PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIES sign up for 5th of NOVEMBER donation day!!

Falseflagop
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Goal is $100 per person and try o raise 10 mil in 1 day, is it possible, anything is possible and RP win is a reality regardless what MSM tries t shove down our throat!

http://www.thisnovember5th.com/

Go sign up!

TechnoGuyRob
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Don't forget

http://thisnovember11th.com

paulitics
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Donate today for the advertising goal. Don't wait.

mannycp
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Please join us this November 5th for the largest one day political donation event in history. Our goal is to bring together 100,000 people to donate $100 each, creating a one day donation total of $10,000,000.

Nathan Hale
10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Goal is $100 per person and try o raise 10 mil in 1 day, is it possible, anything is possible and RP win is a reality regardless what MSM tries t shove down our throat!

http://www.thisnovember5th.com/

Go sign up!

Forget this and DONATE NOW. Ron Paul needs $200,000 in donations over the next 24 hours or he misses an actual campaign fundraising goal for the first time ever. This is not a joke, this is not some feel-good goal tied to some meaningless day, Ron Paul needs your money NOW. So don't hold out, donate today, within the next 24 hours, or we're going to look really bad.

Nathan Hale
10-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Please join us this November 5th for the largest one day political donation event in history. Our goal is to bring together 100,000 people to donate $100 each, creating a one day donation total of $10,000,000.

That's not a goal, it's a crack pipe dream, and we're all dumber for even entertaining the idea.

maiki
10-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I agree! donate today! The sooner the campaign has the money, the more use it will be.

shepburn
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
the day doesn't matter ... but everyone needs to MAX out by the end of the campaign!

SAVE NOW ... this is your country we are talking about!!

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
That's not a goal, it's a crack pipe dream, and we're all dumber for even entertaining the idea.

see this post regarding Nathans response..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27431

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 09:17 PM
No, hes not an agent, just a Nov 5 hater.

Anyways, Im waiting til Nov 5, cuz I am a broke student, and the electionis 1 year away, and they already paid for the radio ads.

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 09:17 PM

Nathan- unless you intentionally want rude arguments to flare up in these threads it would be good of you to consider how many people you just insulted. There is no more room for these types of antagonistic posts on these boards.. please.

SwordOfShannarah
10-21-2007, 09:18 PM
No, hes not an agent, just a Nov 5 hater.

Anyways, Im waiting til Nov 5, cuz I am a broke student, and the electionis 1 year away, and they already paid for the radio ads.

I didn't say he was an agent. I'm saying he is starting flame wars. There is no need for it.

paulitics
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Look. Its just after the debate, and we should all be donating now, not for some future date. Dr. Paul set the goal for us, shouldn't that be more important than anything right now? This continuous flooding of this board and elsewhere (opportunistically I might add) on debate night is hurting campaign contributions for the goal in front of us, that we probably will lose. Why can't you guys see that, or more importantly why don't seem to care? Please consider what your doing.

Chip
10-22-2007, 03:51 AM
I have $100 for the 5th and the 11th. If anyone needs help getting their $100. PM me.

enjoiskaterguy
10-22-2007, 04:41 AM

WOW man....aren't you positive. Besides, what the hell are you talking about. We are all on the same playing field here and need to support each other. Our goal is 10 million yes, but is that going to happen on Nov. 5th....Highly unlikely. Setting a high goal will encourage a lot of poeple to donate....Who cares if its not $10,000,000. Even if its just $500,000 that would be great in itself but by the amount of online advertizement of this movement I suspect the donation range to be at most 1,000,000. Thats only 10,000 supporters donating $100. Is that possible? Most definetly. We all need to keep speading the word of this movement as much as possible...the best way to do this is keep uploading new and the old Nov. 5th youtube videos and make comments on other ron paul videos about this massive donation day.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 04:49 AM
Look. Its just after the debate, and we should all be donating now, not for some future date. Dr. Paul set the goal for us, shouldn't that be more important than anything right now? This continuous flooding of this board and elsewhere (opportunistically I might add) on debate night is hurting campaign contributions for the goal in front of us, that we probably will lose. Why can't you guys see that, or more importantly why don't seem to care? Please consider what your doing.

Agreed. HQ sends out strategically timed fundraising letters & emails to help boost support at critical times. They did so a few days ago, along with adding a new goal/countdown graphic on the site. The priority should be working to fulfill the campaign's fundraising goals, not a the goals of a group of supporters.

If you have the means to do so, you should consider donating now.

Chip
10-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Nathan- unless you intentionally want rude arguments to flare up in these threads it would be good of you to consider how many people you just insulted. There is no more room for these types of antagonistic posts on these boards.. please.

Hello SwordOfShannarah. Don't you love Ron Paul's message of freedom?

You only push this thread up by posting to it you know.

ClockwiseSpark
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
bump

erowe1
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Just remember everyone, if you have money to donate, and you are trying to decide whether to wait until November 5th or just donate it now, it's better if you donate it now. The more the better, the sooner the better.

SwordOfShannarah
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Hello SwordOfShannarah. Don't you love Ron Paul's message of freedom?

You only push this thread up by posting to it you know.

uhmm.. isn't that what you just did? WHOOPS! I just did it again... and? lol- is this guy really banned?

Nathan Hale
10-22-2007, 07:26 PM

These boards exist to further Ron Paul's campaign, not cowtow to ill conceived notions. I'm not being intentionally rude, I'm pointing out what works and lambasting what does not. Ron Paul's candidacy isn't some game, where we can offer a place where all happy-go-lucky individuals can promote whatever they want and have it go uncriticized. We need good ideas, and good activists, and we need to strike down bad ideas. This $10M on 11/5 is ridiculous. I'm not being insulting, I'm being dead serious and dead accurate. I state this as fact: You're an idiot if you think there is a chance in hell of this campaign to get $10M in donations in a single day.

I've done campaigning. I've been in the trenches and in the board rooms of political campaigns. This is simply not possible, and it takes away from real efforts that need help, such as the official fundraising deadline that is about to FAIL because of the ill-conceived efforts of the 11/5 crowd.

Nathan Hale
10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
I didn't say he was an agent. I'm saying he is starting flame wars. There is no need for it.

If you continue to undermine official campaign donation goals by floating some asinine idea about earning $10M in a single day next month, then you deserve to be confronted. If you choose to call it "flaming" or whatever, I don't care, because this campaign matters to me. I'm not going out of my way to be insulting, but I am within the bounds to reason to call a person an idiot if they believe that Ron Paul will raise $10M in a single day, and then go on to advocate saving money for that day instead of meeting the immediate needs of the campaign.

Nathan Hale
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
WOW man....aren't you positive. Besides, what the hell are you talking about. We are all on the same playing field here and need to support each other. Our goal is 10 million yes, but is that going to happen on Nov. 5th....Highly unlikely. Setting a high goal will encourage a lot of poeple to donate....Who cares if its not $10,000,000. Even if its just $500,000 that would be great in itself but by the amount of online advertizement of this movement I suspect the donation range to be at most 1,000,000. Thats only 10,000 supporters donating $100. Is that possible? Most definetly. We all need to keep speading the word of this movement as much as possible...the best way to do this is keep uploading new and the old Nov. 5th youtube videos and make comments on other ron paul videos about this massive donation day.

I appreciate your dedication to the campaign, but your post is naive on so many levels. In fact, I'm noticing that this naivete is endemic on these boards, so it's not even worth replying to. If you're interested, search what I've posted and read up. If not, well, I'm through investing the time.

argounova
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Forget this and DONATE NOW. Ron Paul needs $200,000 in donations over the next 24 hours or he misses an actual campaign fundraising goal for the first time ever. This is not a joke, this is not some feel-good goal tied to some meaningless day, Ron Paul needs your money NOW. So don't hold out, donate today, within the next 24 hours, or we're going to look really bad.

i couldn't have said it better myself

rs3515
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
I appreciate your dedication to the campaign, but your post is naive on so many levels. In fact, I'm noticing that this naivete is endemic on these boards, so it's not even worth replying to. If you're interested, search what I've posted and read up. If not, well, I'm through investing the time.

Nathan, I understand your sense of urgency, and I do agree people should contribute early and often if it is possible and they so desire. If a group of people out there feel motivated about Nov 5th, Nov 11th, or whatever other day on the calendar, then so be it. Some people need to feel a sense of motivation about a big event to want to contribute. I think wanting to collect for the radio ads should be a big event to all, but some may feel the Nov 5th concept is more important to them. Ultimately their choice.

No matter how much money, what matters most are votes. Obviously the more quickly the campaign has money, the more quickly they can reach a larger number of voters. I'd like to hope most people realize this, but maybe some don't ... time is of the essence. It's also all of our responsibilities to continue to reach out to people *outside of the Internet* and talk to them about Ron Paul. There are many undecided voters looking for a candidate just like him, we just need to inform them.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM

Additionally, the campaign is way short of their October goal of four million. So within the next 10 days the Paul campaign can possibly fall short on two fundraising goals. Meanwhile Huckabee is surpassing his goals (granted the goal is smaller, but at least he is beating his goals).

So on Nov 1 we could likely see news reports on how Paul's campaign failed to reach their goals, but Huckabee's campaign beat theirs.

From what I understand here, someone is in possession of 6,000 email addresses of people who pledged to donate on the 5th. I cannot understand why they cannot change their personal plans to help the campaign meet their stated goals. The impact that a large amount of donations coming in on 11/5 may not offset the negative coverage of failing to meet the "Broadcasting to Win" & October goals. Sure money is money, but the news coverage of successfully meeting the October goal is worth almost as much as the 4 million that is raised.

Karrl
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I donated $100 dollars to the campaign, and another $35 dollars to the Radio Tower. I am going to donate $100 on the 5th of november, and it is going to be the biggest single donation day ever! Bad? Not. Who cant understand that??!!

SwordOfShannarah
10-23-2007, 12:41 AM
These boards exist to further Ron Paul's campaign, not cowtow to ill conceived notions. I'm not being intentionally rude, I'm pointing out what works and lambasting what does not. Ron Paul's candidacy isn't some game, where we can offer a place where all happy-go-lucky individuals can promote whatever they want and have it go uncriticized. We need good ideas, and good activists, and we need to strike down bad ideas. This $10M on 11/5 is ridiculous. I'm not being insulting, I'm being dead serious and dead accurate. I state this as fact: You're an idiot if you think there is a chance in hell of this campaign to get $10M in donations in a single day.

I've done campaigning. I've been in the trenches and in the board rooms of political campaigns. This is simply not possible, and it takes away from real efforts that need help, such as the official fundraising deadline that is about to FAIL because of the ill-conceived efforts of the 11/5 crowd.

I've got two words for you. George Stephanopoulos.

SwordOfShannarah
10-23-2007, 12:43 AM
If you continue to undermine official campaign donation goals by floating some asinine idea about earning $10M in a single day next month, then you deserve to be confronted. If you choose to call it "flaming" or whatever, I don't care, because this campaign matters to me. I'm not going out of my way to be insulting, but I am within the bounds to reason to call a person an idiot if they believe that Ron Paul will raise $10M in a single day, and then go on to advocate saving money for that day instead of meeting the immediate needs of the campaign.

Someone needs a binky.

Ozwest
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM

I'm sorry Nathan Hale, but you are the one who is naive' if you believe you can stop this brilliant campaign by attempting to bend others to your will. What will be your response when this campaign receives 1 million k plus on November 5? My guess, is not a whimper...

Nathan Hale
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Nathan, I understand your sense of urgency, and I do agree people should contribute early and often if it is possible and they so desire. If a group of people out there feel motivated about Nov 5th, Nov 11th, or whatever other day on the calendar, then so be it. Some people need to feel a sense of motivation about a big event to want to contribute. I think wanting to collect for the radio ads should be a big event to all, but some may feel the Nov 5th concept is more important to them. Ultimately their choice.

It's not like everybody chooses their own path here without coercion of some kind. 6,000 people signed up for the 11/5 drive because it was campaigned for and pushed by a far fewer number of people. Had the radio drive been pushed in the same manner we would have aced that goal. Perhaps the October drive as well.

No matter how much money, what matters most are votes. Obviously the more quickly the campaign has money, the more quickly they can reach a larger number of voters. I'd like to hope most people realize this, but maybe some don't ... time is of the essence. It's also all of our responsibilities to continue to reach out to people *outside of the Internet* and talk to them about Ron Paul. There are many undecided voters looking for a candidate just like him, we just need to inform them.

Agreed, though I don't see where I spoke to the contrary.

Nathan Hale
10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I've got two words for you. George Stephanopoulos.

Unless you're a time traveler from 2008, you're not actually making a point here....

....but I'll address it anyway, because debating you is, well, FUN. As most of us know, GS backed down from his "tough talk" about Paul never having a chance to win the nomination and was quite cordial in debate after Paul's Q3 results were posted. This is, of course, a far cry from Paul actually winning the election and proving GS wrong. GS just hedged his bets, as most people do when they're in the political eye. SwordofShannarah seems to think that this is analogous to me saying that Ron Paul will never raise $10M in one day, hence the use of GS's name to sully my claim.

The fact remains, however, that GS bet that a 2% candidate wouldn't win the election. When that 2% candidate raised 50% of the money that the frontrunners raised, he softened his tone a little. Considering the field, RP needs about 25-30% to win. After Q3 was published, GS assumed that Paul's fundraising put him at 50% of the frontrunners. That requires his campaign to grow by 2 times in order to meet the goal of being on par and overtaking the frontrunners. GS ate his words, if you can even call it that, because he realized that with Paul's fundraising increase, he stood a little chance of actually meeting those numbers - a growth of 2 times his start of Q4 prominance.

Now let's look at my claim. I said that Paul will never raise $10M in one day. Post-Q3 he's raising about $65K per day. When there's a hot deadline in place he raises $100K per day. When we were all breaking open our piggy banks to meet the Q3 deadline, we managed $200K per day. Assuming the $200K as average, a growth by Paul of 2 times, which is the bet that GS hedged, brings us $400,000. So the Paul campaign would need to score 50 times their highest ever daily donation total in order to meet the asinine goal of $10,000,000 in a single day.

GS balked, in a barely perceptible manner, at the thought of the Paul campaign growing from 50% of funding to 100% of funding and presumable parity in polling with the frontrunners. This is a far cry, by orders of magnitude, from me balking at Paul's campaign beating the current donation "average" by 50 times over.

Nathan Hale
10-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry Nathan Hale, but you are the one who is naive' if you believe you can stop this brilliant campaign by attempting to bend others to your will. What will be your response when this campaign receives 1 million k plus on November 5? My guess, is not a whimper...

Perhaps you're confused about my opinion of this "brilliant" 11/5 campaign. I have no problem with an 11/5 donation drive, as I've stated numerous times in the past. My problem is with the goal, which is NOT $1M, it's $10M. Even $1M is too much, but it's at least laudable and slightly reasonable, as Obama managed $1M in a single day recently (and even that was big news). $10M may as well be a billion for all the good it will do us, and despite this I've already stated that I would be overjoyed if the Paul campaign made $10M in a single day. I'd be ecstatic! But I'd also be ecstatic about every other GOP contender voluntarily leaving the race in a single day - and I consider there to be a greater chance of that occurring.

Nathan Hale
10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Someone needs a binky.

Well then, you'd best have one delivered by a freemason straight from the secret cabalist meetings at Bohemian Grove. If none are available, you should contact your Bilderberger friends to get the CFR and the Carlyle Group to dig one from the controlled demolition 9/11 wreckage currently being held in Area 51. I'd like that. Thanks! :rolleyes:

dircha
10-23-2007, 08:23 PM

I have a hard time believing that user Nathan Hale is a Ron Paul supporter.

We all know to be watchful for these people to start coming out of the woodwork. The next two months are the last hope for freedom this decade, or even next. Their forces are showing themselves in full strength now.

If we hesitate by giving in to suspicious plants and moles like Nathan Hale we will lose. Not only will we lose the nomination. We will lose our last best hope for freedom in our lifetimes. Your freedom will be only a fading memory.

We must remain vigilant. We must show solidarity on November the 5th. Remember the blood of patriots shed for our liberty. Stand firm, and donate.

Strike a mortal blow at that treacherous parasite.

Nathan Hale
10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I have a hard time believing that user Nathan Hale is a Ron Paul supporter.

Search my old posts. I've been here for a while, and for the most part in every thread my comments have been directed toward strategies for success in this campaign.

We all know to be watchful for these people to start coming out of the woodwork. The next two months are the last hope for freedom this decade, or even next. Their forces are showing themselves in full strength now.

As such we should be on the lookout. Please, review my history on these boards, as I've been here a while now.

If we hesitate by giving in to suspicious plants and moles like Nathan Hale we will lose.

Excuse you, but until you actually get some shred of evidence that I'm a "plant" or a "mole", I respectfully request that you stick to the facts.

Not only will we lose the nomination. We will lose our last best hope for freedom in our lifetimes. Your freedom will be only a fading memory.

This is why I often come off as caustic on these boards, which you interpret, for some strange reason, as betrayal to the cause. I'm here because I want Dr. Paul to be best positioned to win the nomination. I'm here to suggest strategies and ideas that help the campaign. And I'm here to argue against ideas and ventures that hurt the campaign and/or waste activist time. All of these are for the good of the Paul campaign. If these boards are for cheerleaders only, then this isn't my place. But if this board is here to help the campaign and the grassroots, then my presence is worth more than a thousand lockstep yes-men all willing to throw themselves down every flight of stairs they encounter so long as there's a Ron Paul Revolution sign at the bottom.

We must remain vigilant. We must show solidarity on November the 5th. Remember the blood of patriots shed for our liberty. Stand firm, and donate. Strike a mortal blow at that treacherous parasite.

:rolleyes:

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Thank god this particular fight is more or less over. Btw, I agree that 10 million is pie in the sky unrealistic, but whatever. I can't wait for my next chance to be accused of being a covert plant.

Nathan Hale
10-25-2007, 06:49 PM
And the funniest part is that Nathan Hale was America's first covert operative. Washington sent him behind enemy lines in Manhattan to report on British troop movements after the colonials lost the city to the British in the battle of Brooklyn and its aftermath. Hale is the one who said "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country", which he said from the gallows to the lone British officer present when he was hanged for his "treason".