PDA

View Full Version : O=W - The Left Has Nowhere to Go

ronpaulhawaii
01-03-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/the_left_has_nowhere_to_go_20110102/

And the only hope left, Nader argues, is if the conservatives in the right-wing movement break from the corporatists. If the big banks again start going to the cliff and calling for new bailouts, Nader says, this may provoke a schism between conservative groups embodied by figures such as Ron Paul, and corporate lackeys.

Too bad it is still being framed as a left vs. right issue

Todd
01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I finished reading Hedges book Empire of Illusion last month. He's usually very spot on....except that he blames it all on capitalism.

doodle
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
To be fair, lately often

Right=Neocons

Much of Right also has nowhere to go.

Current swamp we find ourselves in is a national issue, not limited to Left or Right/Democrats or Republicans.

CUnknown
01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
It seems to me lately that no one has anywhere to go. Except for the repeal of DADT, all my left-wing friends are so demoralized, it's sad. Of course I make sure they know that RP voted for DADT repeal.

Heres hoping for RP2012, and that he joins with Nader or some other left-wing figure as his running mate. In this way, we could have a really broad coalition. If we can give these liberals hope again, they will flock to us, and that's the truth. We just have to be willing to work with them and compromise on some issues. Of course, they will have to compromise as well.

charrob
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
It seems to me lately that no one has anywhere to go. Except for the repeal of DADT, all my left-wing friends are so demoralized, it's sad. Of course I make sure they know that RP voted for DADT repeal.

Heres hoping for RP2012, and that he joins with Nader or some other left-wing figure as his running mate. In this way, we could have a really broad coalition. If we can give these liberals hope again, they will flock to us, and that's the truth. We just have to be willing to work with them and compromise on some issues. Of course, they will have to compromise as well.

thank you. As someone from the left, I couldn't agree more- and have been saying this for years. I've been a fan of RP since 2007 (attended the RP revolution march in D.C. in 2008) because it has been quite clear he can provide more wins on the issues which mean the most to me.

I've voted for Nader every pres. election since 2000- my distaste for democrats came with Clinton who was too far to the right for me: NAFTA destroyed the working man in America and his sanctions against Iraq starved/killed a million innocents.

I'd love to see RP join with someone from the left in 2012: because the real left has no place to go-- and there's alot of us who are unhappy. And the good thing about RP is that the social conservatives would be left out- that alone would bring alot of us lefties over.

btw: i love Chris Hedges... :cool:

CUnknown
01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
thank you. As someone from the left, I couldn't agree more- and have been saying this for years. I've been a fan of RP since 2007 (attended the RP revolution march in D.C. in 2008) because it has been quite clear he can provide more wins on the issues which mean the most to me.

I've voted for Nader every pres. election since 2000 [...]

I'd love to see RP join with someone from the left in 2012: because the real left has no place to go-- and there's alot of us who are unhappy. And the good thing about RP is that the social conservatives would be left out- that alone would bring alot of us lefties over.

btw: i love Chris Hedges... :cool:

Heck yeah! I am a Nader voter, too.

I hope that the social conservatives wouldn't be left out, though.. sigh.... I guess we can't have both. But really, Ron Paul is pretty dang socially conservative, it's just that he respects other people's rights to be the way they want to be. I don't get why more conservatives can't realize that this is the way. Localism, State's Rights, and let the people of each place decide how things are at that place.

I mean, do they really want all of America to be about hating on gays and muslims? Really? The culture wars are just so unnecessary..

Even if we do have to choose, I think Ron's most effective choice would be on the left-libertarian side and Rand's fight is on the right-libertarian side. We can tag-team 'em!

dannno
01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I voted Nader in 2000/2004 as well, I considered myself a libertarian leaning green. I was libertarian in high school and then became more concerned with our foreign policy and the environment when I went to college, and then I got a much deeper education in libertarianism/liberty in 2007 with Ron Paul coming on the scene.