PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Senator-Elect Paul

BamaFanNKy
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.freemaninky.com/2011/01/open-letter-to-senator-elect-paul.html

Thargok
01-05-2011, 01:10 AM
If I've learned anything from my time on The Hill, it is that unless you use connections (of which I am certain many of us could) your questions will mostly be ignored by the Senator, not because he won't try to answer everything but the sheer volume of single-issue form mailers that will be directed in the Senators direction will constitute such a large backlog that the bills will come and pass before 20% of the mail gets delivered (due to security scanners) on top of the thousands of e-mails, and hundreds of phone calls a day... Don't even get me started on the faxes.

That said, as a Kentuckian, I agree with you 100% we need to make sure that Senator Paul sticks to his guns and holds himself to the principles that he has come to symbolize, regardless of the political winds.

BamaFanNKy
01-05-2011, 06:23 AM
If I've learned anything from my time on The Hill, it is that unless you use connections (of which I am certain many of us could) your questions will mostly be ignored by the Senator, not because he won't try to answer everything but the sheer volume of single-issue form mailers that will be directed in the Senators direction will constitute such a large backlog that the bills will come and pass before 20% of the mail gets delivered (due to security scanners) on top of the thousands of e-mails, and hundreds of phone calls a day... Don't even get me started on the faxes.

That said, as a Kentuckian, I agree with you 100% we need to make sure that Senator Paul sticks to his guns and holds himself to the principles that he has come to symbolize, regardless of the political winds.

My main message was to ignore me and the 3,405,672 people who will lose our minds over small issues from time to time. More of a letter to the supporters to remember the big goal. Not the small day to day stuff. Sometimes people will want him to be like Ron but, with all due respect to Ron, as a Senator you have a bigger microphone and as a Congressman you are trying to stand out. As a Senator, you already stand out.

Elwar
01-05-2011, 08:42 AM
DC gets mired in the small stuff while blindly pushing through the big stuff.

Elian Gonzales or the lady who was on life support got as much time and attention as the Federal budget.

One is important...the others, not so much.

Thargok
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
My main message was to ignore me and the 3,405,672 people who will lose our minds over small issues from time to time. More of a letter to the supporters to remember the big goal. Not the small day to day stuff. Sometimes people will want him to be like Ron but, with all due respect to Ron, as a Senator you have a bigger microphone and as a Congressman you are trying to stand out. As a Senator, you already stand out.

Only 3 million? Three-quarters of the country are going to be in his ear

BamaFanNKy
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Only 3 million? Three-quarters of the country are going to be in his ear

I meant of our ilk.