PDA

View Full Version : F you verizon, I'm out!

Revolution_Ready
12-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Just cancelled two lines with them. Cost me almost 400 dollars in early termination fees, but I refuse to do business with any company who took a government loan. It was real tough to find a bank, but we did it. First Citizens Bank here in Raleigh didn't. They actually bought a few defunct banks after the collapse, like it should happen.

Anyways, if you use Verizon, or use a tarp bank, send them a message!!! It's much more powerful than any other protest I can think of!

dannno
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Where did those termination fees go?

specsaregood
12-30-2010, 08:38 PM
$400 dollars for ceasing to be their customer.....you really show'd them. I wish you were my ex-customer.

Revolution_Ready
12-30-2010, 08:57 PM
$400 dollars for ceasing to be their customer.....you really show'd them. I wish you were my ex-customer.

Thats less than 3 months of our two lines bills. Yes I did show them. Do you have any business sense?

james1906
12-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Thats less than 3 months of our two lines bills. Yes I did show them. Do you have any business sense?

You paid them that? You know it's hard for them to go after you for a service not performed.

Adrian.Bisson
12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
It's in the contract. A contract's a contract. He quit Verizon not because of the service but as a protest or boycott, so it's right and proper for him to live up to his contractual agreement.

Anyway, I respect the choice.

specsaregood
12-30-2010, 09:56 PM

As a matter of fact I do. I don't tend to pay people for nothing. I didn't think you were making a "business sense" case for your actions.

james1906
12-30-2010, 10:02 PM
It's in the contract. A contract's a contract. He quit Verizon not because of the service but as a protest or boycott, so it's right and proper for him to live up to his contractual agreement.

Anyway, I respect the choice.

That's like protesting speed limits by getting a ticket for speeding and then paying the fine.

Revolution_Ready
12-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I bet you all have verizon and don't have the balls to quit. What are your principles worth? 300, 400? Nothing?

james1906
12-30-2010, 10:14 PM
I bet you all have verizon and don't have the balls to quit. What are your principles worth? 300, 400? Nothing?

I don't have any accounts with Verizon.

specsaregood
12-30-2010, 10:22 PM

I have verizon and won't be quiting. Because there is no comparable service to their FIOS internet for even near the cost. And also because if I refused to do business with any entity that took a government loan, that would mean ceasing to do business with anybody that has gone to college over the last few decades.

RR, did you take out a government loan for college?