PDA

View Full Version : House Speaker changes today. Stilll a Protestant-Less Supreme Court

doodle
01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Protestant-Less US government changes today as a protestant finally taking one of the top offices in US government with change of US House speaker. But top officers of SC Justices, Senate Chair, WH are still Protestant-less.

Does it matter?

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/june/24.16.html

jmdrake
01-05-2011, 10:29 AM
*Gasp* The Catholics and Jews are going to institute Islamic Sharia law! (Just kidding). Yeah, it's funny that are running around worrying about an Islamic takeover because of some Mosque being built blocks away from ground zero and ignoring which groups actually have real power in this country.

erowe1
01-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Does it matter?

I do think it should cause evangelicals to do some soul-searching about possibility that their movement is too distracted by keeping up with all the latest fads, too market-driven, too anti-intellectual, too emphatic on short-term church growth without regard for long-term investments in the Kingdom of God, and too generally lazy.

Bush did nominate an evangelical for SCOTUS, and she proved to be too much of a ditz for the Senate to confirm, so he switched to another Catholic instead. I see that episode as a microcosm of something much bigger that's been going on for a long time.

fisharmor
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM
If John Boehner and John Paul Stevens are examples of good protestant civil servants, then let's get rid of all of them everywhere.

doodle
01-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I do think it should cause evangelicals to do some soul-searching about possibility that their movement is too distracted by keeping up with all the latest fads, too market-driven, too anti-intellectual, too emphatic on short-term church growth without regard for long-term investments in the Kingdom of God, and too generally lazy.

Bush did nominate an evangelical for SCOTUS, and she proved to be too much of a ditz for the Senate to confirm, so he switched to another Catholic instead. I see that episode as a microcosm of something much bigger that's been going on for a long time.

It's probably divine plan to educate them for supporting invasion of Iraq.

I stand corrected, new GOP speaker is not a Protestant either. Looks like Iraq lesson still continues for evangelicals and the rest.

jmdrake
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
If John Boehner and John Paul Stevens are examples of good protestant civil servants, then let's get rid of all of them everywhere.

Well it turns out Bohner's Catholic. So is he an example of a "good Catholic civil servant"? On a certain level it doesn't matter. They all suck. Sota Mayer "wise Catholic woman" sucks as bad as John "protestant" Paul Stevens and Ruth "Jewish" Bater Ginsburg. The only relevancy I see is that dumbed down evangelicals are running around worrying about "Sharia law" being based. By who exactly? :confused:

Chieppa1
01-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Can we vote in atheists? One less voice in their ears on Capital Hill.

doodle
01-05-2011, 11:18 AM
*Gasp* The Catholics and Jews are going to institute Islamic Sharia law! (Just kidding). Yeah, it's funny that are running around worrying about an Islamic takeover because of some Mosque being built blocks away from ground zero and ignoring which groups actually have real power in this country.

That could be their game :) Keep the evangelicals occupied with the sharia law threat so they never find out that they have been completely wiped out of top offices of US government.

speciallyblend
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Can we vote in atheists? One less voice in their ears on Capital Hill.

I kid you not, I was reading every post in this thread then putting it all together thinking to myself^^^^^^^^^^^^^^" Can we vote in atheists? One less voice in their ears on Capital Hill". When i arrow to the nest post and bam bam:) Then again the atheist would figure out away to screw it up somehow!

RonPaulFanInGA
01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
House Speaker changes today.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7572/57074474.jpg

Philhelm
01-05-2011, 11:45 AM
And I had thought our masters were devout followers of the Devil. I stand corrected.

SpiritOf1776_J4
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM
That the RC is supporting the new crusades doesn't seem to make a lot of logical sense; but experiance tends to support the idea that they believe in top down authority (the pope), and use of force. That only affects the foreign policy in the legislative and executive branches.

In the judicial branch, where I expect to see the most bias is the pedophile scandal and "sovereign immunity" for the pope. The Roman Catholic church shielded itself from criminal charges for raping kids on a very massive scale, even using its diplomatic immunity to cover up evidence of pedophile rapes from investigators.

That has been in a number of lawsuits, and the official that was in charge of *that* cover up is - *drum roll* - the current pope. It is not even clear that it is constitutional to give the catholic church foreign country status with special privilages in the United States - that is clearly a violation of "no establishment of religion (as a state)" in the clearest meaning of those words. And yet we're sending diplomats to it and establishing it with special rights. It is even the only religion sitting on the United Nations.

If *that* ever reaches the supreme court, I expect we will see exactly why it isn't a good idea to have all justices on the court Roman Catholic.

jmdrake
01-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I kid you not, I was reading every post in this thread then putting it all together thinking to myself^^^^^^^^^^^^^^" Can we vote in atheists? One less voice in their ears on Capital Hill". When i arrow to the nest post and bam bam:) Then again the atheist would figure out away to screw it up somehow!

The atheist god was whispering in both of your ears at the same time. :p

Zippyjuan
01-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Protestant-Less US government changes today as a protestant finally taking one of the top offices in US government with change of US House speaker. But top officers of SC Justices, Senate Chair, WH are still Protestant-less.

Does it matter?

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2010/june/24.16.html

I don't care what religion they are as long as they don't try to impose it on others.

doodle
01-06-2011, 11:20 PM
And I had thought our masters were devout followers of the Devil. I stand corrected.

This takes the cake.

doodle
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Collective punishment perhaps, this famous and now historic letter sent to GW Bush by SBC elders in 2002 may explain Protestant-free top US government offices today:

http://erlc.com/article/the-so-called-land-letter/

Steve Hays very telling comment right below the letter sums it up nicely.

jmdrake
01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Collective punishment perhaps, this famous and now historic letter sent to GW Bush by SBC elders in 2002 may explain Protestant-free top US government offices today:

http://erlc.com/article/the-so-called-land-letter/

Steve Hays very telling comment right below the letter sums it up nicely.

Wow! I wonder what the idiot Dr. Land thinks about the fact that Christians in Iraq are now worse off after the fall of Saddam. :mad: