PDA

View Full Version : After the Ron/Rand Cooper I'm 100% convinced that Ron...

TXcarlosTX
01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
is running for President.

I'm celebrating tonight!!!

qh4dotcom
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
is running for President.

I'm celebrating tonight!!!

What did they say?

ApathyCuredRP
01-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I just picked up on Rand's smirk when his dad was asked if running for President. It's like ... "Just wait and see. We are taking this Country back. Get Ready"

Brett85
01-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I just picked up on Rand's smirk when his dad was asked if running for President. It's like ... "Just wait and see. We are taking this Country back. Get Ready"

Or maybe Rand was thinking that he'll run himself? Lol.

Kludge
01-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Maybe Ron told a joke at dinner last night about being asked if he's running for president every time he's in an interview.

trey4sports
01-03-2011, 09:04 PM
no no folks, just watch the interview. Several things Ron said (and more importantly his body language and TERRIFIC MOOD) really told the tale. He was grinning from ear to ear the whole interview and said that none of the other candidates want a revolution, and they are all the status quo. I couldn't be more sure that he is running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wesker1982
01-03-2011, 09:19 PM
tube?

james1906
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
tube?

+1

It didn't happen otherwise.

MikeStanart
01-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Tuuubbbbeeeeeee

dannno
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Tubbe!!

Kregisen
01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Lube!

Bruno
01-03-2011, 09:37 PM
This did not happen, as I have no tubes to view.

Legend1104
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I watched 30 minutes of Cooper before I realized I missed the interview.

amy31416
01-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I watched 30 minutes of Cooper before I realized I missed the interview.

You poor bastard....I hope you learned your lesson.

trey4sports
01-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't mind AC, he's always been fair to his guests when i've watched

PermanentSleep
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDNOmcToBfA

dannno
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
^Tags!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDNOmcToBfA

Agorism
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I wish Rand would speak of the global threat of terror as just a criminal justice issue rather than some sort of broad campaign.

james1906
01-03-2011, 10:10 PM
I fucking love that wood paneling!

Oh....and he's running.

Bruno
01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Very encouraging interview. Thanks, danno and PermanentSleep!

outspoken
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I believe that it is a go on the Revolution in 2012!

RoamZero
01-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I just hope he is extra serious about winning this time. As important as the message is, he got it out last time and now we're all here. He just needs to reach out to everyone else (meaning be extra careful about presenting himself and his ideas).

Legend1104
01-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow. I am getting very excited. I think it is time for the collins to spill the beans.

CUnknown
01-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I am getting rediculously excited too ... but I really wouldn't blame him if he doesn't run. Ron's not an egomanic ... he's not looking for power. If he ran, it would be a selfless act of service because you and I both know how much abuse he's going to receive if he does. Why would anyone put themselves through that? He's done enough for liberty already..

It would be so amazing if he did run, though.

About Rand in this interview, though, did anyone else think he seemed a little hesitant? He gave great answers, but they were of a totally different sort than Ron's. Ron gave answers about morality and justice and freedom, and Rand gave answers about logic and tactics. It's probably wise of him to do that, it's just maybe I wish he would cut loose after his win in the election.

sarahdeez
01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes, Sarah Palin, you are enjoying yourself too much to run for President. Right...

(fingers crossed)

TXcarlosTX
01-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I am getting rediculously excited too ... but I really wouldn't blame him if he doesn't run. Ron's not an egomanic ... he's not looking for power. If he ran, it would be a selfless act of service because you and I both know how much abuse he's going to receive if he does. Why would anyone put themselves through that? He's done enough for liberty already..

It would be so amazing if he did run, though.

About Rand in this interview, though, did anyone else think he seemed a little hesitant? He gave great answers, but they were of a totally different sort than Ron's. Ron gave answers about morality and justice and freedom, and Rand gave answers about logic and tactics. It's probably wise of him to do that, it's just maybe I wish he would cut loose after his win in the election.

The reason Rand answers the way he does is because he wants to win in 2016/2020. Ron stated he wants to bring on a Revolution. I thought all this was obvious during Rand's campaign in the way he answered questions.

kah13176
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I just could not convey my disappointment in words if Ron doesn't run. He sounds extremely hesitant about it. He says 50/50, but his tone of voice sounds more of a 30/70..

Bman
01-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I just could not convey my disappointment in words if Ron doesn't run. He sounds extremely hesitant about it. He says 50/50, but his tone of voice sounds more of a 30/70..

I'll go 70/30. I don't think he plans on winning. I don't think he plans staying in as long as he did last time. I think he knows that he has to be on the stages as long as debates are occuring.

low preference guy
01-03-2011, 11:24 PM
both Pauls are hilarious

Bruno
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
This is the kind of excitement that keeps Ron Paul young and energized to spread the message of liberty.

He's running!

speciallyblend
01-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Ron Paul should announce his run at CPAC 2011!:) that would be nice:)

TNforPaul45
01-04-2011, 12:20 AM
I have to say that Ron rolled right into his standard Campaign issues monologue there at the end. The man is not rusty at all, I will give him that.

But I think that he is being honest that he is stil 50/50 on running again. It takes a lot out of you to get out there and mash it up for 18 months or more. Takes a lot out of his wife as well.

Bruno
01-04-2011, 12:52 AM
I have to say that Ron rolled right into his standard Campaign issues monologue there at the end. The man is not rusty at all, I will give him that.

But I think that he is being honest that he is stil 50/50 on running again. It takes a lot out of you to get out there and mash it up for 18 months or more. Takes a lot out of his wife as well.

He looked to me so excited that he wanted to say 70/30 but was trying to contain himself. :)

trey4sports
01-04-2011, 12:58 AM
It looked to me that he had made his mind up......... he's just not willing to spill the beans on AC360

BamaAla
01-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Operation Two Zero One Two is green!

I'm ready to rock and roll folks, and I know you are too.

Vessol
01-04-2011, 01:15 AM
...is a reptillian!

Er..that's what I thought the ellipsis would lead to..

Thomas
01-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Ron needs to announce on a show with a large and friendly enough audience, this does not mean Stossel or Freedom Watch...

Vessol
01-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Ron Paul needs to announce it on a prime time huge episode of Glenn Beck. I hate to say it, but if Beck was to endorse Paul..2012 would be a cakewalk.

Andrew-Austin
01-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Maybe it'll be a Paul/Paul ticket.

Tinnuhana
01-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Time to pass the ducklings up the snorkel?
(I know: vague reference. It just keeps coming to mind.)

itshappening
01-04-2011, 08:45 AM
methinks Carol has given him the green light over the holidays

erowe1
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
What's a cooper?

Bruno
01-04-2011, 09:10 AM
What's a cooper?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_(profession)

erowe1
01-04-2011, 09:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooper_(profession)

Thanks.

Romulus
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Lets get this party started already!! :) Its going to be a great year.

Matt Collins
01-04-2011, 01:01 PM
I fucking love that wood paneling! Yeah, if I had to guess, he doesn't want to spend the $ to upgrade his office lol :D:p

Romulus
01-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Well duh! Why spend money to replace perfectly good wood paneling? lol

JK/SEA
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I got 500 FRN's so far saved if/when the online contributions day of Liberty is announced....or as we used to say...MONEY BOMB!

Heimdallr
01-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Rand is always srs bizniss.

Ron is ALWAYS happy and cheerful.

I love them so much <3

Brett85
01-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I just hope he is extra serious about winning this time. As important as the message is, he got it out last time and now we're all here. He just needs to reach out to everyone else (meaning be extra careful about presenting himself and his ideas).

Exactly. Ron has to learn how to present his ideas to a GOP audience. Examples:

The Wars: Instead of talking about how the wars are "immoral" or "illegal" according to international law, Ron should talk about how nation building has always been a liberal idea, and we simply can't afford to be nation building when we have a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit. Talking about "international law" as he did in one of the debates isn't going to fly with a GOP audience.

The Drug War: Rather than talk about the full legalization of drugs, talk about how the federal drug war tramples on the 10th amendment and the Bill of Rights. Explain that supporting the 10th amendment and the Bill of Rights is a conservative idea, even when it comes to something like drug use that isn't popular with Republicans.

freshjiva
01-04-2011, 03:06 PM
God, I seriously can't wait until our first moneybomb for Ron.
I already know I'm going to make the biggest contribution permissible under the law.

Anyone think $7-8 million is achievable?

Matt Collins
01-04-2011, 03:13 PM
God, I seriously can't wait until our first moneybomb for Ron.
I already know I'm going to make the biggest contribution permissible under the law.

Anyone think $7-8 million is achievable?
Consensus seems to be $10 million, 30 days out from the announcement.

Matt Collins
01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Ron is ALWAYS happy and cheerful.

:D
You must've never seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k

Uriel999
01-04-2011, 03:33 PM

I LOVE that video.

Brett85
01-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Lol, that's an awesome video. I wish that Ron Paul was that young now.

kah13176
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Ron looks so much like Rand in that video. Wow.

Heimdallr
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM

HAHAHAHA he was LOVIN' it.

The best part is when he DESTROYS that fat guy :D

DeadheadForPaul
01-04-2011, 04:21 PM

The Wars: Instead of talking about how the wars are "immoral" or "illegal" according to international law, Ron should talk about how nation building has always been a liberal idea, and we simply can't afford to be nation building when we have a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit. Talking about "international law" as he did in one of the debates isn't going to fly with a GOP audience.

The Drug War: Rather than talk about the full legalization of drugs, talk about how the federal drug war tramples on the 10th amendment and the Bill of Rights. Explain that supporting the 10th amendment and the Bill of Rights is a conservative idea, even when it comes to something like drug use that isn't popular with Republicans.

Amen. Ron does a poor job of understanding his audience. It's amazing how a basic explanation from your audience's point of view can change minds.

Romulus
01-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Ron won't ever play into the false left/right paradigm. He just speaks the truth, and often its not taken well or even understood. If he sticks to facts, like how maintaining an empire costs 1 trillion a year, he will win over fiscal conservatives. If he explains how the Patriot Act tramples our rights, he'll win over liberals. All he needs to do is expose the truth and people will get it. I think he does a great job.. it's the general population that need help in understanding the message. And that is our job.

Brett85
01-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Ron won't ever play into the false left/right paradigm. He just speaks the truth, and often its not taken well or even understood. If he sticks to facts, like how maintaining an empire costs 1 trillion a year, he will win over fiscal conservatives. If he explains how the Patriot Act tramples our rights, he'll win over liberals. All he needs to do is expose the truth and people will get it. I think he does a great job.. it's the general population that need help in understanding the message. And that is our job.

If he's talking to a conservative audience, then he needs to explain that conservatives have traditionally been opposed to nation building. That's just common sense. And why would he want to win over liberals in a GOP primary? How many liberal Republicans actually vote in a GOP primary? 2%?

BFranklin
01-04-2011, 05:08 PM
They should both run, just to spread the message. The message is more important than winning.

outspoken
01-04-2011, 09:52 PM

It is a complete hypocracy that liberals believe in individual liberty. The moment that you advocate stealing and redistribution you violate all premise of the believe in individual liberty. Anyone who is willing to accept the fruits of a another man without the explicit consent of that man does not support the right to liberty. This country is devoid of a moral compass by the brainwashing of both the right and the left.

parocks
01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
They should both run, just to spread the message. The message is more important than winning.

They could debate each other, pretend others didn't exist. Much less government and much less military vs. much less government and less military.
Pick one.

Liberty_Mike
01-04-2011, 11:45 PM
That's it, I want Ron to declare yesterday! I want to start wearing a Ron Paul 2012 shirt now, but I refuse to until he officially declares.

Romulus
01-05-2011, 07:44 AM
If he's talking to a conservative audience, then he needs to explain that conservatives have traditionally been opposed to nation building. That's just common sense. And why would he want to win over liberals in a GOP primary? How many liberal Republicans actually vote in a GOP primary? 2%?
I agree that he need to remind conservatives just what their principles are again. Many have seem to forgetton. But trashing 'liberals' is not a way to do that. Many R's are independent and understand individual liberty just like some liberals do.

It is a complete hypocracy that liberals believe in individual liberty. The moment that you advocate stealing and redistribution you violate all premise of the believe in individual liberty. Anyone who is willing to accept the fruits of a another man without the explicit consent of that man does not support the right to liberty. This country is devoid of a moral compass by the brainwashing of both the right and the left.

Same with a lot of conservatives. Most believe in economic liberty but support the Patriot Act. And RP has pointed that out.. saying that R's and D's either believe in individual OR economic liberty, when you can't believe in one and not the other.

Original_Intent
01-05-2011, 07:58 AM
This time around if any moderator says "About electability...do you have any?" He needs to respond "About credibility as a neutral moderator....do you have any?"

Plus any questions about the economy, wouldn't it be great for him to be able to say "I told you 4 years ago that we couldn't afford two wars."

Romulus
01-05-2011, 08:04 AM
This time around if any moderator says "About electability...do you have any?" He needs to respond "About credibility as a neutral moderator....do you have any?"

Plus any questions about the economy, wouldn't it be great for him to be able to say "I told you 4 years ago that we couldn't afford two wars."

+rep!

Matt Collins
01-05-2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/images/advocates.png