PDA

View Full Version : Start a Business?, Save Tax Money?, Afford to Max Out at $2300?

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Alright, we all dread the IRS, but let's work within it to help Ron Paul. I've never done this, so how hard is it, and how much does it cost, to start a business? I know a lot of people who have "internet start up companies" and use them as tax write offs. They write off hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars every year in office supplies, a thousand or so for computer stuff, and thousands in vehicle expenses.

Couldn't we all save thousands a year in taxes using a small business for write offs? Maybe we could all sell Ron Paul T-shirts or something.

Anyone smart out there able to give us the basics of how this might work (or why it can't)?

vegetarianrpfan
10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
You can make a loss at a business for three years, I believe, with no problem at all.

Two friends of mine started a business and just weren't able to follow through as much as they would like, but they can still take off their cell phones, internet, and a few other expenses on their taxes (split between them). They had to register their business with their state and pay its fees to get it started.

It's really not that difficult and only took a small amount of work for them to do.