PDA

View Full Version : Watchdog: IRS tormenting struggling taxpayers

Anti Federalist
01-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Watchdog: IRS tormenting struggling taxpayers

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40929461/ns/business-us_business/

WASHINGTON — A government watchdog says the Internal Revenue Service is tormenting struggling taxpayers in the midst of a slumping economy by increasing the number of liens the agency has filed against people who owe back taxes.

The IRS filed nearly 1.1 million liens in the budget year that ended in September, a 14 percent jump over the previous year. Liens punish taxpayers and often hurt their ability to pay back taxes, National Taxpayer Advocate Nina E. Olson said Wednesday in her annual report to Congress.

Bossobass
01-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I bet not a single one went to Goldman Sucks.

Bosso

Anti Federalist
01-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I bet not a single one went to Goldman Sucks.

Bosso

Won't take that bet.

VBRonPaulFan
01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
This is actually what the IRS does:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=108339,00.html

Notice: It's a 'notice of federal lien', not an actual lien. I read somewhere that when push comes to shove and you forcibly demand that the IRS send you the actual lien, that they can never produce one since they technically don't have the authority to do one...and it's basically a scare/threat tactic to get you to submit your tithes to the state. I really wish there was a way I could verify if they could produce actual liens without getting myself wrapped up in the shit...haha. But if the IRS can't produce a physical lien document, you aren't obligated to give them a damn thing...

HOLLYWOOD
01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
The IRS' new motto:

"It's easier to break the individual or family, than it is a Bank or Corporation"

Fuckin IRS scumbags are the worlds #1 Terrorists backed by their own Nazi Tax Court System. The game is now rigged and 'We The People' are their Slaves.

oyarde
01-05-2011, 08:38 PM
The IRS' new motto:

"It's easier to break the individual or family, than it is a Bank or Corporation"

Fuckin IRS scumbags are the worlds #1 Terrorists backed by their own Nazi Tax Court System. The game is now rigged and 'We The People' are their Slaves.

Hollywood is onto something .

torchbearer
01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
The IRS' new motto:

a nation of debtor slaves.

QueenB4Liberty
01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
The IRS' new motto:

this

Captain Shays
01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Last year when my wife got laid off our funds were diminished to the point that we had a choice whether to buy food and pay our utility bills to keep our house warm in the winter or pay the IRS. Of course we didn't keep up with the IRS payments and fell behind. I do boat salvage and sold a couple of boats that enabled us to pay our mortgage and some bills. We wrote a bunch of checks and made some online payments so they were all in the pipeline already. My bank account already showed that the funds came out but the IRS went into my bank account and took every dime which caused nearly $400 just in overdraft fees. So not only did they screw us for paying our bills, but they left us in a $400 deficit. On top of that my bank, Bank of America charged another $100 for administrative fees for the honors of helping the IRS wipe us out. I spent the next 6 months living in my van or at friend's houses and my wife moved in with her sister in Florida and we didn't see each other for 6 months. IRS stands for "I Represent Satan".

oyarde
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Last year when my wife got laid off our funds were diminished to the point that we had a choice whether to buy food and pay our utility bills to keep our house warm in the winter or pay the IRS. Of course we didn't keep up with the IRS payments and fell behind. I do boat salvage and sold a couple of boats that enabled us to pay our mortgage and some bills. We wrote a bunch of checks and made some online payments so they were all in the pipeline already. My bank account already showed that the funds came out but the IRS went into my bank account and took every dime which caused nearly $400 just in overdraft fees. So not only did they screw us for paying our bills, but they left us in a $400 deficit. On top of that my bank, Bank of America charged another $100 for administrative fees for the honors of helping the IRS wipe us out. I spent the next 6 months living in my van or at friend's houses and my wife moved in with her sister in Florida and we didn't see each other for 6 months. IRS stands for "I Represent Satan".

These last three words are good . Sorry for your troubles . Good Luck .

Anti Federalist
01-05-2011, 09:37 PM
PM inbound

Anti Federalist
01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
The IRS' new motto:

That + rep

torchbearer
01-05-2011, 09:41 PM

You are a better man than me, that would have crossed the line with me. A thief is a thief, and there is only one cure for a thief that just won't stop.

puppetmaster
01-05-2011, 10:41 PM
The IRS' new motto:

QFT

they are the terrorists and need to be destroyed at all costs

puppetmaster
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM

They did the same thing to my 70 year old parents. Now my mother is a stress case and my dad is bitter as hell. I testified against them on my fathers behalf and every since them they audit me and put liens on my accounts. I do a good job at staying "broke" and they keep sniffing around every year. I hope they burn in hell and I know I will have the last word.

amy31416
01-05-2011, 11:16 PM
How is it legal for the IRS to go into someone's bank accounts and steal their money without a trial showing that they actually owe anything?

Has anyone ever tried to sue a bank for allowing unauthorized access to their accounts? Why didn't this happen to Geithner?

Anti Federalist
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
How is it legal for the IRS to go into someone's bank accounts and steal their money without a trial showing that they actually owe anything?

Has anyone ever tried to sue a bank for allowing unauthorized access to their accounts? Why didn't this happen to Geithner?

It isn't legal.

It's not legal for IRS to make you to self incriminate yourself by signing a return either.

Nothing about the IRS is even close to being legal.

They just fucking do it, and if you resist they ruin you, arrest you or send in a squad of heavily armed men and cut you down with automatic weapons fire.

Unless you are politically connected.

Then you'll skate.

Which is why, in the final analysis, political reform is a dead end.

This will end only two ways, bankruptcy and collapse into something different from what it is now, or physical revolt and resistance.

amy31416
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
It isn't legal.

It's not legal for IRS to make you to self incriminate yourself by signing a return either.

They just fucking do it, and if you resist they ruin you, arrest you or send in a squad of heavily armed men and cut you down with automatic weapons fire.

Then you'll skate.

This will end only two ways, bankruptcy and collapse into something different from what it is now, or physical revolt and resistance.

All outta rep for the day, dammit.

Given that we have a tad bit of freedom remaining--is it possible for an alternative bank to crop up? One that isn't connected to the government matrix? I'd definitely do business with them....

Anti Federalist
01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Given that we have a tad bit of freedom remaining--is it possible for an alternative bank to crop up? One that isn't connected to the government matrix? I'd definitely do business with them....

Maybe a "trade" bank where physical goods or work credits are stored, banked and traded.

But a full fledged, FRN handling bank in the commonly understood sense of the word?

Not on your life, the FED and the gov have that stitched up tighter than crab's ass underwater.

ETA - IRS is like TSA. Where do they get the right to violate the 4th Amendment wholesale?

The answer is, they don't, they just do it, and in another 10 or 20 years, it'll be an accepted norm, a fait accompli, just like so many other things that have gone before it.

puppetmaster
01-05-2011, 11:51 PM
It isn't legal.

Then you'll skate.

They did knock on my five foot tall mothers door with guns drawn. Scared the hell out of her. Took everything they own and left them with a small amount of SS. I have them on my "bucket list" each one!

specialK
01-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Maybe a "trade" bank where physical goods or work credits are stored, banked and traded.

That sounds like a barter system. Here in Canada, the Tax Gestapo taxes a barter system. I highly doubt the IRS is any more lenient.

Pericles
01-06-2011, 12:02 AM
http://www.griffonbank.com/eng/services/current/

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for bringing this up because: I know many people that have been terrorized and destroyed financially because of the IRS. What your experience has proven... is exactly what/how the IRS does their COVERT OPERATIONAL ATTACKS on the little people. They won't attack you at your workplace or confront you in a public surrounding, they always hit you when it is least visible... so as, not to show the Tyranny of these Terrorists and how they rule over the people. Their Propaganda and well coordinated omerta OPS to keep it as quiet/isolated as possible, so when a jury has to deliberate, the common folks don't recall IRS attacks and theft, they remain unknown.

It's easier to attack the singular... then have a closed rigged Tax Court system to finish the deal.

Frankly, I'm wishing for Jury Duty on a TAX/IRS/US Treasury cases! ;)

They did the same thing to my 70 year old parents. Now my mother is a stress case and my dad is bitter as hell. I testified against them on my fathers behalf and every since them they audit me and put liens on my accounts. I do a good job at staying "broke" and they keep sniffing around every year. I hope they burn in hell and I know I will have the last word.

Captain Shays
01-06-2011, 12:29 PM
It isn't legal.

Then you'll skate.

Very insightful and spot on which leads me to believe that ALL of the subsequent suggestions about how to deal with it will ever work and I'm also losing hop in Ron Paul's election. I still hold him up as my hero and our ONLY hope but he and we are up against some very powerful people, ignorant masses, the mainstream media and years upon years of indoctrination in our public schools so there's no way to re-educate Americans about the Constitution, freedom, free market capitalism or ANYTHING that will change ANYTHING before what's going to happen happens.
I am in survival mode now. My only hope is to hook up with other like minded people who will resist along with me and who are ready to fight the cops, the IRS and every other gang, government agency, mob or army that will come to throw me/us in some camp or leave me/us completely defenseless against the other mobs.

Many people here understand what's going on but many are like me a few months ago. Holding out some kind of hope that we can do it through the electoral process, activism, talking to as many people as we can, working the internet etc etc etc. The really sad and alarming facts remain that ALL of the pieces for a total government take over are already in place. We're just one major crisis away whether it's collapse of our currency, an environmental disaster or or terrorist attack away from all bets being off for all the other suggestions.
We're screwed right now and we're in denial about how far it has gotten. Our ONLY chance at this point in my humble opinion is to link up with others, join a militia (secretly as possible) arm up with unregistered weapons, set up stores of food and a place to put up a resistance. KNOW this; the internet and ALL other means of electronic means of communication WILL be cut off so we who are together need some way to communicate without the government being able to eavesdrop to find out where we're going, what we're doing, and who we are.
I didn't used to be this way, but I too am pretty insightful and have really good discernment and to me, its very clear where this is going and I really don't care who think's I'm a militia nut, or a conspiracy nut or an "enemy of the state". I used to but not any more. I think they're all stupid if they don't see whats going on or they're simply too scared to imagine so they try other things to "change" it. All I can say is. IT WONT WORK. We won't get Ron Paul elected. We won't change the minds of the majority of Americans. The MSM will NEVER tell the truth and we will never get our government back into their Constitutional limits. We are now living in a certified police state

Captain Shays
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for bringing this up because: I know many people that have been terrorized and destroyed financially because of the IRS. What your experience has proven... is exactly what/how the IRS does their COVERT OPERATIONAL ATTACKS on the little people. They won't attack you at your workplace or confront you in a public surrounding, they always hit you when it is least visible... so as, not to show the Tyranny of these Terrorists and how they rule over the people. Their Propaganda and well coordinated omerta OPS to keep it as quiet/isolated as possible, so when a jury has to deliberate, the common folks don't recall IRS attacks and theft, they remain unknown.

It's easier to attack the singular... then have a closed rigged Tax Court system to finish the deal.

Frankly, I'm wishing for Jury Duty on a TAX/IRS/US Treasury case! ;)

Have you ever seen "America From Freedom To Fascism"? There are numerous business owners in that film who experienced the IRS coming into their places of business and acting on Satan's behalf.

amonasro
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Anyone remember the Simpsons where Krusty the Clown gets caught for tax evasion? The IRS takes over his clown show (Herschel Krustofsky's Clown-Related Entertainment Show) and Krusty Burger becomes IRS Burger. "Fill out schedule B, you'll receive your burger in 4-6 weeks."

Krusty: I can't go to jail! I got a swanky lifestyle. I'm used to the best.
IRS Guy: Krusty, this is America. We don't send our celebrities to jail. We're just going to garnish your salary.
Krusty: Garnish my celery?!
IRS Guy: Please, Krusty, no jokes!
Krusty: Who's joking?! Oh, I don't know what you're saying, it all sounds so crazy to me.
IRS Guy: It simply means we'll be taking part of your salary until your debt is repaid. Say, 75% for 40 years.
Krusty: But I don't plan to live that long.
IRS Guy: Better make it 95%.

Captain Shays
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
This ain't the Simpson''s Bro

amonasro
01-06-2011, 01:30 PM
This ain't the Simpson''s Bro

Just trying to bring a smile to a face. Ever hear of satire?

Fredom101
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
It isn't legal.

Then you'll skate.

Good post. Let's hope it doesn't end in physical revolt. Many of us will get wiped out. But we know for sure that political reform is dead. I wish more people could see what a destructive force the US government is. We need the masses to support so-called tax evaders, but as of now, most people think the gov't is good and people who don't pay taxes are evil and should be shot. :(

Chester Copperpot
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Im going to share my personal story as I just contacted the IRS yesterday when I saw this article from Nina Olsen over on www.dailyfinance.com (Of course shes a hack that works for the IRS, but it got me mad enough to call these people)

So years ago I had a business did everything on the up and up.. had a payroll company to do my payroll taxes, etc.. paid everybody on the books etc..

Well every quarter your payroll company electronically files a quarterly 941 form. and every week when you do your payroll they send your tax money directly to the IRS. They even guarantee any kind of fuckup etc..

But what happens if you switch payroll companies in the middle of a quarter? It means the new payroll company sends in the quarterly 941 but the former payroll company does not.

So 9 years ago last month I got a visit from the IRS saying I owed upwards of $100,000 in payroll taxes. The lady came in (and ironically she was the mother of a kid I went to high school with) said I owed the IRS all this money... I looked at her forms and pointed out to her (on her own forms) where it showed I had PAID all of this money already.. (the payroll companies automatically send it in every week)..

She looks at it and says "You're right.. you have paid all of this. You just didn't file the 941 forms properly. And if you don't file the 941 forms properly we're allowed to ask for the money a second time.

I said, but you got the money already.. You can see it right here.

She says "well of course we take money from people.. If somebody wants to send us money we'd be stupid not to take it.. but if you dont file the forms properly we can ask for the money a second time."

Up until December 2001, I had never any reason to fear the govt.. I always followed the law.. Of course the government will do the right thing and fix my problem...

But it turned out that they didnt care about my problem and just wanted to extract more money..

So after 9 or so years I actually got mad and called them up yesteday.. after 90 minutes of getting bounced around thru 5 different people now I have to wait 45 days for somebody to contact me.. but evidently the IRS is not allowed to "ask for the money a second time."

This is criminal fraud on their part IMO.

But in retrospect it was this crazy experience that led me on a search to educate myself and it took me 4 or 5 years to figure it all out.. but I learned about the IRS, the federal reserve, and believe it or not Ron Paul.

I didnt know anything about the Creature from Jekyll Island or America from freedom to Fascism. I spent my free time looking up supreme court cases, reading some information and then looking up my old economics books before I realized what a scam the entire federal reserve system is.

But during that time too In my readings I used to run into this little quiet congressmen from Texas named Ron Paul who would talk about some of the same things I was learning about.. And I would wonder who is this guy and why is he the only one talking about such things..

So God bless Ron Paul and all of you really.

and before I die, I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor to seeing this horrific federal reserve system abolished once and for all.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Have you ever seen "America From Freedom To Fascism"? There are numerous business owners in that film who experienced the IRS coming into their places of business and acting on Satan's behalf. That's small BIZ... you won't see the IRS thugs raiding to get that person in the Rayburn building of Washington, or the New York Times offices, FOX/NBC/CBS/ABC, EBay, Google, or Paramount/Disney Studios...

They at the IRS, know exactly where and when to attack to minimize visible terror.

Pericles
01-06-2011, 01:49 PM
The IRS knows that small business do not have the resources to fight. Companies that buy Congressmen don't have to deal with that.

Krugerrand
01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
If somebody wants I'll dig it up ... but when the IRS thugs came after the NV guy who paid his contract workers American Eagles at face value, the took out all of the security cameras (they could find) as one of their first steps.

Why, oh why, would they have a reason to do that? It's very telling.

Captain Shays
01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't believe in coincidences. This just off the press from Chuck Baldwin
http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?p=2711

There is a reason for everything. For those of us involved in this thread I really think we are being awakened.

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2011, 02:35 PM
This is a Great Article written by Chuck Baldwin. I think the most overlooked scheme of government today, is the "TAX CREDITS" which either reward their partners in crime or Supress the recipients into silent slavery. Thanx for posting this!

+rep

PS: maybe Chuck read my OP? :)

...In this regard, when then-Senator Lyndon Johnson created the heinous 501(c)3 IRS tax-exempt status for churches, he very cleverly (with assistance from Hades, I might add) planted the seeds that would grow up to intimidate the vast majority of America’s pastors and church leaders into becoming silent slaves of the state.
I don't believe in coincidences. This just off the press from Chuck Baldwin
http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?p=2711

There is a reason for everything. For those of us involved in this thread I really think we are being awakened.

Chester Copperpot
01-06-2011, 04:10 PM
So I just emailed this to the taxpayer advocacy email address as their suggest form for comments and the like had a problem..
Most of it is my prior post.. please forgive any repeititon:

TO: Ms. Nina Olsen.

Re: If you're REALLY about taxpayer advocacy, then you'll be able to help me.

So years ago I had a business did everything on the up and up.. had a payroll company to do my payroll taxes, etc.. paid everybody on the books etc..

Well every quarter your payroll company electronically files a quarterly 941 form. and every week when you do your payroll they send your tax money directly to the IRS. They even guarantee any kind of screwup etc..

But what happens if you switch payroll companies in the middle of a quarter? It means the new payroll company sends in the quarterly 941 but the former payroll company does not.

So 9 years ago last month I got a visit from the IRS saying I owed upwards of $100,000 in payroll taxes. The lady came in (and ironically she was the mother of a kid I went to high school with) said I owed the IRS all this money... I looked at her forms and pointed out to her (on her own forms) where it showed I had PAID all of this money already.. (the payroll companies automatically send it in every week)..

She looks at it and says "You're right.. you have paid all of this. You just didn't file the 941 forms properly. And if you don't file the 941 forms properly we're allowed to ask for the money a second time.

I said, but you got the money already.. You can see it right here.

She says "well of course we take money from people.. If somebody wants to send us money we'd be stupid not to take it.. but if you dont file the forms properly we can ask for the money a second time."

Up until December 2001, I had never any reason to fear the govt.. I always followed the law.. Of course the government will do the right thing and fix my problem...

But it turned out that they didn't care about my problem and just wanted to extract more money..

So bravo IRS.. You took a guy who paid $1,000-$1,500 INTO FICA week after week as an employer. You ruined a business that provided you with money as well as 75 jobs in the local economy. And the whole time you did it, insisting on getting paid TWICE because you claimed to have some rule that allowed you to ask for the money twice.

This is criminal fraud on the IRS's part IMO.

I would appreciate a reply via email that you received this and are interested on helping me fix this problem.

Captain Shays
01-06-2011, 06:30 PM
If my wife didn't hate the cold so much (She's from South Carolina) I would strongly consider moving up to Montana near Chuck Baldwin to make our stand. Maybe our last stand but at least some one would be making a stand.

Chester Copperpot
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
If my wife didn't hate the cold so much (She's from South Carolina) I would strongly consider moving up to Montana near Chuck Baldwin to make our stand. Maybe our last stand but at least some one would be making a stand.

I think making a stand like that against the IRS isnt a good idea..

Much better IMO to attack the soft underbelly of the beast - the federal reserve... and thats the real problem

Captain Shays
01-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I think making a stand like that against the IRS isnt a good idea..

Much better IMO to attack the soft underbelly of the beast - the federal reserve... and thats the real problem

You know what? I agree with you. But what I was talking about was sort of a idea that when it gets so bad that there isn't any chance of preserving or restoring the Constitution then Montana or another freedom loving place might be a place we could flock to.