PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Truther using my FB popularity on irrelevant status updates to promote pet cause.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2010, 12:34 AM
It seems that someone in my FB friends is taking advantage of my recent bump in popularity to go into my FB status updates and point to articles about 9/11 truth.

Now, I believe in everybody's right to believe and express themselves as they would, but I can't imagine that these folks don't know how much harm this does to someone in or running for public office.

I have never censored my FB wall in my life, and I am sick to my stomach even considering it, but to leech on to a completely irrelevant status update in an attempt to draw traffic from my friends list and publicly associate me (without my consent) with 9/11 truth, would seem selfish and destructive.

I think, build your own friends list and share with them, or if you comment on my wall, then make your comment relevant to the update/conversation/thread. When you leech on to totally irrelevant threads to promote your links, or use my visibility to promote your pet cause without my consent, then that is spam.

Let's not forget Debra Medina, although she handled Beck poorly, it was tragic that she was even in that situation in the first place.

I have nothing whatsoever against the passionate 9/11 Truthers eager to reach as many people as they can. I also know that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Can we please leave this stuff out of electoral politics and stop using people like Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Peter Schiff, Debra Medina and myself as a platform for pushing it, KNOWING the damage it does?

The attached poll is a question for the forums on whether I should, for the first time in my life, censor my FB wall and delete this post?

Ask Anarchadia (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001456578288) These are the last few days this article will be up... we have been asked by Chomsky to remove... so enjoy while its still up...
http://www.anarchadia.com/Articles-Chomsky.htmlOn the status update:

http://www.facebook.com/glenbradley/posts/185424071468192?notif_t=feed_comment

Glen Bradley (http://www.facebook.com/glenbradley)
The snow has obliterated my Roadrunner Internet. Pretty much everything I do in life now involves the Internet, so it is a little like being lost. I still have cellphone Internet, but that doesn't help me work on my NC49.org website. LOLPOLL QUESTION: Should I delete the Anarchadia post? yes, no, don't know

jmhudak17
12-31-2010, 12:37 AM
I would say yes, because you don't want to get branded as being involved with something you don't agree with.

TCE
12-31-2010, 12:38 AM
I would delete it. Your Facebook status. It is not as if the government is banning the viewpoint. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic to boot.

Travlyr
12-31-2010, 12:40 AM
You gotta do what you gotta do. No one will blame you for that.

It is clear to me ... now ... that building 7 was intentionally demolished. IMO, as time goes on, more and more people will become truthers because there is so much obvious evidence that was ignored in the official 9/11 report.

Wineman77
12-31-2010, 12:40 AM
It's spam. Delete it.

angelatc
12-31-2010, 12:43 AM
You absolutely have to control your message.

james1906
12-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey, this is a little off topic, but I'm making $77 an hour scratching my ass at home.

Sentient Void
12-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Yup. Spam. Delete that shit.

You have control over your facebook page, which is essentially your property relative to other people on facebook. If someone came to your party at your house and spouted shit you didn't like, and is overall ruining the party, you could and should boot his ass out.

dannno
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
That's a pretty interesting read..

keh10
12-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Definitely delete. It's nothing more than spam. Also, I added you on facebook. I promise not link any articles that pose negative publicity on your wall ;)

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Yup. Spam. Delete that shit.

You have control over your facebook page, which is essentially your property relative to other people on facebook. If someone came to your party at your house and spouted shit you didn't like, and is overall ruining the party, you could and should boot his ass out.

I'm more concerned about the damage of political association than I am about what his message is. If the status update had actually been relevant it wouldn't be a question. Thanks!

BamaAla
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
Hey, this is a little off topic, but I'm making $77 an hour scratching my ass at home.

Please tell me how I can do the same!

I would delete it. Spammers are the worst...

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
I would say yes, because you don't want to get branded as being involved with something you don't agree with.

I'd rather it be a strategic point than a point of agreement or disagreement.

I would delete it. Your Facebook status. It is not as if the government is banning the viewpoint. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic to boot.

The off topic nature is what really annoys me more than anything else. That's like a hallmark of spam.

You gotta do what you gotta do. No one will blame you for that.

It is clear to me ... now ... that building 7 was intentionally demolished. IMO, as time goes on, more and more people will become truthers because there is so much obvious evidence that was ignored in the official 9/11 report.

I don't exactly buy the party line on WTC7 myself, and I wholeheartedly believe that woeful incompetence on part of the Bush Administration was covered up in the 9/11 Commission Report and during the course of the investigation.

It's spam. Delete it.

Thankee sai.

You absolutely have to control your message.

I know that is 100% true. I pretty much knew what was going to have to happen from the start, but I also really wanted this to be an open process, kind of making an example here for the sake of all of us doing things better for RP12.

ROFLOL! hahaha

ARealConservative
12-31-2010, 01:10 AM

hilarious!

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2010, 01:18 AM
That's a pretty interesting read..

It may be. I just don't believe that agreement or disagreement is the salient point here. It's more about using the visibility of a public official to promote a personal passion that may be detrimental to that public officials electoral future.

Definitely delete. It's nothing more than spam. Also, I added you on facebook. I promise not link any articles that pose negative publicity on your wall ;)

Thanks! Req accepted. I really appreciate the restraint that some of my more radical Pauler FB friends have shown. Unfortunately in today's America, 'truthful' and 'helpful' are often disparate concepts. A lot of that, of course, stems from the programming that our society has undergone at the hands of big brother government and the Department of Education Indoctrination.

Please tell me how I can do the same!

I would delete it. Spammers are the worst...

LOL thanks, aye, spammers sure do raise my Irish. I bend over backwards to avoid making off topic comments, and whenever I have made OT posts they sure aren't detrimental or promotional of some tangential cause.

Sola_Fide
12-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Take him down Glen!

TheTyke
12-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Sorry to hear it Gunny. :( I've come to accept there will always be those in any movement who don't have a grasp of propriety or even basic strategy. It's YOUR Facebook page and YOUR political image and achievements at stake. You have the right to control that as you wish! Also, our future depends on people like you, so we have to be as smart as we can.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2010, 01:47 AM
Take him down Glen!

I just did. Thanks!

Sorry to hear it Gunny. :( I've come to accept there will always be those in any movement who don't have a grasp of propriety or even basic strategy. It's YOUR Facebook page and YOUR political image and achievements at stake. You have the right to control that as you wish! Also, our future depends on people like you, so we have to be as smart as we can.

I appreciate the input. Indeed, we do have to be as smart as we can. I think all of us should take a lesson from Rand Paul and realize that whether we like it ot not, image is important to electoral politics. While I wholeheartedly oppose the notion of setting up a fake image, we can at least try to avoid setting up for corrosion and tarnish.

Thanks again everybody for the input. I just removed the post.

Baptist
12-31-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm a 9/11 truther. If I were you I would delete that stuff of your facebook. If he is not a constituent then it's not even a question.

AxisMundi
12-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Depends on what you want to do, IMHO.

9/11 "Truth" is far from, and the only way to fight this garbage is WITH truth.

If you don't want to debate the guy, get rid of his garbage.

That's my 2 cents

Uriel999
12-31-2010, 02:08 AM
have you asked him to stop first?

DeadheadForPaul
12-31-2010, 02:14 AM
It's not fair to you that some jerk wants to ride your coattails in order to promote his own agenda.

Reminds me of the Truthers that used Dr. Paul's campaign to spread 9/11 Truth stuff

People can be Truthers if they want - just don't tack your beliefs onto other movements

dannno
12-31-2010, 03:18 AM
I still say worth the read. Like the interviewer, I'm a fan of Chomsky, but I'd really like to pwn him in 9/11 truth like he did.

Yieu
12-31-2010, 03:37 AM
Though it was already deleted, I would have said to delete it too. It's your space, you have the right to let it be used as you see fit, especially if not doing so could look bad.

GunnyFreedom
12-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Thanks again everyone. I have also sent the poster a link to this thread via message.

vita3
12-31-2010, 04:37 AM
Nobody likes a spammer, but I really hope you keep an open mind into looking deeper into 911, especially if urged by your constituents.

chudrockz
12-31-2010, 05:57 AM
As a truther myself, and also one of your post-election FB friends I'd have also voted to delete it. It makes no sense, and is rude, to turn everything that's not relevant into a pet issue.