PDA

View Full Version : Study tying vaccine to autism was fraud, report says

Fox McCloud
01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
LONDON — The first study to link a childhood vaccine to autism was based on doctored information about the children involved, according to a new report on the widely discredited research.

The conclusions of the 1998 paper by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues were renounced by 10 of its 13 authors and later retracted by the medical journal Lancet, where it was published. Still, the suggestion the MMR shot was connected to autism spooked parents worldwide and immunization rates for measles, mumps and rubella have never fully recovered.

The rest of the article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40930256/ns/health-mental_health/?gt1=43001

please note, I'm not pro or anti-vaccine, I just find this interesting...I still haven't fully ruled out that there may be a particular vaccine or two that may have issues, but, overall, I've become more skeptical of the autism claims.

Either way, it's an interesting read.

BlackTerrel
01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
cognitive dissonance in 3...2....1...

dannno
01-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Why does the media keep parroting this like it's news? This isn't new 'news'. This is clearly agenda driven journalism, just do a web search.

Here is a counter-argument:

http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_vaccines_autism_NaturalPedia.html

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Let's look at part of your link Danno.

There is also a strong connection between all forms of vaccinations and autism. A U.S. study found that children who received vaccines containing a preservative called thimerosal, which is almost 50 percent mercury, were more than twice as likely to develop autism than children who did not. Although mercury has been removed from regular childhood vaccines due to growing safety worries, it is still present in other vaccines children might get.
- Toxic Overload: A Doctor's Plan for Combating the Illnesses Caused by Chemicals in Our Foods, Our Homes, and Our Medicine Cabinets by Dr. Paula Baillie-Hamilton

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_vaccines_autism_NaturalPedia.html#ixzz1AEsz Ai4h

Thimerisol was removed from vaccines intended for children years ago (even longer ago in some European countries) and there was absolutely no decline or change in the growth of autism rates after it was taken out. Basic, massive case study. If "A" may cause a problem and removing it does not cause the problem to go away, then "A" was not even a contributing factor to the problem. You can't get anything stronger than that.

Next quote in it.

The drug thimerosal is a preservative that was put in vaccines back in the 1930s.
- More Natural Cures Revealed: Previously Censored Brand Name Products That Cure Disease by Kevin Trudeau

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_vaccines_autism_NaturalPedia.html#ixzz1AEuM Blx3

First reported case of Autism in the US was in 1943- over ten years after thimerisol was introduced in vaccines. http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/AUTISM.htm

So we had thimerisol in vaccines, and no autism. Then we later got autism. Thimerisol removed from vaccines. Autism rates continue to rise. Nope- no relationship between the two.

One more?

Mercury toxicity is a suspected cause of a steep rise - a tenfold increase between 1984 and 1994 - in diagnosed cases of autism in children around the world, according to some scientists. Specifically, the culprit is thimerosal, a mercury-based compound used as a preservative in vaccines commonly administered to babies and infants. Thimerosal-free vaccines are available. If you have a child who will be receiving vaccinations, ask for and make sure thimerosal-free vaccines are used.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/027178_vaccines_autism_NaturalPedia.html#ixzz1AEvR FDqP

The mercury in thimerisol, ethyl mercury, does not accumulate in the body. It cannot cause mercury toxicity. Even in young children, half of it has left the body within about a week. http://www.myomancy.com/2005/05/ethyl_mercury_v An average vaccine which does include ethyl mercury would have .000025 grams of it- that it 25 millionths of a gram. Methyl mercury WILL accumulate in the body (it too is passed out though- at a much slower rate than ethyl mercury). That is NOT the type of mercury found in some vaccines (like some versions of the H1N1 intended for adults).

agitator
01-06-2011, 06:28 AM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/3/22/u-s-government-concedes-that-mercury-causes-autism.aspx

bossman068410
01-06-2011, 07:29 AM
http://www.whale.to/a/image/scheibner4.jpg
http://www.whale.to/a/image/bayly7.jpg

dannno
01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Thimerisol was removed from vaccines intended for children years ago...
That is NOT the type of mercury found in some vaccines (like some versions of the H1N1 intended for adults).

Today, with the exception of some influenza vaccine, none of the vaccines used to protect preschool children against 14 infectious diseases contain thimerosal as a preservative. (Those with a concentration of less that 0.0002% contain what is considered "trace", or insignificant, amounts). Certain influenza (flu) vaccines and tetanus-diptheria vaccines (Td) given to children 7 and older contain thimerosal as a preservative. For more information on thimerosal content in some currently manufactured U.S. licensed vaccines, visit Thimerosal in Vaccines.External Web Site Icon

Why does some flu vaccine contain thimerosal?

Influenza (flu) vaccine is a new addition to the recommended childhood immunization schedule. In 2004, CDC added the vaccine to the childhood immunization schedule, recommending that children 6-23 months of age be vaccinated against flu each year. Inactivated influenza vaccine for children 6-23 months of age is currently available both with thimerosal as a preservative and preservative-free.

the only vaccines routinely recommended for children 6 years of age and younger that contain thimerosal are: one vaccine for DTaP, and three vaccines for influenza (flu). These four vaccines contain only trace amounts of thimerosal.

I don't think it's fair to say that kids stopped getting thimsersol if they started getting flu shots with thimersol..

The mercury in thimerisol, ethyl mercury, does not accumulate in the body. It cannot cause mercury toxicity. Even in young children, half of it has left the body within about a week. http://www.myomancy.com/2005/05/ethyl_mercury_v An average vaccine which does include ethyl mercury would have .000025 grams of it- that it 25 millionths of a gram. Methyl mercury WILL accumulate in the body (it too is passed out though- at a much slower rate than ethyl mercury).

That's your opinion, man.

Romulus
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
It seems like the bring this up every flu season. This is not breaking news, just a narrative they want to control.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 01:45 PM
That's your opinion, man.

Not my opinion, tested facts. I provided one link- if you like, I can dig up more. From the University of Washington study I posted the link for:

The study inject new born monkeys with either ethyl mercury (in the form of thimerosal) or methyl mercury in doses equivalent to that found in vaccinations for human babies. Mercury levels were then monitored and it was found that the ethyl mercury cleared from the body a lot quicker than the methyl mercury. Critically brain concentrations of total mercury were significantly lower by about three-fold for the thimerosal exposed infants when compared to the methyl mercury infants. This is important because mercury causes brain damage only through long-term exposure (a fact that gave us the phrase ‘as mad as a hatter‘). Thus if the body is cleaning itself quickly of the ethyl mercury, it doesn’t have the chance to build up and cause damage.

Or from the World Health Organization:
http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/topics/thiomersal/statement_jul2006/en/index.html

Expert consultation and data presented to the GACVS indicate that the pharmacokinetic profile of ethyl mercury is substantially different from that of methyl mercury. The half-life of ethyl mercury is short (less than one week) compared to methyl mercury (1.5 months) making exposure to ethyl mercury in blood comparatively brief. Further, ethyl mercury is actively excreted via the gut unlike methyl mercury that accumulates in the body.

Four independently conducted epidemiological studies investigating associations and frequency of neurobehavioural disorders in relation to vaccination with thiomersal-containing vaccines have been completed in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Denmark. The findings from these studies do not challenge the safety of existing thiomersal-containing vaccines in infants. Recently two studies were published alleging reduction of neurodevelopmental disorders in the United States of America following discontinuation of thiomersal-containing vaccines in the national immunization programme. The Committee found the conclusions made by the authors unconvincing due to the study design, and the data source.

The GACVS reviewed available information on an ongoing thiomersal pharmacokinetic study in macaque monkeys and assessed the validity of animal models in studying associations between thiomersal and neurobehavioural disorders in humans. The Committee was informed of ongoing human neurobehavioural studies and thiomersal exposure in the United States of America and Italy and of a study on the suitability of thiomersal-free vaccines in multidose vial presentations, assessed by retained sterility for up to 30 days.

On the basis of the foregoing, the GACVS concluded that the most recent pharmacokinetic and developmental studies do not support concerns over the safety of thiomersal (ethyl mercury) in vaccines. The Committee concluded, and advises accordingly, that there is no reason on grounds of safety to change current immunization practices with thiomersal-containing vaccines, as the risks are unproven.

Let me quote you:

Today, with the exception of some influenza vaccine, none of the vaccines used to protect preschool children against 14 infectious diseases contain thimerosal as a preservative.
If a parent is concerned, they can still vaccinate agaoinst the flu without thimerisol. Other childhood vaccines don't have it.

Inactivated influenza vaccine for children 6-23 months of age is currently available both with thimerosal as a preservative and preservative-free.

Flu vaccines are suggested, but not required. If you are interested, here is a list of the flu vaccines and which ones do have thimerisol in them:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaxsupply.htm Only three of the twelve preperations have it. Multi dose vials do use it to prevent contamination. As I pointed out, there are thimerisol free options for those concerned about it.

bossman068410
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
India halt vaccine programmes after the deaths of four children

. The four children were reported to have fainted soon after they were vaccinated and witnesses reported seeing the children's eyes roll back as they began to have seizures. All of the children were under the age of two years of age, with the youngest being just six months. Sadly the children died before medical aid workers could reach them.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/962/india-halt-vaccine-programmes-after-the-deaths

http://www.healthrelatedinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/vaccin-death.png

dannno
01-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Not my opinion, tested facts. I provided one link- if you like, I can dig up more. From the University of Washington study I posted the link for:

Or from the World Health Organization:
http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/topics/thiomersal/statement_jul2006/en/index.html

Ya, that's called bad science funded by Luciferians. See the post just above mine and after yours, I prefer reality to the government funded BS.

Let me quote you:

If a parent is concerned, they can still vaccinate agaoinst the flu without thimerisol.

That is irrelevant to your argument. Your argument is that they took the thimersol out and autism cases did not go down.. but they in fact started giving kids flu vaccines with thimersol. I glad the non-thimersol option is available, but your argument is that kids are no longer getting thimersol when they are.

I also don't buy that the thimersol has been taken out. Maybe it isn't in the official ingredients list, but they put it in anyway. That would also explain why autism rates have stayed high, would it not?

dannno
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
India halt vaccine programmes after the deaths of four children

. The four children were reported to have fainted soon after they were vaccinated and witnesses reported seeing the children's eyes roll back as they began to have seizures. All of the children were under the age of two years of age, with the youngest being just six months. Sadly the children died before medical aid workers could reach them.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/962/india-halt-vaccine-programmes-after-the-deaths

http://www.healthrelatedinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/vaccin-death.png

Why would they lie about this?

Why would parents across the country lie about this? It's not like they can reverse the damage, they just want the damage to stop happening to other people.

The government lies all the time, they are the one with the real motive here.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Ya, that's called bad science funded by Luciferians. See the post just above mine and after yours, I prefer reality to the government funded BS.

I would invite you to provide studies you consider reliable which refute this.

Thimersol was also removed from vaccines in Europe- even before the US did- and they found the exact same results- there was no decrease in the rates of autism and they did in fact continue to increase. Denmark for example. They are a national healthcare country and had access to the medical records of every child in the country to examine.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/112/3/604

Results. A total of 956 children with a male-to-female ratio of 3.5:1 had been diagnosed with autism during the period from 1971–2000. There was no trend toward an increase in the incidence of autism during that period when thimerosal was used in Denmark, up through 1990. From 1991 until 2000 the incidence increased and continued to rise after the removal of thimerosal from vaccines, including increases among children born after the discontinuation of thimerosal.

Conclusions. The discontinuation of thimerosal-containing vaccines in Denmark in 1992 was followed by an increase in the incidence of autism. Our ecological data do not support a correlation between thimerosal-containing vaccines and the incidence of autism.

More details of the study at the link.

Sweden found the same results as well.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6VHT-493DGDC-5/2/3611ef75edcbcde308100bd057a543bf

Background
In 1999, concerns were raised that vaccines containing the preservative Thimerosal™ might increase the risk of autism and/or other neurodevelopmental disorders.

Methods
Between the mid-1980s through the late-1990s, we compared the prevalence/incidence of autism in California, Sweden, and Denmark with average exposures to Thimerosal-containing vaccines. Graphic ecologic analyses were used to examine population-based data from the United States (national immunization coverage surveys and counts of children diagnosed with autism-like disorders seeking special education services in California); Sweden (national inpatient data on autism cases, national vaccination coverage levels, and information on use of all vaccines and vaccine-specific amounts of Thimerosal); and Denmark (national registry of inpatient/outpatient-diagnosed autism cases, national vaccination coverage levels, and information on use of all vaccines and vaccine-specific amounts of Thimerosal).

Results
In all three countries, the incidence and prevalence of autism-like disorders began to rise in the 1985–1989 period, and the rate of increase accelerated in the early 1990s. However, in contrast to the situation in the United States, where the average Thimerosal dose from vaccines increased throughout the 1990s, Thimerosal exposures from vaccines in both Sweden and Denmark—already low throughout the 1970s and 1980s—began to decrease in the late 1980s and were eliminated in the early 1990s.

Conclusions
The body of existing data, including the ecologic data presented herein, is not consistent with the hypothesis that increased exposure to Thimerosal-containing vaccines is responsible for the apparent increase in the rates of autism in young children being observed worldwide.

bossman068410
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Death By Lethal Vaccine Infection
By Christine Colebeck
9-17-4

Today is my daughter's sweet 16th birthday but we will not be celebrating. Instead I will light a candle and when I blow it out I will make a wish in my daughter's memory. My wish is for all mother's worldwide, that you will educate yourselves and that you make informed choices so that you may prevent unnecessary tragedy and be spared from my pain.

Laura's Story

After 41 weeks of pregnancy, on July 27th, 1986, a perfect and healthy little baby, Laura Marie, made her entrance into the world. We were welcomed home by family and friends anxiously waiting to meet the new family member. They showered her with so many beautiful, little tiny, pink dresses, we joked that she would never be able to wear them all in one lifetime.

Our lives changed completely and now revolved around stroller walks in the park, visiting friends, changing diapers, night feedings and shopping for more little pink dresses. We were parents now, we had a family and life was absolutely perfect.

I took Laura for several baby check-ups at the pediatrician. She was a kind and gentle older woman. At 3 months old, the pediatrician was very pleased with Laura's development and weight gain and vaccinated her with DPT OPV. I didn't even question her, I knew that all my friend's babies had this same vaccine and "all good mothers" vaccinated their children to protect them. I left the pediatrician's office and walked home.

Laura was very fussy, which was unusual. She was crying loudly all the way home in the stroller. When we got home, I realized she had urinated so heavily she wet everything in the stroller. Then her cry turned into screaming and she developed a fever, her leg was very swollen and red, and felt hot. I called the pediatrician who told me this was "normal" and to give her Tempra. I gave her baby Tempra and I felt better, the pediatrician had assured me this was normal.

Laura continued to scream and I could no longer console her. My every instinct told me this was not normal but I was young with my first child and trusted the doctor. I could not hold Laura in my arms because she screamed louder as any movement of her leg seemed to cause her terrible pain. I put her in the swing and she cried herself to sleep. I was so relieved, the Tempra was working and the doctor must have been right. I began to feel silly for all my worrying. A short time later, Laura woke up screaming and spent the evening screaming and sleeping on and off.

She had no appetite and nothing made her stop crying. Finally it was bedtime and she cried in her crib, until she fell asleep. She had never cried herself to sleep before and I felt very bad for letting her but if I held her, she screamed louder. My husband came home from work and I told him about everything that had happened that day. Laura was sleeping soundly in her crib and we were both relieved that she seemed to be feeling better and decided not to worry... I should have worried.

In the morning I awoke and was startled to realize my husband had slept in for work. I immediately knew something was wrong and the worry from the previous night came rushing back to me. I quickly ran to her crib, with a feeling of dread. She did not look right. I closed my eyes tight and opened them again, and considered the possibility that this was a dream, but when I opened my eyes she looked dead.

I went into shock and after that, much of this day remains a blur. I touched her and she was very warm. I screamed for my husband to call 911.

I watched as he performed CPR, my body was frozen and I couldn't move. He tried to revive our child to no avail. He was shouting for me to open the door for the paramedics, I was temporarily jolted back to reality and I went and opened the door. I could now move but couldn't speak. I just stood there numbly shaking my head, feeling completely helpless as dozens of paramedics, police and firemen rushed past me into our home. I didn't cry, and I wanted to scream at them to leave her alone but I couldn't speak. She was on the floor and they were shocking her tiny body, in the little bedroom with the yellow painted walls and clown wallpaper. I stood there praying in my head that they would just leave her alone, that they would get out of her bedroom and that I would wake up from this horrible dream.

Then I heard someone saying there was a faint pulse and I suddenly felt hopeful. She was rushed from the house in an ambulance. It was then that the homicide detectives led us into another room and the interrogation began.

They decided that my husband and I needed to be questioned in separate rooms. I immediately realized they suspected that we had done this to our child. We all know that perfect children do not suddenly die for no reason. I was silent, I had already decided in my own mind that this was somehow all my fault and although I wasn't quite sure what I had done to kill her, I was convinced that I had somehow caused this to happen. Perhaps, I was being punished by god for a sin or perhaps it happened because I had let her cry herself to sleep that night. The fact remained that my child was dead and "good mothers" do not have dead children.

My husband began to protest loudly about the line of questioning and he demanded we be taken immediately to the hospital, to see our child. The detectives finally took us to the hospital and put us in the "bad news room." The doctor came and insisted we sit down before he spoke to us. He began telling us that they had tried this and that and then finally he said the words that would echo in my ears for a lifetime:

"She is dead."

The pediatrician whom I so respected and adored broke down and cried when I gave her the news on the phone. She went back and forth defending the vaccine that she was told was safe, and blaming it for killing my child and those who told her it was safe.

She then told me that she also had another patient, an infant boy, die after this same vaccination.
Then the detectives took us home for more questions, often repeating the same questions several times until they grew tired of asking them. The questions constantly centered around our involvement, then they searched the house and checked for signs of forced entry. My husband repeatedly told them that he thought the vaccine had killed our child and told them over and over about her unusual behavior since she was vaccinated.

Everyone we knew arrived at our house. I made coffee and tidied the house, like it was any other day and we were having "guests". Shock is a strange and wonderful thing and of course you don't know you are in it.

My parents finally insisted on taking me to their house for a few days, while my husband and his friends had the horrendous task of packing up the nursery because I couldn't stand to look at it any longer. The room I had so lovingly made was now empty and a source of great pain.

Several days later, after the funeral and the tiny white coffin that was so small my husband carried it alone, I finally came out of shock and allowed myself to cry a river. I cried for all the things I would never do with my daughter. All the ballet classes I would never take her to, the wedding I would never attend, the grandchildren I would never know and all the dreams I would never realize with her. I cried for all that was and all that would never be. There was an emptiness inside of me that threatened to swallow me up whole, as I fell into the depths of grief during the darkest days of my life.

The detectives eventually became satisfied that we had not harmed our daughter in any way and the investigation into her death ended. We were then left without answers.

The doctors did not want to talk about her death being related in any way to the vaccine and, one after the other, refused to answer our many questions. I was repeatedly told that vaccines were for "the greater good." I was even told that loss of life through immunization was "expected" in the war against disease but these losses were considered to be at "acceptable" levels. However, this did not feel very acceptable or good to me as a mother with empty arms that ached for my child. The coroner finally told us months later that the cause of death was determined to be "SIDS" (sudden infant death syndrome), meaning "no known cause," and refused to release a copy of the autopsy report to us.

It took almost a year for us to obtain this report and to our great horror, we realized that the autopsy summery was copied directly from the vaccine product monograph under the heading "Contraindications" as follows:

"Sudden infant death syndrome has been reported following administration of vaccines containing Diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and pertussis vaccine. However, the significance of these reports is not clear. One common factor is the age where primary immunization was done between the age of 2 to 6 months, a period where most sudden infant death syndromes are found to 1occur with a peak incidence being at 2 to 4 months."

There was no toxicology testing performed and the pediatrician never filed an adverse vaccine reaction report with health authorities. I later learned that most vaccine-induced deaths in this country are listed as SIDS and SIDS statistics are NOT included in vaccine adverse reaction data, even if a child dies only a few hours after receiving inoculation. This data is presented to physicians and the public to reassure them that vaccines are safe.

The government's own literature advises that there has been little or no testing in the area of vaccine safety or efficacy. Essentially, our children are the test. According to their literature, immunization is "the most cost effective" way to prevent disease. Nowhere in their literature does it claim to be the safest. We are trading our children's lives to save the government money. We are told that the benefits outweigh the risks but many of the diseases that we vaccinate for are not even life threatening; however, the vaccine itself has the potential to kill.

Vaccines kill at a much higher rate than we are led to believe. We play vaccine roulette with our children's lives and we never know which child will fall victim next.

If the odds are 1 in 500 thousand for death, 1 in 100 thousand for permanent brain injury, 1 in 1700 for seizures and convulsions or one in 100 for adverse reaction, are you willing to take that chance? Are any odds acceptable enough to convince you to gamble with your child's life?

I can assure you that death from vaccination is neither quick nor painless. I helplessly watched my daughter suffer an excruciatingly slow death as she screamed and arched her back in pain, while the vaccine did as it was intended to do and assaulted her immature immune system. The poisons used as preservatives seeped through her tiny body, overwhelming her vital organs one by one until they collapsed. It is an image that will haunt me forever and I hope no other parent ever has to witness it.

A death sentence considered too inhumane for this county's most violent criminals was handed down to my beautiful, innocent, infant daughter, death by lethal injection.

Today, on my daughter's birthday, I will grieve not only for the loss of my own child but for all the innocent children for which the benefits of vaccines do not outweigh the risks and are unnecessarily sentenced to death by lethal injection, under the guise of "the greater good." The true war is not against disease; we have somehow become our own worst enemy by putting our faith in science instead of nature. Today, I call on all mothers across the world to join me in putting an end to this senseless slaughter of our most precious resource, our children.

http://rense.com/general57/ddee.htm

PatriotOne
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
That breaks my heart to read that Boss.

Your an idiot Zippy.

CaliforniaMom
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Vaccines made my son have seizures on several occasions. Also the age 5 vaccines made my daughter really sick with a very high fever. I'm considering not continuing the vaccines with my kids. I know that children have died from vaccines, and considering the bad effects that the vaccines have had on my kids, it scares me.

HazyHusky420
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Please consider the artificial crap in our foods and water that are left unchecked by our great protectors in the state who also want to ban organic food for some reason.

Simply not eating McDonalds could cause alot of undesirables to decline.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Your an idiot Zippy.

LOL! I believe you mean "you are" or "you're"- the contraction for "you are". "Your" is possessive- as in "your car" or "your computer".

But anyhow- care to elaborate and provide evidence to support your position? There is no demonstrated link between autism and vaccines.

NiceGoing
01-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Please consider the artificial crap in our foods and water that are left unchecked by our great protectors in the state who also want to ban organic food for some reason.

Simply not eating McDonalds could cause alot of undesirables to decline.

Yeah, I don't see them banning aspartame (deadly) or the dreaded MSG. Ugh.

NiceGoing
01-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Vaccines made my son have seizures on several occasions. Also the age 5 vaccines made my daughter really sick with a very high fever. I'm considering not continuing the vaccines with my kids. I know that children have died from vaccines, and considering the bad effects that the vaccines have had on my kids, it scares me.

Umm, just "considering"'? -my advice would be, don't wait too long.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Due to the success of vaccines, people today don't remember a time when diseases they prevent were the leading causes of death in this country and the world. In 1900, the leading cause of death was pnuemonia and #2 was tuberculosis. Now people live nearly twice as long (well, not quite but life expectancy in 1900 was 49 years and by 2004 it was up to 78 years) and die instead from heart diseases and cancers.
http://www.publicagenda.org/charts/leading-causes-death-1900-and-2004

In 1900, there were 40 diptheria deaths per 1000 people. Measles- 13, whooping cough (petrusus), 12 per 1000. Most of these were children. Add these up and you get 65 deaths per 1000 people. If those rates were still seen today, with our population of roughly 300 million, that would translate to 19.5 million deaths per year. http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2654:united-states-disease-death-rates&catid=55:united-states-deaths-from-diseases&Itemid=55 For women under 30, complications from childbirth was also a leading cause of death.

In the world today, 165,000 people still die from the measles- 450 a day. And that is actually down 78% just since the year 2000- due to increased vaccinations in poorer countries. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/

specsaregood
01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Due to the success of vaccines, people today don't remember a time when diseases they prevent were the leading causes of death in this country and the world. In 1900, the leading cause of death was pnuemonia and #2 was tuberculosis. Now people live nearly twice as long (well, not quite but life expectancy in 1900 was 49 years and by 2004 it was up to 78 years) and die instead from heart diseases and cancers.

And neither #1 or #2 are cause by virus or something that people are vaccinated for.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Pneumonia can result from things such as whooping cough or measles. Diptheria is an upper respatory infection. Measles can also effect the respiratory system. Granted, measles does not lead to pneumonia as often as the other two.

Measles:
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/300455-overview

Measles virus

Measles virus is a member of the Paramyxoviridae family and the genus Morbillivirus. It is a single-stranded RNA virus contained within a nucleocapsid and surrounded by an envelope. Measles is a respiratory tract virus that causes a febrile illness with rash in children; mild pneumonia often occurs, but is usually of no consequence, in healthy adults. Measles may result in severe lower respiratory tract infection and high morbidity in hosts who are immunocompromised and malnourished. This virus is highly contagious and is transmitted from person to person by droplets. The incubation period is 10-14 days and peaks in late winter and early spring.

Diptheria:
http://www.medicinenet.com/diphtheria/article.htm

What is diphtheria?

Diphtheria is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Corynebacterium diphtheriae. This disease primarily affects the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract (respiratory diphtheria), although it may also affect the skin (cutaneous diphtheria) and lining tissues in the ear, eye, and the genital areas.

What is the history of diphtheria?

Throughout history, diphtheria was a leading cause of death among children, and it was once referred to as the "strangling angel of children."

The potential complications of diphtheria may include the following:

•cardiac (inflammation of the heart, heart valve infection, heart rhythm disturbances, and congestive heart failure),

•neurologic (muscle paralysis, muscle weakness, and vision problems),

•infectious (lung infection, blood infection, and bone infection), and

•death.
For respiratory diphtheria, the fatality rate is 10%-15%, although it may be higher in patients less than 5 years of age and older than 40 years of age. Airway obstruction and cardiac complications are the most common causes of death.

The respiratory symptoms may be listed as pneumonia.

Whooping Cough (Petrusis):
http://www.medicinenet.com/pertussis/page4.htm

The most common complication and the cause of most whooping cough-related deaths is secondary bacterial pneumonia. (Secondary bacterial pneumonia is bacterial pneumonia that follows another infection of the lung, be it viral or bacterial. Secondary pneumonia is caused by a different virus or bacterium than the original infection.) Young infants are at highest risk for whooping cough and also for its associated complications, including secondary pneumonia. Other possible complications of whooping cough, particularly in infants less than 6 months of age, include seizures, encephalopathy (abnormal function of the brain due to decreased oxygen delivery to the brain caused by the episodes of coughing), reactive airway disease (asthma), dehydration, hearing loss, and malnutrition.

I like the name of this source, Dr. Paul. He is Canadian though, not the one from Texas.
http://www.drpaul.com/illnesses/pneumonia.html

Pneumonia in Children

Pneumonia means an infection of the lungs. In the early 1900's pneumonia was responsible for many deaths even in children. Fortunately, with the invention of antibiotics and certain vaccines, pneumonia occurs less commonly today and can be effectively treated in most cases.

http://www.drpaul.com/immunizations/index.html

Immunizations

Immunization is one of the most important steps parents can take to ensure their children's current and future health. Since immunization was first discovered, it has saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Vaccines have proven extremely effective in controlling and even eradicating some major childhood diseases.

For example, smallpox has been entirely wiped out by worldwide immunization. I urge parents to have their children vaccinated and if they doubt that vaccines are necessary, to get the facts from reliable sources before refusing to vaccinate their children. I hope this section helps you better understand childhood immunization.

specsaregood
01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Pneumonia can result from things such as whooping cough or measles.
A lot of "cans" and "mays" in your post. Nothing definitive and doesn't dispute what I said.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I do show that there are vaccines which can prevent diseases which cause pneumonia. The flu can also cause pneumonia and there is are vaccines for that as well. True there are other causes as well and not all are presently vaccinated against. This does not mean that the benefits of immunization are greater than their risks- in fact, they have offered tremendous benefits at relatively low cost (compared to dealing with the cost in both lives and money) of the diseases they prevent.

I also updated my post to add more solid information while you wrote yours- though I doubt that would change your mind.

There actually is a vaccine for tuberulosis too, I learned, though it is rarely used in the US. http://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/prevention/BCG.htm

So yes, there are vaccinations which reduce the threat of death by pnumonia and tuberculosis. In the case of TB in the US, that has I agree been neglegable.

NiceGoing
01-06-2011, 06:28 PM
The rest of the article here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40930256/ns/health-mental_health/?gt1=43001

please note, I'm not pro or anti-vaccine, I just find this interesting...I still haven't fully ruled out that there may be a particular vaccine or two that may have issues, but, overall, I've become more skeptical of the autism claims.

Either way, it's an interesting read.

Yes, interesting...
The following article addresses the issues raised above:
-----------------------

Wakefield’s Lancet Paper Vindicated – [Yet Again]
Posted on May 6, 2010 by childhealthsafety

[STOP PRESS: New papers keep emerging - see additions below 22nd May & 5th June 2010]

New independent research presented at the 2010 Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada confirms unequivocally the findings of Dr Andrew Wakefield’s 1998 Lancet paper of an association between autism and serious gastrointestinal disease in children.

The new study was conducted by the Autism Speaks Autism Treatment Network and covered data from 15 treatment and research centers in the United States and Canada. Of 1185 children aged 2 to18 years with an autistic condition 45% were reported to have GI symptoms. Abdominal pain was most common (59%) followed by constipation (51%), diarrhea (43%), other (40%), nausea (31%) and bloating (26%). Reports of GI symptoms increased with age. Sleep problems occurred in 70% of children with than those without GI symptoms (30%). The problems affected all children regardless of gender, ethnic background or intelligence.

Wakefield’s 1998 Lancet case series on 12 children stated:

Interpretation: We identified associated gastrointestinal disease and developmental regression in a group of previously normal children, which was generally associated in time with possible environmental triggers.”

A J Wakefield, S H Murch, A Anthony, J Linnell, D M Casson, M Malik, M Berelowitz, A P Dhillon, M A Thomson, P Harvey, A Valentine, S E Davies, J A Walker-Smith “Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children” THE LANCET • Vol 351 • February 28, 1998. The Lancet paper was retracted by The Lancet after the General Medical Council decision in January 2010 in the case of Professors Walker-Smith, Simon Murch and Mr Andrew Wakefield. [Added 26 May 2010].

But this is not the first time Wakefield’s research has been confirmed by independent researchers around the world. Read a previous article and see the list of papers replicating Wakefield’s Lancet paper research: Sunday Times’ Discredited – Wakefield’s Autism Research Verified

And another recently published paper in Pediatrics Journal by 27 authors confirms a medical consensus that

Gastrointestinal disorders and associated symptoms are commonly reported in individuals with ASDs, but key issues such as the prevalence and best treatment of these conditions are incompletely understood.”

Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders in Individuals With ASDs: PEDIATRICS Volume 125, Supplement 1, January 2010 [Added 22 May 2010].

And yet another just published paper [3 June 2010] from researchers at Imperial College, London also supports Wakefield and Walker-Smith’s original finding.

People with autism are also known to suffer from gastrointestinal disorders and they have a different makeup of bacteria in their guts from non-autistic people. Today’s research shows that it is possible to distinguish between autistic and non-autistic children by looking at the by-products of gut bacteria and the body’s metabolic processes in the children’s urine. The exact biological significance of gastrointestinal disorders in the development of autism is unknown

Children with autism have a different chemical fingerprint in their urine than non-autistic children, Imperial College News Release Thursday 3 June 2010, “Urinary Metabolic Phenotyping Differentiates Children with Autism from Their Unaffected Siblings and Age-Matched Controls,” Journal of Proteome Research, published in print 4 June 2010. [Added 5 June 2010]

Additionally, one of the witnesses in the GMC proceedings against Dr Wakefield writing to the British Medical Journal confirmed the validity of the histopathology on which the paper was based and illustrated how Sunday Times journalist Brian Deer had misrepresented her evidence. Dr Susan E Davies, Consultant Histopathologist, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge stated in the British Medical Journal regarding a BMJ article by Brian Deer that:

There is some misrepresentation …. and lack of understanding of the process in studies involving histopathology.” and that there were significant findings “While a clinical gastroenterologist might consider caecal active inflammation with incipient crypt abscess formation to be normal in children (1), this is a significant finding to be recorded by pathologists“

“Caution in assessing histopathological opinions.” BMJ Rapid Responses 30 April 2010.

So will Dr Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet now “unretract” The Lancet paper?

Read the abstract of the new US research vindicating Wakefield’s work here:

[2320.7] GI Symptoms in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): An Autism Treatment Network Study

Kent Williams, George J. Fuchs, Glenn Furuta, Margaret Marcon, Daniel L. Coury, Autism Treatment Network GI Committee. Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN; University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AK; University of Colorado at Denver, Denver, CO; Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada; Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH.

BACKGROUND: The prevalence of GI symptoms in children and adolescents with ASD is uncertain, with studies reporting conflicting results.

OBJECTIVE: To determine the frequency of GI symptoms as reported by parents in a large ASD registry, and to identify factors associated with GI symptoms in children with ASD.

DESIGN/METHODS: Autism Treatment Network Registry enrolled 1420 children, age 2-18 years, with an ADOS-confirmed ASD diagnosis (autism, Asperger disorder, or PDD-NOS) at 15 sites in the US and Canada. Parents completed a GI symptom inventory tailored to the needs of nonverbal children, as well as Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL), Child Sleep Health Questionnaire (CSHQ) and Pediatric Quality of Life (PedsQL) at time of enrollment.

RESULTS: GI symptom data were available for 1185 children. Overall 45% of children were reported to have GI symptoms at time of enrollment. Of GI complaints that occurred within the 3 months prior to enrollment, abdominal pain was most common (59%) followed by constipation (51%), diarrhea (43%), other (40%), nausea (31%) and bloating (26%). Reports of GI symptoms increased with age, ranging from 39% in those under 5 years to 51% in those 7 years and older (p<0.0001). Children ages 1 to 5 years with GI symptoms had higher CBCL t-scores for total problems and for the emotionally reactive, anxious/depressed, somatic complaints, sleep problems, internalizing problems, affective problems, and anxiety problems subscales, all p<0.05. Children ages 6 to 18 years with GI symptoms had higher CBCL t-scores for total problems and for all subscales (p<0.01). Sleep problems occurred more frequently in children with than those without GI symptoms (70% versus 30%, p<0.0001). Children with GI symptoms had lower PedsQL scores (overall score and all five subscales, p<0.01) compared to children without GI problems. Presence of GI problems did not differ by gender, ASD subtype, race, or IQ.

CONCLUSIONS: Parents of children with ASD report a high prevalence of GI symptoms in their children. This prevalence increases with age. GI complaints are significantly associated with behavioral abnormalities in all age groups. GI symptoms are also significantly associated with sleep disturbances and decreased health-related quality of life. Further definition is needed on the role and potential impact of treatment of GI disorders on behavior, sleep disturbance, and quality of life in children with ASD.

Date: Sunday, May 2, 2010
Poster Symposium Session: Autism (10:15 AM – 12:15 PM)

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/wakefield%E2%80%99s-lancet%C2%A0paper%C2%A0vindicated/

specsaregood
01-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I also updated my post to add more solid information while you wrote yours- though I doubt that would change your mind.

And what mind would that be? I'm vaccinated just like your average cow. I'm not 100% against vaccines, but do think there is cause for concern and think weighing the pros/cons of each individual vaccine is better than just blindly accepting the WHO vaccination schedule. A schedule that includes a lot more vaccinations, closer together and at a younger age than when i received mine.

So yes, there are vaccinations which reduce the threat of death by pnumonia and tuberculosis

Mind you, I did not say there were not vaccinations for those, just that people do not get them -- guess I could have said, "commonly" in there. And you certainly can't contribute the decrease in deaths from those ailments to those particular vaccinations.

ItsTime
01-06-2011, 07:30 PM
If "environmental exposures" can trigger autism then by default injecting foreign, live, diseases and poisons in rapid succession could also trigger autism. It may have nothing to do with thermasol at all but the pure volume and regularity of the poison injections.

Anti Federalist
01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
If "environmental exposures" can trigger autism then by default injecting foreign, live, diseases and poisons in rapid succession could also trigger autism. It may have nothing to do with thermasol at all but the pure volume and regularity of the poison injections.

That ^^^

I've long held that the link is not mercury laced preservatives but the volume, age given and multiple strains given.

Multiple vaccines, given in close proximity to each other, some given within weeks or months of birth, causes an autoimmune reaction that literally fries the developing nervous system.

specsaregood
01-06-2011, 07:48 PM
That ^^^
I've long held that the link is not mercury laced preservatives but the volume, age given and multiple strains given.
Multiple vaccines, given in close proximity to each other, some given within weeks or months of birth, causes an autoimmune reaction that literally fries the developing nervous system.
That is my fairly similar to my view as well. I'm not sure the vaccines cause autism, but I think it is worth considering.

In 1983 the vaccination schedule was a total of 11 vaccinations by age 18.
The schedule now calls for a whooping: 39vaccinations by age 18.

Hell, they want to give kids the Hep B vaccine immediately after birth.

PatriotOne
01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
But anyhow- care to elaborate and provide evidence to support your position? There is no demonstrated link between autism and vaccines.

Yes there is and if you haven't figured out by now how "science" is being fixed around the agenda to counter real independent science by now, then you are an idiot. Just like intelligence is fixed around foreign policy, science is fixed around the social agenda.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Mind you, I did not say there were not vaccinations for those, just that people do not get them -- guess I could have said, "commonly" in there.

Hmm.

And neither #1 or #2 are cause by virus or something that people are vaccinated for

but not really a significant point worth arguing about.

Point was that people were dying from these diseases in relatively large numbers and now such deaths have gone from being common to being rare. As people feel safer and stop vaccinations, we are starting to see some rises in them again such as the recent Petrusus outbreak in California where 15 children died this past year and more measles outbreaks all over the country.

I agree that there are shots which should not automically be given to everybody like Hepititus or HPV or the flu vaccine. I think that the fears of vaccines are over-hyped by some. H1N1 was greatly over-hyped as well. Thank you for sharing your views on the issue. I sometimes get a bit carried away.

Zippyjuan
01-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Yes there is and if you haven't figured out by now how "science" is being fixed around the agenda to counter real independent science by now, then you are an idiot. Just like intelligence is fixed around foreign policy, science is fixed around the social agenda.

If you do not trust any science, who do you trust to get accurate information? How can you know that other sources are any better? They have an agenda too.
Just a question. This is not intended to be any sort of attack on anybody. Curious is all.

I would be interested in looking at your evidence on this issue.

dannno
01-06-2011, 08:18 PM
That ^^^

Hmm, ya the thimersol may have just been icing on the cake.

bossman068410
01-06-2011, 08:19 PM
VACCINATION IS BLOOD POISONING WITH INFLICTED DISEASE AND IS OFTEN MORE FATAL THAN NATURAL DISEASE
For these former medical mistakes there is now substituted the modern medical mistake of compulsory bovine and serum vac*cinations of various kinds and multiple repetitions which are in many instances as dangerous to human health and life as the former prohibited malpractices, or more so, and will, doubtless, in due time, be publicly condemned and abandoned as equal mistakes, like their predecessors.

Indeed, this modern vaccine system of medicine is so violent and dangerous that it has been frequently known to kill in from ten to fifteen minutes, after injection of the serum, by what is known as "serum sickness/' which is a kind of rapid blood and nerve poisoning affecting vital nerve centers, to which some persons are very susceptible.1 This is, of course, a more violent, rapid and fatal action than occurs in the most virulent and deadly natural diseases and is comparable only to a stroke of lightning or shock of electricity or to the violent action of the most virulent chemical, mineral, animal, or vegetable poisons known in toxicology. In other fatal cases, where the poisoning action is slower, death finally occurs from lockjaw, paralysis, meningitis, or pneumonia, which are frequent results of vacci*nation. And these fatal results of vaccination are commonly denied and concealed in death certificates by recording the terminal disease of lockjaw, paralysis, meningitis, or pneumonia only as the sole and original cause of death without any record of the inflicted disease—vaccination—as the primary or con*tributory cause of the death. This evil practice is, of course, a gross falsification of our vital statistics, and is now a frequent offense by some of our vaccinating doctors, as I can legally prove by documentary evidence when required.

1 See U. S. Hygienic Laboratory Bulletin 91, Dec, 1913. Also "Preventive Medicine," by Dr. Rosenau, 1914, page 410.

In some death certificates, however, the vaccination is more or less clearly and honestly acknowledged as the cause of death, direct or indirect. I have now in hand a recent New York death certificate which records the death-of a little child one year old in three days after vaccination from vaccinal septicemia, or blood poisoning, due to the vaccinal infection.

dannno
01-06-2011, 08:20 PM
If you do not trust any science, who do you trust to get accurate information?

I can't answer for PO, but for me, I try to read all the information, consider possible agendas from history and take the side that is most highly probable.

agitator
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
From another forum:

First of all, Wakefield's report was not a study, it was a case paper. Big difference.

Second of all, he never ever said that the MMR was definately the cause, merely that there appeared to be an association and that further research was needed to ensure that the combined vaccine was safe.

When Dr. Wakefield said he felt more research was appropriate into the safety of the combined MMR, he encouraged concerned parents to obtain the single jabs instead. Sounds to me like he is encouraging vaccination. However, once he said concerned parents should get the single vaccination, The British government pulled ALL single Mumps, Measles, and Rubella vaccines off the UK market, leaving only the suspect combined MMR.

From the Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#ixzz1ACXnKPZd

Family win 18 year fight over MMR damage to son: £90,000 payout is first since concerns over vaccine surfaced

By Martin Delgado (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=y&authornamef=Martin+Delgado)
Last updated at 11:35 PM on 28th August 2010

Comments (162) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#comments)
Add to My Stories (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html)

A mother whose son suffered severe brain damage after he was given the controversial MMR vaccine as a baby has been awarded £90,000 compensation.
The judgment is the first of its kind to be revealed since concerns were raised about the safety of the triple jab.
Robert Fletcher, 18, is unable to talk, stand unaided or feed himself.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/28/article-1307095-0AF49E52000005DC-1000_468x634.jpg Lovely boy: Robert Fletcher with his mother Jackie at the age of 14

He endures frequent epileptic fits and requires round-the-clock care from his parents Jackie and John, though he is not autistic.

He suffered the devastating effects after being given the combined measles, mumps and rubella vaccine when he was 13 months old.

More...

Cervical cancer jab for girls aged 12 can be given without parental consent (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307105/Anger-cervical-cancer-vaccine-girls-12.html)

The Department of Health had always denied that the jab was the cause of Robert’s disability.
But now, in a judgment which will give hope to hundreds of other parents whose children have been severely affected by routine vaccinations, a medical assessment panel consisting of two doctors and a barrister has concluded that MMR was to blame.
Robert’s mother Jackie said the money would help with his care, though she described the amount as ‘derisory’.
Her first application for compensation under the Government’s Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme was rejected in 1997 on the grounds that it was impossible to prove beyond reasonable doubt what had caused Robert’s illness.
But Mrs Fletcher appealed and in a ruling delivered last week, a new panel of experts came to a different conclusion.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/28/article-1307095-0AF49E57000005DC-868_468x434.jpg Healthy: Robert in the bath as baby before he had the MMR jab

In a six-page judgment, they said: ‘Robert was a more or less fit boy who, within the period usually considered relevant to immunisation, developed a severe convulsion... and he then went on to be epileptic and severely retarded.
‘The seizure occurred ten days after the vaccination. In our view, this cannot be put down to coincidence.

'It is this temporal association that provides the link. It is this that has shown on the balance of probabilities that the vaccination triggered the epilepsy.

'On this basis, we find that Robert is severely disabled as a result of vaccination and this is why we allowed the appeal.’
The ruling will reignite the debate over the safety of common childhood vaccines, although it makes clear that Robert’s case does not involve autism.
There is one other reported case of a family being given compensation as a result of an MMR jab.
But Mrs Fletcher said she believed the compensation award to Robert was the first to a surviving MMR-damaged person since controversy erupted in 1998 when the now discredited Dr Andrew Wakefield raised concerns about a possible link between the combined MMR injection and autism.

He has since been struck off the medical register.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/28/article-1307095-00037CB100000258-688_468x347.jpg Affected: Robert with his parents as a five-year-old. He is unable to stand, feed himself and speaks very little

The Government refuses to say how many awards have been directly attributed to this jab rather than other inoculations against illnesses such as diphtheria or whooping cough.
Details of successful claims involving vaccine-damaged children are seldom publicised because the Department of Health is thought to be anxious not to encourage a rush of applications.

Figures released in 2005 under the Freedom of Information Act revealed that tribunals had paid out £3.5 million over the previous eight years.
The Department for Work and Pensions, which administers the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme, said: ‘We do not hold any information on how many awards have been MMR-related.

'It is not a requirement when a case is being assessed for the medical adviser to state which vaccine the damage has been attributed to.

'Nor is it a requirement to list the disabling condition that gave rise to the award.’
The controversy over a suggested link between MMR and autism erupted in 1998 when Dr Wakefield published a paper in The Lancet medical journal.
His work has since been discredited and earlier this year Dr Wakefield, who has moved to America, was struck off the medical register after the General Medical Council ruled that he had acted against the interests of patients and ‘failed in his duties as a responsible consultant’.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/28/article-1307095-0060D06C00000258-710_468x286.jpg Campaign: Robert's mother Jackie set up JABS - a pressure group which provides advice and support to families affected by vaccinations

Robert Fletcher does not suffer from autism. But Mrs Fletcher, from Warrington, Cheshire, said the ruling would give hope to hundreds of other parents fighting to prove that their children’s disabilities were caused by the MMR injection.

Mrs Fletcher set up and runs pressure group JABS - Justice, Awareness and Basic
Support.

Around 2,000 families seeking compensation for their vaccine-damaged children are registered with the group, which provides advice and support.

‘My husband John and I have battled for 18 years for the cause of Robert’s disability to be officially recognised,’ she said.
‘We were told the vaccine was perfectly safe. Like most people, we trusted what the doctors and nurses were putting to us.

'Robert is nearly 19 but mentally he is like a 14-month-old toddler. He can’t stand unaided and he is doubly incontinent.

'He can’t speak except to say “Hi, Mum” or “Hi, Daddy”.
‘We chop up his food and have to anticipate all his needs. He is prone to various illnesses and last week suffered around 40 severe epileptic seizures.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/28/article-1307095-012E5298000004B0-733_233x423.jpg Discredited: Dr Andrew Wakefield was struck off by the GMC after it found his research into the possible effects of MMR was flawed

'In April this year, we thought we’d lost him. He contracted a chest infection and had to go to hospital for several days.
‘He is such a lovely boy. When he’s not ill, he’s so cheerful and seems to take everything on the chin. In between seizures he says “Hi, Mum” and tries to kiss me.
‘The money is a derisory amount though it will help with making adaptations to the house for Robert’s benefit.

'What matters is the recognition that MMR was the reason this happened.’
The first doctor who assessed Robert under the compensation scheme in 1996 concluded that he had suffered a ‘simple febrile convulsion with no long-lasting consequences’.

Although he agreed that Robert had a degree of disability, he refused to accept that the MMR vaccine was to blame.

At this month’s appeal, evidence was given by a leading expert on vaccine-damaged children, paediatric neurologist Dr Marcel Kinsbourne. He explained the biological changes which had occurred in Robert’s brain following the vaccination.
The one-day hearing was chaired by a barrister sitting with two doctors, Professor Sundara Lingam, a former consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, and Dr Adrian Allaway.

In a dissenting judgment, Professor Lingam said he believed Robert was ‘genetically predisposed to epilepsy and that the vaccination triggered it rather than caused it.
'Robert would have developed epilepsy in any event, even if he had not had the vaccination’.
But Professor Lingam was overruled by his two colleagues.
In their final judgment, they accepted that MMR had caused Robert’s illness but added: ‘We would stress that this decision is fact-specific and it should not be seen as a precedent for any other case.

'In particular, it has no relevance to the issue... as to whether there is a link between the MMR vaccine and autism.’
Last night, Tory MP Nadine Dorries, a member of the powerful Commons Health Committee, said: ‘If an independent panel has reached the conclusion that there has been a link between the MMR vaccine and the brain damage suffered by this boy in this case, then it is fair to assume that there could be as many as thousands of children and parents in the same position.
‘There should be full and easy access to all documentation relating to the judgment for any parent or professional to read and assess.’
Dr Michael Fitzpatrick, a London GP whose own son is autistic, said: ‘It is a very important principle that parents should be compensated in cases of this kind.

'But although a causal link has been established in law in this instance, exhaustive scientific research has failed to establish any link between MMR and brain damage.

'This case should not make parents feel any different about the safety of the vaccine.’

The Department of Health said: ‘This decision reflects the opinion of a tribunal on the specific facts of the case and they were clear that it should not be seen as a precedent for any other case.
'The safety of MMR has been endorsed through numerous studies in many countries.’

New hope for parents who claim MMR jab blighted their children

By SALLY BECK

For MMR campaigners, the Robert Fletcher ruling is a small but significant milestone in their efforts to prove that the vaccine is not safe for a few children, even though the Government insists it is and that serious reactions are rare.
The triple jab was introduced in 1988, and has been given to millions of children as part of their vaccination schedule, which includes inoculations for 12 diseases.
The vast majority of children suffer no more than redness and swelling around the injection site or a fever that can be easily treated.
But a small number suffer serious reactions. The official figure is one in a million, but campaigners believe that is an underestimate.
Up to 2,000 parents remain convinced their children have suffered significant harm from MMR but have been unable to prove it.

This new decision will give them hope, even though compensation panels do not officially recognise autism claims.
Campaigner Polly Tommey, who edits the magazine The Autism File and believes her son Billy is autistic because of MMR, says: ‘This is fantastic news. Now doctors can’t tell me that the MMR is safe.

'This payout is evidence that it is not safe. It’s interesting that they will look at epilepsy
and not autism, and you have to ask why.
'Is it because the compensation would be billions?’
Parents have tried to get the medical profession and the Government to investigate their claims that MMR damaged their children but have failed so far.
A group of parents brought a case in 1993 which was blocked after their legal aid was withdrawn in 2003.

They claimed for various injuries including autism, Guillain-Barre syndrome, epilepsy, sensorineural deafness, diabetes and arthritis.

Robert’s mother Jackie Fletcher, who set up the vaccine campaign group JABS, is one of a group of parents who continued to fight.

His compensation comes 12 years after the London-based paediatrician Andrew Wakefield claimed a link between MMR and autism.

He was struck off this year after the General Medical Council judged his research to be flawed.
Claiming compensation for any vaccine-related disability is notoriously difficult.

Mrs Fletcher said: ‘Only one in 200 parents who applies to the Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme is successful in receiving compensation.

'Claims for autism are not considered. There are 120 MMR cases waiting to be heard, but none is for autism.’
In America, 4,000 parents are claiming compensation for MMR damage, but again the courts will not officially look at cases where autism is mentioned.

However, cases involving autism do slip through the net.
Bailey Banks, who suffered seizures 16 days after receiving the MMR jab and was diagnosed with pervasive developmental disorder, an autistic condition, was paid compensation.

So was Ben Zeller, who suffered seizures, while Hannah Poling, who is autistic, was paid in secret.

Another 1,820 cases of brain damage caused by vaccines in the U.S., including MMR, have been settled in private.
Mrs Fletcher hopes that the 2,000 families registered with JABS will be awarded legal aid to continue their cases.
She says: ‘We plan to talk to our MP Andy Burnham about the anomalies in the Vaccine Damage Payments Act, the main one being that you can apply for compensation only if a child has died after the age of two.

'We have a number of children on our books who died younger after receiving MMR, but they are not eligible to claim.

'Most vaccines are given at two, three and four months old, so this rule makes no sense.
‘Robert was 13 months old when he had his seizure and, under the rules today, he wouldn’t be eligible to claim.’

Ads by Google:</SPAN> (https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py?contact=abg_afc&gl=US&hideleadgen=1)

Time for Vaccinations?</SPAN> (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=L&ai=BR9eV4GAmTZiVKYLxqgG-qenJA7mbsPEByab78BPAjbcB4Ox4EAEYASCvmdQRKAI4AFC8iJ 3jBGDJ1uyM5KSsE7IBE3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWvIAQHa AYUBaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWsvbmV3cy9hcn RpY2xlLTEzMDcwOTUvRmFtaWx5LXdpbi0xOC15ZWFyLWZpZ2h0 LU1NUi1kYW1hZ2Utc29uLS05MC0wMDAtcGF5b3V0LWNvbmNlcm 5zLXZhY2NpbmUtc3VyZmFjZWQuaHRtbIACAcgCkfa2FKgDAegD 7wnoAy3oA0v1AwAAAAQ&num=1&sig=AGiWqtzCG0tCKTPuAbaMfIZOno1CdbE3oA&client=ca-pub-1303991290747972&adurl=http://clickserve.us2.dartsearch.net/link/click%3Flid%3D43000000123486729%26ds_s_kwgid%3D580 00000001536298%26ds_e_adid%3D5228062817%26ds_e_mat chtype%3Dcontent%26ds_url_v%3D2)Get your family immunized withoutthe hassle at a Kroger Pharmacy.www.Kroger.com/Pharmacy</SPAN> (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=L&ai=BR9eV4GAmTZiVKYLxqgG-qenJA7mbsPEByab78BPAjbcB4Ox4EAEYASCvmdQRKAI4AFC8iJ 3jBGDJ1uyM5KSsE7IBE3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWvIAQHa AYUBaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWsvbmV3cy9hcn RpY2xlLTEzMDcwOTUvRmFtaWx5LXdpbi0xOC15ZWFyLWZpZ2h0 LU1NUi1kYW1hZ2Utc29uLS05MC0wMDAtcGF5b3V0LWNvbmNlcm 5zLXZhY2NpbmUtc3VyZmFjZWQuaHRtbIACAcgCkfa2FKgDAegD 7wnoAy3oA0v1AwAAAAQ&num=1&sig=AGiWqtzCG0tCKTPuAbaMfIZOno1CdbE3oA&client=ca-pub-1303991290747972&adurl=http://clickserve.us2.dartsearch.net/link/click%3Flid%3D43000000123486729%26ds_s_kwgid%3D580 00000001536298%26ds_e_adid%3D5228062817%26ds_e_mat chtype%3Dcontent%26ds_url_v%3D2)
Official Site - TAMIFLU®</SPAN> (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=L&ai=B5cRr4GAmTZiVKYLxqgG-qenJA8iFy_sBsNrztxrAjbcB0Ma7AhACGAIgr5nUESgCOABQx5 iZlP3_____AWDJ1uyM5KSsE7IBE3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28u dWvIAQHaAYUBaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWsvbm V3cy9hcnRpY2xlLTEzMDcwOTUvRmFtaWx5LXdpbi0xOC15ZWFy LWZpZ2h0LU1NUi1kYW1hZ2Utc29uLS05MC0wMDAtcGF5b3V0LW NvbmNlcm5zLXZhY2NpbmUtc3VyZmFjZWQuaHRtbIACAcgC2I6Z FqgDAegD7wnoAy3oA0v1AwAAAAQ&num=2&sig=AGiWqtw2YeScqIUqGqkxS4flokiUT6wZKQ&client=ca-pub-1303991290747972&adurl=http://pixel.quantserve.com/r%3Ba%3Dp-22WxfWizfU3B-%3Blabels%3D_click.publisher.google,_click.campaig n.contentnationalbroad,_click.placement.Unbranded% 2BTerms*http://www.tamiflu.com/about/pc_flu_compare.jsp%3Fcid%3Dtam_we_F001012_P000517) (oseltamivir phosphate) Learn more& ask your doctor about TAMIFLU.TAMIFLU.com</SPAN> (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=L&ai=B5cRr4GAmTZiVKYLxqgG-qenJA8iFy_sBsNrztxrAjbcB0Ma7AhACGAIgr5nUESgCOABQx5 iZlP3_____AWDJ1uyM5KSsE7IBE3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28u dWvIAQHaAYUBaHR0cDovL3d3dy5kYWlseW1haWwuY28udWsvbm V3cy9hcnRpY2xlLTEzMDcwOTUvRmFtaWx5LXdpbi0xOC15ZWFy LWZpZ2h0LU1NUi1kYW1hZ2Utc29uLS05MC0wMDAtcGF5b3V0LW NvbmNlcm5zLXZhY2NpbmUtc3VyZmFjZWQuaHRtbIACAcgC2I6Z FqgDAegD7wnoAy3oA0v1AwAAAAQ&num=2&sig=AGiWqtw2YeScqIUqGqkxS4flokiUT6wZKQ&client=ca-pub-1303991290747972&adurl=http://pixel.quantserve.com/r%3Ba%3Dp-22WxfWizfU3B-%3Blabels%3D_click.publisher.google,_click.campaig n.contentnationalbroad,_click.placement.Unbranded% 2BTerms*http://www.tamiflu.com/about/pc_flu_compare.jsp%3Fcid%3Dtam_we_F001012_P000517)

Comments (162)

Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not debate this issue live on our message boards. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/index.html)
The comments below have been moderated in advance.

Newest (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#)
Oldest (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#)
Best rated (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#)
Worst rated (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#)

As with most things in life, it's a calculated risk. Risk the jabs or risk getting the illness. The issue is that the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few. The millions and millions of babies and children who are alive today compared to the few hundred or thousand who MAY have suffered from the jabs. Yes, I said 'may have suffered' as there is still no actual scientific proof. There are many children who have this sort of illness from getting no jabs, let alone not getting the MMR jab. They talk about 'probabilities" but still offer no scientific proof. My heart goes out to all children who suffer like this and to all parents who must suffer terrible guilt believing that what they did for their child (getting the jabs) was wrong. But, my heart also goes out to those children who suffered or died from the illnesses that these jabs prevent.
- Laura, doesn't matter, USA, 29/8/2010 16:37
Click to rate (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) Rating 22
Report abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/reportAbuseInComment.html?articleId=1307095&commentId=3052515)

The solution to this problem is quite simple. Let those parents who are happy to allow their children to have the MMR injection to go ahead with it whilst those who are not convinced of it's safety be allowed to have their child given the separate injections. Yes it may cost a little more, but that is only because it was decided to pay doctors for each individual injection rather than for a course, but that is far preferable than parents refusing the MMR altogether out of fear for the well being of their child. The only apparent difference between the two options for the injections is one of political policy rather than of medical necessity. The choice as to which method should be used should lie with individual parents and doctors and not because of some politically motivated dictat by a would be Quasi-Stalinist State which was the reason the problem arose in the first place.
- Jimmy R, Highlands of Scotland, 29/8/2010 16:36
Click to rate (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) Rating 99
Report abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/reportAbuseInComment.html?articleId=1307095&commentId=3052511)

I am a victim of the drug Primodos and I have papers to show the the Committee on Safety of Medicines and the drug company Bayer Schering and the Royal College of GP's were testing Primodos on our parents. This has left all these babies deformed or even died because they tested this drug on human beings.
- Karl Murphy, Liverpool, 29/8/2010 16:27
Click to rate (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) Rating 77
Report abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/reportAbuseInComment.html?articleId=1307095&commentId=3052505)

The Blair government policy:- You will consent to have your children vaccinated.. If you do not do so your children will be taken away by Social Services, vaccinated and given up for adoption and you will never see them again. If you continue to resist you will be ruined professionally and declared an Unperson. Any disease is an assault on the body and a trial for the immune system. Any inoculation is a slightly weakened assault on the body. It is not surprising that, faced with three simultaneous assaults, a baby's immature immune system will be overwhelmed and become corrupted, leading to any of a number of auto-immune diseases. But the government will tell you this is not true, and if you don't believe them you will be punished. George Orwell would never have got as far as this in 1984, but by 2004 it was Government Policy.
- Flydlbee, Dunstable, 29/8/2010 16:26
Click to rate (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) Rating 125
Report abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/reportAbuseInComment.html?articleId=1307095&commentId=3052485)

The worst thing is that we actually don't know whether the combination of ingredients of the MMR vaccine is the culprit, or maybe just one of them (then single vaccine might not be safe as well) or maybe there's a stage in child development when they are ultra sensitive to this vaccine... or maybe there's some genetic predisposition to this sort of brain damage after contact with a particular form of antigen(s). We know nothing and the scientists just say that "there is no link". The link might just not be so obvious. Maybe the most reasonable thing to do is delay some of the vaccinations and split them, not combine even more antigens into one cocktail. Rubella is a mild disease when you get ill as a child, why not immunise kids when they're older (I got my rubella jab when I was 11). Mumps can be more serious and painful, but still general outcome is good when you catch it as a child. Actually, only measles can be fatal so the vaccine should be administered early.
- Yana, Notts, 29/8/2010 16:13
Click to rate (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) Rating 60
Report abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/reportAbuseInComment.html?articleId=1307095&commentId=3052459)

Click to rate (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#) Rating 88
Report abuse (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/reportAbuseInComment.html?articleId=1307095&commentId=3052458)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1307095/Family-win-18-year-fight-MMR-damage-son--90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html#ixzz1AJ0tWX00

agitator
01-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Cont.

And in the US....

US Vaccine Court Rules Routine DTaP (Diptheria Tetanus Pertussis Shot) Legal Cause of Epilepsy & Death

http://www.rescuepost.com/.a/6a00d8357f3f2969e20147e0f2b9ee970b-250wi (http://www.rescuepost.com/.a/6a00d8357f3f2969e20147e0f2b9ee970b-pi) We ran this post right before Christmas, when this award was announced by the vaccine court. Medical professionals are wondering why the Pertussis vaccine is not working - and are recommending additional boosters for Americans. There are two sides to every story, however, and this side is rarely showcased in the mainstream media.

We send our thoughts and prayers to Harry and Gina Tembenis, whose son Elias died as a result of a reaction to his DTaP (P = Pertussis/Whooping Cough) vaccination. If you don't know Harry and Gina, I can personally tell you they are life and love and hope personified. This award does not bring back their precious son. But it reminds our nation that vaccines can cause severe life threatening injury. Read more about the Tembenis family and their foundation HERE. (http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/08/the-sixth-planet-foundation-begins-its-orbit.html)

Read the full claim HERE (http://www.rescuepost.com/files/lord-tembenis112910.pdf).

In the United States Court of Federal Claims
OFFICE OF SPECIAL MASTERS
No. 03-2820V
Filed: November 29, 2010
HARRY TEMBENIS and GINA TEMBENIS, ) administrators of the estate of ) ELIAS TEMBENIS, ) Entitlement; Death; ) DTaP; Seizure disorder; epilepsy; Petitioners, ) Cause-in-fact; ) Complex febrile seizure; v. ) No alternative cause ) SECRETARY OF ) HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, ) ) Respondent. ) Ronald C. Homer, Conway, Homer & Chin-Caplan, P.C., Boston, MA for Petitioners. Ryan D. Pyles, United States Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. for Respondent.
IV. CONCLUSION
Petitioners have satisfied the legal requirements for proving that Elias’s December 26, 2000 DTaP vaccination was a legal cause of his epilepsy and death. Respondent has not overcome Petitioners’ evidence by proving an alternative cause. Therefore, I find that Petitioners have established entitlement to compensation under the Vaccine Act.

IT IS SO ORDERED. s/ Dee Lord
Dee Lord
Chief Special Master

Another US case about the MMR...

Vaccine Court: MMR led to Pervasive Developmental Disorder

by Elizabeth McBreen The decision made in favor of the family in the case of Bailey Banks v. the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is not surprising, given the evidence. It does, however, raise questions about the difference between cases such as Banks’ and the three Autism Omnibus test cases that were recently found in favor of the HHS. The answer might must be in the questions that are being asked.
This case begins in a familiar way. He was born in October of 1998, and developed normally during his first year of life. He had no signs of chronic illness or delay. During his 15-month check-up in March of 2000, Banks was deemed in good health and received the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination. Sixteen days later, he had a seizure and was taken to the Emergency Room. Scans, examinations, observations and several diagnoses followed.
In July of 2007, Special Master Richard Abell ruled in Vaccine Court that Banks had experienced “a proximate sequence of cause and effect leading inexorably from vaccination to Pervasive Developmental Delay.”
According to the United States Court of Federal Claims decision, the day after Banks was admitted to the hospital, he received a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan. The treating radiologist found evidence of “a demyelinating process of immune etiology such as may be seen with ADEM or perhaps post-vaccination.” Further neurological examinations showed “mild gross motor developmental delay”.
The Transverse Myelitis Association’s (TMA) website defines acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) as a “neurological disorder characterized by inflammation of the brain and spinal cord caused by damage to the myelin sheath.” Myelin is the protective sheath that insulates nerve cells. TMA’s website states that ADEM can occur as a complication of vaccination and occurs more often in children than adults.
The attorney representing the Banks family, Michael McLaren, Esq. says that the Banks case was tried as a Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) case. Bailey does receive services for autism, according to McLaren, but the case did not pose the question, “Do vaccines cause autism?” McLaren says that, “The facts allowed us to pursue PDD rather than autism. We had a rock-solid neurologist who said that encephalopathy brough on ADEM, resulted in global developmental delay, which is on the spectrum and akin to autism, but the onset was different than the autism omnibus cases.” He adds that the Banks case did not prove that vaccines cause autism, but that the results of ADEM can be on the spectrum.
One of Banks’ treating neurologists explained during his expert testimony in Vaccine Court that ADEM occurs when a person “has been exposed to a foreign protein, in this case [the] vaccine.” The foreign protein causes the production of antibodies which ultimately destroys the myelin that protects nerve cells.
In the Banks decision, it is concluded that Bailey did in fact suffer from ADEM and that it was brought on by the MMR vaccine. The ruling then states that “Bailey’s ADEM was severe enough to cause lasting, residual damage, and retarded his developmental progress, which fits under the generalized heading of Pervasive Developmental Delay, or PDD. The Court found that Bailey would not have suffered this delay but for the administration of the MMR vaccine.”
Attorney and director of SafeMinds, Jim Moody Esq, says that there is very little difference between the cases that have received compensation through Vaccine Court and those that have not. One variation, he says, is the kind of evidence presented in the cases. The MRI that Banks received two weeks after vaccination lead to his ADEM diagnosis.
Moody says that the good news is that this case adds another piece of evidence pointing to vaccines as causation for autism. An MRI, in conjunction with clinical indicators, will show whether or not a child is suffering from ADEM. However, the evidence of ADEM does not last. The disorder is monophasic, meaning that a patient will suffer a single phase of acute symptoms and then the disorder usually resolves itself.
Banks’s neurologist points out that most patients who suffer from ADEM significantly improve over time. He adds that the exception is patients who have been exposed to the measles virus, as in the MMR vaccine. According to his expert testimony, Banks’s neurologist says that half of these patients may suffer sequela, or a condition resulting from a disease or injury, “up to 50 percent of patients ... who have had ADEM will show[,] as a consequence of this monophasic condition[,] PDD.”
Robert Krakow, a lawyer and member of the Autism Omnibus Petitioner’s Steering Committee, says that the Banks case will only be surprising to those outside of the autism community. “If you are part of this world,” says Krakow, “then it is not surprising.”
Considering the denial of compensation in the first three autism omnibus test cases and the decision in the Banks case, Krakow says that there is a conceptual problem with the question being asked by the petitioners in the omnibus cases. He says that since autism is defined behaviorally, it is easy for the government to deny omnibus claims, “We cannot prove something with biological evidence if it is not defined biologically,” says Krakow.
He points to the many cases of parents and doctors who were able to uncover the underlying biological mechanisms causing a child’s autistic symptoms. The problem is that Vaccine Court is applying the biological evidence to the behavioral definition of autism. “In my opinion, anyone who asks, ‘Do vaccines cause autism?’ is asking for a negative response.”
Following a request for comment on the Banks case, the HHS issued a statement that seems to confirm Krakow’s concerns, “The government has never compensated, nor has it ever been ordered to compensate, any case based on a determination that autism was actually caused by vaccines. We have compensated cases in which children exhibited an encephalopathy, or general brain disease.
Encephalopathy may be accompanied by a medical progression of an array of symptoms including autistic behavior, autism, or seizures. Some children who have been compensated for vaccine injuries may have shown signs of autism before the decision to compensate, or may ultimately end up with autism or autistic symptoms, but we do not track cases on this basis.”
Krakow says that in some cases where damages have been awarded for instances of encephalopathy and seizure disorder, the children had also been diagnosed as autistic; but the diagnosis was not the basis of the petitioners’ argument in court. “Considering that, I think we are asking the wrong question,” says Krakow. “It should be, ‘Do vaccines cause brain injury?’”
Another difference that Moody notes between the Banks case and the three autism omnibus cases that were found in favor of the HHS in February, is that Abell conforms with the Vaccine Court process in terms of reasonable doubt. Moody says that Abell accepted the medical expert’s explanation of how ADEM can lead to PDD. There is no published literature on this connection, which the petitioner’s medical expert acknowledges in his testimony. “But,” says Moody, “Abell used the testimony as evidence that created doubt in favor of the family. This is how Vaccine Court should operate.”
McLaren says that the challenge for the petitioners in the autism omnibus cases, depending on the appellate results, will be to find the appropriate evidence that supports the injury sustained by the child. He says that he does not know how prevalent, ADEM is, but says “I suspect more people will start to look for it.” He says that the Banks case shows that demyelination can result in PDD, and he suspects that it can cause autism, but he is not currently trying any cases that make that claim.
In addition to expert testimony connecting the MMR vaccine to ADEM and ultimately to PDD, the petitioner also cited two past Vaccine Court cases in which special masters found that the MMR vaccine had caused ADEM.
Moody says that an important lesson can be learned from the Banks case, “If a parent suspects their child has autism or vaccine injury they should request every possible test and document everything.” Krakow notes that it took decades for public health officials to acknowledge the threat of substances such as lead, asbestos and tobacco. Considering it was one decade ago that Dr. Andrew Wakefield raised the question of whether environmental factors could lead to autism, he says the autism community has a long road ahead.
http://www.spectrumpublications.com/index.php/news/vaccine_court_mmr_led_to_pervasive_developmental_d isorder/_

agitator
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
More:

Abby is his daughter. And his extreme grief caused him to lose his job and the rest of his family.

My daughter died from a mmr vaccine and no one wants to talk about it in a public forum, read on and learn what I have about vaccines
Entry for February 25,2009 http://www.whale.to/vaccine/1823.jpg I wrote newspapers, television shows, etc. only to find rejection or no response at all. In my case it appears that no one wants to talk about it. My reason for posting is not to debate whether one should vaccinate or not, I just only want to tell others what we did not know, what the doctors don't tell you, how politics continues to cover for the drug companies thanks to their lobbying efforts. I know first hand that in this state our Governor was trying to pass a law (yes and actual law this time) requiring teenage girls to receive a vaccine (I forget which one it was, sorry) only to find out that the governor's wife was on the payroll of one of the largest drug manufacturer's to the tune of 100 thousand dollars a year! Once this came out right on our capital floor the movement for the law was dropped right then and there! This was in the last 2 years.
I don't want to argue pro's or con's regarding medicine with anyone I just don't think we should be required by any law to have any type of medicine, chemical, etc. injected into our system. I REALLY object to being advised that a vaccination is required because there is a law when in fact there isn't!
Here is what I do know. My daughter was examined and deemed healthy prior to the vaccination and on that day received ONLY the MMR vaccination (yes, I know it is 3 in one) and after a very in depth autopsy to include inspection of the body, testing her body organs and tissues for any known or perceived causes of encephalitis in the USA and ALL other countries, every test came back negative. I remember saying to the doctor that "then it must have been the vaccine" and he said without hesitation "it was not the vaccine" to which I replied "bull****!" and he followed with "Max, I represent a children's hospital, I am not going to go on record stateing it was the vaccine when there is no proof it was the vaccine" I remember being at that hospital, my wife and I called into a large conference room where there must have been a dozen white coats in there. And for what seemed like an hour, we were asked about her symptoms, what did she eat, had she been in any lake's, swimming pool's, had she been sick and many many more questions. They were very thorough. Then the question was asked had she been vaccinated recently to which my wife replied "yes, seven days ago, it was an MMR vaccine" and whole mood in the room changed and I asked "what? what just happened? was the vaccine the cause of this? what is going on here?" and the doctor said that wasn't it and then they all got up and left the room.
I just don't want anyone else to have to go through this, the fall out since has been nothing short of devastating. My marriage of 17 years was destroyed by this event not quickly mind you but slowly. I am still trying to reach out to a public forum in which to tell my story, there is so much more to tell than what I have shared here. Knowlege is power, I want other parents to have this knowlege. I know personally of one child that has been saved from encephalitis from this knowlege. They acted fast and this child is now a normal young man today.
In another case I took my son to the hospital after a minor cut, he was 14 at the time and the doctor said he would need a tetnus vaccine. I told him that we would do it later and insisted that it was the law and I told him that I had already lost one child to a vaccine and he was NOT going to vaccine my son until I could view the www.vaers.org (http://www.vaers.org/) website and he looked at me as if he didn't understand. He also seemed offended but I did not care. After viewing the website I learned there a 4 types of this particular vaccine and each one has a history of more adverse reactions than the others. Please, read this web site, it has data of people of all ages and the results of their injuries. Other links I highly recommend is www.generationrescue.com (http://www.generationrescue.com/) and there you will find a link to the Age of Autism. Another website with very valuable information.
God Bless!

There are a lot of unvaccinated children in the US whose parents have gladly volunteered to be part of a vaccinated vs unvaccinated study. There is a large pediatric practice in illinois, called Homefirst, where all but a few of its 20,000 patients are unvaccinated - and no autism! They have volunteered to open their records to CDC scrutiny, but as yet the government has shown no interest.

angelatc
01-06-2011, 09:09 PM

Dude, I totally respect that, but the study referenced in the first article wasn't funded by the government. It was funded by lawyers hoping to glean a windfall from Big Pharma.

Golding
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Dude, I totally respect that, but the study referenced in the first article wasn't funded by the government. It was funded by lawyers hoping to glean a windfall from Big Pharma.Indeed. Interpreting the agenda of financiers is a wise idea, but you can't just cherry-pick if you do. While anecdotal stories are certainly sad, and while vaccines certainly carry their own risks (just as any medicine, or refusal of medicine for that matter, do), Zippy is the only one in the thread supporting his points with evidence based medicine.

While the jury is still out on the cause of Autism's rise, the evidence is pointing away from connection with the MMR vaccine. I do think the suggestion of vaccine scheduling playing a role is an interesting one, and I think it's something that ought to be studied.

agitator
01-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Zippy is the only one in the thread supporting his points with evidence based medicine.

Oh really?

There are a lot of unvaccinated children in the US whose parents have gladly volunteered to be part of a vaccinated vs unvaccinated study. There is a large pediatric practice in illinois, called Homefirst, where all but a few of its 20,000 patients are unvaccinated - and no autism! They have volunteered to open their records to CDC scrutiny, but as yet the government has shown no interest.

Mach
01-07-2011, 04:37 AM
Zippyjuan, isn't it time for you... r yearly flu shot?

YumYum
01-07-2011, 05:07 AM
I know someone personally who was not autistic when they were little. The parents have him on video playing, laughing, engaging people. Then he got his first vaccination and got very ill. Overnight he shut down and was a totally different person, completely withdrawn from the world. His parents had absolutely no clue what was wrong. Finally, he was diagnosed with autism. All you have to do is see the video of him when he was little, look at the date of his first vaccination and see that is when he changed, and it is very clear that he became autistic after he had a vaccination.

I'm wondering if children are predisposed to autism, and that vaccinations trigger it?

squarepusher
01-07-2011, 05:40 AM
I know someone personally who was not autistic when they were little. The parents have him on video playing, laughing, engaging people. Then he got his first vaccination and got very ill. Overnight he shut down and was a totally different person, completely withdrawn from the world. His parents had absolutely no clue what was wrong. Finally, he was diagnosed with autism. All you have to do is see the video of him when he was little, look at the date of his first vaccination and see that is when he changed, and it is very clear that he became autistic after he had a vaccination.

I'm wondering if children are predisposed to autism, and that vaccinations trigger it?

although this is an interesting story, nearly all autism occurs from about age 3-6 (before that children are the same mostly)

NiceGoing
01-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Children (young & undeveloped) are the most vulnerable to chemical attack; their bodies cannot handle it (fight back).

www.RussellBlaylockmd.com has much information on this subject. He is a retired neurosurgeon.

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 08:06 AM
[2010 Jan] Read Silenced Witnesses Volume II: The Parents' Story to see what parents and MMR (autism and bowel disease) damaged children have to endure.

a. Lose your medical records
b. rewrite the laws to avoid paying out and then pass the buck to the taxpayer
b. change a medical definition to avoid liability
c. Hiding vaccine deaths
d. Fight you all the way in court where few get compensated:
e. Buy up the vaccine experts so they are even less likely to lose in court
f. Intimidate the experts
g. Use junk/fraudulent science to further avoid paying out
h. Accuse you of child abuse

Golding
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh really?Yep, really. Homestead is simply anecdotal support. It lacks generalization, because the Amish lifestyle shuns a great deal more than just vaccinations. While the population certainly is one of interest for demonstrating Autism's roots, the anomaly is equally explained by the genetics of Autism (since the Amish culture leaves for little gene flow).

Like I said, I have no problem entertaining the idea that vaccines in some way can play a role in Autism. But the evidence demonstrated in well-designed studies doesn't demonstrate a significant connection when it comes to the MMR vaccine. And it's not for lack of trying, or lack of incentive. The more driven lab workers I've come across would love to be the next Mario Molina or Frank Rowland - forcing the world to change its habits because of a strikingly dangerous scenario. Incidentally, that's part of the same reason you see researchers so adamant about CO2 and Global Warming.

Fox McCloud
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
While the jury is still out on the cause of Autism's rise, the evidence is pointing away from connection with the MMR vaccine.

One is the reclassification of autism--now people with mild forms of autism (ie: people who would just be "odd" or "different" back in the day) are tossed in with this classification, which increases (inflates?) the number, and thus, makes it look as though there's an autism epidemic.

It would be like if the common cold was reclassified as cancer (this is just to make a point, obviously, this would never happen as there aren't any similarities); cancer incident rates would explode over night.

LOL! I believe you mean "you are" or "you're"- the contraction for "you are". "Your" is possessive- as in "your car" or "your computer".

I mean no offense, zippy, but this makes you come off as egotistical, a poke in the eye just to aggravate, or being snarky just 'cause; I'd personally recommend not doing something like this in a debate, as it'll just anger your opponents...which will, well, turn them off to your side of the argument, regardless of how valid it is.

Golding
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
One is the reclassification of autism--now people with mild forms of autism (ie: people who would just be "odd" or "different" back in the day) are tossed in with this classification, which increases (inflates?) the number, and thus, makes it look as though there's an autism epidemic.

It would be like if the common cold was reclassified as cancer (this is just to make a point, obviously, this would never happen as there aren't any similarities); cancer incident rates would explode over night.Indeed, this is true. It's tough to say the direction of the diagnosis of Autism as a spectrum disorder, but you're right that it can go the way of ADHD in terms of being overdiagnosed on the "playing it safe" type of clinical judgment.

But at the same time, it's worth mentioning that the same sort of thing was seen with HIV decades ago. We were uncertain how the disease spread, but people observed higher prevalence in homosexuals. So naturally, it was assumed that it was a disease caused by homosexuality (GRIDS, Gay Plague, Gay Bowel Syndrome, etc). As HIV became more defined, its prevalence went up.

I mean no offense, zippy, but this makes you come off as egotistical, a poke in the eye just to aggravate, or being snarky just 'cause; I'd personally recommend not doing something like this in a debate, as it'll just anger your opponents...which will, well, turn them off to your side of the argument, regardless of how valid it is.Bear in mind what that quote was replying to. PatriotOne's post was almost entirely quoted as: "Your an idiot Zippy."

Ironic grammatical error aside, it's not zippy that's coming across as egotistical and snarky "just 'cause". It wasn't an isolated incident where PatriotOne responded with a personal insult rather than a salient point, and to be frank Zippyjuan has (up to now) handled himself quite well in the face of them.

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
NO ONE can prove that vaccines has saved a single persons life and if anyone says so they are blowing smoke up your ***.

Vaccines can cause Brain Damage
Autism is Brain Damage

Vaccines = Autism

MRoCkEd
01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo

agitator
01-07-2011, 12:46 PM
While the population certainly is one of interest for demonstrating Autism's roots, the anomaly is equally explained by the genetics of Autism (since the Amish culture leaves for little gene flow).

Amish? Look into Homefirst.
Chicago is America's prototypical "City of Big Shoulders," to quote Carl Sandburg, and Homefirst's mostly middle-class families seem fairly representative. A substantial number are conservative Christians who home-school their children. They are mostly white, but the Homefirst practice also includes black and Hispanic families and non-home-schooling Jews, Catholics and Muslims.

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Like I said they still CAN NOT prove a Vaccine has SAVED a single child.

Pen and Telller is just regurgitating every lie about vaccines.

"Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral or aseptic meningitis.......According to one of the 1997 issues of the MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone. That's where all those 30,000 - 50,000 cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination"---Viera Scheibner

YumYum
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
At this point, who has the final say what is cause of autism: independent, non-government, financed study, or the government?

Fox McCloud
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM

No, we can't prove that a specific child's life has been saved, but we can say that it is saving lives, as the amount of polio, whooping cough (until the past few years) incidents and deaths have dropped off dramatically...it wasn't until an anti-whooping cough vaccine agenda/idea came about that we saw a resurgence in whooping cough.

as for Scheibner...there's a number of criticism of her thoughts/opinions/ideas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viera_Scheibner#Criticisms

reillym
01-07-2011, 07:32 PM
NO ONE can prove that vaccines has saved a single persons life and if anyone says so they are blowing smoke up your ***.

Vaccines can cause Brain Damage
Autism is Brain Damage

Vaccines = Autism

By request, this is a list of 41 separate research studies that have found absolutely no link between vaccines and Autism. Please share this list, so that children and families no longer suffer due to misinformation from winguts and celebretards. (http://www.aap.org/immunization/families/faq/vaccinestudies.pdf)

reillym
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Pen and Telller is just regurgitating every lie about vaccines.

"Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral or aseptic meningitis.......According to one of the 1997 issues of the MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone. That's where all those 30,000 - 50,000 cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination"---Viera Scheibner

What proof do you want? The rapid decrease in the occurrences in the vaccinated diseases isn't enough? Are you really trying to claim that vaccines can't prevent disease? What medical knowledge are you basing this on? Because the entire medical world disagrees with you. Are you some sort of medical genius?

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
No, we can't prove that a specific child's life has been saved

Thank you for an honest answer

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
What proof do you want? The rapid decrease in the occurrences in the vaccinated diseases isn't enough? Are you really trying to claim that vaccines can't prevent disease? What medical knowledge are you basing this on? Because the entire medical world disagrees with you. Are you some sort of medical genius?

Yet you offer NO PROFF

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
By request, this is a list of 41 separate research studies that have found absolutely no link between vaccines and Autism. Please share this list, so that children and families no longer suffer due to misinformation from winguts and celebretards. (http://www.aap.org/immunization/families/faq/vaccinestudies.pdf)

I belive in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Aliens, and Vaccine Studies by a corrupt medical field are not made up.
Not a single one of those studies prove that they have saved a single life.

Anti Federalist
01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Let's separate the wheat from the chaff, here.

Does anybody here support the idea of mandatory vaccinations?

bossman068410
01-07-2011, 08:20 PM

or paying for them

or making it seem manditory for schools?

or getting special protection from lawsuits?

Fox McCloud
01-08-2011, 12:05 AM

I do not, but I don't think someone who has, say a really nasty strain of something should be allowed to travel wherever they like, infecting whomever they come into contact with either...I tend to think this is probably a small problem though, in the long run, and easily solvable/non-issue when property rights are enforced.

Thank you for an honest answer

and thanks for cherry picking what I said *eye-roll*.

dannno
01-08-2011, 02:06 AM
I do not, but I don't think someone who has, say a really nasty strain of something should be allowed to travel wherever they like, infecting whomever they come into contact with either..

Ya if you get sick you better have a supply of food to last otherwise you should starve.

NiceGoing
01-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Lol..

Looks to me like we've got a full court press on from the big Pharma people...

Don't these hired guns give a damn about innocent lives?

PatriotOne
01-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Keeping Anderson Cooper Honest: Is Brian Deer The Fraud?

"It is quite clear that you do not understand English. Brian Deer is not a member of the Sunday Times staff. He is a freelance journalist who runs his own website and blog and is not under the control or direction of the Sunday Times. Mr. Deer should not represent himself as a Sunday Times journalist. He is not a member of staff, does NOT have a regular salary from us, is not on our pension scheme and pays his own tax as a freelance. If he says that he writes for the Sunday Times that would be correct. He is a contributor to The Sunday Times on an occasional basis but again we have no control over him ..."

- Alaistair Brett, Legal Manager, Sunday Times

I watched Brian Deer’s appearance on Anderson Cooper 360, the one where he closed his eyes for extended periods of time when Anderson asked him certain tough questions, and kept wondering to myself, “Who IS this guy?”

The answers are coming in fast and hard as to who Brian Deer really is, and I must say I am thoroughly astonished at how badly many major news outlets, particularly CNN and Anderson Cooper, failed the US viewing audience by giving this one journalist, without doing background on him or talking to the Lancet 12 parents, such a platform to falsely reassure American parents. The more I learn about this guy, the weirder it gets. This is a long one, so apologies in advance.

Here’s what we’ve learned about Brian Deer:

1. He’s not a Sunday Times reporter, and never has been, so who the heck is paying his bills?

rest here:

http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/01/keeping-anderson-cooper-honest-is-brian-deer-the-fraud.html

NiceGoing
01-11-2011, 12:44 PM
The Dangers of VACCINES [Video]

http://freeonline-e-books.netfirms.com/mediamsater/2011/01/08/the-dangers-of-vaccines-part-1-mmr-hpv-autism-gardasil-swine-flu-h1n1thimerosal-2/

NiceGoing
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Let's look at part of your link Danno.

Thimerisol was removed from vaccines intended for children years ago (even longer ago in some European countries) and there was absolutely no decline or change in the growth of autism rates after it was taken out. Basic, massive case study. If "A" may cause a problem and removing it does not cause the problem to go away, then "A" was not even a contributing factor to the problem. You can't get anything stronger than that.

Next quote in it.

First reported case of Autism in the US was in 1943- over ten years after thimerisol was introduced in vaccines. http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/AUTISM.htm

So we had thimerisol in vaccines, and no autism. Then we later got autism. Thimerisol removed from vaccines. Autism rates continue to rise. Nope- no relationship between the two.

One more?

The mercury in thimerisol, ethyl mercury, does not accumulate in the body. It cannot cause mercury toxicity. Even in young children, half of it has left the body within about a week. http://www.myomancy.com/2005/05/ethyl_mercury_v An average vaccine which does include ethyl mercury would have .000025 grams of it- that it 25 millionths of a gram. Methyl mercury WILL accumulate in the body (it too is passed out though- at a much slower rate than ethyl mercury). That is NOT the type of mercury found in some vaccines (like some versions of the H1N1 intended for adults).

If you will watch the Video I just posted in this thread you will find that all of your statements regarding the absence of Thimerosol in vaccines are Wrong. Sorry about that, but I would appreciate if you would refrain from these spurious denials in the future. PLEASE. Thanks.

Brian4Liberty
01-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Pneumonia can result from things such as whooping cough or measles.
The respiratory symptoms may be listed as pneumonia.

Whooping Cough (Petrusis):
http://www.medicinenet.com/pertussis/page4.htm

The most common complication and the cause of most whooping cough-related deaths is secondary bacterial pneumonia. (Secondary bacterial pneumonia is bacterial pneumonia that follows another infection of the lung, be it viral or bacterial. Secondary pneumonia is caused by a different virus or bacterium than the original infection.) Young infants are at highest risk for whooping cough and also for its associated complications, including secondary pneumonia. Other possible complications of whooping cough, particularly in infants less than 6 months of age, include seizures, encephalopathy (abnormal function of the brain due to decreased oxygen delivery to the brain caused by the episodes of coughing), reactive airway disease (asthma), dehydration, hearing loss, and malnutrition.

Many cases of whooping cough do go "undiagnosed". Doctors don't want to fill out the paperwork. It is almost an epidemic in the US these days among teenagers and adults where the childhood vaccine has worn off. It is a bacterial disease, so the vaccine doesn't work as well as with viral diseases.

I would say that the article is incorrect that pneumonia is a "primary cause of death". It's the lack of oxygen that primarily kills infants with whopping cough. Secondary pneumonia is a possibility, as it is with any respiratory illness, but it's the primary deaths from whooping cough that separate it from the common cold. It's not just a "bad" cough. Your breathing gets cut off by the thickest, stickiest phlegm imaginable. (The disease directly attacks the valve between your lungs and stomach, leaving it damaged. The sticky phlegm comes as the body heals itself). The coughing is a reaction to the airway being cut off, and you can not inhale. You will then cough all of the air out of your lungs in an attempt to clear it. When the air is gone, you will dry heave, and many people will then vomit. You should be able to inhale a bit after that. Babies can not clear it, and they suffocate.

Zippyjuan
01-13-2011, 02:36 PM
If you will watch the Video I just posted in this thread you will find that all of your statements regarding the absence of Thimerosol in vaccines are Wrong. Sorry about that, but I would appreciate if you would refrain from these spurious denials in the future. PLEASE. Thanks.

Perhaps you can direct me to the video. I tried to quickly go back through your posts in this thread and don't see it.
The following comes from the FDA FAQs page on Thimerisol:

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/vaccines/QuestionsaboutVaccines/ucm070430.htm

Since 2001, all vaccines recommended for children 6 years of age and younger have contained either no thimerosal or only trace amounts, with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccines, which are marketed in both the preservative-free and thimerosal-preservative-containing formulations. Thimerosal-preservative free influenza vaccine licensed for use in children six to 59 months of age is available in limited supply. Nevertheless, FDA is in discussions with manufacturers of influenza vaccine regarding their capacity to increase the supply of vaccine without thimerosal as a preservative. Additionally, new pediatric vaccines that have received licensure do not contain thimerosal.

What is a "trace amount"? One microgram or less (0.000001 grams or one millionth of a gram- there are 28 grams in an ounce)

The term "preservative-free" indicates that no preservative (thimerosal or otherwise) is used in the vaccine; however, traces used during the manufacturing process may be present in the final formulation. For example, some vaccines may be preservative-free but may contain traces of thimerosal (1 micrograms mercury or less per dose); in such settings, this information is noted in the package insert. Similarly, the term "thimerosal-reduced" usually indicates that thimerosal is not added as a vaccine preservative, but trace amounts (1 micrograms mercury per dose or less) may remain from use in the manufacturing process. Such trace amounts are not felt to be clinically significant, nor would they result in exposure exceeding any federal guideline for mercury exposure. Vaccines may be termed "thimerosal-free" if no thimerosal can be measured; i.e., thimerosal content is below the limit of detection.

You have said that thimerosal is no longer used as a preservative in vaccines routinely recommended for children 6 years or less of age, with the exception of influenza vaccine. What is being done about the thimerosal content of other vaccines and other biological products given to infants, children, and pregnant women?

FDA is continuing its efforts to reduce the exposure of infants, children, and pregnant women to mercury from vaccines. FDA is in discussions with manufacturers of influenza vaccine regarding their capacity to further increase the supply of preservative-free formulations. Of note, all hepatitis B vaccines for the U.S., including for adults, are now available only as thimerosal-free or thimerosal-reduced containing formulations.

Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoids (Td) which is indicated for children 7 years of age or older and adults, is now also available in thimerosal-free formulations. In addition, all vaccines licensed since 1999 with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine have not contained thimerosal as a preservative. Also, all immune globulin preparations including hepatitis B immune globulin, and Rho(D) immune globulin preparations are manufactured without thimerosal.

bossman068410
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Not a single vaccine has saved anyone, but they have killed and disabled many.

VACCINES INJURE UP TO 7500 AND KILL UP TO 70 A YEAR WITH 1990 SERIOUS REACTIONS

by Clifford G. Miller

New information just obtained under FOIA shows in 1990 in the UK there were at least 7,480 adverse vaccine reactions and 1,990 serious ones with approximately 70 deaths associated with triple vaccines (DTP and MMR). To get a rough idea of the figures for the USA, multiply by 5 as the US has a larger population.

Currently the chance of anyone dying of natural measles in England and Wales if there were no vaccinations is less than 1 in 55 million. I have hard scientific fact to back that up if anyone wants it. The chance of being struck by a bolt of lightning is over 30-60 times higher - also that is backed up by recorded scientific observations.

See Jack Ashley MP's 1990 correspondence with British government Minister Virginia Bottomley MP just released to me (see full date order bundle attached) shows there were 7480 reported adverse vaccine reactions, of these 1990 were serious ones including 70 reported deaths relating to vaccines including MMR and DTP.

The reports were under the "Yellow Card" adverse drug reaction reporting scheme. The Yellow Card scheme is known and accepted to catch no more than 10% of adverse reactions, so hence the reported levels of reactions (748 in total, 199 serious and 7 deaths) have to be multiplied up by 10. The Yellow Card Scheme is notoriously flawed - see attached submission to an MHRA consultation.

However, the real level of deaths is probably higher. The UK Spectator's Sally Clark story shows some in the British medical profession prefer a mother goes to jail wrongfully convicted of killing her child than admit a vaccine was to blame:-
What killed Sally Clark’s child? - Why was the jury told to disregard the vaccination? by Neville Hodgkinson 19 May 2007
Also, this new information shows the government had not implemented any surveillance on the introduction of MMR other than the fatally flawed Yellow Card scheme. The Jack Ashley correspondence shows they brought in a scheme in Feb 1991 after there were big problems in 1990 with 748 adverse reactions and 199 serious ones reported. This correspondence also shows there was no proper testing or monitoring of vaccines safety (and testing of vaccines on children cannot be ethical in any event - which it seem is what they were doing without telling anyone).

As for Bill Inman of Southampton University referred to in the Jack Ashley correspondence, it looks like that Unit was the only thing available standing between us and the drug companies.

See Bill Inman's extraordinary biography pages 10-11 in the WHO document this link takes you to:-
http://www.umc-products.com/graphics/5487.pdf

Bill Inman was responsible for setting up the Yellow Card scheme. Incredible that is all we still have after all these years.

awake
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Flu shots are way down... expect great hysteria media fanned crisis to try and get the vaccine uptake back to Government Pharma's expectations of guaranteed profit. Otherwise a law will get passed or a direct bailout.

Zippyjuan
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Vaccines do not save any lives? Perhaps we should look at the experience of the former Soviet Union member states since we can get a "before" and "after" as well as "what if you just stop vaccines" example. Like much of the rest of the world, it had problems with diptheria before a vaccine was developed. Like the rest of the world, levels of the illness declined to very rare incidents. But with the collapse of the USSR they also experienced the collapse of other government ifrastructures as well- including healthcare. Fewer children were getting vaccinated and within just a couple of years, diptheria exploded.
http://www.typesofbacteria.co.uk/which-bacterium-causes-diphtheria.html

Diphtheria in the Former USSR
The political upheaval that occurred in the USSR in the 1980s led to a break down of medical infrastructure and the vaccination rates for childhood diseases fell dramatically. This led to a similarly dramatic increased in children with diphtheria within a very short time. In 1991, in the very early days after the country split there were only 2000 cases but seven years later there were 200 000 cases, and 5000 children died in one year.

The countries of Armenia, Lithuania, Estonia, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan were particularly badly affected with as many as 32 cases per 100 000 of the population. The fatality rate was the worst in Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Georgia, where up to 23 per cent of those infected died. The death rate was lower, between 6 and 10 per cent in Armenia, Latvia, Moldova and Kazakhstan, and only around 2 per cent in Russia and the Ukraine.

Bringing the USSR Epidemic Under Control
In the last few years, an increase in vaccine production and re-establishment of childhood vaccinations on a massive scale has brought the epidemic of the 1990s under control. The incidence of diphtheria has now been brought back down to pre-1990 levels in most countries affected. However, this is a stark warning: the success of vaccines only last as long as the vaccination programs that dispenses them. If the vaccination were to stop elsewhere, the same effect would become apparent very quickly.

Or we can go to Africa and see what a difference vaccinations made. In the year 2000, there were 396,000 deaths from measles. Yes, measles. That year, an agressive vaccination program was instituted by the WHO and within just six years (by 2006) that number was reduced by an incredible 90% to 36,000. That represents 363,000 a year who did not die from the measles. Didn't save a single life I guess. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2007/pr62/en/index.html

Measles deaths in Africa plunge by 91%
Africa leads a strong decline in global measles deaths
Joint News Release WHO/UNICEF/American Red Cross/CDC/UN Foundation

29 November 2007 | ATLANTA/GENEVA/NEW YORK/WASHINGTON - Measles deaths in Africa fell by 91% between 2000 and 2006, from an estimated 396 000 to 36 000, reaching the United Nations 2010 goal to cut measles deaths by 90% four years early. The spectacular gains achieved in Africa helped generate a strong decline in global measles deaths, which fell 68% worldwide – from an estimated 757 000 to 242 000 – during this period.

The progress was announced today by the founding partners of the Measles Initiative: the American Red Cross, UNICEF, the United Nations Foundation, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and WHO. The data will be published in the 30 November editions of WHO’s Weekly Epidemiological Record and CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

The US, with a high rate of vaccination against the measles, reported 131 CASES of measles in the first six months of 2008 and zero deaths. Out of a population of 300 million.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5733a1.htm

Among the 131 cases, 17 (13%) were importations: three each from Italy and Switzerland; two each from Belgium, India, and Israel; and one each from China, Germany, Pakistan, the Philippines, and Russia. This is the lowest percentage of imported measles cases since 1996 (Figure 1). Nine of the importations were in U.S. residents who had traveled abroad, and eight were in foreign visitors. An additional 99 (76%) of the 131 cases were linked epidemiologically to importations or had virologic evidence of importation. The source of measles acquisition of 15 cases (11%) could not be determined.

Among the 131 measles patients, 123 were U.S. residents, of whom 99 (80%) were aged <20 years (Table). Five (4%) of the 123 patients had received 1 dose of MMR vaccine, six (5%) had received 2 doses of MMR vaccine, and 112 (91%) were unvaccinated or had unknown vaccination status. Among these 112 patients, 95 (85%) were eligible for vaccination, and 63 (66%) of those were unvaccinated because of philosophical or religious beliefs (Figure 2).

bossman068410
01-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Gardasil Exposed: Deadly vaccine pushed on millions of young boys and girls worldwide

Anthony Gucciardi
NaturalNews
January 13, 2011

As of June 2009, 15 million girls have been injected with the Gardasil vaccine. Out of 15 million people, 49 deaths may not seem like a lot. Unfortunately, however, there are many more cases of extreme side effects from the vaccination. In fact, the amount of adverse reactions was so high that Judicial Watch, a group that claims to expose government corruption, was forced to step in. Between May 2009 and September 2010 alone, Gardasil was linked to 3,589 harmful reactions and 16 deaths. Of the 3,589 adverse reactions, many were debilitating. Permanent disability was the result of 213 cases; 25 resulted in the diagnosis of Guillain-Barre Syndrome; and there were 789 other “serious” reports according to FDA documents.

bossman068410
01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Vaccines do not save any lives? Perhaps we should look at the experience of the former Soviet Union member states since we can get a "before" and "after" as well as "what if you just stop vaccines" example. Like much of the rest of the world, it had problems with diptheria before a vaccine was developed. Like the rest of the world, levels of the illness declined to very rare incidents. But with the collapse of the USSR they also experienced the collapse of other government ifrastructures as well- including healthcare. Fewer children were getting vaccinated and within just a couple of years, diptheria exploded.
http://www.typesofbacteria.co.uk/which-bacterium-causes-diphtheria.html

Or we can go to Africa and see what a difference vaccinations made. In the year 2000, there were 396,000 deaths from measles. Yes, measles. That year, an agressive vaccination program was instituted by the WHO and within just six years (by 2006) that number was reduced by an incredible 90% to 36,000. That represents 363,000 a year who did not die from the measles. Didn't save a single life I guess. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2007/pr62/en/index.html

The US, with a high rate of vaccination against the measles, reported 131 CASES of measles in the first six months of 2008 and zero deaths. Out of a population of 300 million.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5733a1.htm

Give me one name!

ps where did these statistic come from? oh big pharma and its paid off ally.

Diseases were on their way out long before vaccines arrived …epidemics have their own lifespan…

According to the World Health Statistics Annual 1973 – 1976, Volume 2, there has been a steady decline of infectious diseases in most developing countries regardless of the percentage of vaccines administered. Researchers pointed out that infectious diseases disappeared as the result of sanitation, improved public water supplies and personal hygiene, better distribution and increased consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. From 1850 to 1940, diseases had declined 90% and were at an all-time low, just when vaccines started to be introduced. In addition, diseases for which there was never a vaccine also declined dramatically.

Bottom line ...
1) I do not support any legistlation on any drugs including vaccines.
2) The state has NO Buisiness protecting the industry from lawsuits. ( If your glorious Vaccines are so good then prove it in court )
3) The state has NO Buisiness forcing or SCAMMING parents into thinking vaccines are manidtory to goto those schools.
4) The state has NO Buisiness paying or subsidizing the vaccines in ANY way.

NiceGoing
01-15-2011, 11:19 AM
N.B. Especially for Zippyjuan:cool:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Originally published August 27 2010)

Australia bans flu vaccines in children after vomiting, fevers, seizures
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) Although it's still summer in North America, it is of course winter in Australia, and the flu season is well under way there. As usual, Australian health authorities have been urging parents there to vaccinate their children against the flu, propagating the mythology that flu vaccines are both safe and effective. But this time around, many Australian parents found out the hard way that they were being lied to.

It didn't take long to realize the truth after their children start going into convulsions following the flu vaccine injections. Other children began vomiting or exhibiting dangerously high levels of fever. One child has gone into a coma and may never recover.

As reported in WA Today (http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/f...)

"Perth mother of two Bea Flint said her 11-month-old boy Avery had a seizure after receiving the first dose of the two-dose flu vaccination on Saturday. Mrs Flint said that after the 9am vaccination she noticed Avery had a minor temperature about 2pm. At 7.45pm, Avery started whimpering and moaning. When Mrs Flint got to his cot the baby had vomited and was lying on his side having a seizure. 'He couldn't cry - his head was hanging down in the car seat and he couldn't move. I was petrified - it was one of the worst experiences of my life."

The story goes on to say, "The doctor who treated Avery told Mrs Flint her baby was the fifth child with similar symptoms admitted to the hospital that day."

In other words, this was no rare event. Vaccinated children suffering severe convulsions were piling up in hospital emergency rooms across the country.

The real kicker, though, is that children started having convulsions two weeks ago but Australian health authorities ignored them, insisting that the vaccine was safe and causing it to be injected in yet more babies. Two weeks later, with dozens more children experiencing convulsions (and who knows how many thousands actually being harmed in less obvious ways), Commonwealth chief health officer Professor Jim Bishop finally announced the vaccination ban.

Remember: Health authorities in Australia, UK, the United States and everywhere else have relentlessly insisted that flu vaccines are perfectly safe and can't possibly harm anyone. In the U.S., the FDA has given its approval to the very same flu vaccine that's harming children in Australia, and the CDC has insisted that all children in the USA -- regardless of age -- should now be injected with this very same flu vaccine.

So now we've got a vaccine that Australia has banned but the USA somehow says is safe enough to inject into a six-month-old infant. How many convulsing babies will it take in the U.S. before American parents realize the truth about flu vaccines?

Chemically induced convulsions
As you're reading this, you may find yourself wonder, "Well, what could cause such convulsions in children?"

The answer is more terrifying than you might think, because it's not "weakened flu viruses" that vaccine manufacturer claim they put into the vaccines. A weakened flu virus doesn't send children into convulsions. Only a chemical can do that.

The chemical in question is one that's routinely added to most vaccines as a way to aggravate the immune system to respond to the presence of the weakened virus. It's called an "adjuvant" and consists of a highly inflammatory chemical that we now know may damage brain tissues and the nervous system. It is this adjuvant that most likely caused the convulsions in children.

Even in children who don't experience convulsions, there is speculation that this adjuvant may lead to future Alzheimer's disease or other neurological disorders. Vaccine manufacturers always attempt to downplay their use of adjuvant chemicals, and few media outlets focus on this important point, but it is the adjuvant that is most likely responsible for sending these Australian children into hospitals with convulsions.

Health authorities defend dangerous vaccine
One thing I've noticed about vaccine pushers is that they behave like irrational zealots. No matter how much evidence surfaces about the dangers of vaccines, they continue to mindlessly push them while ignoring the evidence.

A pediatric professor in Australia, Dr Peter Richmond, admitted that researchers were trying to figure out if the entire vaccine was dangerous, or if there was just a bad batch. But even before getting the answer to this question, he goes on to say that everybody over the age of five should go ahead and get injected with this same vaccine! (http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/f...)

In other words, he's so convinced the vaccine is safe -- even after dozens of children were obviously harmed by it -- that he's still pushing the same dangerous vaccine onto everybody else!

This is precisely the kind of attitude reflected across the vaccine industry. Reports of children being harmed, or paralyzed, or hospitalized by vaccines are always written off as "coincidence." The mounting evidence is simply thrown out the window because it conflicts with the pro-vaccine agenda.

Can you imagine the outrage if an herbal product sent fifty kids to the hospital suffering from convulsions? Health authorities across the world would be quick to condemn the product, and they'd confiscate it right off the shelves while shutting down the operations of its manufacturer. But somehow when a vaccine does the same thing, these same health authorities urge people to keep on injecting their children with it!

It makes no sense. But then again, the vaccine industry was never based on rational thinking in the first place. If health authorities were truly rational, they'd be handing out vitamin D supplements to children instead of injecting them with vaccines, because vitamin D has been scientifically proven to provide better protection against the flu than vaccines. (http://www.naturalnews.com/029333_v...)

Of course, to ask health authorities to make rational decisions is sort of like asking politicians to start telling the truth. In the complicated world of profits and politics, rational, honest thinking just doesn't get any traction. It's far more profitable to keep lying to the world and raking in billions of dollars each year off dangerous vaccines, even as they continue to harm innocent children.

I often wonder... How many dead children will it take before parents wake up and realize that flu vaccines are dangerous? The answer may surprise you: Even a million dead children won't change the minds of most parents because they just do whatever they're told by health authorities, even if it makes no rational sense.

Most parents are so brainwashed by the medical system that they would gladly line up to have their babies injected with chemotherapy if they were told it was somehow necessary.

At some point, the parents whose babies are being harmed or potentially even killed by these vaccines can only blame themselves. They were the ones who brought their babies to be injected with a chemical adjuvant and viral fragments, and they should know better than to trust the government when it comes to health advice. The government, after all, still says that pharmaceutical chemicals are good for you while vitamins, herbs and natural remedies are dangerous. And it's the government that approved the very vaccines that are right now sending these children to the hospital.

Any parent that trusts the government with the health of their child is setting themselves up for catastrophe. And that catastrophe could very well cost them the life of their child.

http://www.naturalnews.com/z029586_Australia_vaccines.html

Additional sources for this story include:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...

FLU VACCINE BANNED IN AUSTRALIA

Anti Federalist
01-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I do not, but I don't think someone who has, say a really nasty strain of something should be allowed to travel wherever they like, infecting whomever they come into contact with either.

If that "nasty strain of something" is a disease which you can be vaccinated against, what's the worry?

And if it's a nasty strain of something else, then you are risk regardless of vaccination.

Sorry, but your reply sounds far too much like the anti AIDS hysteria that was running around in the 80s with people advocating forced quarantine for AIDS victims.

Fox McCloud
01-15-2011, 12:17 PM
If that "nasty strain of something" is a disease which you can be vaccinated against, what's the worry?

And if it's a nasty strain of something else, then you are risk regardless of vaccination.

Sorry, but your reply sounds far too much like the anti AIDS hysteria that was running around in the 80s with people advocating forced quarantine for AIDS victims.

it all boils down to the NAP; if your car suddenly develops a mechanical abnormalities that causes it to make screeching noises in excess of 85 db, should you have the right to continue driving the car, or should it be up to others to deal with it, since they can prevent the issue by wearing ear-plugs/hearing protection?

It's a very gray area, and difficult to establish reasonable boundaries, especially when you have public property (with private property, the issue vanishes, as individual property owners could establish their own guidelines....ie: you can't enter unless you've had vaccination X, Y, and Z...open policy, etc).

Anti Federalist
01-15-2011, 12:37 PM
it all boils down to the NAP; if your car suddenly develops a mechanical abnormalities that causes it to make screeching noises in excess of 85 db, should you have the right to continue driving the car, or should it be up to others to deal with it, since they can prevent the issue by wearing ear-plugs/hearing protection?

It's a very gray area, and difficult to establish reasonable boundaries, especially when you have public property (with private property, the issue vanishes, as individual property owners could establish their own guidelines....ie: you can't enter unless you've had vaccination X, Y, and Z...open policy, etc).

I suppose, but I wouldn't call somebody with a noisy car as being violently aggressive and violating the NAP.

Nor am I really convinced that trading government tyranny for private property tyranny is much of a solution.

I suppose that, like much of what is happening these days, it comes down to a lack of being able to "shine things on". People will disturb your peace from time to time, just as they will sneeze cold germs on you from time to time as well.

It would have to be a pretty serious case of deliberately infecting people with a dangerous infection for me to suggest they be quarantined or shunned.

"That's the trouble with freedom, sometimes you have to tolerate the nonsense as well" - Ron Paul

heavenlyboy34
01-15-2011, 01:04 PM
I suppose, but I wouldn't call somebody with a noisy car as being violently aggressive and violating the NAP.

Nor am I really convinced that trading government tyranny for private property tyranny is much of a solution.

I suppose that, like much of what is happening these days, it comes down to a lack of being able to "shine things on". People will disturb your peace from time to time, just as they will sneeze cold germs on you from time to time as well.

It would have to be a pretty serious case of deliberately infecting people with a dangerous infection for me to suggest they be quarantined or shunned.

"That's the trouble with freedom, sometimes you have to tolerate the nonsense as well" - Ron Paul

+rep :cool:

axiomata
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM
For those interested Russ Roberts did an Econtalk podcast interview with the investigative reporter who broke this story: http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2011/01/deer_on_autism.html

heavenlyboy34
04-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Vaccine-Autism Researcher Indicted for Fraud (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vaccine-autism-researcher-indicted-for-fraud-120224134.html)

SILVER SPRING, Md., April 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Based on last week's indictment (http://mercury-freedrugs.org/docs/20110413_USAv_Thorsen_Indictment.pdf) of vaccine-autism researcher Dr. Poul Thorsen for money laundering and mail fraud, the Coalition for Mercury-free Drugs (http://mercury-freedrugs.org/docs/20110105_CoMeD_onepager_Preservatives_rb.pdf) (CoMeD), a Maryland-based non-profit organization, is calling for further investigation related to the incident.
Thorsen, a Danish scientist, has already been cited for academic misconduct by Aarhus University (http://www.rescuepost.com/files/thorsen-aarhus.pdf) in Denmark and is now charged with embezzling a $1 million grant for autism (http://www.justice.gov/usao/gan/press/2011/04-13-11.html) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). For several years, Thorsen was involved in influential studies defending the controversial use of Thimerosal (about 50% mercury by weight) as a preservative in several vaccines.
Thimerosal has been linked to autism (http://jpp.krakow.pl/journal/archive/12_10/articles/14_article.html) and other neurological diseases (http://www.autismtreatmentclinics.com/uploads/Published_Thimerosal_Exposure_in_Infants___NDs_-_Assessment_of_the_VSD1.pdf) by numerous studies. Dr. Paul G. King, Scientific Advisor for CoMeD, explains, "We need to consider the ever-growing body of toxicity studies linking the mercury in Thimerosal to severe neurological deficits, like autism, and to immune-system and mitochondrial damage. Such studies have shown that the level of Thimerosal in vaccines is not safe (http://mercury-freedrugs.org/docs/090813_fnldrft_EditorialOnSubacuteMercury%28Hg%29P oisoningByMedicine_r6b.pdf)."
As U.S. Attorney Sally Quillian Yates said (http://www.justice.gov/usao/gan/press/2011/04-13-11.html), "Grant money for disease research is a precious commodity. When grant funds are stolen, we lose not only the money, but also the opportunity to better understand and cure debilitating diseases."
According to CoMeD, U.S. health agencies have relied upon these now questionable Danish studies to sanction the use of Thimerosal. CoMeD registered its concerns about Thorsen and his influence on these studies in a groundbreaking letter (http://mercury-freedrugs.org/docs/100915_OIG_HHSLetterd.pdf) to Daniel R. Levinson, Inspector General the Department of Health and Human Services, on September 15, 2010. An international community of researchers and advocates signed onto the CoMeD letter.
Now, CoMeD is calling for an independent investigation into the scientific validity of all Danish vaccine-autism studies conducted during Thorsen's tenure and into the possible inappropriate involvement of employees at the CDC. Further, CoMeD is calling for the retraction of the 2004 Institute of Medicine report rejecting the causal relationship between Thimerosal and autism, which relied upon the Danish studies in which Thorsen participated.
CoMeD seeks to restore the public confidence in vaccination programs by banning the use of mercury-based compounds in vaccines and other medicines. Despite CoMeD's efforts, the U.S. continues to license and recommend Thimerosal-preserved vaccines for use in the U.S. and the rest of the world. The World Health Organization, with the strong support of Bill Gates of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (http://www.gatesfoundation.org/global-health/Pages/overview.aspx), continues to distribute Thimerosal-preserved vaccines in the developing world.
Rev. Lisa K. Sykes, President of CoMeD, expects the recent charges against Thorsen to serve as a turning point in the debate over Thimerosal: "In addition to the charges against Dr. Thorsen, the United Nations is drafting a treaty (http://www.unep.org/hazardoussubstances/Mercury/Negotiations/INC3/tabid/3469/Default.aspx) to reduce mercury exposure, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is reconsidering the use (http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm215061.htm) of mercury in dental fillings. I'd say its past time to reevaluate the legality, as well as the soundness, of injecting a Thimerosal-preserved vaccine into anyone."

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2011, 01:41 PM

In 1900, there were 40 diptheria deaths per 1000 people. Measles- 13, whooping cough (petrusus), 12 per 1000. Most of these were children. Add these up and you get 65 deaths per 1000 people. If those rates were still seen today, with our population of roughly 300 million, that would translate to 19.5 million deaths per year. http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2654:united-states-disease-death-rates&catid=55:united-states-deaths-from-diseases&Itemid=55 For women under 30, complications from childbirth was also a leading cause of death.

In the world today, 165,000 people still die from the measles- 450 a day. And that is actually down 78% just since the year 2000- due to increased vaccinations in poorer countries. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/

Is this statistic controlled for improved sanitation and food handling standards? More has changed in the world than just vaccines.