PDA

View Full Version : ‘Anonymous’ topples, defaces Zimbabwe government websites

Agorism
12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
‘Anonymous’ topples, defaces Zimbabwe government websites

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/anonymous-targets-zimbabwe-government-website/

The Zimbabwe African National Union (Zanu-PF) website, Zimbabwean government website and Zimbabwean Finance Ministry website were the target of cyber attacks on Thursday by a loose-knit group of online hacktivists known as "Anonymous."

The websites were hit with distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks after Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe's wife, Grace Mugabe, sued a newspaper for publishing a WikiLeaks cable that alleged she was connected with illicit diamond trade.

All three websites targeted by "Anonymous" were knocked offline and the Finance Ministry website was also defaced with messages saying "We are Anonymous" and "The world hates us, we kill our own people, we have no control of the economy, we repress free speech, we kill and rape for fun, we are Zanu-PF."

The website AnonNews announced that the group was "targeting Mugabe and his regime in the ZanuPF who have outlawed the free press and threaten to sue anyone publishing Wikileaks."

Grace Mugabe filed a defamation lawsuit against Zimbabwe's Standard newspaper for $15 million after the paper quoted a leaked US diplomatic cable that said she and nine other high-ranking Zimbabwean officials make "tremendous profits" from the sale of illegal diamonds.

...continued

t0rnado
12-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Good thing those skiddies started digging for exploits on milw0rm, exploit-db, etc. rather than just DDoSing.

eOs
12-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Good thing those skiddies started digging for exploits on milw0rm, exploit-db, etc. rather than just DDoSing.

milw0rm is dead

dannno
12-31-2010, 05:57 PM
^ All black and white avatars :D

t0rnado
12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
milw0rm is dead

Hahaha yeah. Remember the rumors about str0ke dieing?

There are still torrents of the exploit cache up though. I figure someone must be using it, since it's still pretty useful.

Inflation
01-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Anon vs. Mugabe? OMG comedy G.O.L.D. (Teh chans have ZERO respect for the backward savages of Africa.)

Let's scambait Mrs. Mugabe and get her to send pics of teh diamonds!!!

ghengis86
01-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Grace Mugabe filed a defamation lawsuit against Zimbabwe's Standard newspaper for $15 million after the paper quoted a leaked US diplomatic cable that said she and nine other high-ranking Zimbabwean officials make "tremendous profits" from the sale of illegal diamonds.

I hope that's USD...

james1906
01-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Nobody in Zimbabwe can afford the internet, so it's a wash.

keh10
01-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm glad to see Zimbabwe as their target. I just watched Mugabe and the White African on Netflix. There's some really horrible stuff going on there.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Mugabe_and_the_White_African/70119673?trkid=2361637#height2309

BlackTerrel
01-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm glad to see Zimbabwe as their target. I just watched Mugabe and the White African on Netflix. There's some really horrible stuff going on there.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Mugabe_and_the_White_African/70119673?trkid=2361637#height2309

I'm always a little skeptical of the news we get in the West.

I had a classmate from Zimbabwe who said that while obviously it was not the best place to live the situation was being overblown by some parties in the West. I believe he's at least somewhat right.