PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul votes for Boehner as Speaker

Philhelm
01-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I was watching C-SPAN and was curious what Dr. Paul's vote would be. Personally, I'm glad he voted for Boehner, since it's a forgone conclusion anyway. So, is it confirmed that Ron Paul will be overseeing the Fed at this point?

Slutter McGee
01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
The man let Paul have the subcommittee. Don't blame Ron for voting for him.

Slutter McGee

Brett85
01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
So, is it confirmed that Ron Paul will be overseeing the Fed at this point?

Yes.

Aratus
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

erowe1
01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I was watching C-SPAN and was curious what Dr. Paul's vote would be. Personally, I'm glad he voted for Boehner, since it's a forgone conclusion anyway. So, is it confirmed that Ron Paul will be overseeing the Fed at this point?

I thought votes for leadership were anonymous. Is that not true?

Liberty_Mike
01-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Boner let him have the subcommittee chair, so he kind of had to.
By the way, who else would he have voted for?? Of course he was going to cast a yes vote.

Philhelm
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Apparently not, although I would have thought the same thing. They had all of the representatives' names called off in alphabetical order, and each one would verbally cast his or her vote. That's good though; at least there's some trancparency.

tangent4ronpaul
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM

no, it's not true

roll call vote:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274766-And-the-new-Speaker-of-the-house-is....-%28drum-roll%29

-t

Philhelm
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Boner let him have the subcommittee chair, so he kind of had to.
By the way, who else would he have voted for?? Of course he was going to cast a yes vote.

It wasn't a yes or no vote. Most of the Republicans voted for Boehner, while most of the Democrats voted for Pelosi. After about maybe three hundred votes, there were perhaps a dozen tallied as "other". To be honest, I'm not familiar with the process, other than what I had seen on the television. However, it would make sense that the Speaker of the House wouldn't be dependent upon party, technically speaking. It's just that party politics makes it a forgone conclusion, depending upon which party is in the majority.

Philhelm
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
The man let Paul have the subcommittee. Don't blame Ron for voting for him.

Slutter McGee

I agree, although I half-expected him to vote for someone else. Glad he didn't, since now is the time for the wily doctor to do some politicking.

reduen
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
What? I can't believe that the honorable Dr. Ron Paul would vote for such a war-mongering NeoCon Rino as Boner!?!?!?

I guess I am going to have to re-evaluate my support of congressman Paul now!!! :rolleyes:

qh4dotcom
01-05-2011, 02:04 PM
What? I can't believe that the honorable Dr. Ron Paul would vote for such a war-mongering NeoCon Rino as Boner!?!?!?

I guess I am going to have to re-evaluate my support of congressman Paul now!!! :rolleyes:

I thought RP wasn't too happy that Boehner supported the TARP bailouts

HOLLYWOOD
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM
For the statisticians: Ron Paul was the 164 vote for John Boehner.

have a nice day :)

TheTyke
01-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Save political capital for where you can make a difference... works for me. If there's no one else running, I guess there's not much you can do. Ron is too humble to vote for himself... lol.

charrob
01-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Michele Bachmann, and now this??? i thought he was principled? :confused:

oyarde
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM

He is .

Lucille
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM
In related news, Boehner supports Cino (http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/05/new-speaker-boehner-backs-maria-cino-in-race-for-rnc-chairmanship/) for RNC Chair.

reduen
01-05-2011, 02:52 PM

He must really be a lizard person afterall!?!?!?!?! ;)

Brett85
01-05-2011, 02:56 PM

Lol. I knew there had to be at least one comment like that on this thread.

jtstellar
01-05-2011, 03:39 PM

LOL charrob you support animal rights AND abortion at the same time

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274053-Should-Cockfighting-Be-Legal&p=3045172&viewfull=1#post3045172

pls don't talk about principles and make me puke

but..but! john bush won't approve! waaah waaah

it's funny how the bottom of the liberty movement are usually the bunch that *hypocritically cry about "principles" the most

that's right, this is about the third time rp has played republican politics. anybody dropping out yet? sign below (you won't be missed)

|
|
|
|
|
|

emazur
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Giant douche vs. turd sandwich
http://www.carolinapoliticsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/douche-turd.jpg

Boehner certainly did not deserve to be nominated by the GOP as Speaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJhOfEcgX-g

Brett85
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL charrob you support animal rights AND federally sanctioned abortion at the same time

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274053-Should-Cockfighting-Be-Legal&p=3045172&viewfull=1#post3045172

pls don't talk about principles and make me puke

but..but! john bush won't approve! waaah waaah

it's funny how the bottom of the liberty movement are usually the bunch that *hypocritically cry about "principles" the most

that's right, this is about the third time rp has played republican politics. anybody dropping out yet? sign below (you won't be missed)

|
|
|
|
|
|

Wow. I never read the posts in that thread. Animals have the exact same rights as humans but yet the unborn have no rights? Wow.

klamath
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM

He is just NOT YOUR princiiples which are a hell of long ways form RP's.

klamath
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Wow. I never read the posts in that thread. Animals have the exact same rights as humans but yet the unborn have no rights? Wow. Yeaw I do believe Ron would have grabbed baby Rand before the family dog if his house was on fire. I don't think Ron would have been thinking "Rand or Fluffy? Rand or Fluffy? Beings that they are equal Fluffy is closer, so Fluffy it is."