PDA

View Full Version : The Red Light Camera's are GONE!

Romulus
01-04-2011, 10:16 AM
In our small midwestern town, American Traffic Solutions (Red Light Camera profiteers) got the place hooked into a 3 yr contract, thanks to them putting the former police chief on their payroll and him selling the place out here.

However, just last night, the council has just voted 6-2 against renewing any contract with ATS. So BYE BYE to the red light cameras here and Hello to Liberty!

I have to admit, I'm proud of the place. The idea of small government IS catching on I tell you!

Bruno
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
This is encouraging news. Great to hear! We just added more, here. :(

specsaregood
01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
I wonder if there is way to lookup all the locales that have a contract with this company.

Keith and stuff
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Excellent work! Sadly, they still look to be expanding nationwide. We still don't have them here in NH though because they are against the law.

TonySutton
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Now you should talk to them about removing the stop lights!

Romulus
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Excellent work! Sadly, they still look to be expanding nationwide. We still don't have them here in NH though because they are against the law.

I don't think ATS cares about the law. Like I said, the put the former police chief on the payroll here to sell them to city government.

They didn't pull punches either. They showed up at a council meeting uninvited to contest their case. I think that heavy hand actually worked in our favor in turning opinions toward favoring in voting them out.

Lol! A former councilmen wanted roundy rounds but that did not go over well. But we are moving in the right direction here...

Noob
01-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't think ATS cares about the law. Like I said, the put the former police chief on the payroll here to sell them to city government.

They didn't pull punches either. They showed up at a council meeting uninvited to contest their case. I think that heavy hand actually worked in our favor in turning opinions toward favoring in voting them out.

Lol! A former councilmen wanted roundy rounds but that did not go over well. But we are moving in the right direction here...

Do your best to try to stop CCTV cameras being put into place.

Romulus
01-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Do your best to try to stop CCTV cameras being put into place.

Those are the camera that are already on every stoplight, correct? Because those are already in place on every stoplight out here.

Bruno
01-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Those are the camera that are already on every stoplight, correct? Because those are already in place on every stoplight out here.

Those may be just the light sensors that emergency vehicles use to change the lights from red to green as they approach.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-27-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_aXo4UOlo&feature=uploademail

LibertyEagle
08-27-2011, 01:47 PM

Uh, no thank you. I prefer to not have the traffic backed up ten miles by people stopping and taking turns going through intersections, and the ensuing traffic jams caused by all the wrecks.

Pizzo
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
As a teenager I worked in a supermarket and the intersection that led into our parking lot had a red light camera. They caused two things to happen, people speeding up to try to beat the camera, or people slamming on their brakes to not go through the light.

Dustancostine
08-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Uh, no thank you. I prefer to not have the traffic backed up ten miles by people stopping and taking turns going through intersections, and the ensuing traffic jams caused by all the wrecks.

I don't know. This year I have traveled to Australia and Ireland were they both use roundy rounds extensively and it seemed to work pretty good. Especially at interesection that were not too busy. It would greatly cut down on the amount of traffic lights here.

BlackTerrel
08-27-2011, 04:02 PM
I heard Adam Carolla talking about this on his podcast a week ago.

Adam noted that the interesting thing is that when the cameras came up all the talk was about "safety, safety, safety". When they came down the reason given was that "they weren't making money".

Of course Adam noted their hypocrisy that they never cared about safety at all. Just generating revenue and raping the taxpayers.

CaptainAmerica
08-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Arizona succeeded in removing highway cameras but not street cameras. There are still red light cameras and speeding cameras in certain areas of Arizona even though highway cameras were banned.