahrs

Thanks

Gaspian See is the old battle ground of the "Great Game", or the control of Central Asia, especially now with all the pipelines criss-crossing, but also heroin traffiking. Before it was about the "silk-road" and spice trade. Whoever controls the area, can potentially blackmail the economies of half the World, at least.

I'm not going to touch on the other term on this particular forum more than I already did, sorry. Hot Topic, you know. There is always the Internet and some hard to find history books.

Hook
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Hot Topic, you know. .

No I didn't know, that's why I asked. :D

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 11:45 PM
A white, Christian people with a great history and under threat from terrorists and George Soros' NGO goons and they're now the enemy?

Anyone see how foolish this sounds? What are we going to do bomb the Church of Assumption? Blow up like Stalin did?

Some American bigotry against Russians comes from the (Roman Catholic) teachings of Fatima, which told people to pray for the "conversion" of Russia, as if Russia hadn't been Christian for 900 years before the Communists destroyed churches and killed many of the clergy or sent them to gulags.

I also feel bad for what is going to happen to Americans of Russian ancestry. They suffered during the Cold War and I fear this is going to happen to them all over again.

Corydoras
10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Gaspian See is the old battle ground of the "Great Game", or the control of Central Asia, especially now with all the pipelines criss-crossing, but also heroin traffiking. Before it was about the "silk-road" and spice trade. Whoever controls the area, can potentially blackmail the economies of half the World, at least.

This is why Bush has so carefully cultivated Armenia and especially Georgia, because although they're not on the Caspian Sea proper, they're the countries friendliest to the U.S. in the region.

http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/caspiansea.htm

Hook
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
This is why Bush has so carefully cultivated Armenia and especially Georgia, because although they're not on the Caspian Sea proper, they're the countries friendliest to the U.S. in the region.

http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/caspiansea.htm

Oh the Caspian Sea. He said Gaspian See. Didn't understand.

Proemio
10-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Oh the Caspian Sea. He said Gaspian See. Didn't understand.

You are right. Although it means the same thing, depending on the language of origin.
Apologies for the confusion.

Chip
10-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Actually a new cold war makes sense. Only this time we set ourselves up to be the country who goes broke. Then the Canadian prime minister steps in and suggests a North American Union to save us. We all love our new neighbors, north and south, for saving us from the despair of economic collapse.

You should vote for Rudy Hukney.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27588

Revolution9
10-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Putin has cracked down on the Russian Mafia. The big bosses of the Russian mafia are actually neo-con aligned. Putin chased them out and they settled in UK and Israel.

International Zionism wants him out. Kasparov is their tool.

Again, this is not to say that Putin isnt a thug (what world leader isnt)...But our beef with Russia stems from bucking the NWO gang a bit....not because he's a threat to us.

I can back max up on this with tomes of foreign policy articles and strategic analysis from the past 10 years.

Russia backed the colonies if I remember correctly.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
10-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Max - You may have been reading some Zionist conspiracy site. But just so you know, Kasparov is sort of the Kucinich of the race over there. He is nobody's tool. He simply is not a factor. He is taken seriously by people in the media here merely because he is famous and they have no understanding of Russian politics. That all being said, he is a whole lot smarter than our neocon in chief. And his English is better too.

You have been reading anti zionist-conspiracy sites. Admirals in the US Navy say much the same thing as max does. As well, most cogent studies of the state of foreign affairs will back up what he has said..though in regards to Kasparov I am not quite sure as I have not put the time in to study this issue. If he starts spouting orange dogma you can easily label him a neocon shill though.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
putin is no better than bush - probably significantly worse, especially domestically.

Yer a fool if you believe this. Putin has been shutting down the oligarchic run crime syndicates whilst Bush has been ensconcing them. Putin has strengthened his currency and economy and removed foreign debts. Bush has tanked the dollar and sold our debt by the megabillions to foreign powers who can put the foot to our throat if the need arises..

Whilst the Bnai Brith gets ready for another mass animal slaughter prior to the Persian invasion ( that jehovan war god likes burnt offerings to ensure victory in war over enemies..just check the abrogated-by-Jesus Ol Testament) Putin counters this Molochian ritual with Russi's highest medal of honor given to a sheepherder who saved 100 sheep. The Zionists in the US are the spiritual heirs of the crud that burned down Russian Christendom's churches and killed 100 million of their adherents. Terrorist in the 1962 Merriam-Webster's dictionary uses two defintionds. The ones who overthrew Russia to nstall the Soviet system and the Algerian reign of terror.

Randy

kylejack
10-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Yer a fool if you believe this. Putin has been shutting down the oligarchic run crime syndicates whilst Bush has been ensconcing them. Putin has strengthened his currency and economy and removed foreign debts. Bush has tanked the dollar and sold our debt by the megabillions to foreign powers who can put the foot to our throat if the need arises..

Whilst the Bnai Brith gets ready for another mass animal slaughter prior to the Persian invasion ( that jehovan war god likes burnt offerings to ensure victory in war over enemies..just check the abrogated-by-Jesus Ol Testament) Putin counters this Molochian ritual with Russi's highest medal of honor given to a sheepherder who saved 100 sheep. The Zionists in the US are the spiritual heirs of the crud that burned down Russian Christendom's churches and killed 100 million of their adherents. Terrorist in the 1962 Merriam-Webster's dictionary uses two defintionds. The ones who overthrew Russia to nstall the Soviet system and the Algerian reign of terror.

Randy
More specifically, he shuts down the oligarchs that dare to oppose him politically. People who oppose him abroad keep dying. The spy, the journalist...both dead. And Viktor Yuschenko has a messed up face now. Its clear that he wants to bring back the Soviet era.