PDA

View Full Version : Erik Erikson Of RedState.Com: Mike Pence For President

Sola_Fide
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/01/03/pence-for-president/

I’ll support the nominee, whoever that might be. But Mike Pence gets me excited to support the nominee.

Cowlesy
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Foreign policy liberal.

Pass.

specsaregood
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
if anybody gets a chance to ask him something on camera, ask him about his association with the family at the c street house.

Agorism
01-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Hotair was excited about this.

Sola_Fide
01-03-2011, 11:23 PM
As things stand right now, I'll tell you why I think this is good for Ron Paul 2012:

1. Sarah Palin cannot win the nomination or is not running. Therefore there is no other candidate who has grass roots appeal other than Mike Pence and Ron Paul.

2. Becky Skillman, the Lt. Governor of Indiana wipl not seek the office of governor when the popular Mitch Daniels leaves. This means Mike Pence would be a shoe-in for the governorship. He would be NUTS not to run and easily be governor of Indiana.

3. If Mike Pence runs for governor and Palin doesn't run, who else are grass roots conservatives going to look to? I think many of them might take a second look at Ron this time. I see this as a net positive for RP 2012.

kah13176
01-03-2011, 11:42 PM
@AquaBuddha

Marco Rubio, Jim DeMint, and Paul Ryan have a fair amount of grassroots appeal. Romney has basically 100% support from Mormons. Romney and Huckabee have huge name recognition. Plus Fox News will likely throw support behind Huckabee.

It's not going to be easy, especially when the media blacks him out again.

HazyHusky420
01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Hotair was excited about this.

Anything they're excited about can pund sand.

HazyHusky420
01-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Pence needs to be thrown into a wood chipper with the rest of the orwellian hawks.

HazyHusky420
01-03-2011, 11:52 PM
As things stand right now, I'll tell you why I think this is good for Ron Paul 2012:

1. Sarah Palin cannot win the nomination or is not running. Therefore there is no other candidate who has grass roots appeal other than Mike Pence and Ron Paul.

2. Becky Skillman, the Lt. Governor of Indiana wipl not seek the office of governor when the popular Mitch Daniels leaves. This means Mike Pence would be a shoe-in for the governorship. He would be NUTS not to run and easily be governor of Indiana.

3. If Mike Pence runs for governor and Palin doesn't run, who else are grass roots conservatives going to look to? I think many of them might take a second look at Ron this time. I see this as a net positive for RP 2012.

Pence is a pro-patriot act war monger.

Sola_Fide
01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Oh yeah. He is.

Sola_Fide
01-04-2011, 12:02 AM
@AquaBuddha

Marco Rubio, Jim DeMint, and Paul Ryan have a fair amount of grassroots appeal. Romney has basically 100% support from Mormons. Romney and Huckabee have huge name recognition. Plus Fox News will likely throw support behind Huckabee.

It's not going to be easy, especially when the media blacks him out again.

Thats true, but I see no signs of Ryan or DeMint running at all. Do you?

trey4sports
01-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Huck will get a decent level of grassroots support i think. I still think Ron will do much better than last time, however, getting the nomination would truly be a Revolution

erowe1
01-04-2011, 09:28 AM
I know most Republican primary voters support a special relationship with Israel. But I think even some of them must have some common sense limits to that. In this video, Pence explicitly says that the U.S. federal government should enact whatever policies the government of Israel tells it to.
http://blogs.cbn.com/beltwaybuzz/archive/2010/02/04/pence-on-the-promised-land.aspx

I wonder how many people actually go that far in their pro-Israel thinking.

cindy25
01-05-2011, 12:39 AM
I know most Republican primary voters support a special relationship with Israel. But I think even some of them must have some common sense limits to that. In this video, Pence explicitly says that the U.S. federal government should enact whatever policies the government of Israel tells it to.
http://blogs.cbn.com/beltwaybuzz/archive/2010/02/04/pence-on-the-promised-land.aspx

I wonder how many people actually go that far in their pro-Israel thinking.

not most Republican voters, and not in every state; it's only the super religious who think that way. in IA they have an effect, but not NH.

Romulus
01-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Foreign policy liberal.

Pass.

Good one! I'll be using it. lol

erowe1
01-05-2011, 09:12 AM
it's only the super religious who think that way.

It's definitely not only the super-religious who think that way. It's an essential aspect of neoconservatism, and the neoconservatives are as far away from the religious right as you can be and still be a Republican.

I'd say it really is most Republicans who think that way. If you doubt that, then just take notice of how Rush, Hannity, and Beck all talk about Israel, or the roar of the crowd at any Republican convention or event when a speaker mentions "our most cherished ally in the Middle East."

But I do think many Republicans must recognize some common-sense limits to that relationship, even if they generally support it. And if they do, then it shouldn't be hard to show them how far Pence transgresses those limits.