PDA

View Full Version : Public Unions stall cleanup, get people killed.

aravoth
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
http://objectsinmotion.org/union-intentionally-slowed-nyc-snow-cleanup/

.....Yet another reason why public unions should be outlawed. Here a Public Union intentionally slows the snow cleanup, specifically for high traffic areas. The end result was that Emergency vehicles could not get to the places they needed to go and several people died because it. One person that died, was a newborn baby, just ten hours after it was born.

evilfunnystuff
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
That is some sad shit.

ARealConservative
12-30-2010, 04:40 PM
tort lawyers are salivating as we speak.

Cowlesy
12-30-2010, 04:45 PM
People are pisssssssssed about this. The NY Post article in your post is almost unbelievable. It talks about the city workers who admitted to a councilman that they were told to muff the cleanup efforts to punish Mayor Bloomberg for cutting their budget and workers.

As far as I am concerned, the Union has blood on their hands

roho76
12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
The union bosses who advised the slow down of snow removal should personally be sued in court. He should be charged with murder but we all know that will not happen.

Cowlesy
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
The union bosses who advised the slow down of snow removal should personally be sued in court. He should be charged with murder but we all know that will not happen.

You're right, in fact, they'll probably get raises and increases in their pensions when it is all said and done.

aravoth
12-30-2010, 04:51 PM
You're right, in fact, they'll probably get raises and increases in their pensions when it is all said and done.

And this is what fucking pisses me off the most about shit like this. Stupid mouth-breathers that think the only thing that went wrong with the clean up is that the fucking union just didn't have enough benefits.

roho76
12-30-2010, 05:00 PM

At the very least a paid vacation pending internal investigation.

Kords21
12-30-2010, 05:15 PM
This is truly sickening and should prove to people that unions are more trouble than they're worth these days. The fact that they're petulance led to deaths should be reason to bust it up so it never happens again. Unions had their place once upon a time, but they're usefullness has come to an end. While I hope that some people go to jail for this, I know they won't and they'll probably get a raise or some other rewards for "fighting back against the man" or someting like that.

agitator
12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
This is truly sickening and should prove to people that unions are more trouble than they're worth these days. The fact that they're petulance led to deaths should be reason to bust it up so it never happens again. Unions had their place once upon a time, but they're usefullness has come to an end. While I hope that some people go to jail for this, I know they won't and they'll probably get a raise or some other rewards for "fighting back against the man" or someting like that.

Public Unions, perhaps.

awake
12-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Unions would be fine institutions if their special interest laws could be repealed and the strike threat transformed into voluntary resignation.