PDA

View Full Version : McDermott pretends eliminating the filibuster is a good thing instead of an end run

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
on voter preference made clear Nov 2.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/135467-saving-the-senate-from-itself-rep-jim-mcdermott

How could the people possibly have been more clear in voting for gridlock?

Agorism
12-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Why is this in CPAC section?

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Why is this in CPAC section?

Sigh....

because I didn't look up....

I keep the forum open in a different window while I work and then if I cruise the web and find something I post it. Didn't see this had been open to CPAC.

Mods, if you would please move this to general politics, I'd appreciate it.

Icymudpuppy
12-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I see the Filibuster as the Senate's version of hanging a Jury. Laws are a government evil that only one man should be able to strike down if he is vehemently opposed. I applaud the filibuster. I do think that the filibuster should not be able to be used for votes to repeal a law. Only for a new law.

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I see the Filibuster as the Senate's version of hanging a Jury. Laws are a government evil that only one man should be able to strike down if he is vehemently opposed. I applaud the filibuster. I do think that the filibuster should not be able to be used for votes to repeal a law. Only for a new law.

I deeply resent anything that would limit Rand from being able to filibuster.... say.... the patriot act.

I think it went through the senate without a ripple last time.