PDA

View Full Version : Vuvuzelas finally come to the U.S.A.

Agorism
12-31-2010, 07:33 AM
As a beer bong, but you can hear some fans using it to make unnecessary noise as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BizkfjIPVHo

pacelli
12-31-2010, 07:42 AM
We recently went camping at a national forest. A local college decided to have a fraternity party for the whole weekend, and even though they were 4 miles away, the vuvuzela they had sounded like it was inside our campsite between 3am - 7am.

silverhandorder
12-31-2010, 07:59 AM
It's nothing that can't be solved. Africans tolerate retarded noise but here we don't. Watch that shit get banned in stadiums and people using them to annoy others break noise ordinances.

Agorism
12-31-2010, 08:23 AM
It's nothing that can't be solved. Africans tolerate retarded noise but here we don't. Watch that shit get banned in stadiums and people using them to annoy others break noise ordinances.

I assume the stadium was the one selling them.

silverhandorder
12-31-2010, 08:47 AM
In that case it should lose customers. Then again I do not do sports already so I may not be a good example of someone who may get discouraged.

pcosmar
12-31-2010, 09:08 AM
:confused:

Have none of you been to a hockey game?
There is no such thing as quiet.

Noise ordinance???
WTF

silverhandorder
12-31-2010, 09:14 AM
:confused:

Have none of you been to a hockey game?
There is no such thing as quiet.

Noise ordinance???
WTF

If you live in a house and your neighbor is blasting noise your way in the middle of the night you have every right to pursue him in court. Also many local governments restrict the amount of noise you can make at night. Whether it is right or not is not is not the issue but the fact is that the whole vuvuzela thing is not going to be a problem.

tekkierich
12-31-2010, 09:21 AM
My brother in law bought me one for Christmas. I hate telling people what I want for Christmas, so I started a system this year where I requested gifts starting with a letter of the alphabet. I asked him for something that started with a 'V'. So he bought me a violet Vuvuzela.

It is tones of fun!
http://richandwendy.com/vuvuzela.jpg

pcosmar
12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
If you live in a house and your neighbor is blasting noise your way in the middle of the night you have every right to pursue him in court. Also many local governments restrict the amount of noise you can make at night. Whether it is right or not is not is not the issue but the fact is that the whole vuvuzela thing is not going to be a problem.

My neighbors are regularly firing High Power rifles. There is a train track 4 miles away. (I can hear it clearly) The lake freighters (6 miles away) are blasting Fog Horns.

And a Hockey arena IS NOT QUIET in the first place.

You should hear the frogs in my pond when they get a concert going. ;)

silverhandorder
12-31-2010, 09:41 AM
And my dog barks at night at passing trains. All that is understandable and can be settled with common law when there is real abuse.

Elwar
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
They had Vevuzela day at one of the Rays games this past summer to get people to come.

Fortunately it's in a dome.

TXcarlosTX
12-31-2010, 10:45 AM

Can I assume your a Football hater and a Eggball fan? Ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSgtlKZcAgE

pcosmar
12-31-2010, 11:59 AM
All that is understandable and can be settled with common law when there is real abuse.

Like folks moving in next to an existing bar then complaining about the noise?
or an airport that has been there for 50 years and complaining about the planes?

I friggin' hate cities.

If you can hear the sound of your neighbors axe, you are living too close.
friends Mom

Agorism
12-31-2010, 12:34 PM
If you want a high tech job, then you have to move to the cities to learn basically basically. If you eventually make it career wise then you can move out again.

tekkierich
12-31-2010, 10:37 PM
I will be serenading the neighborhood with my Vuvuzela in about 20 minutes.

surf
01-01-2011, 12:52 AM
there was a dude that brought one of those godawful things to a Sounders game last year. he was sitting in the row behind us, and as diplomatically as i could, i let him know that if he blew that goddamn thing he'd never see it again unless he was bending over backwards looking into a mirror.

of course, believing in non-violence i wouldn't have done it, but the suggestion that i would have worked.

Happy New Year everyone. i'll be joining you in 2011 in a couple hours.

Anti Federalist
01-01-2011, 01:53 AM
http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/