01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Its good stuff...

Molyneux is a pompous ass, IMHO.

dannno
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY

ClayTrainor
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
That's awesome. I look forward to listening to this. Anyone have a tube?

Stefan and Alex had a good chemistry last time stef was on the show. I like how Stefan is able to take Alex's temperment down a notch or 2 whenever he tries to go on an emotional rant about Conspiracy oriented stuff, and is able to get him and his audience to focus on the source of the problem more effectively, rather than just getting upset about speculation on the symptoms.

I really hope Alex is beginning to make Stef a regular guest on his show.

PreDeadMan
01-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I listened to it, it was really well done. Stefan is pinpointing where the problem is and Alex Jones is agreeing with him. Just goes to show you that anarchy is universal and we all like it or want it in our everyday lives :)

dannno
01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Tube?

Fredom101
01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
It's a really good interview, thanks for posting it. :)

dannno
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVBogxbXGk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ozrgh6p3jI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv2ZeGd95XI

Wesker1982
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Tube?

http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traffic_Jams/FDR_1821_alexjonesradioshow_03_Jan_2011.mp3

edit: lol you beat me by 2 seconds, tops

mport1
01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Nice, hopefully he can introduce a good number of his listeners to the ideas of voluntaryism.

hazek
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Stefan really impressed me. I only discovered him 4 days ago and I can't get enough of his stuff. Everything he says sounds true to me.

Wesker1982
01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
This is probably my favorite one if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLCEXtpTNYU

Legend1104
01-03-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY

I don't buy this premise that our freedoms were given to make us better servants (free range). Our government was established decades before the industrial revolution hit the U.S. and those freedoms were based upon established principles from many of the early colonies that were established for different ideas about freedom, not by some economic tyrant. The children of Israel established their governments, not based on industry or an attempt to get better workers, but rather to establish a society based on God's principles, and it was strictly voluntary. They were allowed to choose to join the nation or not. During the middle ages fiefdoms were voluntary established contracts between Lords and serfs for mutual benefit. The benefit was mostly for security more than economic and it was not granted to the serfs, they choose to join into the contracts.

Fredom101
01-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Stefan really impressed me. I only discovered him 4 days ago and I can't get enough of his stuff. Everything he says sounds true to me.

That's how I was when I first heard of him in 2008 around the end of the RP run. He's got like 1800 podcasts and I've heard most of them now! Glad to see him get exposure to the AJ crowd, hard even for AJ (who is against anarchists) to disagree.

Fredom101
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I don't buy this premise that our freedoms were given to make us better servants (free range). Our government was established decades before the industrial revolution hit the U.S. and those freedoms were based upon established principles from many of the early colonies that were established for different ideas about freedom, not by some economic tyrant. The children of Israel established their governments, not based on industry or an attempt to get better workers, but rather to establish a society based on God's principles, and it was strictly voluntary. They were allowed to choose to join the nation or not. During the middle ages fiefdoms were voluntary established contracts between Lords and serfs for mutual benefit. The benefit was mostly for security more than economic and it was not granted to the serfs, they choose to join into the contracts.

Is there any country that exists like that now, where people voluntarily sign up to be governed?

Andrew-Austin
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
That's how I was when I first heard of him in 2008 around the end of the RP run. He's got like 1800 podcasts and I've heard most of them now! Glad to see him get exposure to the AJ crowd, hard even for AJ (who is against anarchists) to disagree.

I haven't listened to their dialogue yet (about to go to bed), but it is obviously going to be pretty hard for anyone like AJ who constantly bewails government as the ultimate perpetrator of evil to argue with someone who is saying maybe government isn't such a good idea after all.

Happens everyday. Tons of people voluntarily come to the U.S. and become legal citizens by choice.

That isn't tantamount to consent at all.

That they choose to come to the US is irrelevant to your argument, they might have come for other reasons besides wanting to be lorded over be America's rulers, a passive acceptance born of ignorance combined with unwillingness to be lorded over by rulers of another country is not consent.

That they choose to become formal citizens might have only been for practical reasons such as avoiding trouble with the law, having citizenship for employment opportunities or access to government welfare benefits.

And whether they become citizens or not, their consent is not asked for and is not required by the state. Everyone knows this, even uneducated immigrants. As illegal immigrants they would have been coerced at the first moment they had any contact with the state. As illegals they can only hope to be so small as to go unnoticed and slip through the cracks, they become citizens when they think this trouble is unpractical. Citizen or non-citizen, the fact remains the relationship between all peoples and the state is not voluntary.

Furthermore, social contract theory has been blown to smithereens by anarchists. To avoid having to explain this myself I can refer you to appropriate texts if you are actually interested.

Legend1104
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Is there any country that exists like that now, where people voluntarily sign up to be governed?

Happens everyday. Tons of people voluntarily come to the U.S. and become legal citizens by choice.

Fredom101
01-03-2011, 11:24 PM

It's not by choice. The only way they can live here is to sign up for all the bullshit. Otherwise they will get deported under the threat of violence.

dannno
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM

You're not entirely wrong, but the powers behind the Bank of England decided to stop funding the British military during the revolution, I believe they actively decided to change tactics. I don't know when they decided to change tactics, they could have had it planned the whole time or it could have been a back-up plan. All I know is that the monied interests have had a grip on this country, or it's corporations all along at some level, and took over us completely in 1913.

hazek
01-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Intention has no merit, the only thing that matters is what has actually happened.

And what happened is that even though in the beginning it was a country with the most limited government it inevitably grew to be the biggest precisely because the people had the most freedom. So the answer is not to go back and do it again and expect a different result, because it's not the first time that it has been tried(Rome), which is the definition of insanity! But the answer is to look for another option which would give us a better result.

dannno
01-04-2011, 12:43 AM
bump

ClayTrainor
01-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Just got through the interview. Really really good. Stefan and Alex's personalities have really good chemistry, so far.

Romulus
01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Just got through the interview. Really really good. Stefan and Alex's personalities have really good chemistry, so far.

Agreed... they work well together.. It seems Alex enjoys his sense of humor too.

Travlyr
01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Intention has no merit, the only thing that matters is what has actually happened.

And what happened is that even though in the beginning it was a country with the most limited government it inevitably grew to be the biggest precisely because the people had the most freedom. So the answer is not to go back and do it again and expect a different result, because it's not the first time that it has been tried(Rome), which is the definition of insanity! But the answer is to look for another option which would give us a better result.
Honest Sound Money is the answer.

hazek
01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Honest Sound Money is the answer.

Anarcho-capitalism is, sound money is just one of it's byproducts.

Wesker1982
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQVA8DK2Q2g&feature=sub