PDA

View Full Version : Wife who filmed arrest is targeted by police after crossbow melee

aGameOfThrones
01-03-2011, 02:23 AM
A woman who gained international attention for videotaping her husband's arrest has now found herself being targeted by Lincoln, Nebraska police. Stephanie Shaw, who recorded the December 21st arrest of her husband by police officers outside the couple's mobile home following an alleged crossbow incident, has been charged with "child neglect".

Mrs. Shaw told me that she has retained an attorney and is filing a complaint against the police department. "My name and my husbands name is being slandered in our local newspaper and even on some of the comments on my video. This is a hard thing to go through knowing that your family is innocent," Shaw said. She added "the police here have put a lot of slanderous information about me in the newspaper. Trying to say that the only food in my house was a bowl of rice, some dried beans and some chicken bones. And that I only heat my house with 2 space heaters. This is all untrue. I even had a CPS worker come to my house and talk to me and he didn't understand why he was there. And really if that was the truth the police would've taken my daughter from me right then and there. They still aren't telling people that they took my computer and digital camera when they did their search."

She says that police refused to show her the actual search warrant before entering. Despite being there purportedly to investigate a crossbow incident, police took several unrelated items. In a clearly Constitutionally questionable seizure, police seized Shaw's computer, digital camera and memory card. Shaw said they have still not returned them.

In reality, the family had plenty of food in their home. Stephanie told the Examiner " the food I did have in my house was 2 - 25 lb bags of rice, 2 - 10 lb bags of beans, carton of eggs, flour and yeast for making bread, peanut butter, 2 containers of oats, 2 packages of chicken legs (not just bones) in the freezer, fresh oranges, and cucumbers. Anyone could look at my daughter and know she is NOT malnourished. My house was so warm that when CPS came they didn't even ask about my heating arrangement."

Stephanie has set up a defense fund for her husband, who remains behind bars. You can donate to the Gary Grana defense fund via paypal, here. (http://libertyfight.741.com/crossbow.html)

http://www.examiner.com/la-county-libertarian-in-los-angeles/wife-who-filmed-arrest-targeted-by-police-after-crossbow-melee